~ Rare Live Recording by baba ghulam mohammed chand~

when my father went to pakistan on gurpurb about 3/4 years ago, bhai lal was there at gurdware dehra sahib, and he had tobacco in his pocket. he was immediatley asked to leave the gurdwara. he complied with this , but i read an interview with him, later in which he stated the sikhs have forgotten us and have no respect for us. he didnt say that he had deeply hurt sikh sentiments and violated the sanctity of guru ghar. just wanted to share that with you.

chatanga

when my father went to pakistan on gurpurb about 3/4 years ago, bhai lal was there at gurdware dehra sahib, and he had tobacco in his pocket. he was immediatley asked to leave the gurdwara. he complied with this , but i read an interview with him, later in which he stated the sikhs have forgotten us and have no respect for us. he didnt say that he had deeply hurt sikh sentiments and violated the sanctity of guru ghar. just wanted to share that with you.

chatanga

was he smoking in the gurdwara? if not, i don't see how he "deeply hurt sikh sentiments"

Bhai lal is different from bhai chand...even though they may be from the same ilk. I am chardiankallah but I do alot of padhs because I eat too many potato chips (as you guys would like to call them 'crisps'), am I hurting everyone's sentiments because I have indulged in the gluttony of eating? does it hurt your sentiments..(that I don't know but I it would certainly require your avastha to be really high in order to not lose dhyaan when I let it rip). nonsense aside, rababi's were kicked out because they wouldn't become amritdhari. They would have the same mentality of anyone sitting on any kursi because everyone wants to be karta purakh...and then sit back and be 'rab'....its our ego's best attempt at emulating god...hence we have the philanthropist who now can "BE GOD" by doing good for the less wealthy....but I think they do padhs too and I feel that the sanctity of my padhs, which are still more consistent than most people's 'iraadha gets ruined by entering the wrong nostrils.!

tobacco is not allowed in gurdwara . end of.smoking it or not. read the sakhian of the gurus pertaining to tobacco. anyone who takes it in should be asked to leave immediately. it seems that for all your knowledge you dont know the status of tobacco in sikhi. it is called jagat jooth. filth of the world. same as like walking round wiv a turd in your pocket into the guru ghar.

rang baranga,

I agree with you about the jagat jhoot bit..it is one of the bajjar kurehits for the khalsa. I totally agree. on the other note, I do padhs constantly...not tutti; in actuality, if the problem was me carrying tutti in my pockets; then the padh scenario would be debunkt...please don't do my baseti on the net...your veer

drawrof

"He spouts the names of the 10 Sikh gurus with more ease than he can count the names of the 12 Imams. His ancestors trace their lineage to Baba Mardana, through whom Guru Nanak spoke, and to the strains of whose rabab he sang his hymns."

12 imams? was Bhai Mardana a shia?

tobacco is not allowed in gurdwara . end of.smoking it or not. read the sakhian of the gurus pertaining to tobacco. anyone who takes it in should be asked to leave immediately. it seems that for all your knowledge you dont know the status of tobacco in sikhi. it is called jagat jooth. filth of the world. same as like walking round wiv a turd in your pocket into the guru ghar.

i'm glad u think i'm knowledgeable!!... most ppl think i'm a bit of an idiot... now i can tell them their wrong... coz bhai sahib bhai chantanga said so! :LOL:

u rlly take things to heart don't u?

i never said tobacco was good... nor did i say it's ok to take it into maharaj's darbar... in your first post you said...

he was immediatley asked to leave the gurdwara. he complied with this

now take a deep breath & read my post again... & try not to make assumptions or jump to rash conclusions!

the Awal Allah noor upaya is just awesome...... soo beautifulll

i feel so sorry for them.. we have treated them worse than animals.... i really feel sorry :(

we have not treated them with respect as sri guru nanak dev ji would have treated them but your choice of words - worse than animals is too far fetched. Lets not get carried away here with words.

But i got your point.

• 2 weeks later...

If anyone here hasnt visited www.gurmatveechar.com i suggest you do so and look up Katha by Giani Thakur Singh of Muktinama.

He talks a great deal on tobacco. My post on this forum invited replies insinuating that it seemed to be ok , and i quote " was he smoking n the gurdwara..."

If you listen to this katha you will see why many people were upset over Bhai Lal's beadbi. Also only smokers would carry tobacco in thier pockets. So on one hand we have a smoker who consumes the filth of the world, and on the second hand we have him reciting Dhur ki Bani in the hazuri of Guru Maharaj. Is this a contradiction or not?

but singhhh....he's a descendant of bhai mardana......that means he should be able to do keertan in gurdwarey....being in the same family line means he's like bhai mardana 2.0...the upgraded version....who cares if he consumes tobacco, listening to him is like listening to bhai mardana. If anything, we should buy him his tobacco, it probably makes his voice better. :roll:

i know it is off the topic but i can name quite alot of raagis who have been caught, drinking, eating meat and taking drugs but because hey have the outside forms of a baptized sikh they perform keertan in all gurdwaras and take a hell of alot of money for singing keertan

lol, i was trying to be sarcastic, guess it didn't work. Now, to put it literally...

I do not believe it is okay for a keertani to chew or smoke tobacco and still be given keertan time in a gurdwara. There is no bigger kurehit than tobacco use and given the information provided to me by people I have a lot of respect for, tobacco completely kills whatever avastha you have achieved. Being a descendant of Bhai mardana shouldn't give anyone special privledges, they should be greatly respected, however doing keertan or katha in Guru Sahib's hazoori is not just any small deed and thus I believe that if indeed Bhai Ali uses tobacco, he should not be given keertan time at Gurdwarey. Also, although Kam said it was offtopic so it doesn't really need to be addressed, my only response to that post, and I think Kam would agree, is that 'two wrongs don't make a right'.

Guest Javanmard

I agree with gurpreet. Bhai Ali should give up tobacco. In any case tobacco has been declared haram my many Shi' movements so really he has all reasons to abandon that bad habit.

Guest Javanmard

See not that impossible! I judge opinions not people. If you say something right with which I agree with then I say it. As Imam Ali (as) said: Look at the principle first then only at the person, not the opposite.