Mian Mir

Matheen

Fateh!

I need some info on Mian Mir (who laid the foundation stone at Harimandir Sahib). Does anyone know why Maharaj chose him? their relationship? where he came from? what happened to him? etc.

The web sites I checked don't help.....

Thanks!

surprised that the link above makes no mention of their Relation with Guru Arjun Dev ji

Some do, many don't - I learned quite a bit from http://www.mianmir.com and www.info-sikh.com The first site mentions Guru ji as 'Sahib Guru Arjan Dev Ji Maharaj' but isn't written by a Sikh, which shows that his followers have quite some respect for Maharaj.

There's fascinating stuff at http://www.info-sikh.com/PageDesc.html They still have Maharaj Ji's Mala and Hukamnama!!

Wonder what the Hukamnama says?!

I have heard another theory that says that mian mir was called to darbar sahib that day and he witnessed guru arjan dev ji laying down the stone. I remember some of the tapoban singhs mentioning it and then later paushara singh mentioned it in his book

I have heard another theory that says that mian mir was called to darbar sahib that day and he witnessed guru arjan dev ji laying down the stone. I remember some of the tapoban singhs mentioning it and then later paushara singh mentioned it in his book

I have yet to hear one consistent Historical fact. It seems every event has atleast few version of it.