Sikh Fanaticism in the UK

• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

tsingh very nice post,

also i agree with shaheediya post, especially this bit:

We need to seperate acknowledgement of lack of respect from the stupid and offensive actions of a few uneducated and mislead youth.

These issues do need to be dealt with, but in a mature manner.

The roots of all this type of thinking run much deeper than people are willing to give credit for. How does it become the case that more than a handful of young people become so vicious at any perceived slur against their own identity? Look at the whole sarbloh thing. It questionned all those accumulated assumptions about what Sikhi is for many post-84 (and post-1925 types) and the response....sustained callous death threats. Now in my mind, that is a greater paap than anything else. The epitomy of total hankar...BUT the response to the counter-criticisms was most telling, 'this is what the great singhs of the past did, they 'dealt with' those trying to destroy the panth'.

instead of 'man tu jot saroop hai'... it's 'man tu pagh & dhari hai'

ye exactly

like all those gatka videos on youtube where the video clip is to kirtan "soora so pehichaniya jo larey deen kay hayt"

And the message thread is nothing but "OMG IM GONNA BEAT YOU UP IF I FIND YOU" whenever someone criticises the 'martial art' which lets face it is not exactly taught in its purest/most effective form

/off topic rant