56 years ago

"56 years ago I joined the 15th Ludhiana Sikhs in Loralai, Baluchistan and at once became imbued with the teachings and the life of Guru Nanak. The Sikh Gurus, the Sikh religion, the Gurudwara, the Granth Sahib became part of my life. The British and Sikh officers of the Regiment were convinced that religion was an important factor in the make-up of a good soldier and we fostered that in every way possible."

(An extract from a speech made by Brigadier the Rt.Hon.Sir John Smyth, Bt.VC at a celebration of the 500th Birthday Anniversary of Guru Nanak at Grosvenor House in Park Lane in December, 1969)

Emergency Sahib of Queen's, Sikhs and the Dagger Division, Robin Schlaefli

:wink: I will be posting more

MODERATORS SUGGESTION FOR AN ENTIRE SECTION THREAD DEVOUTED TO 1850'S- WW1/2-Present Sikhs,covering The British and Indian Army Predomiantly Sikhs of course. Sections of Photo's,quotes and and journals that the sangat has to share,ie: We build an entire section of authentic works for everyone to see

MODERATORS SUGGESTION FOR AN ENTIRE SECTION THREAD DEVOUTED TO 1850'S- WW1/2-Present Sikhs,covering The British and Indian Army Predomiantly Sikhs of course. Sections of Photo's,quotes and and journals that the sangat has to share,ie: We build an entire section of authentic works for everyone to see

I got tonns of Photos of WW1 and WW2

Soliders.jpg

Check this out. I got few more photos from this event.