niddar singh on vaisakhi radio today 7pm

who is niddar singh?

niddar singh is an ustad of shaster vidya. check www.sarbloh.info

just got back from radio vaisakhi... contrary to what u may have heard on the radio... the speaker did turn up! they pulled the plug on the interview less than an hour before it was supposed to go live... too late to inform niddar singh not to drive down from wolverhampton.

very unprofessional

why they pull plug?

hmmm... that depends who u believe.

i know the presenter who was on that time... last weekend he spoke to me about his show saying he had an open slot on thursday evening when he could bring on a guest & he'd like to bring on niddar singh. i spoke to niddar singh... he was cool with it & wanted to meet the presenter. they met on monday evening at sanjam kriya & both were happy to go ahead.

yesterday & at around 5pm today i spoke to the presenter... both times he said everything was ok, he'd spoken to everyone at the radio station & we were good to go. a little after 6.15pm i got a phonecall from the presenter saying he'd been called up by someone at the council of sikh gurdwaras in birmingham (csgb) called rajinder singh kang & told not to allow niddar singh on the radio. by that time niddar singh had already left wolves & his mobile was turned off.

so i went down to the radio station, met niddar singh & we went upstairs to speak to the presenter... he said it was out of his hands, & he had no contact details for raj kang. i went downstairs to ask the ppl there if any of them hand kang's details so i could talk to him regarding the radio. a woman called shantose kaur said she was in charge of vaisakhi radio... so i explained to her that niddar singh had travelled from wolves just to be told his slot had been cancelled by someone named raj kang. she called him up & relayed his message that the slot was supposed to be for kids & niddar singh would be inappropriate for then, but they could re-book him at a more suitable time. i said that doesn't rlly help, because he's made the journey already & they should've said that before. she replied that she was only the messenger & kang would be there in 10-15mins... & we could talk to him then.

raj kang arrived shortly with jagdev singh boprai (boss). we spoke to him & he said every speaker has to go through a vetting process by the committee which consisted of 5 ppl including himself, shantose & boprai... & that niddar singh was inappropriate for that slot. then he said it was the presenter's fault for not going through them... that he was niave (the presenter's only 17)... & said on 3 occasions that he would have words with him & tell him that it was unacceptable... & that if he continued doing things like that he wouldn't be able to continue doing what he does. shantose said i put my hands together & ask for ur forgiveness.

niddar singh spoke to them about what he was going to talk about, & some random singh who was there said, wow that's amazing... that's the kind of parchar that we need... if we have a few mins spare today, we should put him on... to which shantose replied quite abruptly, no... we have no time. raj kang gave us shantose's number, after which we left.

a couple of hours later i got a call from the presenter asking what had happened downstairs. i asked him if he'd got a bollocking... & he said no... he sat downstairs for 40 minutes after his slot with all of them & they wouldn't tell him what had happened, only that they'd had words with niddar singh & he'd only come down there to cause trouble. he wasn't aware that they'd blamed the whole thing on him... & also said he was on for 2 hours... 6 - 7pm slot was for kids... & 7 - 8pm slot was for the youth (teenagers etc)... & in that slot, butta singh & harjinder singh (gatka instructors) amongst others, had both been on & given interviews.

that's what happened... u can decide for urselves who's being honest, & who's chatting sh!t.

Guest Javanmard

Everyone's Sanatan like, even Sooooofis like, they're Sanatan like cos wadadalwajooooood like means peace with all like and that sanatan like, like?

Only wasabi musalmans like they trouble like like Aurangzeb like cos he wasn't sanatan like

you fanatics like u just scared of the truuuuuuuuuth like, edan kidan like

I've been listening to radio vasakhi since it started and its going downhill since the license was given to the coucnil of sikh gurudawars , i think 3-4 years ago . On one hand the presenters are broadcasting to people telling them to come to the studio with their views , the other minute like this , refuse to let people on the air , plus there is alot of advertisement happening on the radio station ( money pulling stunt i think) , what has buying property , opening an IcICI bank account got to do with vasakhi

apart from having money to buy and eat samosa and spring rolls :D

It seems they have lack of presenters with valid material , theres nothing on the radio station that are making people aware about sikhism , all they do is play shabads/geets/advertisements

Intellectual debate is ironically not the sikh community's forte. I think having a topic and then providing different perspectives on it would benefit everyone. Otherwise our community will remain like bland-aloo gobi forever

Y'know when 'God save the queen (a facist regime that made you a moron..)' by the Sex Pistols got banned on the Gueen's jubilee, they didn't roll over like this Guv. They hired a ship on the Thames and played the track live through a huge deafening PA system. Freed was there, he'll tell you. SO get Niddar Singh on the back of a truck with a megaphone on the Vaisakhi nagar kirtan. Its the only way to get the truth out...

But seriously this topic got me thinking two things;

1) Why are people so surprised?

What do you expect when a) there are very few learned authorities resident in the UK B) there has not generally been anything but Khalistanis running Gurdwaras since 84 trying to keep things mono-thought c) the jat male patriarchal committee/political groups running gurdwaray thing. The Nihang perspective is inherently political...very political. So they're bound to try and stop these voices from speaking.

2) Niddar Singh's reputation - the other thing is that whether you like it or not the very name 'Niddar Singh' rings a lot of alarm bells for non-Nihang types...so why not diversify a bit, surely there are others who can talk publicly. Paramjeet Singh's a great speaker, there are some brainy bods (I say some) among the UK Nihangs, get them out there too. I remember at one of those UKPHA talks some Singh in a suit (always a bad sign) doing a talk called 'Two and Half Strikes' or something and you could tell it was pure Niddar Singh. You shouldn't rely on one individual's reputation...in my humblest opinion.

An application form to join modern day Sikhi

Sikh History

EDIT EDIT EDIT EDIT EDIT EDIT EDIT EDIT EDIT EDIT EDIT EDIT EDIT EDIT EDIT EDIT EDIT EDIT EDIT EDIT EDIT you must hate niddar singh EDIT EDIT EDIT EDIT EDIT EDIT EDIT EDIT EDIT EDIT EDIT EDIT EDIT EDIT EDIT EDIT EDIT EDIT EDIT EDIT EDIT EDIT EDIT EDIT EDIT EDIT EDIT EDIT EDIT EDIT EDIT EDIT EDIT EDIT EDIT EDIT EDIT EDIT EDIT EDIT EDIT EDIT EDIT EDIT EDIT EDIT EDIT EDIT EDIT EDIT EDIT EDIT EDIT EDIT EDIT EDIT EDIT EDIT EDIT EDIT EDIT EDIT EDIT EDIT EDIT EDIT EDIT EDIT EDIT EDIT EDIT EDIT EDIT EDIT EDIT EDIT EDIT EDIT EDIT EDIT EDIT EDIT EDIT EDIT EDIT EDIT EDIT EDIT niddar singh is the devil EDIT EDIT EDIT EDIT EDIT EDIT EDIT EDIT EDIT EDIT EDIT EDIT EDIT EDIT EDIT EDIT EDIT EDIT EDIT EDIT EDIT EDIT EDIT EDIT EDIT EDIT EDIT EDIT EDIT EDIT EDIT EDIT EDIT EDIT EDIT EDIT EDIT EDIT EDIT EDIT EDIT EDIT EDIT EDIT EDIT EDIT EDIT EDIT EDIT EDIT EDIT EDIT EDIT EDIT EDIT EDIT EDIT EDIT EDIT EDIT EDIT EDIT EDIT EDIT EDIT EDIT EDIT EDIT EDIT EDIT EDIT EDIT EDIT EDIT EDIT EDIT EDIT EDIT EDIT EDIT [glow=red:92a7e0d395]MUST BE VEGETARIAN[/glow:92a7e0d395] EDIT EDIT EDIT EDIT EDIT EDIT EDIT EDIT EDIT EDIT EDIT EDIT EDIT EDIT EDIT EDIT EDIT EDIT EDIT EDIT EDIT EDIT EDIT EDIT EDIT EDIT EDIT EDIT EDIT EDIT EDIT EDIT EDIT EDIT EDIT EDIT EDIT EDIT EDIT EDIT EDIT EDIT EDIT EDIT EDIT [glow=red:92a7e0d395]MUST SUPPORT KHALISTAN[/glow:92a7e0d395] EDIT EDIT EDIT EDIT EDIT EDIT EDIT EDIT EDIT EDIT EDIT EDIT EDIT EDIT EDIT EDIT EDIT EDIT EDIT EDIT EDIT EDIT EDIT EDIT EDIT EDIT EDIT EDIT EDIT EDIT EDIT EDIT EDIT EDIT EDIT EDIT EDIT EDIT EDIT EDIT EDIT EDIT EDIT EDIT EDIT EDIT EDIT EDIT EDIT EDIT EDIT EDIT EDIT EDIT EDIT EDIT EDIT EDIT EDIT EDIT EDIT [glow=red:92a7e0d395]HINDUS WILL TAKE OVER THE WORLD[/glow:92a7e0d395] EDIT EDIT EDIT EDIT EDIT EDIT EDIT EDIT EDIT EDIT EDIT EDIT EDIT EDIT EDIT EDIT EDIT EDIT niddar singh is rss EDIT EDIT EDIT EDIT EDIT EDIT EDIT EDIT EDIT EDIT EDIT EDIT EDIT EDIT EDIT EDIT EDIT EDIT EDIT EDIT EDIT EDIT EDIT EDIT EDIT EDIT EDIT

PLEASE TICK THE FOLLOWING ONE MUST BE SELECTED OR WE WILL DECIDE FOR YOU PLEASE NOTE IF YOU DON’T AGREE WITH US YOU’RE AGAINST US

RSS

SHIVSENA

CONGRESS

BJP

GREEN PEACE

B&Q DIY

THE GUY WHO NEVER BUYS A PINT

THE GUY WHO ALWAYS PARKS ACROSS MY DRIVE

THE GUY CALLED “DAAS” IS SO HUBBLE SPENDS ALL HIS TIME DOING SEVA AND THE REST OF THE TIME TELLING EVERYONE ABOUT IT

PLEASE SATE YOUR NATIONALITY

BRITISH

INDIAN ( please note if you tick this you’re a Hindu Lover and you’re anti Sikh)

KHALISTANI ( If you tick this it’s the only way to salvation well done!)

OTHER (including visitors from Mars and neighbouring planets but NO Namdharies)

Please enclose a payment of £101 ( minimum) marked to the building fund we will announce it after you complete your akand path for which we will charge you a further £1000. (er..Minimum)

“ What!? What do you mean the Gurudwara is complete!!? I still need the money so pay up” “who’s gonna pay for the service on my wife’s Mercedes” “its all seva don’t worry sat sangath ji”

***Well done you have now a guaranteed place in SuchKand***

( please note this does not apply if your cheque bounces cash is always preferred wink wink)

This is actually a reflection of "Modern Day INTERNET Sikhi" which many people mistake for reality.

The VAST MAJORITY of Sikhs in the modern era do not give two hoots for Khalistan, Vegetarianism etc etc...this is largely reflective of a certain subsection of Sikhs who have plenty of spare time to spread their propaganda on the Internet...be they from so-called neo or sanatan mindsets...

The vast majority of Sikhs dont give tgwo hoots for khalistan, i guess youre right about this, but that duznt make it something bad. The vast majority of Sikhs dont care about Sikhi, but that duznt make Sikhi bad either. The vast majority of Sikhs problalbly couldnt give a shhite over starving african, but that duznt make them right. I support Khalistan, and a lot of people who i know do, certainly the majority of gursikhs do tend to support it, the people who dont are usaully those who know nothing about Sikhi either.

I was at a wedding last week, and the guys brother said in a loud voice after the lavan" is it fininshed" befre getting up and walking out. I supose if you asked him he wouldnt say he supported it. If you asked sum1 who was more into Sikhi, he probably would say yes.

catanga, your views are acknowledged, however you have missed my point entirely - the humdrum we see on the internet about Khalistan, Vegetarianism, Nihang Maryada, Ragamala, Sarabloh utensils, blah blah blah blah, etc etc etc (gosh when will the damn record finally stop!!!) - is precisely that, internet only, these people hold no real support in the real world, needless to say they tend to be little more than young impressionable 20-year old 'adults'.

Guest Javanmard

Sanatanis, Neo-Sikhs, Sant followers, Akj , Radhasoamis...same tribalism everywhere. Behind all the big internet hoo haa the essential question that makes them who they are is this: don't marry out of caste!

Ooops that's "Hinduism"...

niranjana the issue of khalistan being on the net is prob becuz its a safe way to express yourself. True , the movment can only start and fininsh in India, but in a country where you would be looking at 2 years min. in and out of court, becuz you said the word khalistan means that only a handful of people with political clout are the ones who can say it.

The day when sum1 like me could express their views in a ravan raaj dusht hakoomat country like india is when we will actually have sum progress in india, rather than having to talk about it in hushed tones, for fear of the ravan sena that is known as the panjab police.

chatanga

catanga - again you keep missing my point, (hint: I'm not discussing Khalistan), the majority of issues floating around the internet are non-issues for the majority of Sikhs.

p.s. your claim that "in a country where you would be looking at 2 years min. in and out of court, becuz you said the word khalistan means that only a handful of people with political clout are the ones who can say it." is a nice theory often touted on the internet and BOSS camps, frankly most Sikhs haven't the time for such useless propaganda especially when it comes from born again "kids" who consider themselves authorities on Sikhi because they now sport a long beard (courtesy of years of shaving) and a large dastar.