What is maha parlao?

I understand parloa is when universe is destoryed, another yug cycle starts, but what is maha parloa? is it complete destruction like all the 25 pakrtiya's/5 tats merging into one another like in this sequence- earth merges into water, water into fire, fire into air, then air into sky(mita akash- sun/void) ???????????

tsingh please help my veer :D

Mahapralay is as you have put it, TOTAL Annihilation, Mahapralay will occur when Bhrama has lived his entire life span (according to hinduism) at the end of bhrama ji's day we get pralay, ie end of a Yug. when Bhrama Ji goes to sleep everything goes haywire i.e. pralay!

So the day when Bhrama goes back into parabhram we will get Mahapralay ie the end of the universe.

Only Mahakaal knows when and what he wants to when Mahakaal ji destroys the universe!

Maha Parlo or complete annhilation occurs not on the death of brahma as brother Kharag Singh said.

When the four jugs are complete the time span passed for Brahma is a day and a night, this is his sort of 24 hours (i hope Jack bauer never plays Brahma, the series would take for ever) when Brahma eventually dies he takes with him what he has creation but that is it, the basic elements remain such as some planets and galaxies not affected by the death of that specific brahma. Then God as he always does places another Brahma in place of the previous who starts his creation again in the way God wills him o do on this occaision.

Maha Parlo is when Mahadev (Shiva) dies. Shiva has got the longest life out of all of the demi gods created. for every one shiva there are numerous brahmas and for each brahma there are numerous vishnus. When under the will of the divine Onkar the life of Shiva comes to an end there is total death and destruction of all created and in existance until the Lord replaces him and it all starts again. When Shiva dies all the Surs and Asurs are destroyed along with all the khand, brahmand, patal, akaash, nark and swarg.

Guru Gobind Singh Ji states Ik Shiv Bhai Ik Gai fir Ik Hai (knowing my lack of buddhi that quote is wrong)

This is all mentioned in one of Sant Waryam Singh Ji's books and during a couple of their wonderful divans. Neo please give me some time i will try to find the exact book and divans for you

no no no im npt disputing what you have said, its just that shiv is supposed to live regardless pralay as he is the cause of pralay and therefore cannot be destroyed. As regards to Mahapralay it will only come when bhrama dies as he is the creator, now if he was to be replaced many many times then the concept of pralay would seem senseless because if pralay was to occur when bhrama goes to sleep (which is true because manu had to be towed by mach avtar while pralay occured during bhrama jis sleep) then what would happen when bhrama died?

if pralay is the cause of bhramas sleeping then surly mahapralay is a result of bhramas death.

'brahmaa' and his 'death' is not to be taken quite so literally, remember that brahmaa, bishan and mahesh are the consequence of the ishvar form of parmatma. When they are all soaked back into parmatma (mahaparlay) they don't cease to exist in principle, merely the manifestation has ceased to exist...the traditional way to think of this is of a spider and its web, which is different yet non-different from the spider, which is then eaten up again by the spider (do they do that I don;t know)!

In total, there are 4 types of Pralayas:

1. NITYA PRALAYA : This takes place every moment, when the atoms that compose the various forms in the universe unite and disperse. e.g Birth and Death of animals, humans etc.

2. NAIMITTIKA PRALAYA : This takes place during Brahma's night in which the three worlds (Bhuh, Bhuvah and Suvah) continue to exist but are made uninhabitable. The souls of individuals also continue to exist to be reincarnated in the next daytime of Brahma. During that period Brahma holds within himself all the beings of the material and the celestial worlds in a suspended state and sleeps.

3. PRAKRITA PRALAYA : It takes place when Brahma completes his 100 years of life span. It is the change of the universe from its present to a latent condition and its dissolution in unmanifested nature, in which no evolution can take place until the dawn of a new manvantara. In this condition of dissolution, the Jivas remaining unliberated lie in a dormant state and get manifested again in the next creation.

4. ATYANTIK PRALAYA : All forms, space, Maya, and time are absorbed into God and God alone remains. All 5 elements merged as follows: Earth->Water->Fire->Air->Sky->Maya->GOD/WAHEGURU. Anyone who actually merges with GOD can be said to be blessed with ATYANTIK kalyan because there is NO coming back to anything once merged with GOD.

Now, some of the mathematics is as follows:

The time of each yug is as follows:

Satya-yuga: 1,728,000 human/solar years OR 4,800 demigod years OR 4 charanas.

Treta-yuga: 1,296,000 human/solar years OR 3,600 demigod years OR 3 charanas.

Dvapara-yuga: 864,000 human/solar years OR 2,400 demigod years OR 2 charanas.

Kali-yuga: 432,000 human/solar years OR 1,200 demigod years OR 1 charanas.

1 cycle of 4 yugs = 1 Mahayug

1 day of Brahma = 1 Kalpa = 1000 Mahayugs = Life span of other devtas = 12,000 years of Devas = 14 manvantara periods each one lasting 71 Mahayugs

A day of Brahma equals

(14 times 71 mahayugas) + (15 x 4 Charanas)

= 994 mahayugas + (60 Charanas)

= 994 mahayugas + (6 x 10) Charanas

= 994 mahayugas + 6 mahayugas

= 1000 mahayugas

Brahma Life span = 100 Brahma years = 311 trillion and 40 billion human years

One interesting fact is that:

1 human year = 1 day of Demigods (6 months day and 6 months night)

When the sun is in the southern side of the universe (summer in the Southern Hemisphere), the demons have day and demigods have night, and vice versa when the sun is in the Northern Hemisphere.

During our one human year, the devtas sleep for 6 months and danav wakes for that 6 months, and during the 6 months when devtas wake - denav sleeps.

The above might explain why some very old people say that good deeds done in particular month carry more fal/fruit/reward as compared to other months. Same thing as in taking bath during Amrit vela has more importance than during day.

According to Puranic accounts, we are now in the twenty-eight yuga cycle of the seventh manvatara period of the present day of Brahma. Brahma is in 51st year of his life span.

One more thing is that first 10,000 years of Kaliyug has increased Bhagti Influence. This is mentioned in mentioned in "Brahma Vaivarta Puran".

Sant Baba Isher Singh Ji also mentioned that after some years of Kaliyug, all the tiraths of this world will cease to function, which mean they will NO longer provide good to visitors because the devtas providing the good will abandom the tiraths.

Babaji has also confirmed that the current life of Kaliyug is around 5000 years.

bhul chuk de maffi

das

These things are mentioned in Vedas and Sant Baba Isher Singh Ji's deewans.

For further information:

1. Listen to all available Sant Baba Isher Singh Ji's deewans. Babaji used to tell many of these things in their deewans. There are lot many many deewans of Babaji which do NOT have print/audio/video copies.

Most of these things can be found in Guru Granth Sahib Ji, we only need to understand with the help of Puran Sant. Puran Sant can explain the actual meanings of all tuks as well as the place, situation, time under which each tuk is created.

2. How Universe was created: http://www.bharatadesam.com/spiritual/vishnu_purana.php

3. http://veda.harekrsna.cz/encyclopedia/

4. http://www.encyclopediaofauthentichinduism.org/articles.htm

But be aware that modern scholars of vedas explain the vedas in very different form as our modern day scholars explain Guru Granth Sahib Ji.

das

Das ji,

If one day, provided you have time, you could make a post letting us know some of the gems you've learned from Baba Isher Singh ji's deevans, we would all greatly appreciate the seva. Doesn't need to be word for word or anything, just throw us some scraps even...

The real question guys, when do I matha teyk at a pilmagrage to win the EURO-millions....you see, once I get rich...I can afford to spend my time on this forum without feeling guilty

and I can drive a nice aston martin, say I'm all for greenpeace and just say I'm humble when I do the big vaisaakhi ardaas for 1000001 pounds

because Im das!

• 10 years later...
  • 1 year later...

Just my 2 cents, to understand what Mahaparlay is,  let us see how the creation is divided.

There are several levels of consciousness, or planes, or regions so to say.

The lowest is this material creation, above it is the astral region,  and above that is the causal region. It is called causal, becuase it is there where all our store karma gets accumulated. This is the region, from where all the incarnations with their abodes/heavens; prophets, and some highly eveolved spiritual beings come to our level, with a particular of keeping this mayavee creation going on.

This region is also known as Brahm,  for  maya is still very much present there. Which has nothing to do with the god Brahma.

After that comes, Parbrahm region, much purer than the regions mentioned above, yet it is not pure spiritual, there is utter darkness, so much that it is known as Maha Sunn.

This can only be crossed in the company of Shabad Guru, for, Shabad Guru only, has the Jot to pierce that utter darkness. 

At the end of Maha Sunn, is the end of the perishable creation.

After Maha Sunn, comes Sach Khand, the region of eternity, immortality, purity and Supreme Truth/Satnam. 

It is from this region, from where Akal Purukh descends, not as any incarnations or any gods of any trinity, but only, as Guru Sahiban, Gurmukhs, Sant Jan and Bhagat Jan, for the only purpose of, giving us jeevas their bountiful love and unlimited mercy, and to reveal us the mysteries  about the Supreme Truth, Waheguru, as Nam or Shabad, for they are the very manisfestation of Him, at our level.

Had He not come so, we by ourselves, could never ever reach Him, for we would be very much astrayed in rituals, gods, idol worship...... manmat

In this respect, the Bani clearly tells us: Mat koe barahm bhoolay sansaar, bin Satgur, koe na utraas paar.

Let us have  a look around ourselves, and see how many  from the whole creation know about Waheguru ?

How many then, implicitly follow instructions from the Bani in devoting themselves to Waheguru, in order to realize Him, and merge in Him?

As sikhs, our goal should be only Waheguru Akal Purukh, for in Him alone lies our true welfare,  for only by devoting ourselves to Him, we  get throughly cleansed/purified from all the filth of our sins/karmas, obtain liberation from the wheel of 84, and only then become fit and worthy to merge and become one with Him.

Waheguru is IK, one only.

In Him, there is no trinity, no variety, no forms such at turtle, no half man-half lion , no sizes, no duality, or any companion such as shakti.....nothing of that sort...that is all maya, and I am so sorry, that inspite of the incomparable magnificence and Infinity of Waheguru, many many of our sikh brothers and sisters, get impressed by the  powers and forms of those incarnations, thus mistakenly believe that those forms are of Waheguru, which is not true at all ....

To see the differences between all these mayavee forms and our beloved Guru Sahiban, we have to pay careful attention to the Bani, not as parrots, but as real sikhs by drinking the Amrit in each Sat Bachan  from it.

Then only we can see, that Gurmat gives only importance to His Saacha Nao, Nam, or Shabad, nothing else, nothing more apart from it... 

As the Bani says: Jug chaaray Nam outam, shabd veechar. Througout all yugas, Gurmat gives only importance to the One and only Truth, Nam, that is it. 

Apart from  one Him and His Nam, all else is undoubtedly Maya.

It is a real pity, that even after having the highest teachings through Gurbani, we keep looking here and there and get  confused.... maybe the reason for that, is we do not put into practice, what we are repeatedly told  in the Bani  as seen in the following sat bachan of Guru Jee:

Har Naam Bisaariaa, Bahu Karam Dhrirraaeae 
They forget the Lord's Name, and in its place, they establish all sorts of rituals(practices)
Bhavajal Ddoobae Dhoojai Bhaaeae 
They drown in the terrifying world-ocean, in the love of duality.
Raag Gauri, Sree Guru Amar Das Maharaj.

Stay blessed.

SSA.

• 4 months later...
  • 10 months later...
  • 3 months later...