Value of todays Nagar Kirtans

Guest Javanmard

That picture is just tasteless , tacky and just shows the slave mind that consists in pleasing white crowds by showing how hard working Sikhs are. That isn't prachar: that's called being a lapdog!

actually, the more sangat you do jaap with, the more kamai you get. So the # involved matters b/c kamai is multiplied.

And as for the above banner, I don't think there's anything wrong with showing positive aspects of Sikh history in canada. I would only consider it slave mentality if Sikhs watered down the principles of our dharm to make it conform more.

"the more sangat you do jaap with, the more kamai you get" - I see, rather like the "bhagti points" that 'Nihang' Manjot Singh Khalsa speaks of in his 'veechars'!!!

In any event, what is the need to undertake this jaap in the middle of a road (again to spell out the obvious, disrupt traffic, other's lives and possible worse)??? Surely, the 'kamai' in numbers that you speak of can be achieved easily in a Gurdwara, private residence or a samagam in a park etc, I still fail to see any legitimate purpose to holding a street procession?