52 Hakums oF Guru Gobind Singh Ji Maharaj

• 10 months later...

could it be because in a state governed by non-sikhs, sikhs will be opressed due to other religions view on sikhs and "disbelievers".

for instance, a muslim state will impose a certain tax on you if you are a non-muslim, and a christian state will not even allow you to have a Gurdwara as you are a "hethen"....

could that be the reason? i know there is logic behind like in the case of the "daughters poison"

• 3 weeks later...

Vahe-Guru ji ka Khalsa Vahe-Guru ji ki Fateh,

I don't think anyone mentioned the source of the hukumnamey:

I have read 2 things, 1 they were written by Baba Budda Ji's grandson before Maharajs ascent, or they were written by Budda Singh, son of Shaheed Bhai Manni Singh ji.

I think they are recorded in by Kavi Santokh in the Sooraj Prakash granth.

45) Putari da dhan bikh jananaa - Recognize the property of a

daughter as poison?

In my view, Maharaj is giving women a high status, parents bring up a daughter and treat her as an honoured guest, her future/destination lies in her Husbands house. Sikh parents raise the daughter as someone's future amaanat (treasure) and when the time comes, find a suitable Gursikh groom and give her away in marriage.

For this reason, one never takes money from a guest living in their house. A Sikh will always incur all costs and treat the guest with dignity.

It also stops greedy parents living of their daughters wages!

(albeit, there may exceptions to this i..e disabled parents etc).

Bhul Chuk Maaf

Daas

• 1 year later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

i found out about the history behind these 52 hukams: At Guru Gobind Singhs Ji's time there were 3 singhs(that i know of) that asked guru ji what should sikhs do and not do and actually recorded it in writing: Bhai Nand Lal Ji, Bhai Chopa Singh Ji Shibr, and Bhai Daiya Singh ji. There writings have been printed nowadays as Bhai Nand Lal Ji's rehitname etc.

The Sants of Damdami taksal have gathered the mota mota stuff(main) and wrote it as the 52 hukamnames. If u read on any of the 52 hukamnames on top it will say ......sankhep etc. In this years gurnat camp here in Ca, we read most of bhai Nand Lal Ji's and Bhai Chopa Singh Ji' Rehitname. And there was this big "discussion" about printing those and passing them around, because bhai nand lal ji and Bhai Chopa singh ji wrote in old languages, so we had a katha of them and some ppl had written it down, but then some ppl said no we can't pass them around saying that these are Guru Gobind Singh Ji's Hukamname and Follow them to ppl because we may have the wrong interpretation etc.

SORRY FOR GOING OFF TOPIC