Daily Hukamnam.....

BILAAVAL, FIFTH MEHL:

He alone crosses over this world-ocean, who sings the Glorious Praises of the Lord. He dwells with the Saadh Sangat, the Company of the Holy; by great good fortune, he finds the Lord. || 1 || Your slave lives by hearing, hearing the Word of Your Bani, chanted by Your humble servant. The Guru is revealed in all the worlds; He saves the honor of His servant. || 1 || Pause || God has pulled me out of the ocean of fire, and quenched my burning thirst. The Guru has sprinkled the Ambrosial Water of the Naam, the Name of the Lord; He has become my Helper. || 2 || The pains of birth and death are removed, and I have obtained a resting place of peace. The noose of doubt and emotional attachment has been snapped; I have become pleasing to my God. || 3 || Let no one think that there is any other at all; everything is in the Hands of God. Nanak has found total peace, in the Society of the Saints. || 4 || 22 || 52 ||

Monday 14th Maagh (Samvat 535 Nanakshahi) (Page: 813)

• Replies 308
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

GOND:

When her husband dies, the woman does not cry. Someone else becomes her protector. When this protector dies, he falls into the world of hell hereafter, for the sexual pleasures he enjoyed in this world. || 1 || The world loves only the one bride, Maya. She is the wife of all beings and creatures. || 1 || Pause || With her necklace around her neck, this bride looks beautiful. She is poison to the Saint, but the world is delighted with her. Adorning herself, she sits like a prostitute. Cursed by the Saints, she wanders around like a wretch. || 2 || She runs around, chasing after the Saints. She is afraid of being beaten by those blessed with the Guru’s Grace. She is the body, the breath of life, of the faithless cynics. She appears to me like a blood-thirsty witch. || 3 || I know her secrets well — in His Mercy, the Divine Guru met me. Says Kabeer, now I have thrown her out. She clings to the skirt of the world. || 4 || 4 || 7 ||

Tuesday 15th Maagh (Samvat 535 Nanakshahi) (Page: 871)

SOOHEE, FIFTH MEHL:

The Lord Himself has stood up to resolve the affairs of the Saints; He has come to complete their tasks. The land is beautiful, and the pool is beautiful; within it is contained the Ambrosial Water. The Ambrosial Water is filling it, and my job is perfectly complete; all my desires are fulfilled. Congratulations are pouring in from all over the world; all my sorrows are eliminated. The Vedas and the Puraanas sing the Praises of the Perfect, Unchanging, Imperishable Primal Lord.The Transcendent Lord has kept His promise, and confirmed His nature; Nanak meditates on the Naam, the Name of the Lord. || 1 || The Creator has given me the nine treasures, wealth and spiritual powers, and I do not lack anything. Eating, spending and enjoying, I have found peace; the gifts of the Creator Lord continually increase. His gifts increase and shall never be exhausted; I have found the Inner-knower, the Searcher of hearts. Millions of obstacles have all been removed, and pain does not even approach me. Tranquility, peace, poise and bliss in abundance prevail, and all my hunger is satisfied. Nanak sings the Glorious Praises of his Lord and Master, whose Glorious Greatness is wonderful and amazing. || 2 || It was His job, and He has done it; what can the mere mortal being do? The devotees are adorned, singing the Glorious Praises of the Lord; they proclaim His eternal victory. Singing the Glorious Praises of the Lord of the Universe, bliss wells up, and we are friends with the Saadh Sangat, the Company of the Holy. He who made the effort to construct this sacred pool — how can his praises be recounted? The merits of the sixty-eight sacred shrines of pilgrimage, charity, good deeds and immaculate lifestyle, are found in this sacred pool. It is the natural way of the Lord and Master to purify sinners; Nanak takes the Support of the Word of the Shabad. || 3 || The treasure of virtue is my God, the Creator Lord; what Praises of Yours should I sing, O Lord? The prayer of the Saints is, “O Lord and Master, please bless us with the supreme, sublime essence of Your Name.†Please, grant us Your Name, grant us this blessing, and do not forget us, even for an instant. Chant the Glorious Praises of the World-Lord, O my tongue; sing them forever, night and day. One who enshrines love for the Naam, the Name of the Lord, his mind and body are drenched with Ambrosial Nectar. Prays Nanak, my desires have been fulfilled; gazing upon the Blessed Vision of the Lord, I live. || 4 || 7 || 10 ||

Wednesday 16th Maagh (Samvat 535 Nanakshahi) (Page: 783)

RAAG SOOHEE, FIFTH MEHL, FIFTH HOUSE, PARTAAL:

ONE UNIVERSAL CREATOR GOD. BY THE GRACE OF THE TRUE GURU:

Love of the enticing Beloved Lord is the most glorious love. Meditate, O mind, on the One Lord of the Universe — nothing else is of any account. Attach your mind to the Saints, and abandon the path of duality. || 1 || Pause || The Lord is absolute and unmanifest; He has assumed the most sublime manifestation. He has fashioned countless body chambers of many, varied, different, myriad forms. Within them, the mind is the policeman; my Beloved lives in the temple of my inner self. He plays there in ecstasy. He does not die, and he never grows old. || 1 || He is engrossed in worldly activities, wandering around in various ways. He steals the property of others, and is surrounded by corruption and sin. But now, he joins the Saadh Sangat, the Company of the Holy, and stands before the Lord’s Gate. He obtains the Blessed Vision of the Lord’s Darshan. Nanak has met the Guru; he shall not be reincarnated again. || 2 || 1 || 44 ||

Thursday 17th Maagh (Samvat 535 Nanakshahi) (Page: 746)

DHANAASAREE, FIFTH MEHL:

He does not let His devotees see the difficult times; this is His innate nature. Giving His hand, He protects His devotee; with each and every breath, He cherishes him. || 1 || My consciousness remains attached to God. In the beginning, and in the end, God is always my helper and companion; blessed is my friend. || Pause || My mind is delighted, gazing upon the marvellous, glorious greatness of the Lord and Master. Remembering, remembering the Lord in meditation, Nanak is in ecstasy; God, in His perfection, has protected and preserved his honor. || 2 || 15 || 46 ||

Friday 18th Maagh (Samvat 535 Nanakshahi) (Page: 682)

DHANAASAREE, FIRST MEHL, FIRST HOUSE, CHAU-PADAS:

ONE UNIVERSAL CREATOR GOD. TRUTH IS THE NAME. CREATIVE BEING PERSONIFIED. NO FEAR. NO HATRED. IMAGE OF THE UNDYING. BEYOND BIRTH. SELF-EXISTENT. BY GURU’S GRACE:

My soul is afraid; to whom should I complain? I serve Him, who makes me forget my pains; He is the Giver, forever and ever. || 1 || My Lord and Master is forever new; He is the Giver, forever and ever. || 1 || Pause || Night and day, I serve my Lord and Master; He shall save me in the end. Hearing and listening, O my dear sister, I have crossed over. || 2 || O Merciful Lord, Your Name carries me across. I am forever a sacrifice to You. || 1 || Pause || In all the world, there is only the One True Lord; there is no other at all. He alone serves the Lord, upon whom the Lord casts His Glance of Grace. || 3 || Without You, O Beloved, how could I even live? Bless me with such greatness, that I may remain attached to Your Name. There is no other, O Beloved, to whom I can go and speak. || 1 || Pause || I serve my Lord and Master; I ask for no other. Nanak is His slave; moment by moment, bit by bit, he is a sacrifice to Him. || 4 || O Lord Master, I am a sacrifice to Your Name, moment by moment, bit by bit. || 1 || Pause || 4 || 1 ||

Saturday 19th Maagh (Samvat 535 Nanakshahi) (Page: 660)

DHANAASAREE, FIFTH MEHL:

You are the Giver, O Lord, O Cherisher, my Master, my Husband Lord. Each and every moment, You cherish and nurture me; I am Your child, and I rely upon You alone. || 1 || I have only one tongue — which of Your Glorious Virtues can I describe? Unlimited, infinite Lord and Master — no one knows Your limits. || 1 || Pause || You destroy millions of my sins, and teach me in so many ways. I am so ignorant — I understand nothing at all. Please honor Your innate nature, and save me! || 2 || I seek Your Sanctuary — You are my only hope. You are my companion, and my best friend. Save me, O Merciful Saviour Lord; Nanak is the slave of Your home. || 3 || 12 ||

Sunday 20th Maagh (Samvat 535 Nanakshahi) (Page: 673)

SHALOK:

The Lord grants His Grace, and dispels the pains of those who sing the Kirtan of the Praises of His Name. When the Lord God shows His Kindness, O Nanak, one is no longer engrossed in Maya. || 1 || The burning fire has been put out; God Himself has saved me. Meditate on that God, O Nanak, who created the universe. || 2 || PAUREE: When God becomes merciful, Maya does not cling. Millions of sins are eliminated, by meditating on the Naam, the Name of the One Lord. The body is made immaculate and pure, bathing in the dust of the feet of the Lord’s humble servants. The mind and body become contented, finding the Perfect Lord God. One is saved, along with his family, and all his ancestors. || 18 ||

Monday 21st Maagh (Samvat 535 Nanakshahi) (Page: 709)

JAITSREE, FIFTH MEHL, VAAR WITH SHALOKS:

ONE UNIVERSAL CREATOR GOD. BY THE GRACE OF THE TRUE GURU: SHALOK:

In the beginning, He was pervading; in the middle, He is pervading; in the end, He will be pervading. He is the Transcendent Lord. The Saints remember in meditation the all-pervading Lord God. O Nanak, He is the Destroyer of sins, the Lord of the universe. || 1 || See, hear, speak and implant the True Lord within your mind. He is all-pervading, permeating everywhere; O Nanak, be absorbed in the Lord’s Love. || 2 || PAUREE: Sing the Praise of the One, the Immaculate Lord; He is contained within all. The Cause of causes, the Almighty Lord God; whatever He wills, comes to pass. In an instant, He establishes and disestablishes; without Him, there is no other. He pervades the continents, solar systems, nether worlds, islands and all worlds. He alone understands, whom the Lord Himself instructs; he alone is a pure and unstained being. || 1 ||

Tuesday 22nd Maagh (Samvat 535 Nanakshahi) (Page: 705)

TILANG, FIRST MEHL, THIRD HOUSE:

This body fabric is conditioned by Maya, O beloved; this cloth is dyed in greed. My Husband Lord is not pleased by these clothes, O Beloved; how can the soul-bride go to His bed? || 1 || I am a sacrifice, O Dear Merciful Lord; I am a sacrifice to You. I am a sacrifice to those who take to Your Name. Unto those who take to Your Name, I am forever a sacrifice. || 1 || Pause || If the body becomes the dyer’s vat, O Beloved, and the Name is placed within it as the dye, and if the Dyer who dyes this cloth is the Lord Master — O, such a color has never been seen before! || 2 || Those whose shawls are so dyed, O Beloved, their Husband Lord is always with them. Bless me with the dust of those humble beings, O Dear Lord. Says Nanak, this is my prayer. || 3 || He Himself creates, and He Himself imbues us. He Himself bestows His Glance of Grace. O Nanak, if the soul-bride becomes pleasing to her Husband Lord, He Himself enjoys her. || 4 || 1 || 3 ||

Wednesday 23rd Maagh (Samvat 535 Nanakshahi) (Page: 721)

SOOHEE, THIRD MEHL:

The soul-bride may wander throughout the four ages, but still, without the True Guru, she will not find her True Husband Lord. The Kingdom of the Lord is permanent, and forever unchanging; there is no other than Him. There is no other than Him - He is True forever; the Gurmukh knows the One Lord. That soul-bride, whose mind accepts the Guru’s Teachings, meets her Husband Lord. Meeting the True Guru, she finds the Lord; without the Lord’s Name, there is no liberation. O Nanak, the soul-bride ravishes and enjoys her Husband Lord; her mind accepts Him, and she finds peace. || 1 || Serve the True Guru, O young and innocent bride; thus you shall obtain the Lord as your Husband. You shall be the virtuous and happy bride of the True Lord forever; and you shall never again wear soiled clothes. Your clothes shall never again be soiled; how rare are those few, who, as Gurmukh, recognize this, and conquer their ego. So make your practice the practice of good deeds; merge into the Word of the Shabad, and deep within, come to know the One Lord. The Gurmukh enjoys God, day and night, and so obtains true glory. O Nanak, the soul-bride enjoys and ravishes her Beloved; God is pervading and permeating everywhere. || 2 || Serve the Guru, O young and innocent soul-bride, and he will lead to you meet your Husband Lord. The bride is imbued with the Love of her Lord; meeting with her Beloved, she finds peace. Meeting her Beloved, she finds peace, and merges in the True Lord; the True Lord is pervading everywhere. The bride makes Truth her decorations, day and night, and remains absorbed in the True Lord. The Lord, the Giver of peace, is realized through His Shabad; He hugs His bride close in His embrace. O Nanak, the bride obtains the Mansion of His Presence; through the Guru’s Teachings, she finds her Lord. || 3 || The Primal Lord, my God, has united His young and innocent bride with Himself. Through the Guru’s Teachings, her heart is illumined and enlightened; God is permeating and pervading everywhere. God is permeating and pervading everywhere; He dwells in her mind, and she realizes her pre-ordained destiny. On his cozy bed, she is pleasing to my God; she fashions her decorations of Truth. The bride is immaculate and pure; she washes away the filth of egotism, and through the Guru’s Teachings, she merges in the True Lord. O Nanak, the Creator Lord blends her into Himself, and she obtains the nine treasure of the Naam. || 4 || 3 || 4 ||

Thursday 24th Maagh(Samvat 535 Nanakshahi) (Page: 769)

JAITSREE, 5th GURU, CHHANT, FIRST HOUSE:

ONE UNIVERSAL CREATOR GOD. BY THE GRACE OF THE TRUE GURU: SHALOK:

I am thirsty for the Blessed Vision of the Lord’s Darshan, day and night; I yearn for Him constantly, night and day. Opening the door, O Nanak, the Guru has led me to meet with the Lord, my Friend. || 1 || CHHANT: Listen, O my intimate friend — I have just one prayer to make. I have been wandering around, searching for that enticing, sweet Beloved. Whoever leads me to my Beloved — I would cut off my head and offer it to him, even if I were granted the Blessed Vision of His Darshan for just an instant. My eyes are drenched with the Love of my Beloved; without Him, I do not have even a moment’s peace. My mind is attached to the Lord, like the fish to the water, and the sparrow-hawk, thirsty for the raindrops. Servant Nanak has found the Perfect Guru; his thirst is totally quenched. || 1 || O intimate friend, my Beloved has all these loving companions; I cannot compare to any of them. O intimate friend, each of them is more beautiful than the others; who could consider me? Each of them is more beautiful than the others; countless are His lovers, constantly enjoying bliss with Him. Beholding them, desire wells up in my mind; when will I obtain the Lord, the treasure of virtue? I dedicate my mind to those who please and attract my Beloved. Says Nanak, hear my prayer, O happy soul-brides; tell me, what does my Husband Lord look like? || 2 || O intimate friend, my Husband Lord does whatever He pleases; He is not dependent on anyone. O intimate friend, you have enjoyed your Beloved; please, tell me about Him. They alone find their Beloved, who eradicate self-conceit; such is the good destiny written on their foreheads. Taking me by the arm, the Lord and Master has made me His own; He has not considered my merits or demerits. She, whom You have adorned with the necklace of virtue, and dyed in the deep crimson color of His Love — everything looks beautiful on her. O servant Nanak, blessed is that happy soul-bride, who dwells with her Husband Lord. || 3 || O intimate friend, I have found that peace which I sought. My sought-after Husband Lord has come home, and now, congratulations are pouring in. Great joy and happiness welled up, when my Husband Lord, of ever-fresh beauty, showed mercy to me. By great good fortune, I have found Him; the Guru has united me with Him, through the Saadh Sangat, the True Congregation of the Holy. My hopes and desires have all been fulfilled; my Beloved Husband Lord has hugged me close in His embrace. Prays Nanak, I have found that peace which I sought, meeting with the Guru. || 4 || 1 ||

Friday 25th Maagh (Samvat 535 Nanakshahi) (Page: 703)

SOOHEE, 5th GURU:

What virtues and excellences of Yours should I cherish and contemplate? I am worthless, while You are the Great Giver. I am Your slave — what clever tricks could I ever try? This soul and body are totally Yours || 1 || O my Darling, Blissful Beloved, who fascinates my mind — I am a sacrifice to the Blessed Vision of Your Darshan. || 1 || Pause || O God, You are the Great Giver, and I am just a poor beggar; You are forever and ever benevolent. I cannot accomplish anything by myself, O my Unapproachable and Infinite Lord and Master. || 2 || What service can I perform? What should I say to please You? How can I gain the Blessed Vision of Your Darshan? Your extent cannot be found — Your limits cannot be found. My mind longs for Your Feet. || 3 || I beg with persistence to receive this gift, that the dust of the Saints might touch my face. The Guru has showered His Mercy upon servant Nanak; reaching out with His Hand, God has delivered him. || 4 || 6 ||

Friday 26th Maagh (Samvat 535 Nanakshahi) (Page: 738)

JAITSREE, FIFTH MEHL:

The sparrow-hawk longs for the rain to fall. O God, ocean of mercy, shower Your mercy on me, that I may yearn for loving devotional worship of the Lord. || 1 || Pause || The chakvi duck does not desire many comforts, but it is filled with bliss upon seeing the dawn. The fish cannot survive any other way — without water, it dies. || 1 || I am a helpless orphan — I seek Your Sanctuary, O My Lord and Master; please bless me with Your mercy. Nanak worships and adores the Lord’s lotus feet; without Him, there is no other at all. || 2 || 6 || 10 ||

Sunday 27th Maagh (Samvat 535 Nanakshahi) (Page: 702)

WADAHANS, FIRST MEHL, CHHANT:

Why bother to wash the body which is polluted by falsehood? One’s cleansing bath is only approved, if one practices Truth. When there is Truth deep within, then one becomes True, and obtains the True Lord. Without pre-ordained destiny, awareness is not attained; talking and babbling, one’s life is wasted away. Wherever you go and sit, speak well, and write the Word of the Shabad in your awareness. Why bother to wash the body which is polluted by falsehood? || 1 || When I spoke, I spoke as You made me speak. The Ambrosial Name of the Lord is pleasing to my mind. The Naam, the Name of the Lord, seems so sweet to my mind; it has destroyed the house of pain. Peace came to dwell in my mind, when You gave the Order. It is Yours to grant Your Grace, and it is mine to speak this prayer; You created Yourself. When I spoke, I spoke as You made me speak. || 2 || The Lord and Master gives us our turn, according to the deeds we have done. Don’t speak ill of others, or get involved in arguments. Don’t get into arguments with your Lord and Master — you shall only ruin yourself. If you challenge the One, with whom you must abide, you will only cry in the end. Accept and endure what God gives you; tell your mind not to complain in vain. The Lord and Master gives us our turn, according to the deeds we have done. || 3 || He Himself created all, and He blesses them with His Glance of Grace. No one asks for that which is bitter; everyone asks for sweets. Let everyone ask for sweets and see that it is as the Lord and Master wills. Giving donations to charity and performing various religious rituals are not equal to contemplation of the Naam. O Nanak, those who are blessed with the Naam have such karma pre-ordained. He Himself created all, and He blesses them with His Glance of Grace. || 4 || 1 ||

Monday 28th Maagh (Samvat 535 Nanakshahi) (Page: 565)

SOOHEE, FIRST MEHL:

That vessel alone is pure, which is pleasing to Him. The filthiest vessel does not become pure, simply by being washed. Through the Gurdwara, the Guru’s Gate, one obtains understanding. By being washed through this Gate, it becomes pure. The Lord Himself sets the standards to differentiate between the dirty and the pure. Do not think that you will automatically find a place of rest hereafter. According to the actions one has committed, so does the mortal become. He Himself bestows the Ambrosial Name of the Lord. Such a mortal departs with honor and renown; his life is embellished and redeemed, and the trumpets resound with his glory. Why speak of poor mortals? His glory shall echo throughout the three worlds. O Nanak, he himself shall be enraptured, and he shall save his entire ancestry. || 1 || 4 || 6 ||

Tuesday 29th Maagh (Samvat 535 Nanakshahi) (Page: 730)

GUJRI, THIRD MEHL, FIRST HOUSE:

I dance, and make this mind dance as well. By Guru’s Grace, I eliminate my self-conceit. One who keeps his consciousness focused on the Lord is liberated; he obtains the fruits of his desires. || 1 || So dance, O mind, before your Guru. If you dance according to the Guru’s Will, you shall obtain peace, and in the end, the fear of death shall leave you. || Pause || One whom the Lord Himself causes to dance, is called a devotee. He Himself links us to His Love. He Himself sings, He Himself listens, and He puts this blind mind on the right path. || 2 || One who dances night and day, and banishes Shakti’s Maya, enters the House of the Lord Shiva, where there is no sleep. The world is asleep in Maya, the house of Shakti; it dances, jumps and sings in duality. The self-willed manmukh has no devotion. || 3 || The angels, mortals, renunciates, ritualists, silent sages and beings of spiritual wisdom dance. The Siddhas and seekers, lovingly focused on the Lord, dance, as do the Gurmukhs, whose minds dwell in reflective meditation. || 4 || The planets and solar systems dance in the three qualities, as do those who bear love for You, Lord. The beings and creatures all dance, and the four sources of creation dance. || 5 || They alone dance, who are pleasing to You, and who, as Gurmukhs, embrace love for the Word of the Shabad. They are devotees, with the essence of spiritual wisdom, who obey the Hukam of His Command. || 6 || This is devotional worship, that one loves the True Lord; without service, one cannot be a devotee. If one remains dead while yet alive, he reflects upon the Shabad, and then, he obtains the True Lord. || 7 || So many people dance for the sake of Maya; how rare are those who contemplate reality. By Guru’s Grace, that humble being obtains You, Lord, upon whom You show Mercy. || 8 || If I forget the True Lord, even for an instant, that time passes in vain. With each and every breath, constantly remember the Lord; He Himself shall forgive you, according to His Will. || 9 || They alone dance, who are pleasing to Your Will, and who, as Gurmukhs, contemplate the Word of the Shabad. Says Nanak, they alone find celestial peace, whom You bless with Your Grace. || 10 || 1 || 6 ||

Wednesday 30th Maagh (Samvat 535 Nanakshahi) (Page: 506)

JAITSREE, FIFTH MEHL, THIRD HOUSE:

Does anyone know, who is our friend in this world? He alone understands this, whom the Lord blesses with His Mercy. Immaculate and unstained is his way of life. || 1 || Pause || Mother, father, spouse, children, relatives, lovers, friends and siblings meet, having been associated in previous lives; but none of them will be your companion and support in the end. || 1 || Pearl necklaces, gold, rubies and diamonds please the mind, but they are only Maya. Possessing them, one passes his life in agony; he obtains no contentment from them. || 2 || Elephants, chariots, horses as fast as the wind, wealth, land, and armies of four kinds — none of these will go with him; he must get up and depart, naked. || 3 || The Lord’s Saints are the beloved lovers of God; sing of the Lord, Har, Har, with them. O Nanak, in the Society of the Saints, you shall obtain peace in this world, and in the next world, your face shall be radiant and bright. || 4 || 1 ||

Thursday 1st Phalgun (Samvat 535 Nanakshahi) (Page: 700)

Does anyone know, who is our friend in this world? He alone understands this, whom the Lord blesses with His Mercy. Immaculate and unstained is his way of life. || 1 || Pause || Mother, father, spouse, children, relatives, lovers, friends and siblings meet, having been associated in previous lives; but none of them will be your companion and support in the end. || 1 || Pearl necklaces, gold, rubies and diamonds please the mind, but they are only Maya. Possessing them, one passes his life in agony; he obtains no contentment from them. || 2 || Elephants, chariots, horses as fast as the wind, wealth, land, and armies of four kinds — none of these will go with him; he must get up and depart, naked. || 3 || The Lord’s Saints are the beloved lovers of God; sing of the Lord, Har, Har, with them. O Nanak, in the Society of the Saints, you shall obtain peace in this world, and in the next world, your face shall be radiant and bright. || 4 || 1 ||

Friday 2nd Phalgun (Samvat 535 Nanakshahi) (Page: 700)

SOOHEE, FIFTH MEHL:

The Simritees, the Vedas, the Puraanas and the other holy scriptures proclaim that without the Naam, everything is false and worthless. || 1 || The infinite treasure of the Naam abides within the minds of the devotees. Birth and death, attachment and suffering, are erased in the Saadh Sangat, the Company of the Holy. || 1 || Pause || Those who indulge in attachment, conflict and egotism shall surely weep and cry. Those who are separated from the Naam shall never find any peace. || 2 || Crying out, “Mine! Mine!â€, he is bound in bondage. Entangled in Maya, he is reincarnated in heaven and hell. || 3 || Searching, searching, searching, I have come to understand the essence of reality. Without the Naam, there is no peace at all, and the mortal will surely fail. || 4 || Many come and go; they die, and die again, and are reincarnated. Without understanding, they are totally useless, and they wander in reincarnation. || 5 || They alone join the Saadh Sangat, unto whom the Lord becomes Merciful. They chant and meditate on the Ambrosial Name of the Lord. || 6 || Uncounted millions, so many they are endless, search for Him. But only that one, who understands his own self, sees God near at hand. || 7 || Never forget me, O Great Giver — please bless me with Your Naam.To sing Your Glorious Praises day and night — O Nanak, this is my heart-felt desire. || 8 || 2 || 5 ||

Saturday 3rd Phalgun (Samvat 535 Nanakshahi) (Page: 761)

Sunday 4th Phalgun (Samvat 535 Nanakshahi) (Page: 700)

SORAT’H, FIFTH MEHL:

The Perfect Guru has attached me to His feet. I have obtained the Lord as my companion, my support, my best friend. Wherever I go, I am happy there. By His Kind Mercy, God united me with Himself. || 1 || So sing forever the Glorious Praises of the Lord with loving devotion. You shall obtain all the fruits of your mind’s desires, and the Lord shall become the companion and the support of your soul. || 1 || Pause || The Lord is the support of the breath of life. I am the dust of the feet of the Holy people. I am a sinner, but the Lord made me pure. By His Kind Mercy, the Lord blessed me with His Praises. || 2 || The Supreme Lord God cherishes and nurtures me. He is always with me, the Protector of my soul. Singing the Kirtan of the Lord’s Praises day and night, I shall not be consigned to reincarnation again. || 3 || One who is blessed by the Primal Lord, the Architect of Destiny, realizes the subtle essence of the Lord. The Messenger of Death does not come near him. In the Lord’s Sanctuary, Nanak has found peace. || 4 || 9 || 59 ||

Monday 5th Phalgun (Samvat 535 Nanakshahi) (Page: 623)

SORAT’H, FIFTH MEHL:

The Perfect Guru has made me perfect. God is totally pervading and permeating everywhere. With joy and pleasure, I take my purifying bath. I am a sacrifice to the Supreme Lord God. || 1 || I enshrine the lotus feet of the Guru within my heart. Not even the tiniest obstacle blocks my way; all my affairs are resolved. || 1 || Pause || Meeting with the Holy Saints, my evil-mindedness was eradicated. All the sinners are purified. Bathing in the sacred pool of Guru Ram Das, all the sins one has committed are washed away. || 2 || So sing forever the Glorious Praises of the Lord of the Universe; joining the Saadh Sangat, the Company of the Holy, meditate on Him. The fruits of your mind’s desires are obtained by meditating on the Perfect Guru within your heart. || 3 || The Guru, the Lord of the World, is blissful; chanting, meditating on the Lord of supreme bliss, He lives. Servant Nanak meditates on the Naam, the Name of the Lord. God has confirmed His innate nature. || 4 || 10 || 60 ||

Tuesday 6th Phalgun (Samvat 535 Nanakshahi) (Page: 624)

SOOHEE, FIFTH MEHL:

When You stand over our heads, O Lord and Master, how can we suffer in pain? The mortal being does not know how to chant Your Name — he is intoxicated with the wine of Maya, and the thought of death does not even enter his mind. || 1 || O my Sovereign Lord, You belong to the Saints, and the Saints belong to You. Your servant is not afraid of anything; the Messenger of Death cannot even approach him. || 1 || Pause || Those who are attuned to Your Love, O my Lord and Master, are released from the pains of birth and death. No one can erase Your Blessings; the True Guru has given me this assurance. || 2 || Those who meditate on the Naam, the Name of the Lord, obtain the fruits of peace. Twenty-four hours a day, they worship and adore You. In Your Sanctuary, with Your Support, they subdue the five villains. || 3 || I know nothing about wisdom, meditation and good deeds; I know nothing about Your excellence. Guru Nanak is the greatest of all; He saved my honor in this Dark Age of Kali Yuga. || 4 || 10 || 57 ||

Wednesday 7th Phalgun (Samvat 535 Nanakshahi) (Page: 749)

SORAT’H, FIFTH MEHL:

I met the True Guru, by great good fortune, and my mind has been enlightened. No one else can equal me, because I have the loving support of my Lord and Master. || 1 || I am a sacrifice to my True Guru. I am at peace in this world, and I shall be in celestial peace in the next; my home is filled with bliss. || Pause || He is the Inner-knower, the Searcher of hearts, the Creator, my Lord and Master. I have become fearless, attached to the Guru’s feet; I take the Support of the Name of the One Lord. || 2 || Fruitful is the Blessed Vision of His Darshan; the Form of God is deathless; He is and shall always be. He hugs His humble servants close, and protects and preserves them; their love for Him is sweet to Him. || 3 || Great is His glorious greatness, and wondrous is His magnificence; through Him, all affairs are resolved. Nanak has met with the Perfect Guru; all his sorrows have been dispelled. || 4 || 5 ||

Friday 9th Phalgun (Samvat 535 Nanakshahi) (Page: 609)