Who is the Guru of Guru Naanak Dev Jee?

Pray Truth for all and say Satsriakal!

Dear all!

Guru Naanak Dev Jee is singing.

ਮੈ ਆਪਣਾ ਗੁਰੁ ਪੂਛਿ ਦੇਖਿਆ ਅਵਰੁ ਨਾਹੀ ਥਾਉ ॥੧॥ ਰਹਾਉ ॥

मै आपणा गुरु पूछि देखिआ अवरु नाही थाउ ॥१॥ रहाउ ॥

Mai āpṇā gur pūcẖẖ ḏėkẖi­ā avar nāhī thā­o. ||1|| rahā­o. SGGS Ang 14-4

I asked my Guru and saw no other place.

Can someone please explain who is the Guru of Guru Naanak Dev Jee He is referring in this Vaak? I will be grateful.

Balbir Singh

Waheguru Ji ka Khalsa, Waheguru Ji ke Fateh,

The Guru of Guru Nanak Dev Ji is Nirankar HIMSELF. And at the same time Guru Nanak Dev Ji is Nirankar HIMSELF.

Read/Listen to know about How, When, and Why there is a need for Nirankar in Guru Nanak Dev Ji roop to have Guru in form of Nirankar.

Guru Nanak Dev Ji went to take isnan in Vayen nadi and did not come out after 3rd chube in river. Guru Ji came out of that river after 3 days. During that time Guru Nanak Dev Ji went to Sachkhand.

In Sachkhand Nirankar (which is Guru Nanak Dev Ji) asked Guru Nanak Dev Ji that HE sent Guru Nanak Dev Ji to earth for "Naam Japaon" vaste, but Guru Nanak Dev Ji has not started this till now. At this Guru Nanak Dev Ji replied that: Maat Lok de marada/rule ha ke Without Gurmukh updesh karan de authority nahi ha. All the avatars till now do have Guru and I do not want to break that. Due to this I am here at Sachkhand and please be my Guru and do updesh me. At this Nirankar said I am your Guru and uterred Mool-Mantar (till Gurparshad) to Guru Nanak Dev Ji and at the same place Guru Nanak Dev Ji ne Sodar de pauri ve uchari.

After returning from Sachkhand or say coming out of river, Guru Nanak Dev Ji starting 4 udasis* for the welfare of man-kind.

Actually, there are various other things: what happened inside Sachkhand and how Guru of Guru Nanak Dev Ji is Nirankar and Nirankar is Guru Nanak Dev Ji. Kindly listen to Sant Baba Isher Singh Ji da deewan from following link. Sant Baba Isher Singh Ji has explained this in detail.

These kind of things could not be find in books or granths. Only Sant/Brahmgyanis can explain all this becuase they are ONE with ONE. So, I request you all to invest 1.30 hour to listen this deewan..........lots of information.

Sri Guru Nanak Dev Ji da Sachkhand Jana

http://www.gurmatveechar.org/audio/katha/0...hkhand.Jana.mp3

If you don't agree with this, then instead of saying bad to Sant/Mahatma, say Waheguru and don't post anything bad.

Udasis: Guru Nanak Dev Ji travelled to 4 directions at 4 different times and these are called Udasis. Thus Guru Nanak Dev Ji went on 4 udasis.

bhul chuk de mafi

das

Dear all!

The answer from Amrik$ingh Jee is "Vaheguru Ji."

Guru Naanak Dev Jee called His Guru Paar-Brahma, Paramaysar etc. I do not know where He called His Guru Vaheguru.

Quote from Das Jee "Guru Nanak Dev Ji went to take isnan in Vayen nadi and did not come out after 3rd chube in river. Guru Ji came out of that river after 3 days. During that time Guru Nanak Dev Ji went to Sachkhand."

I cannot imagine that Sachkhand is available in a river. Please explain it. How can a person get Sachkhand who cannot swim or who lives far away from a river?

Quote "If you don't agree with this, then instead of saying bad to Sant/Mahatma, say Waheguru and don't post anything bad."

I feel only love and praise for the true Gurus, saints and Mahaatmaas. Sometimes I am in wonder watching God playing in ignorant too.

Balbir Singh

Dear all and Kam1825 Jee!

Quote "How about you read the steeks of Gurbani available"

Please provide the number of Sateeks and its sizes too that may help meeting God. Does any Sateek also explain, like the Guru's words, that reading books is wasting life?

Quote "I cant even believe you posted such a silly question"

I do not know how others are squandering their human life?

Quote from Xylitol Jee "Balbir Singh, those are just different names for God."

Thanks. Please clear it also. What is that particular name the Guru is suggesting in this Vaak? I will be thankful.

Balbir Singh

Guru Naanak Dev Jee called His Guru Paar-Brahma, Paramaysar etc. I do not know where He called His Guru Vaheguru.

Well Guru is Paramaysar, Paar-Brahma, Allah, Ram, Hari etc. Thats why Guru is VaheGuru.

I cannot imagine that Sachkhand is available in a river. Please explain it. How can a person get Sachkhand who cannot swim or who lives far away from a river?

Sachkhand is the ocean itself, I would love to swim in the rivers of Sachkhand wouldn't you?

Dear all, RupZ Jee and Amrik$ingh Jee!

Please let all know when you come out of the river or ocean. We can continue with the Satsang.

I find this Vaak from Gurdev just wonderful.

ਮੈ ਆਪਣਾ ਗੁਰੁ ਪੂਛਿ ਦੇਖਿਆ ਅਵਰੁ ਨਾਹੀ ਥਾਉ ॥੧॥ ਰਹਾਉ ॥

मै आपणा गुरु पूछि देखिआ अवरु नाही थाउ ॥१॥ रहाउ ॥

Mai āpṇā gur pūcẖẖ ḏėkẖi­ā avar nāhī thā­o. ||1|| rahā­o. SGGS Ang 14-4

I asked my Guru and saw no other place.

I would enjoy knowing what is that place (Thaa-o) Guru Naanak Dev jee is asking His Guru about.

Can someone extend the explanation? Has someone ever heard anybody talking about it?

Balbir Singh

"Asking" is not asking to ask is duality "asking" is grace from the Guru the result of "asking" is knowledge of the place of no others. This place cannot be known without "asking" for the guru's grace.

Asking is spiritual exertion on the individuals part to clear up what is not god to allow the place of no others to become manifest everyday. The place is the meeting of the beloved where the seeker and beloved embrace and dissolve in primordial unity. The place of no others is overlaid the incorporeal material world in millions of stages leading to avar nahi thao. Through "asking" the sikh uncovers the grace of the Guru more and more until the final meeting at avar nahi thao.

Dear all and Mekhane'ch Jannat Jee!

Thanks for your post.

Quote "'Asking' is not asking to ask is duality 'asking' is grace from the Guru the result of 'asking' is knowledge of the place of no others."

Gurdev's Vaak begins with 'I" (Mai)? Why does this not represent duality? Please explain.

According to your understanding 'asking' is knowledge. Should Sikhs better ask than do NAM Simran?

Quote "Through 'asking' the sikh uncovers the grace of the Guru more and more until the final meeting at avar nahi thao."

Is 'asking' a kind of NAM Simran?

Balbir Singh

It is duality you are right, what i meant is it is not normal asking. It is less of a duality than normal asking. It is an asking that is a movement towards the place. An asking that is a movement towards unity that must culminate in the place of no others.

I said the result asking is knowledge of the place the result of asking is brahmgyaan. Asking I interpreted as spiritual exertion, which is naam simran. As I wrote before the negating of what is not god this for me is naam simran.

Also I previously forget the word dekhia which must mean Guru Nanak witnesses the place so there is no extinction. Extinction is witnessed and negated. This word takes us beyond the beyond of the beyond.

Thanks for your good post.

Quote "Asking I interpreted as spiritual exertion, which is naam simran."

The Guru's Vaak would mean 'I exerted my own Guru spiritually and saw. There is no other place'. Is this correct?

Quote "As I wrote before the negating of what is not god this for me is naam simran."

How does one negate of what is not God? Does he already know God before he starts negating? Please clear it.

Balbir Singh

The Guru's Vaak would mean 'I exerted my own Guru spiritually and saw. There is no other place'. Is this correct?

For us there is spiritual extertion which is a form of grace a lower form of grace. For Baba Nanak there was no exertion as Baba Nanak received the highest form of grace where minute effort is required. All asking is towards him, he is pulling us, some he pulls hard some softly, depending on the persons spiritual strength/capacity.

How does one negate of what is not God? Does he already know God before he starts negating? Please clear it.

God is not known cannot be known but what God is not is the known. But the known is sticky it sticks, to clear the known I must ask the unknown. First I negate the known the sub-known becomes negated by the unknown without any effort, only the effort to stay in the state of sub-known to become clear. After this I don't know

Sorry to go on, but to start to negate cannot be done without his grace. Man does not know where to start Only through his pull is negation allowed, the more negation the "higher" the perspective and the more the person becomes qualified to be a true teacher of God. The perspective becomes "higher" with regard to things the more his pulled out, through negation. ONly these people have the right to teach.

Thanks for a good post. Spiritual intensity of Satsangs is different in your company.

Quote "For us there is spiritual extertion which is a form of grace a lower form of grace. For Baba Nanak there was no exertion as Baba Nanak received the highest form of grace where minute effort is required."

May I ask if receiving the highest form of Grace is possible for a so-called Sikh? Perhaps someone can explain how a person comes to different grades of God's Grace. Is the Grace of God different on people but HIS WILL the Same?

Quote "God is not known cannot be known but what God is not is the known."

The Gurus say that all is God also that is known.

Quote "But the known is sticky it sticks, to clear the known I must ask the unknown."

Please explain how does it really works. I see almost everybody asking the unknown though.

Quote "Sorry to go on, but to start to negate cannot be done without his grace. Man does not know where to start Only through his pull is negation allowed, the more negation the "higher" the perspective and the more the person becomes qualified to be a true teacher of God. The perspective becomes "higher" with regard to things the more his pulled out, through negation. ONly these people have the right to teach."

I feel the true Guru does not teach. In His presence one learns. God's Grace flows through the true Guru.

Balbir Singh