Baba Sarbjot SIngh Ji Bedi

Kam1825

Three quick photos from the Ajooni Magazine of the tilak of the bedi gaddi to Baba Sarbjot Singh Ji Bedi on the 22nd of March 1989. Again apologies for the clarity of the photos which were in the black and white magazine.

Baba Sarbjot Singh Ji Bedi befroe the tilak ceremony

babasarbjotsinghjifi9.th.jpg

Tilak being applied to Baba Sarbjot SIngh Ji Bedi by Sachkhand Wasi Mahamandleshwar Sri Maan Sant Ishar Das Ji Udasi.

babasarbjotsinghjitilaklo1.th.jpg

Dastaar Bandi of Baba Sarbjot Singh Ji Bedi by Mahant Tirath SIngh Ji Sewapanthi

babasabjotsinghgivengadzr6.th.jpg

more photos to come when i get a chance

Mahamandaleshvar Mahant Ishar Das Ji Maharaj was a great mahapurush (he was one of those whose presence made you feel a huge sense of awe) and a great vidvan. Mahamandaleshvar Swami Shantanand Udasin, his shish and successor as Mahant is likewise incredibly well learned, speaking perfect english too. They have a few centres outside of Gopal Nagar in Jalandhar, including Delhi (one Udasi from there came overseas doing katha called Sant Avinash Singh a few years back). A measure of this was that when I met with the Sri Mahant of Bada Udasin Panchayti Akhara in Kankhal he explained that while Swami Shantanand Ji is from Nyaya Udasin Akhara, they have huge respect for his learning.

Mahamandaleshvar Mahant Ishar Das Ji Maharaj was a great mahapurush (he was one of those whose presence made you feel a huge sense of awe) and a great vidvan. Mahamandaleshvar Swami Shantanand Udasin, his shish and successor as Mahant is likewise incredibly well learned, speaking perfect english too. They have a few centres outside of Gopal Nagar in Jalandhar, including Delhi (one Udasi from there came overseas doing katha called Sant Avinash Singh a few years back). A measure of this was that when I met with the Sri Mahant of Bada Udasin Panchayti Akhara in Kankhal he explained that while Swami Shantanand Ji is from Nyaya Udasin Akhara, they have huge respect for his learning.

with all due respect for the present Udasi Mahant of Baba Ishar Das' dera at Jalandhar, I didnt get the impression that he was as you make out above (bolded up).

I had a q+a type meeting wiv him , and he just talked the same old stuff that the satani sikhs talk about. He didnt speak one word of english to me. He didnt make any impression on my thinking about udasis. It was the fisrt time I had been to an udasi dera, and i had begged my hosts for many weeks to take me. I dont think that i'll go again. Maybe to sangalwara just to see what its like, but nothing else.

chatanga

Wahey, Vijaydeep Singh ji is back! Did you take amrit from Budha Dal, and what have you been upto over the last year babaji?

Chatanga, trust me, there is a finely honed art in talking to samprda Sants and Mahants. If they don't know who you are, and you start asking questions...not always, but they'll often do the cha cha thing. If you pep them up first with a lot of nimrita and explain your links and the things you've read, show that you have a bit of gyaan, things change. I know for a fact that he finds historical things a bit frivilous and prefers adhyatamic discussion (he is very learned on that front). If you got nothing out of Swami Shantanand Ji, then I can guarantee you won't get a word out of Mahant Anantanand Ji at Sangalwara!

Gurfateh

on the Amavsaya of 17feb 2007 das was rename das Nihung Gurvinder Singh at Talwandi Sabo ki After Baptism.

Das took baptism with Chautha Paur and let his caste be writtan as Ramdasiya.

Inspite of the fact that Gurudev Singh(one who gets person baptised) telling das to come and sit with Jamindar Singhs.

Anyway for last six months or so das was and still is busy to let some discrination with Chautha Paur be over and met with partial success in convonsing a new way.(das has post about it at another forum and once it is finshed so will be posted).Another thing das is fighting for is to let Budhadal start baptism Muslims,Christians etc.

(soory for going off the topic so dear n30 Singh kindly make a new thhread of it).Th way Satan talked to God in book of Job after God asked him where he has been ,das will answer more things to Bhai Tirath Singh Ji on that thread.Das is also with Rashtriya Sikh Sangat since april 2007 .

Gurfateh

Similarityies

1.Both have faith in Dashma Granth Sahib.

2.both are Anti missioanaries and fake Akalis.

Dissimarities

1.RSS talks more then to do anything.

2.RSS is oppsed at least overtly for caste,homosexuality and use of drugs.(other then Caste das finds nothing in Nihungs which makes das uneasy inspite of the fact that das himself does not use drugs or Panjratani or Mudavan Ghat but can tolrate them in Nihungs).

3.RSS may try to paint Gurus as Sagun Worshippers but Niuhngsd are strong Nirguna worshippers.

4.RSS may mis interpret Gurbani.

So das is RSS guys to check this and test waters.S. Chiranjeev Singh Ji has told das that they want Hindus to follow Sikhi.Das will test it.Das has seen many Sikhs in them including Rulda Singh saying the same things.

So das wants to gage it.Other then Budhadal Das wants AKJ and Missioary also having some channels with RSS.

Recent stand of RSS against Succh Sauda is a result of interaction of RSS with Nihungs and Sanatan Sikhs.But there are Anti Gurmat forces within RSS which do bring obstcle in the way of Rashtriya Sikh Sangat.

So a prtesure gruop of Sikhs witin RSS is ready.But we have to be catious.

• 2 weeks later...