Hello Everyone, mostly sikh people get problems at airports while security checking which i described under given link kindly read this link and give your views ;

http://www.bubblews.com/news/6194555-problems-for-sikhs-at-airports

This is happening because in many parts of the world sikhs refuse to be sikhs!

You really have to act alone because of the ignorance that breeds within this religion. This is the only religion where one finds absence of compassion, kindness or love towards their own people. If the airport authorities require you to take your five Ks off for security reasons then you have two choices either to obey and let go of your sikh identity or disobey and get into trouble! There is no written document available in this religion which states what one ought to do while at the airport. It is a male dominated religion and the men that dominate it are ridiculously ignorant and backward so much so that they lack any imagination to bring people together on any issue that might concern them. Till this day there has been no consensus over anything that one can resort to in times of trouble or doubt.

Women need to wake up and take control. Open your own separate gurdwaras and run and organize them without committees and politics. Women need to start a new movement in which they can organize gurdwaras in a more humane and compassionate ways. This will get rid of gurdwara violence because so far we have not witnessed one woman picking up her sword or gun to kill someone inside the Gurdwara sahibs in front of the Guru. Only recently the whole world read about what the men did at the Harmandar Sahib dressed in all white with swords in their hands attacking each other. This was so shocking and insulting. The barbarians never realized the significance of language or usage of words!

Edited by SatpalM

You really have to act alone because of the ignorance that breeds within this religion. This is the only religion where one finds absence of compassion, kindness or love towards their own people. If the airport authorities require you to take your five Ks off for security reasons then you have two choices either to obey and let go of your sikh identity or disobey and get into trouble! There is no written document available in this religion which states what one ought to do while at the airport. It is a male dominated religion and the men that dominate it are ridiculously ignorant and backward so much so that they lack any imagination to bring people together on any issue that might concern them. Till this day there has been no consensus over anything that one can resort to in times of trouble or doubt.

Women need to wake up and take control. Open your own separate gurdwaras and run and organize them without committees and politics. Women need to start a new movement in which they can organize gurdwaras in a more humane and compassionate ways. This will get rid of gurdwara violence because so far we have not witnessed one woman picking up her sword or gun to kill someone inside the Gurdwara sahibs in front of the Guru. Only recently the whole world read about what the men did at the Harmandar Sahib dressed in all white with swords in their hands attacking each other. This was so shocking and insulting. The barbarians never realized the significance of language or usage of words!

My wife started an organization where women could get together and organize a gurdwara with female impact and were successful. Although men participated too but it has more of a female impact on it. Both men and women are amritdarries and wear bana. Their children are also taught the importance of Amrit and Bana which they partake as they become more mature and sensible. They have a hall for the SGGS, a langar hall, an area allocated for children to play and also have gurmat classes and a wonderful separate room where they have a second SGGS with a notice outside the door ' Silence please,meditation/nam jap in progress.' It is the most peaceful place to go to and everyone there looks very civil.

My wife was born in Kenya and her parents also were born there. They have managed to keep the sikh faith free of violence and dogma. They have managed to keep up with the true essence of sikhism and the teachings of the 10 Masters. Majority of the congregation and their offsprings are devout sikhs with firm belief in themselves as sikhs and in their sikh faith and they don't resemble any congretation one encounters in majority of the sikh temples around the world. They have managed to educate the women to advance levels of knowledge and are able to preach in three languages ie swahilli, english and poonjabi.

One cannot fail to observe here in this place men behave like true gentlemen and the women behave like typical ladies! Their manners are sophisticated and their language is extremely polite. They follow a culture unique to their organization. It is neither Indian/ponjabi or western but has basis in the SGGS. Most of the women are also working in top positions in banks, hospitals, universities and so on. I have never witnessed any violence in this temple although there are men in the congregation too. Everyone is polite and considerate and most speak at least two languages fluently english and poonjabi with swahilli here and there.

I sometimes wonder why are these people so entirely different from the rest of sikh people that one sees in other temples all over the world.

This temple is actually situated in a building which used to belong to two families until they got together and decided to turn it into a place of worship. It is surrounded with open grounds with trees and shrubs for a walking nam jap practice. The congregation takes turns to keep everything clean and beautiful. You will also notice how well behaved the children are. They are all very proud of their sikh heritage and the sikh history. When you meet them they never fail to inform you of how their parents came to be born in Kenya and how they all visited Ponjab when they were children. Please don't get me wrong, they love visiting India even now to learn more about their own history and teach their children too. They are simply amazing bunch of nice good people who know exactly who they are and have firm and unshakeable confidence in themselves as sikhs. They are one very extremely proud bunch of sikh people I have ever met or known.

Let me also say this that one notices everyone here free from the disease of 'egotitis' although they all live in a predominantly white, modern western, countries. They have managed to keep their sikh faith alive side by side with modernity, this in my view is highly laudable. They participate in the western world but also participate in their inner search for God and communion with him. The only identity they refer to is their sikh one, there is no mention of any other identity or identities in this wonderful little place. The SGGS says remove the filth from the surface of your mind and see your true identity, which is the only identity a true sikh should have. The rest are all made up by the filth of the mind. It is a work of corrupt and lost mind.

I firmly believe women can organize and manage temples successfully by giving them a softer and more compassionate touch, which is a natural part of their female make up. Women also make vey good listeners so it reduces the element of violence and agression one encounters or reads about at sikh places of worship. They are also good with words so this gives chance to discussion rather than arguing and fighting which one finds has become the norm theses days.

Edited by Martin Holland

• 3 weeks later...

My wife started an organization where women could get together and organize a gurdwara with female impact and were successful. Although men participated too but it has more of a female impact on it. Both men and women are amritdarries and wear bana. Their children are also taught the importance of Amrit and Bana which they partake as they become more mature and sensible. They have a hall for the SGGS, a langar hall, an area allocated for children to play and also have gurmat classes and a wonderful separate room where they have a second SGGS with a notice outside the door ' Silence please,meditation/nam jap in progress.' It is the most peaceful place to go to and everyone there looks very civil.

My wife was born in Kenya and her parents also were born there. They have managed to keep the sikh faith free of violence and dogma. They have managed to keep up with the true essence of sikhism and the teachings of the 10 Masters. Majority of the congregation and their offsprings are devout sikhs with firm belief in themselves as sikhs and in their sikh faith and they don't resemble any congretation one encounters in majority of the sikh temples around the world. They have managed to educate the women to advance levels of knowledge and are able to preach in three languages ie swahilli, english and poonjabi.

One cannot fail to observe here in this place men behave like true gentlemen and the women behave like typical ladies! Their manners are sophisticated and their language is extremely polite. They follow a culture unique to their organization. It is neither Indian/ponjabi or western but has basis in the SGGS. Most of the women are also working in top positions in banks, hospitals, universities and so on. I have never witnessed any violence in this temple although there are men in the congregation too. Everyone is polite and considerate and most speak at least two languages fluently english and poonjabi with swahilli here and there.

I sometimes wonder why are these people so entirely different from the rest of sikh people that one sees in other temples all over the world.

This temple is actually situated in a building which used to belong to two families until they got together and decided to turn it into a place of worship. It is surrounded with open grounds with trees and shrubs for a walking nam jap practice. The congregation takes turns to keep everything clean and beautiful. You will also notice how well behaved the children are. They are all very proud of their sikh heritage and the sikh history. When you meet them they never fail to inform you of how their parents came to be born in Kenya and how they all visited Ponjab when they were children. Please don't get me wrong, they love visiting India even now to learn more about their own history and teach their children too. They are simply amazing bunch of nice good people who know exactly who they are and have firm and unshakeable confidence in themselves as sikhs. They are one very extremely proud bunch of sikh people I have ever met or known.

Let me also say this that one notices everyone here free from the disease of 'egotitis' although they all live in a predominantly white, modern western, countries. They have managed to keep their sikh faith alive side by side with modernity, this in my view is highly laudable. They participate in the western world but also participate in their inner search for God and communion with him. The only identity they refer to is their sikh one, there is no mention of any other identity or identities in this wonderful little place. The SGGS says remove the filth from the surface of your mind and see your true identity, which is the only identity a true sikh should have. The rest are all made up by the filth of the mind. It is a work of corrupt and lost mind.

I firmly believe women can organize and manage temples successfully by giving them a softer and more compassionate touch, which is a natural part of their female make up. Women also make vey good listeners so it reduces the element of violence and agression one encounters or reads about at sikh places of worship. They are also good with words so this gives chance to discussion rather than arguing and fighting which one finds has become the norm theses days

Very inspiring post, but how is all this going to help solve our problems at the airports globally?

Edited by karma

You are so right about everything you have said.

Very inspiring post, but how is all this going to help solve our problems at the airports globally?

Thanks, but my post was in response to satpalM and not in response to the origininale poster.

The problems at the airports are not the same all over. I think it depends where you are travelling, but travelling in Europe is not a problem.

I firmly believe women can organize and manage temples successfully by giving them a softer and more compassionate touch, which is a natural part of their female make up. Women also make vey good listeners so it reduces the element of violence and agression one encounters or reads about at sikh places of worship. They are also good with words so this gives chance to discussion rather than arguing and fighting which one finds has become the norm theses days.

I know there are number of small gurdwaras organized this way and they work very well. You find you can do walking simran in the grounds that surround these places. I went to one just recently and the sangat there was entirely different than the normal sangat you see in the other gurdwaras. They were much quieter there and no chatting was allowed in the langar hall.

• 3 weeks later...