Daily Hukamnam.....

DHANAASAREE, FIFTH MEHL:

Wherever I look, there I see Him present; He is never far away. He is all-pervading, everywhere; O my mind, meditate on Him forever. || 1 || He alone is called your companion, who will not be separated from you, here or hereafter. That pleasure, which passes away in an instant, is trivial. || Pause || He cherishes us, and gives us sustenance; He does not lack anything. With each and every breath, my God takes care of His creatures. || 2 || God is undeceiveable, impenetrable and infinite; His form is lofty and exalted. Chanting and meditating on the embodiment of wonder and beauty, His humble servants are in bliss. || 3 || Bless me with such understanding, O Merciful Lord God, that I might remember You. Nanak begs God for the gift of the dust of the feet of the Saints. || 4 || 3 || 27 ||

Saturday 10th Phalgun (Samvat 535 Nanakshahi) 21 February 2004 (Page : 677)

• Replies 308
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

SOOHEE, FIFTH MEHL:

Your life is slipping away, but you never even notice. You are constantly entangled in false attachments and conflicts. || 1 || Meditate, vibrate constantly, day and night, on the Lord. You shall be victorious in this priceless human life, in the Protection of the Lord’s Sanctuary. || 1 || Pause || You eagerly commit sins and practice corruption, but you do not enshrine the jewel of the Lord’s Name within your heart, even for an instant. || 2 || Feeding and pampering your body, your life is passing away, but you do not experience the state of victory of the Lord of the Universe. || 3 || So enter the Sanctuary of the All-powerful, Unfathomable Lord and Master. O God, O Searcher of hearts, please, save Nanak! || 4 || 27 || 33 ||

Sunday 11th Phalgun (Samvat 535 Nanakshahi) (Page : 743)

SOOHEE, FIRST MEHL, KAAFEE, TENTH HOUSE:

ONE UNIVERSAL CREATOR GOD. BY THE GRACE OF THE TRUE GURU:

This human birth is so difficult to obtain; the Gurmukh obtains it. The mind and body are dyed in the deep red color of devotional love, if it pleases the True Guru. || 1 || Hel departs with his life embellished and successful, taking the merchandise of the True Name. He is honored in the Darbaar, the Royal Court, of the Lord, through the Shabad, the Word of the True Guru, and the Fear of God. || 1 || Pause || One who praises the True Lord with his mind and body, pleases the Mind of the True Lord. Attuned to the Beloved Lord, the mind is appeased, and finds the Perfect Guru. || 2 || I live, by cherishing Your Glorious Virtues; You dwell deep within me. You dwell within my mind, and so it naturally celebrates in joyful delight. || 3 || O my foolish mind, how can I teach and instruct you? As Gurmukh, sing the Glorious Praises of the Lord, and so become attuned to His Love. || 4 || Continually, continuously, remember and cherish your Beloved Lord in your heart. For if you depart with virtue, then pain shall never afflict you. || 5 || The self-willed manmukh wanders around, deluded by doubt; he does not enshrine love for the Lord. He dies as a stranger to his own self, and his mind and body are spoiled. || 6 || Performing service to the Guru, you shall go home with the profit. Through the Word of the Guru’s Bani, and the Shabad, the Word of God, the state of Nirvaanaa is attained. || 7 || Nanak makes this one prayer: if it pleases Your Will, bless me with a home in Your Name, Lord, that I may sing Your Glorious Praises. || 8 || 1 || 3 ||

Monday 12th Phalgun (Samvat 535 Nanakshahi) (Page: 751)

BILAAVAL, 5th GURU :

Without the Lord, nothing is of any use. You are totally attached to that Enticer Maya; she is enticing you. || 1 || Pause || You shall have to leave behind your gold, your woman and your beautiful bed; you shall have to depart in an instant. You are entangled in the lures of sexual pleasures, and you are eating poisonous drugs. || 1 || You have built and adorned a palace of straw, and under it, you light a fire. Sitting all puffed-up in such a castle, you stubborn-minded fool, what do you think you will gain? || 2 || The five thieves stand over your head and seize you. Grabbing you by your hair, they will drive you on. You do not see them, you blind and ignorant fool; intoxicated with ego, you just keep sleeping. || 3 || The net has been spread out, and the bait has been scattered; like a bird, you are being trapped. Says Nanak, my bonds have been broken; I meditate on the True Guru, the Primal Being. || 4 || 2 || 88 ||

Tuesday 13th Phalgun (Samvat 535 Nanakshahi) (Page: 821)

RAAMKALEE, FIFTH MEHL:

Meditate on the Lord of the Universe, the Beloved Lord of the World. Meditating in remembrance on the Lord’s Name, you shall live, and the Great Death shall not consume you ever again. || 1 || Pause || Through millions of incarnations, you have come, wandering, wandering, wandering. By the highest destiny, you found the Saadh Sangat, the Company of the Holy. Without the Perfect Guru, no one is saved. This is what Baba Nanak says, after deep reflection. || 2 || 11 ||

Wednesday 14th Phalgun (Samvat 535 Nanakshahi) (Page: 885)

SHALOK, SECOND MEHL:

They know that they will have to depart, so why do they make such ostentatious displays? Those who do not know that they will have to depart, continue to arrange their affairs. || 1 || SECOND MEHL: He accumulates wealth during the night of his life, but in the morning, he must depart. O Nanak, it shall not go along with him, and so he regrets. || 2 || SECOND MEHL: Paying a fine under pressure, does not bring either merit or goodness. That alone is a good deed, O Nanak, which is done by one’s own free will. || 3 || SECOND MEHL: Stubborn-mindedness will not win the Lord to one’s side, no matter how much it is tried. The Lord is won over to your side, by offering Him your true love, O servant Nanak, and contemplating the Word of the Shabad. || 4 || PAUREE: The Creator created the world; He alone understands it. He Himself created the Universe, and He Himself shall destroy it afterwards. All have grown weary of wandering throughout the four ages, but none know the Lord’s worth. The True Guru has shown me the One Lord, and my mind and body are at peace. The Gurmukh praises the Lord forever; that alone happens, which the Creator Lord does. || 7 ||

Thursday 15th Phalgun (Samvat 535 Nanakshahi) (Page: 787)

BILAAVAL, FIFTH MEHL:

The Perfect Guru has has saved me. He has enshrined the Ambrosial Name of the Lord within my heart, and the filth of countless incarnations has been washed away. || 1 || Pause || The demons and wicked enemies are driven out, by meditating, and chanting the Chant of the Perfect Guru. What can any wretched creature do to me? The radiance of my God is gloriously great. || 1 || Meditating, meditating, meditating in remembrance, I have found peace; I have enshrined His Lotus Feet within my mind. Slave Nanak has entered His Sanctuary; there is none above Him. || 2 || 12 || 98 ||

Friday 16th Phalgun (Samvat 535 Nanakshahi) (Page: 823)

DHANAASAREE, FIFTH MEHL:

He alone is called a warrior, who is attached to the Lord’s Love in this age. Through the Perfect True Guru, he conquers his own soul, and then everything comes under his control. || 1 || Sing the Praises of the Lord and Master, with the love of your soul. Those who seek His Sanctuary, and meditate on the Naam, the Name of the Lord, are blended with the Lord in celestial peace. || 1 || Pause || The feet of the Lord’s humble servant abide in my heart; with them, my body is made pure. O treasure of mercy, please bless Nanak with the dust of the feet of Your humble servants; this alone brings peace. || 2 || 4 || 35 ||

Saturday 17th Phalgun (Samvat 535 Nanakshahi) (Page: 679)

DHANAASAREE, FIRST MEHL:

That union with the Lord is acceptable, which is united in intuitive poise. Thereafter, one does not die, and does not come and go in reincarnation. The Lord?s slave is in the Lord, and the Lord is in His slave. Wherever I look, I see none other than the Lord. || 1 || The Gurmukhs worship the Lord, and find His celestial home. Without meeting the Guru, they die, and come and go in reincarnation. || 1 || Pause || So make Him your Guru, who implants the Truth within you, who leads you to speak the Unspoken Speech, and who merges you in the Word of the Shabad. God?s people have no other work to do; they love the True Lord and Master, and they love the Truth. || 2 || The mind is in the body, and the True Lord is in the mind. Merging into the True Lord, one is absorbed into Truth. God?s servant bows at His feet. Meeting the True Guru, one meets with the Lord. || 3 || He Himself watches over us, and He Himself makes us see. He is not pleased by stubborn-mindedness, nor by various religious robes. He fashioned the body-vessels, and infused the Ambrosial Nectar into them; God?s Mind is pleased only by loving devotional worship. || 4 || Reading and studying, one becomes confused, and suffers punishment. By great cleverness, one is consigned to coming and going in reincarnation. One who chants the Naam, the Name of the Lord, and eats the food of the Fear of God becomes Gurmukh, the Lord?s servant, and remains absorbed in the Lord. || 5 || He worships stones, dwells at sacred shrines of pilgrimage and in the jungles, wanders, roams around and becomes a renunciate. But his mind is still filthy ? how can he become pure? One who meets the True Lord obtains honor. || 6 || One who embodies good conduct and contemplative meditation, his mind abides in intuitive poise and contentment, since the beginning of time, and throughout the ages. In the twinkling of an eye, he saves millions. Have mercy on me, O my Beloved, and let me meet the Guru. || 7 || Unto whom, O God, should I praise You? Without You, there is no other at all. As it pleases You, keep me under Your Will. Nanak, with intuitive poise and natural love, sings Your Glorious Praises. || 8 || 2 ||

Sunday 18th Phalgun (Samvat 535 Nanakshahi) (Page: 686)

SOOHEE, FIFTH MEHL:

When You stand over our heads, O Lord and Master, how can we suffer in pain? The mortal being does not know how to chant Your Name — he is intoxicated with the wine of Maya, and the thought of death does not even enter his mind. || 1 || O my Sovereign Lord, You belong to the Saints, and the Saints belong to You. Your servant is not afraid of anything; the Messenger of Death cannot even approach him. || 1 || Pause || Those who are attuned to Your Love, O my Lord and Master, are released from the pains of birth and death. No one can erase Your Blessings; the True Guru has given me this assurance. || 2 || Those who meditate on the Naam, the Name of the Lord, obtain the fruits of peace. Twenty-four hours a day, they worship and adore You. In Your Sanctuary, with Your Support, they subdue the five villains. || 3 || I know nothing about wisdom, meditation and good deeds; I know nothing about Your excellence. Guru Nanak is the greatest of all; He saved my honor in this Dark Age of Kali Yuga. || 4 || 10 || 57 ||

Monday 19th Phalgun (Samvat 535 Nanakshahi) (Page: 749)

SORATH, THIRD MEHL:

He alone is a Sikh, a friend, a relative and a sibling, who walks in the Way of the Guru?s Will. One who walks according to his own will, O Siblings of Destiny, suffers separation from the Lord, and shall be punished. Without the True Guru, peace is never obtained, O Siblings of Destiny; again and again, he regrets and repents. || 1 || The Lord?s slaves are happy, O Siblings of Destiny. The sins and sorrows of countless lifetimes are eradicated; the Lord Himself unites them in His Union. || Pause || All of these relatives are like chains upon the soul, O Siblings of Destiny; the world is deluded by doubt. Without the Guru, the chains cannot be broken; the Gurmukhs find the door of salvation. One who performs rituals without realizing the Word of the Guru?s Shabad, shall die and be reborn, again and again. || 2 || The world is entangled in egotism and possessiveness, O Siblings of Destiny, but no one belongs to anyone else. The Gurmukhs attain the Mansion of the Lord?s Presence, singing the Glories of the Lord; they dwell in the home of their own inner being. One who understands here, realizes himself; the Lord God belongs to him. || 3 || The True Guru is forever merciful, O Siblings of Destiny; without good destiny, what can anyone obtain? He looks alike upon all with His Glance of Grace, but people receive the fruits of their rewards according to their love for the Lord. O Nanak, when the Naam, the Name of the Lord, comes to dwell within the mind, then self-conceit is eradicated from within. || 4 || 6 ||

Tuesday 20th Phalgun (Samvat 535 Nanakshahi) (Page: 601)

SHALOK, THIRD MEHL:

Serving the Guru, peace is produced, and then, one does not suffer in pain. The cycle of birth and death is brought to an end, and death has no power over at all. His mind is imbued with the Lord, and he remains merged in the True Lord. O Nanak, I am a sacrifice to those who walk in the Way of the True Guru’s Will. || 1 || THIRD MEHL: Without the Word of the Shabad, purity is not obtained, even though the soul-bride may adorn herself with all sorts of decorations. She does not know the value of her Husband Lord; she is attached to the love of duality. She is impure, and ill-mannered, O Nanak; among women, she is the most evil woman. || 2 || PAUREE: Be kind to me, Lord, that I might chant the Word of Your Bani. May I meditate on the Lord’s Name, chant the Lord’s Name, and obtain the profit of the Lord’s Name. I am a sacrifice to those who chant the Name of the Lord, Har, Har, day and night. May I behold with my eyes those who worship and adore my Beloved True Guru. I am a sacrifice to my Guru, who has united me with my Lord, my friend, my very best friend. || 24 ||

Wednesday 21st Phalgun (Samvat 535 Nanakshahi) (Page: 651)

DHANAASAREE, FIFTH MEHL:

You are the Giver, O Lord, O Cherisher, my Master, my Husband Lord. Each and every moment, You cherish and nurture me; I am Your child, and I rely upon You alone. || 1 || I have only one tongue — which of Your Glorious Virtues can I describe? Unlimited, infinite Lord and Master — no one knows Your limits. || 1 || Pause || You destroy millions of my sins, and teach me in so many ways. I am so ignorant — I understand nothing at all. Please honor Your innate nature, and save me! || 2 || I seek Your Sanctuary — You are my only hope. You are my companion, and my best friend. Save me, O Merciful Saviour Lord; Nanak is the slave of Your home. || 3 || 12 ||

Thursday 22nd Phalgun (Samvat 535 Nanakshahi) (Page: 673)

JAITSREE, FOURTH MEHL:

The Lord’s Name does not abide within their hearts — their mothers should have been sterile. These bodies wander around, forlorn and abandoned, without the Name; their lives waste away, and they die, crying out in pain. || 1 || O my mind, chant the Name of the Lord, the Lord within you. The Merciful Lord God, Har, Har, has showered me with His Mercy; the Guru has imparted spiritual wisdom to me, and my mind has been instructed. || Pause || In this Dark Age of Kali Yuga, the Kirtan of the Lord’s Praise brings the most noble and exalted status; the Lord is found through the True Guru. I am a sacrifice to my True Guru, who has revealed the Lord’s hidden Name to me. || 2 || By great good fortune, I obtained the Blessed Vision of the Darshan of the Holy; it removes all stains of sin. I have found the True Guru, the great, all-knowing King; He has shared with me the many Glorious Virtues of the Lord. || 3 || Those, unto whom the Lord, the Life of the world, has shown Mercy, enshrine Him within their hearts, and cherish Him in their minds. The Righteous Judge of Dharma, in the Court of the Lord, has torn up my papers; servant Nanak’s account has been settled. || 4 || 5 ||

Friday 23rd Phalgun (Samvat 535 Nanakshahi) (Page : 697)

DHANAASAREE, FOURTH MEHL:

I am blind, totally blind, entangled in corruption and poison. How can I walk on the Guru’s Path? If the True Guru, the Giver of peace, shows His kindness, He attaches us to the hem of His robe. || 1 || O Sikhs of the Guru, O friends, walk on the Guru’s Path. Whatever the Guru says, accept that as good; the sermon of the Lord, Har, Har, is unique and wonderful. || 1 || Pause || O Saints of the Lord, O Siblings of Destiny, listen: serve the Guru, quickly now! Let your service to the True Guru be your supplies on the Lord’s Path; pack them up, and don’t think of today or tomorrow. || 2 || O Saints of the Lord, chant the chant of the Lord’s Name; the Lord’s Saints walk with the Lord. Those who meditate on the Lord, become the Lord; the playful, wondrous Lord meets them. || 3 || To chant the chant of the Lord’s Name, Har, Har, is the longing I long for; have Mercy upon me, O Lord of the world-forest. O Lord, unite servant Nanak with the Saadh Sangat, the Company of the Holy; make me the dust of the feet of the Holy. || 4 || 4 ||

Saturday 24th Phalgun (Samvat 535 Nanakshahi) (Page: 667)

DHANAASAREE, FIFTH MEHL:

He alone is called a warrior, who is attached to the Lord’s Love in this age. Through the Perfect True Guru, he conquers his own soul, and then everything comes under his control. || 1 || Sing the Praises of the Lord and Master, with the love of your soul. Those who seek His Sanctuary, and meditate on the Naam, the Name of the Lord, are blended with the Lord in celestial peace. || 1 || Pause || The feet of the Lord’s humble servant abide in my heart; with them, my body is made pure. O treasure of mercy, please bless Nanak with the dust of the feet of Your humble servants; this alone brings peace. || 2 || 4 || 35 ||

Sunday 25th Phalgun (Samvat 535 Nanakshahi) (Page: 679)

SORAT’H, THIRD MEHL, FIRST HOUSE, TI-TUKAS:

You always preserve the honor of Your devotees, O Dear Lord; You have protected them from the very beginning of time. You protected Your servant Prahlaad, O Dear Lord, and annihilated Harnaakhash. The Gurmukhs place their faith in the Dear Lord, but the self-willed manmukhs are deluded by doubt. || 1 || O Dear Lord, this is Your Glory. You preserve the honor of Your devotees, O Lord Master; Your devotees seek Your Sanctuary. || Pause || The Messenger of Death cannot touch Your devotees; death cannot even approach them. The Name of the Lord alone abides in their minds; through the Naam, the Name of the Lord, they find liberation. Wealth and all the spiritual powers of the Siddhis fall at the feet of the Lord’s devotees; they obtain peace and poise from the Guru. || 2 || The self-willed manmukhs have no faith; they are filled with greed and self-interest. They are not Gurmukh — they do not understand the Word of the Shabad in their hearts; they do not love the Naam, the Name of the Lord. Their masks of falsehood and hypocrisy shall fall off; the self-willed manmukhs speak with insipid words. || 3 || You are pervading through Your devotees, O Dear God; through Your devotees, You are known.All the people are enticed by Maya; they are Yours, Lord — You alone are the Architect of Destiny. Overcoming my egotism and quieting the desires within my mind, I have come to realize the Word of the Guru’s Shabad. || 4 || God automatically does the work of those who love the Name of the Lord. By Guru’s Grace, he ever dwells in their minds, and He resolves all their affairs. Whoever challenges them is destroyed; they have the Lord God as their Savior. || 5 || Without serving the True Guru, no one finds the Lord; the self-willed manmukhs die crying out in pain. They come and go, and find no place of rest; in pain and suffering, they perish. But one who becomes Gurmukh drinks in the Ambrosial Nectar, and is easily absorbed in the True Name. || 6 || Without serving the True Guru, one cannot escape reincarnation, even by performing numerous rituals. Those who read the Vedas, and argue and debate without the Lord, lose their honor. True is the True Guru, and True is the Word of His Bani; in the Guru’s Sanctuary, one is saved. || 7 || Those whose minds are filled with the Lord are judged as true in the Court of the Lord; they are hailed as true in the True Court. Their praises echo throughout the ages, and no one can erase them. Nanak is forever a sacrifice to those who enshrine the Lord within their hearts. || 8 || 1 ||

Monday 26th Phalgun (Samvat 535 Nanakshahi) (Page: 637)

SORAT’H, FIFTH MEHL, SECOND HOUSE, ASHTAPADEES:

They read scriptures, and contemplate the Vedas; they practice the inner cleansing techniques of Yoga, and control of the breath. But they cannot escape from the company of the five passions; they are increasingly bound to egotism. || 1 || O Beloved, this is not the way to meet the Lord; I have performed these rituals so many times. I have collapsed, exhausted, at the Door of my Lord Master; I pray that He may grant me a discerning intellect. || Pause || One may remain silent and use his hands as begging bowls, and wander naked in the forest. He may make pilgrimages to river banks and sacred shrines all over the world, but his sense of duality will not leave him. || 2 || His mind’s desires may lead him to go and dwell at sacred places of pilgrimage, and offer his head to be sawn off; but this will not cause the filth of his mind to depart, even though he may make thousands of efforts. || 3 || He may give gifts of all sorts — gold, women, horses and elephants. He may make offerings of corn, clothes and land in abundance, but this will not lead him to the Lord’s Door. || 4 || He may remain devoted to worship and adoration, bowing his forehead to the floor, practicing the six religious rituals. He indulges in egotism and pride, and falls into entanglements, but he does not meet the Lord by these devices. || 5 || He practices the eighty-four postures of Yoga, and acquires the supernatural powers of the Siddhas, but he gets tired of practicing these. He lives a long life, but is reincarnated again and again; he has not met with the Lord. || 6 || He may enjoy princely pleasures, and regal pomp and ceremony, and issue unchallenged commands. He may lie on beautiful beds, perfumed with sandalwood oil, but this will led him only to the gates of the most horrible hell. || 7 || Singing the Kirtan of the Lord’s Praises in the Saadh Sangat, the Company of the Holy, is the highest of all actions. Says Nanak, he alone obtains it, who is pre-destined to receive it. || 8 || Your slave is intoxicated with this Love of Yours. The Destroyer of the pains of the poor has become merciful to me, and this mind is imbued with the Praises of the Lord, Har, Har. || Second Pause || 1 || 3 ||

Tuesday 27th Phalgun (Samvat 535 Nanakshahi) (Page: 641)

JAITSREE, FOURTH MEHL:

The Lord’s Name does not abide within their hearts — their mothers should have been sterile. These bodies wander around, forlorn and abandoned, without the Name; their lives waste away, and they die, crying out in pain. || 1 || O my mind, chant the Name of the Lord, the Lord within you. The Merciful Lord God, Har, Har, has showered me with His Mercy; the Guru has imparted spiritual wisdom to me, and my mind has been instructed. || Pause || In this Dark Age of Kali Yuga, the Kirtan of the Lord’s Praise brings the most noble and exalted status; the Lord is found through the True Guru. I am a sacrifice to my True Guru, who has revealed the Lord’s hidden Name to me. || 2 || By great good fortune, I obtained the Blessed Vision of the Darshan of the Holy; it removes all stains of sin. I have found the True Guru, the great, all-knowing King; He has shared with me the many Glorious Virtues of the Lord. || 3 || Those, unto whom the Lord, the Life of the world, has shown Mercy, enshrine Him within their hearts, and cherish Him in their minds. The Righteous Judge of Dharma, in the Court of the Lord, has torn up my papers; servant Nanak’s account has been settled. || 4 || 5 ||

Wednesday 28th Phalgun (Samvat 535 Nanakshahi) (Page : 697)

TODEE, FIFTH MEHL:

I have enshrined the Lord’s Feet within my heart. Contemplating my Lord and Master, my True Guru, all my affairs have been resolved. || 1 || Pause || The merits of giving donations to charity and devotional worship come from the Kirtan of the Praises of the Transcendent Lord; this is the true essence of wisdom. Singing the Praises of the unapproachable, infinite Lord and Master, I have found immeasurable peace. || 1 || The Supreme Lord God does not consider the merits and demerits of those humble beings whom He makes His own. Hearing, chanting and meditating on the jewel of the Naam, I live; Nanak wears the Lord as his necklace. || 2 || 11 || 30 ||

Friday 30th Phalgun (Samvat 535 Nanakshahi) (Page: 718)

SORAT’H, FIFTH MEHL, THIRD HOUSE, DU-PADAS:

Bathing in the nectar tank of Ram Das, the residues of all sins are erased. One becomes immaculately pure, taking this cleansing bath. The Perfect Guru has bestowed this gift. || 1 || God has blessed all with peace and pleasure. Everything is safe and sound, as we contemplate the Word of the Guru’s Shabad. || Pause || In the Saadh Sangat, the Company of the Holy, filth is washed off. The Supreme Lord God has become our friend and helper. Nanak meditates on the Naam, the Name of the Lord. He has found God, the Primal Being. || 2 || 1 || 65 ||

Saturday 31st Phalgun (Samvat 535 Nanakshahi) (Page: 625)

DHANAASAREE, FIFTH MEHL, TWELFTH HOUSE:

I bow in reverence to the Lord, I bow in reverence. I sing the Glorious Praises of the Lord, my King. || Pause || By great good fortune, one meets the Divine Guru. Millions of sins are erased by serving the Lord. || 1 || One whose mind is imbued with the Lord’s lotus feet is not afflicted by the fire of sorrow. || 2 || He crosses over the world-ocean in the Saadh Sangat, the Company of the Holy. He chants the Name of the Fearless Lord, and is imbued with the Lord’s Love. || 3 || One who does not steal the wealth of others, who does not commit evil deeds or sinful acts — the Messenger of Death does not even approach him. || 4 || God Himself quenches the fires of desire. O Nanak, in God’s Sanctuary, one is saved. || 5 || 1 || 55 ||

Sunday 1st Chayt (Samvat 536 Nanakshahi) (Page: 683)

DHANAASAREE, FIFTH MEHL:

You are the Giver, O Lord, O Cherisher, my Master, my Husband Lord. Each and every moment, You cherish and nurture me; I am Your child, and I rely upon You alone. || 1 || I have only one tongue ? which of Your Glorious Virtues can I describe? Unlimited, infinite Lord and Master ? no one knows Your limits. || 1 || Pause || You destroy millions of my sins, and teach me in so many ways. I am so ignorant ? I understand nothing at all. Please honor Your innate nature, and save me! || 2 || I seek Your Sanctuary ? You are my only hope. You are my companion, and my best friend. Save me, O Merciful Saviour Lord; Nanak is the slave of Your home. || 3 || 12 ||

Monday 2nd Chayt (Samvat 536 Nanakshahi) 15 March, 2004 (Page: 673)

TODEE, FIFTH MEHL:

Forgetting the Lord, one is ruined forever. How can anyone be deceived, who has Your Support, O Lord? || Pause || Without meditating in remembrance on the Lord, life is like a burning fire, even if one lives long, like a snake. One may rule over the nine regions of the earth, but in the end, he shall have to depart, losing the game of life. || 1 || He alone sings the Glorious Praises of the Lord, the treasure of virtue, upon whom the Lord showers His Grace. He is at peace, and his birth is blessed; Nanak is a sacrifice to him. || 2 || 2 ||

Tuesday 3rd Chayt (Samvat 536 Nanakshahi) 16 March, 2004 (Page: 711)

SOOHEE, FOURTH MEHL:

The Lord’s Name is the Love of the Lord. The Lord’s Love is the permanent color. When the Guru is totally satisfied and pleased, He colors us with the Lord’s Love; this color shall never fade away. || 1 || O my mind, enshrine love for the Name of the Lord. The Guru, satisfied and pleased, taught me about the Lord, and my Sovereign Lord King met with me at once. || 1 || Pause || The self-willed manmukh is like the ignorant bride, who comes and goes again and again in reincarnation. The Lord God does not come into her consciousness, and her mind is stuck in the love of duality. || 2 || I am full of filth, and I practice evil deeds; O Lord, save me, be with me, merge me into Your Being! The Guru has bathed me in the pool of Ambrosial Nectar, and the dirty residues of all my sins and mistakes have been washed away. || 3 || O Lord God, Merciful to the meek and the poor, please unite me with the Sat Sangat, the True Congregation. Joining the Sangat, servant Nanak has obtained the Lord’s Love; my mind and body are drenched in it. || 4 || 3 ||

Wednesday 4th Chayt (Samvat 536 Nanakshahi) 17 March, 2004 (Page: 731)