was guru nanak dev ji shia muslim?

Guest Javanmard

Guest Javanmard

I guess that raping Muslim women during partition was an act of chivalry on your people's part right?

You do realise that Shi'as get persecuted in Saudi Arabia and that anyone who kills a Shi'a there is told he'll go to heaven.

You people are so pig ignorant...debating with you is like debating with a retard...

Javanmard as you can remember that the Janamsakhi from the SOAS which talks about Guru Nanak Dev Ji having a muslim wife and two daughters is not by a muslim author. Apologies for the assumption. Can you tell me what the title is please or the possible author as you must remember something. I only ask as a few of my Ismaili friends said they could get it for me if i gave them some more information

Namjap,

Please don't start your anti-Islamic agenda again, I thought you had grown out of that. Can a Leopard change it's spots?

It's unfair to relate the crooked Saudi blood money heirarchy to the Koran, the Sura you have quoted does not equate to this.

Don't use these discussions to get "your" anti-Muslim digs in.

Namjap,

Please don't start your anti-Islamic agenda again, I thought you had grown out of that. Can a Leopard change it's spots?

It's unfair to relate the crooked Saudi blood money heirarchy to the Koran, the Sura you have quoted does not equate to this.

Don't use these discussions to get "your" anti-Muslim digs in.

On the architecture front, another place with very similar architecture is Braj Mandal, where I spent a fair bit of time recently; mathura, govardhan, vrindavan and gokul.

The similarity extends beyond commonalities in architectural design but also with regards to its context...the location of braj was only located geographically by the six gosvamis of Chaitanya's bhakti movement in the 15th century. The emphasis was placed entirely upon the natural features of the region, its rocks, ponds, woods, etc. Because of its link to Krishna's lifetime, the temple is built in response to the kund or sarovar, with a parikarma and ghats for ishnan (since it functions as a tirath). The similarity then is that importance is placed upon the location and the structure designed in response to it. Although none have the causeway going into the sarovar, examples such as Kusum Sarovar from the 18th century have the same protruding walkway built on a series of arches into the sarovar at points. The use of moghul style architectural design in a number of places around Maanas ganga and Radha Kund is because they were comissioned by hindu rajasthani maharajas. A number of shared architectural designs are found here too. Compare the design of Sril Rup Gosvami's samadh -

http://www.flickr.com/photos/soniapundik/378823334

...with the central dome design of Sri Darbar Sahib;

http://www.flickr.com/photos/skbnerd/337702894

And here's Kusum Sarovar;

http://www.collectbritain.com/mediastore/0...0%5BSVC1%5D.JPG

• 4 months later...

I guess that raping Muslim women during partition was an act of chivalry on your people's part right?

You do realise that Shi'as get persecuted in Saudi Arabia and that anyone who kills a Shi'a there is told he'll go to heaven.

You people are so pig ignorant...debating with you is like debating with a retard...

Get yourself an education my friend and understand that atrocities were committed on both sides. Far from the Muslims being the only victims, they were the ones that started the whole episode of violence. It's rich you complaining on behalf of Muslims, a bit like if the Nazis complained about the bombing of Dresden by the RAF even though they had been the ones to hit civilian targets during the battle of britain earlier.

So what if Shias can be killed in Saudi Arabia, that's between Muslims and if they think killing a fellow Muslim gives them access to heaven then this just shows what kind of people Muslims are.

The Jathas did more for the Sikhs at that time and had it not been for those people not only would Sikhs have had to leave West Punjab due to Muslim violence but Muslims would have stayed behind in East Punjab and there would have been no place to rehabiliate Sikh refugees in East Punjab. Muslims in East Punjab would have remained 20-30% of the population (with all the problems that Muslims create) and Sikhs would have been spread out all over India and would not have been a majority in anyplace.

Parnaam San Santali de Jathiyan Nu!

• 3 weeks later...
  • 6 months later...

im really sirprised by javanmard assertion of the raping of muslim women. would this make raping of non-muslim women a lesser crime?

anyhow the muslim league started large-scale violence against non-muslims way back in 1946. even b4 that there was violence against non-muslims in the western parts of panjab.

also what about the violence of rawalpindi in march 1947?

I guess that cutting breasts of sikh women was an act of chivalry on muslim people's part right?

i know that Sikhs committed many exceses on the muslims. but what is absurd is that the muslims were the innocent community in this violence with all the violence and murder they committed way before a sikh even drew his kirpan.

• 10 years later...

You can hide or misrepresent historical account but not the rites and rituals. Most of the practice, path, reciting bani during path, giving shabd and concepts of satguru all are Ismaili concepts. This concepts are common where there were Ismaili dai or hujas. Check online for pirana, ramdevpir, parab vavdi and you will surprise the similarities between this sects and Ismaili practice