Modern Sikhi is stylish and decorative?

Pray Truth for all and say Satsriakal!

Dear all and Shaheediyan Jee!

Thanks for your reference. Sorry I do not know this Granth. Please let me know which Guru wrote it and when. I will be grateful.

In Sri Guru Granth Sahib Jee, Guru Gobind Singh Jee did not add His Hymns. May I ask if they were compiling a parallel Granth under His instructions?

By the way attributes of 'Khaalsaa' in this Hymn might be different from the properties of a person who loves to extend his name with the extension 'Khaalsaa'.

I observed another very interesting point in this Hymn. This Sabad is often using words 'mayraa' and 'mayro'. While in Sri Guru Granth Sahib Jee, the Gurus are often using words 'tayraa' and 'tayro'.

Balbir Singh

Dear all and Shaheediyan Jee!

Thanks for your reference. Sorry I do not know this Granth. Please let me know which Guru wrote it and when. I will be grateful.

In Sri Guru Granth Sahib Jee, Guru Gobind Singh Jee did not add His Hymns. May I ask if they were compiling a parallel Granth under His instructions?

By the way attributes of 'Khaalsaa' in this Hymn might be different from the properties of a person who loves to extend his name with the extension 'Khaalsaa'.

I observed another very interesting point in this Hymn. This Sabad is often using words 'mayraa' and 'mayro'. While in Sri Guru Granth Sahib Jee, the Gurus are often using words 'tayraa' and 'tayro'.

Balbir Singh

Guru Gobind Singh Ji wrote this bani.

Balbir Singh - this hymn is 'attributed' to Guru Gobind Singh via the 'Sarabloh Granth', however it is interesting to note that the one body of Sikhs (Nihangs) who uphold the Sarabloh Granth on par with the Guru Granth Sahib have not included this hymn in their two volume release of the Sarabloh Granth (courtesy of Singh Sahib Baba Santa Singh).

Dear all!

God is pure, Khaalsaa. All else is, mixed up with Ahankaar and various impurities. Still, all is HIS Sarguna Roop.

I feel great when God speaks these words "KHALSA MERO ROOP HAI KHAAS."

Yet as claimed, Guru Gobind Singh Jee wrote this Hymn. One Vaak from this Hymn is "KHALSA MERI JAAT AR PAT." I am not sure if pure God (Khaalsaa) have Jaat and Paat nor Guru Gobind Singh Jee.

Balbir Singh

Veer Balbir Singh Ji,

I think Guru ji is saying that the sublime Khalsa (brotherhood of pure ones), is above jaat paat. Meaning, the brotherhood of those who follow in Gods will, is above all worldly status. Amrit sanchaar proves this when all the initiates drink amrit from the same battaa and eliminate all social, economic and racial barriers, it is this universal, all encompassing nature that Guru ji claims as his jaat.

"Amrit sanchaar proves this when all the initiates drink amrit from the same battaa and eliminate all social, economic and racial barriers, it is this universal, all encompassing nature that Guru ji claims as his jaat."

Unless of course, one is taking Amrit from the Buddha Dal, in which case, one's jaat is questioned first and then Amrit distributed separately...

Dear all!

These are the lines from the referred Hymn.

"KHALSA MERI JAAT AR PAT."

Khaalsaa is my caste & creed.

Many say that Guru Gobind Singh Jee stabilized Sikh Dharama. Others say He started the Guru Panth. According to the above line He might have started a caste and Creed named Khaalsaa.

The enlightened Gurus realize Truth, live Truth and speak Truth.

They do not behave like a worldly person who speaks with uncertainty and then asserts that he has spoken truth. All should believe him, like in the following line.

"YA MAI RANCH NA MITHE-AA BHAAKH-EE."

In this not a little lie is spoken.

Balbir Singh

as for the fashion show thing, I read an article by one of the people who thought it up. He is doing something to make Sikh roop more acceptable to the mainstream population, some positivie media coverage rather than the negative media bias which is so common. nothing wrong with that, so long as it is respectful to the dharm. In some of the cases, I think the whole idea of dharm is totally removed. But, then it's not to promote sikh dharm, just wider acceptance/tolerance of the turban. keeping in mind that limited view, it seems ok to me. keep in mind i don't believe there's any disrespect of dharm going on. also, turban is very very (or was) common thing in many religions/cultures around the world.

i even remember seeing a pic of an old catalogue from the 1920?'s with women's house turban advertiesed for goreeiya(n). don't remember if that was on this site.