Two Sardars vs 40 Dacoits - a true story!

kirpa_karo

http://www.mumbaimirror.com/net/mmpaper.as...1924531215e4be2

Sarabjeet Singh Bhullar, 50, (left) and his son Baljeet, 25, fought off 40 dacoits for 25 minutes and forced them to flee. Bhullar Sr has got 11 stitches on his head as a result of the assault by the dacoits, and his son has bruises on his hands

You might think this is a scene straight out of a Hindi film. While 40 dacoits are trying to break a window grill that would lead them into a bungalow, the 50-year-old house owner and his 25-year-old son hold on to it with all the power at their command; 25 minutes later, the onslaught of the thieves still on, the owner pulls out his final weapon of resistance -- the kirpan -- and threatens to kill. The sight of the kirpan so frightens the dacoits that they beat a quick retreat.

Belapur resident Sarabjeet Singh Bhullar and his son Baljeet fought off 40 dacoits for 25 minutes in this fashion on Tuesday morning and finally forced them to flee, Amar Jadhav, deputy commissioner of police (zone I), Navi Mumbai, said.

Police said the dacoits belonged to the same gang that has carried out a series of dacoities in Thane and Navi Mumbai in the last one month.

According to police, at around 3.30 am, Bhullar Sr and Jr, who live with six other family members — their wives and four children of Baljeet — in their 1,800 sq ft bungalow in Sector 8B, heard loud thuds from near the window close to their main door.

When they opened the window and looked out, they saw 40 men had entered their compound and were hurling huge stones at the window grill in an attempt to break it. Fearing the grill would give way, the father-son duo held on to it with all their might, while their wives began making frantic calls to the cops and their relatives.

“In order to stop this resistance, the dacoits began to target us. They hit us with bamboo sticks and stones,†Bhullar Sr said. While he was hit behind his left ear by a big stone, the son was struck on the head several times and on the knees. They still refused to budge.

The one thing that kept them going, Bhullar Jr said, was the thought of family. “We were sure that if the dacoits entered the home, they would kill us all. They seemed capable of doing anything,†he said.

The struggle continued for 25 minutes, police said, but the neighbours, woken by the sounds, did not help. Sensing that the thugs would not retreat, Bhullar Sr, bleeding and in considerable pain, drew out his kirpan and threatened to kill the dacoits if they did not go away. “I recited our holy prayer and drew out my kirpan. I was serious about going after them. I did not have an option, really,†he noted.

Almost unbelievably, the kirpan did the trick: the dacoits, looking scared, decided to retreat. Bhullar Sr now has nine stitches behind his ears and his son has bruises on his hands and knees.

Ramrao Wagh, commissioner of Navi Mumbai police said: “The Bhullars were very brave throughout the ordeal. But I wish the neighbours had also come out to help.â€

The cops arrived soon after, but by that time the dacoits were out of sight.

The gang then went to Sector 8A, barged into the ground-floor homes of two families, and walked away with jewellery and cash. However, a police team, on the chase, managed to arrested two of the gang members: Ambadas Pawar, 40, and Deepak Pawar, 25.

One of the two houses robbed by the gang belonged to Kamlaben Mehta, 73. Mehta, who was at home with her daughter Manjula, 44, said more than 20 dacoits broke open the door of their home with a huge boulder and took away valuables.

Soon after, they broke open the neighbouring house, which belongs to her other daughter, Anita Bhatkar. The dacoits took away cash and valuables worth Rs 2 lakh from the two houses, police said.

• 14 years later...
On 5/16/2007 at 5:17 PM, kirpa_karo said:

http://www.mumbaimirror.com/net/mmpaper.as...1924531215e4be2

Sarabjeet Singh Bhullar, 50, (left) and his son Baljeet, 25, fought off 40 dacoits for 25 minutes and forced them to flee. Bhullar Sr has got 11 stitches on his head as a result of the assault by the dacoits, and his son has bruises on his hands

You might think this is a scene straight out of a Hindi film. While 40 dacoits are trying to break a window grill that would lead them into a bungalow, the 50-year-old house owner and his 25-year-old son hold on to it with all the power at their command; 25 minutes later, the onslaught of the thieves still on, the owner pulls out his final weapon of resistance -- the kirpan -- and threatens to kill. The sight of the kirpan so frightens the dacoits that they beat a quick retreat.

Belapur resident Sarabjeet Singh Bhullar and his son Baljeet fought off 40 dacoits for 25 minutes in this fashion on Tuesday morning and finally forced them to flee, Amar Jadhav, deputy commissioner of police (zone I), Navi Mumbai, said.

Police said the dacoits belonged to the same gang that has carried out a series of dacoities in Thane and Navi Mumbai in the last one month.

According to police, at around 3.30 am, Bhullar Sr and Jr, who live with six other family members — their wives and four children of Baljeet — in their 1,800 sq ft bungalow in Sector 8B, heard loud thuds from near the window close to their main door.

When they opened the window and looked out, they saw 40 men had entered their compound and were hurling huge stones at the window grill in an attempt to break it. Fearing the grill would give way, the father-son duo held on to it with all their might, while their wives began making frantic calls to the cops and their relatives.

“In order to stop this resistance, the dacoits began to target us. They hit us with bamboo sticks and stones,†Bhullar Sr said. While he was hit behind his left ear by a big stone, the son was struck on the head several times and on the knees. They still refused to budge.

The one thing that kept them going, Bhullar Jr said, was the thought of family. “We were sure that if the dacoits entered the home, they would kill us all. They seemed capable of doing anything,†he said.

The struggle continued for 25 minutes, police said, but the neighbours, woken by the sounds, did not help. Sensing that the thugs would not retreat, Bhullar Sr, bleeding and in considerable pain, drew out his kirpan and threatened to kill the dacoits if they did not go away. “I recited our holy prayer and drew out my kirpan. I was serious about going after them. I did not have an option, really,†he noted.

Almost unbelievably, the kirpan did the trick: the dacoits, looking scared, decided to retreat. Bhullar Sr now has nine stitches behind his ears and his son has bruises on his hands and knees.

Ramrao Wagh, commissioner of Navi Mumbai police said: “The Bhullars were very brave throughout the ordeal. But I wish the neighbours had also come out to help.â€

The cops arrived soon after, but by that time the dacoits were out of sight.

The gang then went to Sector 8A, barged into the ground-floor homes of two families, and walked away with jewellery and cash. However, a police team, on the chase, managed to arrested two of the gang members: Ambadas Pawar, 40, and Deepak Pawar, 25.

One of the two houses robbed by the gang belonged to Kamlaben Mehta, 73. Mehta, who was at home with her daughter Manjula, 44, said more than 20 dacoits broke open the door of their home with a huge boulder and took away valuables.

Soon after, they broke open the neighbouring house, which belongs to her other daughter, Anita Bhatkar. The dacoits took away cash and valuables worth Rs 2 lakh from the two houses, police said.

The link is not working.

Has anyone else heard of this story?

Thanks

Bhul chuk maaf

23 hours ago, paapiman said:

The link is not working.

Has anyone else heard of this story?

Thanks

Bhul chuk maaf

Jee, I searched google and it's easily there

Sikh lo Updated: May 16, 2007, 02:19 IST FACEBOOK TWITTER LI

image.thumb.png.c55181ae194e6f9aee42baa6cf7c1fea.png