15 Days With Sant Baba Maan Singh (DAY 14)

Day 14 : Drink Amrit, Live Forever - part D

Khalsa jee, without amrit no one is going to be successful. Lets reach the soil of Anandpur, the City of Joy. Mata Gujree jee humbly pressed her palms together and asked Guru Gobind Singh jee, "Son is there anyway I could be blessed with the sight of a Brahm-gianee, a Knower-of God!" Sangat jee, no matter how famous or spiritual a person is, even if he is a Brahm-gianee, he will have to receive amrit.

Guru jee replied, "Mata jee get up at amrit-vela, get ready, meditate on Guru Nanak jee, prepare prashad and do Ardas. A Brahm-gianee will come to you, you will not have to go anywhere." At that time Brahm-gianee Baba Ram Kaur jee was engrossed in God?s Name and instantly knew that he had to meet Mata Gujree jee. He got on his horse and came to Mata jee?s house. With pressed palms she said, "I am greatly blessed, greatly blessed to have the holy sight of you Brahm-gianee jee." She respected him greatly. Baba Ram Kaur jee went to have the sacred vision of Guru Gobind Singh jee the next day. Guru Gobind Singh jee greeted him and said, "Baba Ram Kaur jee, receive Khanda-batta-da-amrit (amrit prepared in an iron bowl and stirred by the symbol of God?s power the mighty double edged sword) and belong to the Guru." Baba jee was taken aback, he said, "Guru jee, I?ve been blessed with the knowledge of God (Brahm Gian) yet am I still without a Guru? Surely, I don?t need to receive amrit?" Guru jee began to sa

y, "Baba jee, you haven?t received amrit yet, you aren?t living according to the code of conduct of the Guru?s house. When you receive amrit and live by the code of conduct of the Guru?s house then you have become the Guru?s." Baba jee said, "Guru jee, I read God?s Word (Gurbanee) everyday, in Sukmanee Sahib it says that the Brahm-giani is God himself, so what?s the need for me to receive?" Guru jee spent great efforts to make him understand. Some time passed, winter came a great festival was about to begin. The officials of Anandpur were clearing the place of stray and wild dogs. They were feeding the dogs poison. Baba Ram Kaur jee came out and was taken curious about what the officials were doing. He said to them, "Brother, you keep feeding the stray dogs poison, but you leave the ones with collars alone. Why make the distinction? They?re all wandering the streets." The officials said, "O Baba jee, the dogs with collars belong to someone. The ones without collars don?t belong to anyone. We can kill countless stray dogs and no one will object. But, if we kill even one dog with a collar, it?s master will go to the Government court and complain against us. We will be called up and punished. That is the difference, dogs without collars belong to no one, dogs with collars belong to someone."

Baba Ram Kaur jee finally understood what Guru jee was saying about belonging to the Guru. He thought "Ram Kaur, don?t get mislead that just because you have got Brahm-Gian, the knowledge-of-God, that you are safe. You still don?t belong to the Guru."

There are two types of Sikhs: ones that belong to the Guru; and ones that don?t. The ones that receive amrit and live out the Rehat, or code of conduct, belong to the Guru, the ones that don?t will suffer the same fate as the collar-less dogs. At the last breath, Guru Gobind Singh jee will take his Sikhs by the arm, the ones without a Guru will be left to suffer like the collar-less dogs.

"Kabeer kutheh ram ko, motee mera nao_Kabeer says I am a dog of God, and Motee is my name."

Baba Ram Kaur jee couldn?t sleep that night, because he realised he didn?t belong to the Guru. In the morning he went to have the sacred sight, or darshan, of Guru Gobind Singh jee. Joining his hands together he greeted Guru jee and was asked, "Baba jee, I haven?t seen you for some time, what made you remember me today?"

-"Guru jee, bless me with the gift of amrit."

-"Baba Ram Kaur jee, you are a Brahm-gianee, the same as God, what need is there for you to receive amrit?"

-"Yesterday I saw the dog catchers poison the dogs without collars and spare the dogs with collars. I thought both are dogs, but some were spared some were killed. The dog catcher told me that if a dog with a collar is killed then the master will come and make a report against them. O Guru jee that greatly affected my mind, just because I?m a Brahm-gianee it doesn?t mean I don?t need a Guru. I realised the ones who?ve received amrit will be protected by you in the true court. Bless me with amrit Guru jee."

Guru Gobind Singh jee told Bhai Daya Singh jee to prepare for the amrit ceremony. Baba Ram Kaur jee was from the same lineage as Baba Budda jee, he received amrit and became Baba Ram Kaur Singh jee.

Now, Khalsa jee, reach the land of Bitinda, Bhai Dyal Das jee lived here while Guru Gobind Singh jee was travelling through. He was the son of Bhai Bhagtu jee who was born thanks to Guru Ram Das jee?s blessing. Guru jee reached this place. The Sikhs asked Guru jee, "How will the Panth, the Khalsa Nation, stay in high spirits, chardhi kala?" Guru jee said, "Go and get a donkey, cover him in a lionskin, then beat him 4 times and release him near Anandpur. Then as it runs I want you to shout ?Lion! Lion! Lion!"

People were frightened and locked themselves inside, they came to Guru jee and said "Help us." When the donkey came to the outskirts of Anandpur, they took him into a tent. The towns people came and thanked Guru jee for his help. The next day Guru jee said, "Bhai Daya Singh, take the donkey in the lion skin and beat him twice, then release him into Anandpur again." Once again the towns people asked for help. Once again Guru jee ordered that the donkey in the lion skin to be hidden in the tent. The towns people were ever so grateful once again. Next day Guru jee said, "Now destroy half of the lion skin and send the donkey in again." The donkey went racing in to the town, people ran screaming ?Lion! Lion!? This time the donkey stopped running and started eating grass. The owner of the donkey went out searching for it and seeing the back half of the donkey eating grass and went to get it. He took his stick and beat the donkey on its ankles saying, "Now I?ll make you into a lion, you stupid donkey!" An

d he beat the donkey all the way home.

The Sikhs asked Guru jee, "Maharaj, we asked you a few days ago how the Panth, the Khalsa Nation, will stay in chardhi kala?" Guru jee said, "While the donkey was in the lionskin he was respected as a lion. As soon as his lionskin came off, he became a donkey again. O Khalsa jee, I have made donkeys into lions. So long as you stay within my code of conduct (Rehat Maryada) you will always be in chardhi kala! But the day you forget my Rehat Maryada will be the day you are beaten by life, just like the donkey was when his skin came off!"

"Rehat pyare muj ko sikh nahee_the rehat, code of conduct, is beloved to me - not the Sikh" says Guru Gobind Singh jee.

Even Brahm-gianees, the Knowers-Of-God, like Baba Ram Kaur Singh jee have to receive amrit. Now Bhai Dyal Das jee heard Guru jee was in town and went to see him. Dyal Das prostrated and said, "Guru jee, I am your Sikh." Guru jee replied, "You are not my Sikh." Dyal Das pleaded, "But Guru jee my family have been Sikhs of the Guru?s house from Guru Ram Das jee?s time until Guru Tegh Bahadur jee?s time, so why am I not your Sikh? I don?t go to Muslim gravestones to worship, I don?t go to Hindu Mandirs, temples, to light lamps, my ancestors were Sikhs so why have I suddenly become Guru less?" Guru jee said, "You haven?t obeyed the rules of the Guru?s house which say that a to be a Sikh you have to receive Khanda-batta-da-amrit. You haven?t obeyed your Guru so you do not belong to the Guru." Dyal Das jee changed the subject, "Maharaj, come to our house and have langar. Will you be coming tonight, tomorrow morning or tomorrow lunch time?" Guru jee said, "Dyal Das, I?m not happy with your name and you?ve started talking about serving me food." Now Dyal Das?s uncle Ram Singh made a sign to Dyal Das to be quiet. Dyal Das ignored his uncle and requested once again, "Maharaj come and have langar." Guru jee said, "Dyal Das, I?ve already told you that I?m not happy with your name so langar doesn?t come into it."

On the way home uncle Ram Singh said, "I told you to receive amrit and belong to the Guru." Dyal Das replied, "Guru jee is coming near our village tomorrow we?ll feed him tomorrow, even though he has refused it today." Uncle Ram Singh knew the rules of the Guru?s house and told Dyal Das, "Guru jee won?t be eating your food." Now, Dyal Das carried on regardless, he bought a great quantity of food and loaded it onto a cart and waited on the path that Guru jee would be travelling along. Guru Gobind Singh jee?s horse, Neela, was thirsty, Bhai Daya Singh found some water nearby. They went there, but Neela wouldn?t drink it.

Now people say, "So-and-so Sant gave me Gur Mantr and Mool Mantr." Khalsa jee only the Punj Pyare, the Beloved Five, have the right to give these mantras, no one else. Khalsa jee, we don?t like hearing the truth- it tastes bitter, but the person who tells you the truth is your real friend. Before the amrit ceremony no-one is a Punj Pyara, after the amrit ceremony no-one is a Punj Pyara. During the amrit ceremony only the Punj Pyare have the right to give any one the Mool Mantr and Gur Mantr. Yes, one can ask great souls about how to meditate and how to concentrate, but they can?t give you the GurMantr of God?s Name, Naam.

Neela, the horse refused to drink the water. Guru jee said, "Bhai Daya jee, Neela has obtained spiritual powers from his service, seva, of carrying the Guru. Neela is saying this village is Dyal Das?s, the one who doesn?t belong to the Guru, and his guru-less odour puts Neela off the water." Now, Guru jee continued travelling and saw Dyal Das with his cart of food. He greeted Guru jee with joined hands. Guru jee said, "O Dyal Das what is the matter? I told you yesterday I wouldn?t be eating your food. I am not going to eat your food! I am not going to eat your food!" But, Dyal Das wouldn?t take no for an answer, "Maharaj, I?m definitely going to serve you food." Guru jee said, "Dyal Das receive amrit, get your family to receive amrit and only then will I eat your food." Hearing the power in Guru jee?s words, Dyal Das fell at Guru jee?s feet and begged, "Guru jee bless me and my family with amrit." Guru jee and the Punj Pyare gave amrit to him, his family and the villagers. His name became Bhai Dyal Singh jee. He said, "Guru jee, now bless us and eat our food." Guru jee said, "O Dyal Singh, I?m ready to eat your food, in fact, now that you belong to the Guru even if you gave me poison I would eat that as well."

Khalsa jee this is how highly Guru Kalgidhar Patshah, the Guru adorned with th royal plume, regards his Sikhs. Nowadays people who haven?t received amrit regard themselves as Sikhs. Not so. I have remembered an incident where a Raja was travelling on horseback and a minister was walking alongside. The minister kept telling the Raja what to do. Whereas the Raja should have been the one telling the minister what to do. Some girls were standing nearby and thought that the Raja should be giving the orders not the minister. The First one called out, "O king, you are a bull, you get lead like a bull with a ring through it?s nose!" The second sister said, "He?s not a bull, he hasn?t got any horns," (i.e.he?s hasn?t got any courage to push the minister). The third sister said, "O sisters, don?t you that some bulls don?t have horns (i.e. he?s a mindless cow!)" Have you ever thought you are not a Sikh? The day you think you are a Sikh you will think this is Guru Gobind Singh jee?s hair on my body. Some people say, "Its my crop and I?ll cut it as and when I please!" I say to them, "Why don?t you cut your nose off as well, that?s your crop too!"

Travel on the Guru?s path friends.

One man wanted amrit, but Baba jee was not feeling well and there weren?t 5 Sikhs available. He said, "O Sikho, come back on Pooran Mashi." Sant Attar Singh jee held gatherings every Pooran Mashi, or Full Moon, but the man just couldn?t wait. Sant jee said, "I can?t give you amrit alone." A couple of days later he came again. Sant jee told him to come back on Pooran Mashi. On the day of the amrit ceremony, Sant jee sent some Sikhs to call the man who wanted amrit. When they got to his town they saw little children, but no men. They asked the kids where the men were and were told that a man had died so everyone had gone to his funeral. The Sikhs went to the funeral and asked for the man. They found out that it was that man?s funeral!

Last month I asked a Sikh to receive amrit, he said, "I?ll take it when you come back from your tour." When we came back, he kept his word and received amrit, that evening he was drinking a glass of water and died suddenly.

The Guru?s path is not to talk, talk, talk but to do, do, do. Sant Attar Singh jee was meditating for 2 days, a man brought him food, Sant jee opened his eyes and said go further and feed a hungry elephant. It is easy to find Sants who wear the religious clothes, but it is much harder to find the ones who do mediate on God?s Name.

People say to me you belong to the Rara Sahib Group, but you talk of other Sants and Groups, or Jutha. I tell them it is not a question of only promoting your own Group, whoever receives amrit is my Gur-bhai, my brother or sister through the Guru-Father, and that is whether they are old or young.

Sant Gurbachan Singh jee said to Baba Kartar Singh jee, "I?m hungry!" Travelling further Baba Kartar Singh jee said, "Here?s a hotel." Sant jee said this is not our hotel and they kept walking. Later on Sant jee said, "I?m hungry." Another hotel was seen and Baba Kartar Singh jee said, "Here?s another hotel." Baba jee said, "?This is not our hotel!" As they travelled further, they saw 5 Nishan Sahibs, or Sikh Flags, at a Gurdwara. Sant jee said joyfully, "Now our hotel has come!" Sant jee freshened up by washing his 2 feet , 2 hands and face (panj ishnan) and after taking the holy order, Hukam nama, from guru Granth Sahib jee, he did Katha, or discourse, and explained God?s Word to the Sangat for 3 hours! That?s what he was hungry for!!! All his life he did Katha. The other Sant Isher Singh from Nanaksar inspired 700,000 people to receive Amrit. Once when he reached Delhi, a Hindu holy man, or Swamee, read the following line from Sukhmanee Sahib , "Brahm-giani ka bhojan gian_The Knower-Of-God?s food

is Divine Knowledge." He thought that was impossible! So he asked Sant jee what it meant. The next day the Sant asked the Swamee to sit beside him, from 9am to 4pm Sant jee he explained God?s Word, Gurbanee to the holy congregation. The Swamee asked him aren?t you going to eat? Sant jee replied "I am eating the food of ?gian? (divine knowledge), what other food is their for Sants?" The Swamee fell at his feet.

Sant Attar Singh jee started crying as he had delayed giving amrit to the man who had now died.

When Guru Gobind Singh jee had reached Bitinda he was met by Dalla. Dalla always had 500 men armed with weapons, he was always ready for war. He bowed to Guru jee and offered him a rifle. He said, "Kalgee-a-vala, guru jee adorned with the royal plume, I have heard that your whole family has been martyred by Aurangzeb. If you had called me to those battles, things would have been different." Guru jee said, "Your 500 men that you are so proud of are just goats. Your words are empty. In my life I?ve had many hard times."

The 40 martyrs of Chamkaur had meditated on God?s Name so much that each one of them had become the form of Guru Gobind Singh jee himself. Guru Gobind Singh jee said, "Dalla, I?ve had many hard times, my 40 Martyrs were starved for 6 months, now you are proud of your 500 goats!! Let me test your gun, send one of your men so I can test my aim on him!"

Khalsa jee it is very hard to die, very hard indeed to become humble. None of Dalla?s men came forward, but a Sikh father and son came rushing out, racing each other to become the target. The father said, "My body is old let me be the target son." The son answered, "Father, all your life you?ve performed the service for the Guru, now let me perform this service." Those Sikhs loved their Sikhi, or Sikh Religion, more than life itself. Today?s Sikhs love luxury more than Sikhi. Guru jee said, "I have Sikhs that fought against hundreds of thousands of Moguls!" Guru jee took the gun and aimed it high above the father and son.

Dalla was amazed by the Guru?s Sikhs bravery. He fell at Guru jee?s feet and said give me a seat in Sach Khand. Guru jee said, "O Dalla, if you?d asked for a kingdom I could give it to you, if you asked for India I could give it to you, if you performed seva then I could give you Shiva, Brahma and Vishnu?s heavens, but Dalla I can?t give you even a space as small as the eye of a needle in Sach Khand, God?s Realm of Truth. "Dalla jee asked, "But why?" Guru jee said, ?Because you haven?t received Khanda-batta-da-amrit, you don?t belong to the Guru.? Dalla fell at Guru jee?s feet and said "Bless me with amrit, Guru jee."

But, how can he be blessed that easily? Guru Nanak jee says, "Jo To Prem Khelan Ka Chao, Sir Dhar Talee Galee meree aao_if you want to play the game of love, then bring your head to me on the palm of your hand."

Guru Gobind Singh jee continued, "Receive amrit!" Dalla replied, "Bless me Maharaj." After receiving amrit and the 5Ks, he was renamed Bhai Dalla Singh jee. He went home, ate but he just couldn?t sleep because of the heat. He moved his Kirpan left and right. He thought, "Why did I go to the Guru? I wasted a gun and these 5Ks are annoying me too much." On the following day, Dalla said to Guru jee, "The Kirpan and Kachera (short sword and shorts) were annoying me so I took them off, but now give me a place in Sach Khand." Guru jee said, "Dalla Singh jee, don?t give up so easily, slowly slowly these 5Ks will start looking good to you. Remain disciplined as instructed in the Code of Conduct, the Rehat Maryada, and even previous generations will be saved."

That night he couldn?t sleep. He thought, I could take the Kirpan and Kachera off again, so he did. On the next day, Guru jee asked him, "How was your night?" Dalla replied, "It was very hot and uncomfortable, so I took off the Kirpan and Kachera." Guru jee said, "Don?t get disheartened, carry on making the effort."

That night he was incredibly hot. He had a dream, in it he saw Guru Gobind Singh jee taking him to Sach Khand. Along the way he saw the heavens belonging to Brahma, Shiva and Vishnu, he also saw the countless heavens of Ram Chandr, Mohammed and Jesus, he thought, "WOW! Look how much peace and happiness there is here, leave me here." But, Guru jee said, "Bhai Dalla Singh jee the place you are going is where none of these prophets reached. Dalla thought, "What have I done to become worthy of going beyond these heavens?" Guru jee said, "You?ve received Khanda-batta-da-amrit, you?ve become immortal." When he saw Sach Khand?s door opening, he saw light brighter than thousands of Suns. He never took his 5Ks off again.

In Bitinda state there happened to be a severe drought, all of the crops had died. A few days later Guru jee said to Dalla Singh jee, "Close your eyes," when he re-opened them he saw mango?s and orange?s growing in the trees. Again Guru jee said, "close your eyes," when he re-opened them he saw crops of wheat and maize. The third time he opened his eyes, he saw rivers where there had been deserts. Guru jee said, "Dalla Singh you didn?t obey my instructions, 3 times I told you to keep your 5Ks on but you took them off. Dalla Singh, if you had obeyed me the first time, then today you would had your dream fulfilled. But now future generations will learn from your mistakes and realise the importance of obeying the True Guru?s instructions."

Khalsa jee receive amrit. People say, "O my mind isn?t ready, but its ready to drink alcohol at anytime!" Sadh Sangat jee the amrit ceremony is being held tomorrow morning, please collect your 5Ks today and come wearing them tomorrow.

Receive amrit. Caste has nothing to do with Sikhi. Seeing the sangat I see Baba Isher Singh jee?s face. Receive amrit tomorrow.

Sikhs said to Guru Gobind Singh jee, "What?s the need to receive amrit? We are always performing your service and everyone can see we that we are Sikhs." Guru jee said "Wait for your answer." A Sikh came and donated a gold jewel for Guru jee?s waist band. Guru jee said, "Call the jeweller, I want to know if it is real gold. All the Sikhs said, "Guru jee no-one would dare donate fools gold to the Guru, its plain to see that it is gold." Guru jee said,"I need to know for sure that it is pure gold." The Jeweller came and looked at it and said it looks like gold. Guru jee repeated, "I need to know for sure that it is 100% gold." The jeweller went to get his touchstone, by touching the gold on it there was a positive reaction. The jeweller certified the jewel as being 100% gold. Guru jee said, "O Sikhs, you asked me what?s the point of receiving amrit when its already obvious that you are all Sikhs. Receive amrit and prove that you are 100% Sikhs. Amrit is my touchstone."

Vaheguru Ji Ka Khalsa, Vaheguru Ji Ki Fateh !

THANKS FOR READING...............