Sikh Youth Camp 2007

Sikh Youth Camp 2007

'Be inspired by your roots'

Sikh Youth Camp on the 6th and 7th October 2007 @

Guru Nanak Gurdwara, Well Lane, Wednesfield, WV11 1XT

Activities include Paintballing, Bouncy Castle, Sports along with Kirtan, Paath and Tabla Competitons

Ages 7+ - Adults welcome to attend.

This years theme will be:- Battle (Mind , Body and Soul)

Sewadaars and Group Leaders urgently needed!!

Application packs available online (email) or from various Gurdwara Sahibs around the Wednesfield, Walsall, Wolverhampton and Willenhall area, contact Gurinder Singh or email for more information.

sikhyouthcamp@hotmail.co.uk

shaheediyan, im sorry, but i have really very little input into the whole thing. i only knew a camp was hapnin when i read the poster. On the camp years ago, Harjinder Singh Lallie came down and that was my first ever experience of Raag Kirtan, and from then i was hooked.

I simply do not have the jeevan or vidya or arrange or represent kirtan. However i hope that the organisers have arranged something.

They will probably be teaching....'Oh dont take your kasehra off or you'll break your Amrit'....haha

what's so funny? - I would agree with them.....

some of the comments reek of incredible arrogance....they might not be perfect, but how the heck do you know what they're going to teach?! Many people learn a lot from these events, and it takes a lot of time, money and manpower to organise camps etc.

Good luck to them, and hope the camp is Chardi Kala.

In all honesty, I don't think any camp would say please keep your kashera on it will break rehit unless there was some hanky panky going on, and I take back my originial comment. I will not hold mine on the same day. I wish the organizers and all those who are introducing and encouraging others to find some kind of footing in sikhi...all the best!

Fateh, this is a simple camp started by people who wanted to do a little something for the local kids in the area. Its 2 days of talks, activities, sports and hopefully fun for everyone. It’s a small effort on the part of locals to get kids together which in the past has had up to 200 kids take part.

We don’t plan on telling anyone ‘Oh dont take your kasehra off or you'll break your Amrit’ so sorry to disappoint you :P

The ‘Paath Competition’ is based upon any child who wants to take part reading some Bani they feel they can recite and encouraging them to build on what they know and awarding them for their participation. The same goes for the Kirtan and Tabla competitions, its to further encourage those who can and hopefully inspire others to start.

Anyway, please send kids along to take part, hopefully we’ll all go home after 2 days having learnt something to better our lives.

Ps, we tried to get some Raag Kirtanee’s to come down but they can’t make it that weekend, maybe we’ll be luckier next time.

you was getting close to breaking your rehat by getting your kashera into a twist. That worried me. Now the camp organisers wiv the kirpa of Akal have clearly expressed their intentions, so I'm hoping that you would be relieved, and you wouldnt get your kashera into a twist, therefore not breaking your rehat, and avoiding having to go pesh.

I was worried about you, but now im not.