Sanjha Akhand Keertan Smagam 2007 - UK!

Aye Mil Gursikh Aye Mil, Tun Mere Guru Ke Pyare

Waheguru Ji Ka Khalsa, Waheguru Ji Ki Fateh,

Khalsa Jio,

With Maharaj Ji's blessings, the 2007 Sanjha Akhand Keertan Smagam will be held in Birmingham on Saturday 20th October 2007 to coincide with the 299th Gurgaddi Divas of Sahib Sri Guru Granth Sahib Ji.

Address of venue:

Nishkam Educational & Cultural Centre (NECC)

Great King street

Hockley

Birmingham

West Midlands

B19 3AS

Supporting Organisations:

Guru Nanak Nishkam Sewak Jatha

Akhand Kirtani Jatha UK

Damdami Taksal UK

Nanaksar Sampardai

Nihang Singh Jathebandia

Keertania invited from all jathe.

Beetle Juice,

The advert clearly says "Sanjha", kindly try not be so disrespectful, lest you become more fanatical and bigoted than those you attack.

The event is most likely the same colloboration that occured last year at the Akhand Jaap event at GNNSJ Gurdwara at Soho Rd last year, which I went to and participated in.

It was amazing to see all Guru's roop and rang in Guru Maharajs holy Darbaar, and everyone being tolerant and respectful towards one another.

I would advise you to go to this event, and maybe even participate by singing Guru's praises "correctly" rather than spreading more useless hatred.

FYI, AKJ is split on opinion regarding Mohinder Singh SDO idolisers - i.e. pop kirtan and Gurmantar simran in sangat, and Bhai Randhir Singh Ji's

personal simran (done in Guru's company only) and sadhian reetan kirtan.

Please try not to stereotype.

In my opinion, one shouldn't criticise others unless they have something positive to offer alongside - like I said, come to the event and show the "AKJrs" how to perform classical kirtan - which in anycase, is just as bad as pop kirtan, if not worse.

Also, you have no need to call a whole generation of Sikhs a bunch of kuthai. Irrelevant of their differences and interpretations, there are devoted Singhs/Singhnian amongst them, even though unfortunately, their are fanatics also - same as any other Sikh group.

Have some fear of Sat-Guru, and try not be a monomaniacal bigot.

• 3 weeks later...