Nihang Mahapurshs

Dhan Guru Gobind Singh Ji maharaj.

Khalsa ji Baba Mitt Singh Ji Brahmgiani was a great saint. He took Amrit around the age of 10 years old, and also got farla at that age to by Singhs specially sent by Guru Gobind Singh Ji.

I do not know much about baba Dharam Singh Ji also from hazoor sahib.

It would be great if the sangat could share any info on these great nihung mahapurshs as they did alot of bhagti. Not just these Mahapurshs but other nihang saints who keep gupt, it would be great to spread the gian of these great saints to everyone.

On a side note, i remember listening to katha being done by Giani Thakur Singh Ji where he mentions baba Kirpal Singh of Budha dal, he used to be the secretary and writer of Budha dal some years ago. Baba Kirpal singh used to go to hazoor sahib and while he was there he got darshan of Guru Gobind Singh ji there on a regular basis. Baba Kirpal singh used to ask dasam pita various questions and maharaj gave him bachan back to his questions. Baba Kirpal Singh ji was a tyar par tyar Nihung blessed soul.

Thanks

akaaal

If there's one thing I've learnt its that you can learn about 0.1% by asking questions about Nihang Singhs on forums. Khalsa Ji you must go and live amongst the dals in panjaab to find out these sakhis - and the anand you will get from hearing them there will be billions times better than on here!

But I do respect you thirst for knowlegde and your prem - it is beautiful! As for spreading the gyaan I think thats a beautiful idea. I'm currently in a rush but when I get some time I will try and record the sakhis I have heard about various Mahapurkh.

But in the end I would say you got to hear these stories from some chardi kala singhs in Panjaab the anand that comes to listening to them - I cant describe!

AKAAAAAL!

Good topic, would be nice to get some good information up here. Brief introduction to Baba Mit Singh can be read here:

http://tapoban.org/SIRIMAAN%20BABA%20MITT%20SINGH%20JEE.pdf

It is due largely to the efforts Baba Jis effort that the Santhiya tradition within the Nihang Dals is currently very strong. Many Nihang Singhs can trace their santhiya tradition to Baba Mit Singhs taksal, whose students also inluded Jathedar Baba Santa Singh (Budha Dal) and Jathedar Baba Daya Singh (Bidhi Chand Dal)

Fathe

Some good points from the sangat here, as these great saints were great and the khalsa needs to know this, their jeevans need to be shared so we gain the laha.

Any other information or sakhis about these saints would be great, i understand what kirpa_karo is saying that it is best to go to panjab to get everything which i agree with.

Fathe

Some good points from the sangat here, as these great saints were great and the khalsa needs to know this, their jeevans need to be shared so we gain the laha.

Any other information or sakhis about these saints would be great, i understand what kirpa_karo is saying that it is best to go to panjab to get everything which i agree with.

Baba Mitt Singh Ji was a blessed soul.

One incident from his jeevan was when current Budha dal jathedar Baba Santa singh ji went to meet him. Baba Santa singh went to baba mitt singh ji with a pothi of dasam bani, he said to baba mitt singh: 'Baba ji meri santiya karao'. baba mitt singh ji replied:' Teri santiya hogi'.

Baba mitt singh blessed baba santa singh with all the santiya with just that 1 bachan, they say that before baba santa singh ji met baba mitt singh ji, baba santa ji did not not any script, and with that 1 bachan he was blesses with perefect santiya of all bani.

This is just one incident from the life of baba mitt singh ji, there are many more, thanks to bhai Amriteshwar singh ji fro the info.

"If there's one thing I've learnt its that you can learn about 0.1% by asking questions about Nihang Singhs on forums. Khalsa Ji you must go and live amongst the dals in panjaab to find out these sakhis ....."

If I turned up at any shouni and asked if i could spend a week there woudl I be allowed to stay with the dal and observe them?

• 11 months later...

Baba Kirtan Singh

Baba Sohan Singh

Baba Kundan Singh

Baba Kharag Singh

Baba Bishen Singh

Baba Lehna Singh

Baba Karam Singh

Baba Gurbax Singh

Baba Giana Singh

Dhundiya Vala Baba

Baba Harbhajan Singh

Just a small list of Nihang Singhs who are stll today highly celebrated Brahmgianis, all of the past three decades or so. And of course the various mahapursh still within the dalpanths. Unfortunately Nihang Singhs havent exactly been the best at recording history of their mahapursh, stories of the mahapursh can only really be heard of within the dals they belonged or by local villagers. The ones mentioned all have their barsi's celebrated with full glory.

• 10 years later...
  • 11 months later...
  • 2 years later...