Should Sikh vocabulary decrease?

On a forum I read these sentences.

"There is no need for Brahma, the god of generation; Vishnu, the god of operations; or Shiva, the god of destruction. According to Guru Nanak all these operation happen according to Hukam."

"I do not see why these names from an other religion are to be made a part of vocabulary of the Sikh religion especially, when these three functions are already included in the Hukam."

Do you also feel that they should reduce vocabulary of Sikh religion?

Balbir Singh

I think what it comes down to is how Sikh children are taught at an early age. All those gurmat camps and retreats that parents force their kids to go to just stuff the 'this is bahmanvaad, Sikhs don't do that, rituals are bad" propoganda down their throats. Having never understood gurbani nor having ever learned from Mahaprukhs, the kids internalize this and thus when they first start trying to learn about Sikhi they are shocked. They never imagined so many references to devtae€, they never thought that Sikhi is beyond socially constructed rules, etc.

I think as the people that made the above comments learn about sikhi their thinking will start to transform by itself.

"I do not see why these names from an other religion are to be made a part of vocabulary of the Sikh religion especially, when these three functions are already included in the Hukam."

That is an incredibly stupid assertion. Perhaps the author is unaware of an 'obscure' Sikh canon called 'Sri Guru Granth Sahib' or 'Adi Granth'?