Phd Research Into British Sikhs (18-30)

jasjitsingh

Dear Cyber-Sangat

Waheguru Ji Ka Khalsa

Waheguru Ji Ki Fateh

My name is Jasjit Singh, a PhD Researcher from the University of Leeds studying the Transmission of Sikhism among young British Sikhs. My research is investigating:

What understanding British Sikhs in the age range 18-30 have of Sikhism.

What drives young British Sikhs to organise and attend Sikhism related events.

What sources of authority young British Sikhs draw on.

How young British Sikh acquire their knowledge of Sikh tradition, belief and practice.

The research will seek to understand how young British Sikhs (18-30) are learning about Sikhism and will focus on the role of Gurdwaras, Camps/Youth Events and the Internet.

As part of this research I have put together an online survey. I would really appreciate it if those of you who qualify could fill this survey in:

http://www.survey.leeds.ac.uk/sikhs

Many Thanks. Any questions please get in touch.

Waheguru Ji Ka Khalsa

Waheguru Ji Ki Fateh

Jasjit.

PS ADMIN - COULD THIS POST PLEASE BE MADE INTO A STICKY. THANKS A LOT.

PPS Further details are on my website (http://www.personal.leeds.ac.uk/~trs5j2s/)

• 1 year later...

Jasjit singh Ji,

Were you on the religious programme on Radio 4 (Tuesday 4.30) recently regarding religious texts ????

I thought you handled yourself very well and you came across very well.

Sorry, the only criticism I would make is that you never brought out the fact that Guru Granth Sahib Ji

is the divine word, that when Guru Nanak Dev Ji composed gurbani it was not Guru Ji's work but was

coming straight from God. This was a very important point which I think was missed (unless you made this point

in the last ten minutes or so which I missed). The Muslin said that the qran was dictated to Mohammad saab

by the Angel Gabrial but was the word of God, the christians said theirs was not the exact word of God.

But for Sikhs Guru Granth Sahib Ji is the true word of God as it is "dhur ki banni".

Apart from that you were brilliant.