Daily Hukamnam.....

DHANAASAREE, DEVOTEE RAVI DAAS JEE:

ONE UNIVERSAL CREATOR GOD. BY THE GRACE OF THE TRUE GURU:

There is none as forlorn as I am, and none as Compassionate as You; what need is there to test us now? May my mind surrender to Your Word; please, bless Your humble servant with this perfection. || 1 || I am a sacrifice, a sacrifice to the Lord. O Lord, why are You silent? || Pause || For so many incarnations, I have been separated from You, Lord; I dedicate this life to You. Says Ravi Daas: placing my hopes in You, I live; it is so long since I have gazed upon the Blessed Vision of Your Darshan. || 2 || 1 ||

Tuesday, 21 Assu (Samvat 536 Nanakshahi) (Page: 694)

• Replies 308
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

SOOHEE, FOURTH MEHL:

All that happens, and all that will happen, is by His Will. If we could do something by ourselves, we would. By ourselves, we cannot do anything at all. As it pleases the Lord, He preserves us. || 1 || O my Dear Lord, everything is in Your power. I have no power to do anything at all. As it pleases You, You forgive us. || 1 || Pause || You Yourself bless us with soul, body and everything. You Yourself cause us to act. As You issue Your Commands, so do we act, according to our pre-ordained destiny. || 2 || You created the entire Universe out of the five elements; if anyone can create a sixth, let him. You unite some with the True Guru, and cause them to understand, while others, the self-willed manmukhs, do their deeds and cry out in pain. || 3 || I cannot describe the glorious greatness of the Lord; I am foolish, thoughtless, idiotic and lowly. Please, forgive servant Nanak, O my Lord and Master; I am ignorant, but I have entered Your Sanctuary. || 4 || 4 || 15 || 24 ||

Wednesday, 22 Assu (Samvat 536 Nanakshahi) (Page: 736)

TODEE, FIFTH MEHL:

Without understanding, his coming into the world is useless. He puts on various ornaments and many decorations, but it is like dressing a corpse. || Pause || With great effort and exertion, the miser works to gather in the riches of Maya. He does not give anything in charity or generosity, and he does not serve the Saints; his wealth does not do him any good at all. || 1 || The soul-bride puts on her ornaments, embellishes her bed, and fashions decorations. But if she does not obtain the company of her Husband Lord, the sight of these decorations only brings her pain. || 2 || The man works all day long, threshing the husks with the pestle. He is depressed, like a forced laborer, and so he is of no use to his own home. || 3 || But when God shows His Mercy and Grace, He implants the Naam, the Name of the Lord, within the heart. Search the Saadh Sangat, the Company of the Holy, O Nanak, and find the sublime essence of the Lord. || 4 || 2 || 4 ||

Thursday, 23 Assu (Samvat 536 Nanakshahi) (Page: 712)

SOOHEE, THIRD MEHL:

The soul-bride may wander throughout the four ages, but still, without the True Guru, she will not find her True Husband Lord. The Kingdom of the Lord is permanent, and forever unchanging; there is no other than Him. There is no other than Him — He is True forever; the Gurmukh knows the One Lord. That soul-bride, whose mind accepts the Guru’s Teachings, meets her Husband Lord. Meeting the True Guru, she finds the Lord; without the Lord’s Name, there is no liberation. O Nanak, the soul-bride ravishes and enjoys her Husband Lord; her mind accepts Him, and she finds peace. || 1 || Serve the True Guru, O young and innocent bride; thus you shall obtain the Lord as your Husband. You shall be the virtuous and happy bride of the True Lord forever; and you shall never again wear soiled clothes. Your clothes shall never again be soiled; how rare are those few, who, as Gurmukh, recognize this, and conquer their ego. So make your practice the practice of good deeds; merge into the Word of the Shabad, and deep within, come to know the One Lord. The Gurmukh enjoys God, day and night, and so obtains true glory. O Nanak, the soul-bride enjoys and ravishes her Beloved; God is pervading and permeating everywhere. || 2 || Serve the Guru, O young and innocent soul-bride, and he will lead to you meet your Husband Lord. The bride is imbued with the Love of her Lord; meeting with her Beloved, she finds peace. Meeting her Beloved, she finds peace, and merges in the True Lord; the True Lord is pervading everywhere. The bride makes Truth her decorations, day and night, and remains absorbed in the True Lord. The Lord, the Giver of peace, is realized through His Shabad; He hugs His bride close in His embrace. O Nanak, the bride obtains the Mansion of His Presence; through the Guru’s Teachings, she finds her Lord. || 3 || The Primal Lord, my God, has united His young and innocent bride with Himself. Through the Guru’s Teachings, her heart is illumined and enlightened; God is permeating and pervading everywhere. God is permeating and pervading everywhere; He dwells in her mind, and she realizes her pre-ordained destiny. On his cozy bed, she is pleasing to my God; she fashions her decorations of Truth. The bride is immaculate and pure; she washes away the filth of egotism, and through the Guru’s Teachings, she merges in the True Lord. O Nanak, the Creator Lord blends her into Himself, and she obtains the nine treasure of the Naam. || 4 || 3 || 4 ||

Friday, 24 Assu (Samvat 536 Nanakshahi) (Page: 769)

• 3 weeks later...

SHALOK, THIRD MEHL:

The elephant offers its head to the reins, and the anvil offers itself to the hammer; just so, we offer our minds and bodies to our Guru; we stand before Him, and serve Him. This is how the Gurmukhs eliminate their self-conceit, and come to rule the whole world. O Nanak, the Gurmukh understands, when the Lord casts His Glance of Grace. II 1 II THIRD MEHL: Blessed and approved is the coming into the world, of those Gurmukhs who meditate on the Naam, the Name of the Lord. O Nanak, they save their families, and they are honored in the Court of the Lord. II 2 II PAUREE: The Guru unites His Sikhs, the Gurmukhs, with the Lord. The Guru keeps some of them with Himself, and engages others in His Service. Those who cherish their Beloved in their conscious minds, the Guru blesses them with His Love. The Guru loves all of His Gursikhs equally well, like friends, children and siblings. So chant the Name of the Guru, the True Guru, everyone! Chanting the Name of the Guru, Guru, you shall be rejuvenated. II 14 II

Tuesday, 12 Katak (Samvat 536 Nanakshahi) (Page: 647)

DHANAASAREE, THE WORD OF DEVOTEE NAAM DAYV JEE:

They dig deep foundations, and build lofty palaces. Can anyone live longer than Markanda, who passed his days with only a handful of straw upon his head? || 1 || The Creator Lord is our only friend. O man, why are you so proud? This body is only temporary — it shall pass away. || 1 || Pause || The Kaurvas, who had brothers like Duryodhan, used to proclaim, “This is ours! This is ours!†Their royal procession extended over sixty miles, and yet their bodies were eaten by vultures. || 2 || Sri Lanka was totally rich with gold; was anyone greater than its ruler Raavan? What happened to the elephants, tethered at his gate? In an instant, it all belonged to someone else. || 3 || The Yaadvas deceived Durbaasaa, and received their rewards. The Lord has shown mercy to His humble servant, and now Naam Dayv sings the Glorious Praises of the Lord. || 4 || 1 ||

Sunday, 17 Katak (Samvat 536 Nanakshahi) (Page: 692)

SORAT’H, FIFTH MEHL:

The Perfect Guru has dispelled the fever. The unstruck melody of the sound current resounds. God has bestowed all comforts. In His Mercy, He Himself has given them. || 1 || The True Guru Himself has eradicated the disease. All the Sikhs and Saints are filled with joy, meditating on the Name of the Lord, Har, Har. || Pause || They obtain that which they ask for. God gives to His Saints. God saved Hargobind. Servant Nanak speaks the Truth. || 2 || 6 || 70 ||

Monday, 18 Katak (Samvat 536 Nanakshahi) (Page: 626)

SORAT’H, FIFTH MEHL:

The Perfect Guru has dispelled the fever. The unstruck melody of the sound current resounds. God has bestowed all comforts. In His Mercy, He Himself has given them. || 1 || The True Guru Himself has eradicated the disease. All the Sikhs and Saints are filled with joy, meditating on the Name of the Lord, Har, Har. || Pause || They obtain that which they ask for. God gives to His Saints. God saved Hargobind. Servant Nanak speaks the Truth. || 2 || 6 || 70 ||

Monday, 18 Katak (Samvat 536 Nanakshahi) (Page 626)

DHANAASAREE, FIFTH MEHL:

Wherever I look, there I see Him present; He is never far away. He is all-pervading, everywhere; O my mind, meditate on Him forever. || 1 || He alone is called your companion, who will not be separated from you, here or hereafter. That pleasure, which passes away in an instant, is trivial. || Pause || He cherishes us, and gives us sustenance; He does not lack anything. With each and every breath, my God takes care of His creatures. || 2 || God is undeceiveable, impenetrable and infinite; His form is lofty and exalted. Chanting and meditating on the embodiment of wonder and beauty, His humble servants are in bliss. || 3 || Bless me with such understanding, O Merciful Lord God, that I might remember You. Nanak begs God for the gift of the dust of the feet of the Saints. || 4 || 3 || 27 ||

Thursday, 21 Katak (Samvat 536 Nanakshahi) (Page : 677)

• 2 weeks later...

SORAT’H, FIFTH MEHL:

Friday, 29 Katak (Samvat 536 Nanakshahi) (Page: 626)

JAITSREE, FOURTH MEHL:

He Himself is the Yogi, and the way throughout the ages. The Fearless Lord Himself is absorbed in Samaadhi. He Himself, all by Himself, is all-pervading; He Himself blesses us with sincere love for the Naam, the Name of the Lord. || 1 || He Himself is the lamp, and the Light pervading all the worlds. He Himself is the True Guru; He Himself churns the ocean. He Himself churns it, churning up the essence; meditating on the jewel of the Naam, sincere love comes to the surface. || 2 || O my companions, let us meet and join together, and sing His Glorious Praises. As Gurmukh, chant the Naam, and earn the profit of the Lord’s Name. Devotional worship of the Lord, Har, Har, has been implanted within me; it is pleasing to my mind. The Name of the Lord, Har, Har, brings a sincere love.|| 3 || He Himself is supremely wise, the greatest King. As Gurmukh, purchase the merchandise of the Naam. O Lord God, Har, Har, bless me with such a gift, that Your Glorious Virtues seem pleasing to me; Nanak is filled with sincere love and yearning for the Lord. || 4 || 4 || 10 ||

Thursday, 5 Maghar (Samvat 536 Nanakshahi) (Page: 699)

RAAG SORAT’H, THE WORD OF DEVOTEE BHEEKHAN JEE,

Tears well up in my eyes, my body has become weak, and my hair has become milky-white. My throat is tight, and I cannot utter even one word; what can I do now? I am a mere mortal. || 1 || O Lord, my King, Gardener of the world-garden, be my Physician, and save me, Your Saint. || 1 || Pause || My head aches, my body is burning, and my heart is filled with anguish. Such is the disease that has struck me; there is no medicine to cure it. || 2 || The Name of the Lord, the ambrosial, immaculate water, is the best medicine in the world. By Guru’s Grace, says servant Bheekhan, I have found the Door of Salvation. || 3 || 1 ||

Friday, 6 Maghar (Samvat 536 Nanakshahi) (Page: 659)

• 2 months later...

RAAG SOOHEE, ASHTAPADEES, FOURTH MEHL, SECOND HOUSE:

If only someone would come, and lead me to meet my Darling Beloved; I would sell myself to him. || 1 || I long for the Blessed Vision of the Lord’s Darshan. When the Lord shows Mercy unto me, then I meet the True Guru; I meditate on the Name of the Lord, Har, Har. || 1 || Pause || If You will bless me with happiness, then I will worship and adore You. Even in pain, I will meditate on You. || 2 || Even if You give me hunger, I will still feel satisfied; I am joyful, even in the midst of sorrow. || 3 || I would cut my mind and body apart into pieces, and offer them all to You; I would burn myself in fire. || 4 || I wave the fan over You, and carry water for You; whatever You give me, I take. || 5 || Poor Nanak has fallen at the Lord’s Door; please, O Lord, unite me with Yourself, by Your Glorious Greatness. || 6 || Taking out my eyes, I place them at Your Feet; after travelling over the entire earth, I have come to understand this. || 7 || If You seat me near You, then I worship and adore You. Even if You beat me and drive me out, I will still meditate on You. || 8 || If people praise me, the praise is Yours. Even if they slander me, I will not leave You. || 9 || If You are on my side, then anyone can say anything. But if I were to forget You, then I would die. || 10 || I am a sacrifice, a sacrifice to my Guru; falling at His Feet, I surrender to the Saintly Guru. || 11 || Poor Nanak has gone insane, longing for the Blessed Vision of the Lord’s Darshan. || 12 || Even in violent storms and torrential rain, I go out to catch a glimpse of my Guru. || 13 || Even though the oceans and the salty seas are very vast, the GurSikh will cross over it to get to his Guru. || 14 || Just as the mortal dies without water, so does the Sikh die without the Guru. || 15 || Just as the earth looks beautiful when the rain falls, so does the Sikh blossom forth meeting the Guru. || 16 || I long to be the servant of Your servants; I call upon You reverently in prayer. || 17 || Nanak offers this prayer to the Lord, that he may meet the Guru, and find peace. || 18 || You Yourself are the Guru, and You Yourself are the chaylaa, the disciple; through the Guru, I meditate on You. || 19 || Those who serve You, become You. You preserve the honor of Your servants. || 20 || O Lord, Your devotional worship is a treasure over-flowing. One who loves You, is blessed with it. || 21 || That humble being alone receives it, unto whom You bestow it. All other clever tricks are fruitless. || 22 || Remembering, remembering, remembering my Guru in meditation, my sleeping mind is awakened. || 23 || Poor Nanak begs for this one blessing, that he may become the slave of the slaves of the Lord. || 24 || Even if the Guru rebukes me, He still seems very sweet to me. And if He actually forgives me, that is the Guru’s greatness. || 25 || That which Gurmukh speaks is certified and approved. Whatever the self-willed manmukh says is not accepted. || 26 || Even in the cold, the frost and the snow, the GurSikh still goes out to see his Guru. || 27 || All day and night, I gaze upon my Guru; I install the Guru’s Feet in my eyes. || 28 || I make so many efforts for the sake of the Guru; only that which pleases the Guru is accepted and approved. || 29 || Night and day, I worship the Guru’s Feet in adoration; have Mercy upon me, O my Lord and Master. || 30 || The Guru is Nanak’s body and soul; meeting the Guru, he is satisfied and satiated. || 31 || Nanak’s God is perfectly permeating and all-pervading. Here and there and everywhere, the Lord of the Universe. || 32 || 1 ||

Monday, 26 Maagh (Samvat 536 Nanakshahi) (Page: 757)

• 2 weeks later...

today this hukamnama gave me the inspiration and power to continue

thank you maharaaj 4 blessing us with your love

thank you 4 this amazing hukamnana

DHANAASAREE, FIRST MEHL, CHHANT:

Why should I bathe at sacred shrines of pilgrimage? The Naam, the Name of the Lord, is the sacred shrine of pilgrimage. My sacred shrine of pilgrimage is spiritual wisdom within, and contemplation on the Word of the Shabad. The spiritual wisdom given by the Guru is the True sacred shrine of pilgrimage, where the ten festivals are always observed. I constantly beg for the Name of the Lord; grant it to me, O God, Sustainer of the world. The world is sick, and the Naam is the medicine to cure it; without the True Lord, filth sticks to it. The Guru’s Word is immaculate and pure; it radiates a steady Light. Constantly bathe in such a true shrine of pilgrimage. || 1 || Filth does not stick to the true ones; what filth do they have to wash off? If one strings a garland of virtues for oneself, what is there to cry for? One who conquers his own self through contemplation is saved, and saves others as well; he does not come to be born again. The supreme meditator is Himself the philosopher’s stone, which transforms lead into gold. The true man is pleasing to the True Lord. He is in ecstasy, truly happy, night and day; his sorrows and sins are taken away. He finds the True Name, and beholds the Guru; with the True Name in his mind, no filth sticks to him. || 2 || O friend, association with the Holy is the perfect cleansing bath. The singer who sings the Lord’s Praises is adorned with the Word of the Shabad. Worship the True Lord, and believe in the True Guru; this brings the merit of making donations to charity, kindness and compassion. The soul-bride who loves to be with her Husband Lord bathes at the Triveni, the sacred place where the Ganges, Jamuna and Saraswaati Rivers converge, the Truest of the True. Worship and adore the One Creator, the True Lord, who constantly gives, whose gifts continually increase. Salvation is attained by associating with the Society of the Saints, O friend; granting His Grace, God unites us in His Union. || 3 || Everyone speaks and talks; how great should I say He is? I am foolish, lowly and ignorant; it is only through the Guru’s Teachings that I understand. True are the Teachings of the Guru. His Words are Ambrosial Nectar; my mind is pleased and appeased by them. Loaded down with corruption and sin, people depart, and then come back again; the True Shabad is found through my Guru. There is no end to the treasure of devotion; the Lord is pervading everywhere. Nanak utters this true prayer; one who purifies his mind is True. || 4 || 1 ||

Desi Baba u said it

Maharaaj today I felt I couldn't go on yet your Hukamnama kicked me back into life...

One of those days after sangat - where you feel the drain once you leave sangat.

Maharaaaj how can a Paapi like me even begin to describe your greatness...Maharaaj!

soohee mehalaa 4 ||

Soohee, Fourth Mehl:

har naamaa har ra(n)n(g) hai har ra(n)n(g) majeet(h)ai ra(n)n(g) ||

The Lord's Name is the Love of the Lord. The Lord's Love is the permanent color.

gur thut(h)ai har ra(n)g chaarriaa fir bahurr n hovee bha(n)n(g) ||1||

When the Guru is totally satisfied and pleased, He colors us with the Lord's Love; this color shall never fade away. ||1||

maerae man har raam naam kar ra(n)n(g) ||

O my mind, enshrine love for the Name of the Lord.

gur thut(h)ai har oupadhaesiaa har bhaettiaa raao nisa(n)n(g) ||1|| rehaao ||

The Guru, satisfied and pleased, taught me about the Lord, and my Sovereign Lord King met with me at once. ||1||Pause||

mu(n)dhh eiaanee manamukhee fir aavan jaanaa a(n)n(g) ||

The self-willed manmukh is like the ignorant bride, who comes and goes again and again in reincarnation.

har prabh chith n aaeiou man dhoojaa bhaao sehala(n)n(g) ||2||

The Lord God does not come into her consciousness, and her mind is stuck in the love of duality. ||2||

ham mail bharae dhuhachaareeaa har raakhahu a(n)gee a(n)n(g) ||

I am full of filth, and I practice evil deeds; O Lord, save me, be with me, merge me into Your Being!

gur a(n)mrith sar navalaaeiaa sabh laathhae kilavikh pa(n)n(g) ||3||

The Guru has bathed me in the pool of Ambrosial Nectar, and all my dirty sins and mistakes have been washed away. ||3||

har dheenaa dheen dhaeiaal prabh sathasa(n)gath maelahu sa(n)n(g) ||

O Lord God, Merciful to the meek and the poor, please unite me with the Sat Sangat, the True Congregation.

mil sa(n)gath har ra(n)g paaeiaa jan naanak man than ra(n)n(g) ||4||3||

Joining the Sangat, servant Nanak has obtained the Lord's Love; my mind and body are drenched in it. ||4||3||

• 1 month later...

WADAHANS, FOURTH MEHL:

The body is the Lord’s horse, imbued with the fresh and new color. From the Guru, I ask for the Lord’s spiritual wisdom. I ask for the Lord’s spiritual wisdom, and the Lord’s sublime sermon; through the Name of the Lord, I have come to know His value and His state. The Creator has made my whole life fruitful; I chant the Name of the Lord. The Lord’s humble servant begs for the Lord’s Name, for the Lord’s Praises, and for devotional worship of the Lord God. Says servant Nanak, listen, O Saints: devotional worship of the Lord, the Lord of the Universe, is good and sublime. || 1 || The golden body is adorned with the saddle of gold. It is adorned with the jewel of the Name of the Lord, Har, Har. Adorned with the jewel of the Naam, one obtains the Lord of the Universe; he meets the Lord and sings the Glorious Praises of the Lord, obtaining all sorts of comforts. He obtains the Word of the Guru’s Shabad, and meditates on the Name of the Lord; by great good fortune, he assumes the color of the Lord’s Love. He meets his Lord and Master, the Inner-knower, the Searcher of hearts; His body is ever-new, and His color is ever-fresh. Nanak chants and realizes the Naam; he begs for the Name of the Lord, the Lord God. || 2 || The Guru has placed the reins in the mouth of the body-horse. The mind-elephant is overpowered by the Word of the Guru’s Shabad. The bride obtains the supreme status, as her mind is brought under control; she is the beloved of her Husband Lord. Deep within her inner being, she is in love with her Lord. In His home, she is so beautiful — she is the bride of her Lord God. Attuned to the Lord’s Love, she is intuitively absorbed in bliss; she obtains the Lord God, Har, Har. Servant Nanak, the Lord’s slave, says that only the very fortunate meditate on the Lord, Har, Har. || 3 || The body is the horse, which one rides to the Lord. Meeting the True Guru, one sings the songs of joy. Sing the songs of joy to the Lord, serve the Name of the Lord, and become the servant of His servants. Go and enter the Mansion of God’s Presence, and lovingly enjoy the Lord’s Love. I sing the Glorious Praises of the Lord, so pleasing to my mind; following the Guru’s Teachings, I meditate on the Lord within my mind. The Lord has showered His Mercy upon servant Nanak; mounting the body-horse, he has found the Lord. || 4 || 2 || 6 ||

Wednesday , 10 Chayt (Samvat 537 Nanakshahi) (Page: 575)

BILAAVAL, FIFTH MEHL:

The cripple crosses over the mountain, the fool becomes a wise man, and the blind man sees the three worlds, by meeting with the True Guru and being purified. || 1 || This is the Glory of the Saadh Sangat, the Company of the Holy; listen, O my friends. Filth is washed away, millions of sins are dispelled, and the consciousness becomes immaculate and pure. || 1 || Pause || Such is devotional worship of the Lord of the Universe, that the ant can overpower the elephant. Whoever the Lord makes His own, is blessed with the gift of fearlessness. || 2 || The lion becomes a cat, and the mountain looks like a blade of grass. Those who worked for half a shell, will be judged very wealthy. || 3 || What glorious greatness of Yours can I describe, O Lord of infinite excellences? Please bless me with Your Mercy, and grant me Your Name; O Nanak, I am lost without the Blessed Vision of Your Darshan. || 4 || 7 || 37 ||

Wednesday, 17 Chayt (Samvat 537 Nanakshahi) (Page: 809)

• 2 weeks later...

Sri Hukamnama Sahib from Sachkand Sri Darbar Sahib Sri Amritsar Sahib, Tuesday 12th April 2005:

=============

raamakalee mehalaa 5 ||

Raamkalee, Fifth Mehl:

rathan javaehar naam ||

The Naam, the Name of the Lord, is a jewel, a ruby.

sath sa(n)thokh giaan ||

It brings Truth, contentment and spiritual wisdom.

sookh sehaj dhaeiaa kaa pothaa || har bhagathaa havaalai hothaa ||1||

The Lord entrusts the treasures of peace, intuition and kindness to His devotees.

maerae raam ko bha(n)ddaar ||

This is the treasure of my Lord.

Consuming and expending it, it is never used up.

khaath kharach kashh thott n aavai a(n)th nehee har paaraavaar ||1|| rehaao ||

The Lord has no end or limitation. ||1||Pause||

keerathan niramolak heeraa ||

The Kirtan of the Lord's Praise is a priceless diamond.

aana(n)dh gunee geheeraa ||

It is the ocean of bliss and virtue.

anehadh baanee poo(n)jee ||

In the Word of the Guru's Bani is the wealth of the unstruck sound current.

sa(n)than hathh raakhee koo(n)jee ||2||

The Saints hold the key to it in their hands. ||2||

su(n)n samaadhh gufaa theh aasan ||

They sit there, in the cave of deep Samaadhi;

kaeval breham pooran theh baasan ||

the unique, perfect Lord God dwells there.

bhagath sa(n)g prabh gosatt karath ||

God holds conversations with His devotees.

theh harakh n sog n janam n marath ||3||

There is no pleasure or pain, no birth or death there. ||3||

kar kirapaa jis aap dhivaaeiaa ||

One whom the Lord Himself blesses with His Mercy,

saadhhasa(n)g thin har dhhan paaeiaa ||

obtains the Lord's wealth in the Saadh Sangat, the Company of the Holy.

dhaeiaal purakh naanak aradhaas ||

Nanak prays to the merciful Primal Lord;

har maeree varathan har maeree raas ||4||24||35||

the Lord is my merchandise, and the Lord is my capital. ||4||24||35||

=============

Shabad Ucharan by Shantee dey punj, banee de Bohat, Sri SatGuru Arjan Dev Ji in Raag Raamkali, Ang 893 of Sri SatGuru Granth Sahib Ji,

This shabad can also be viewed by following this link:

http://www.sikhitothemax.com/Page.asp?Sour...p;ShabadID=3323

• 2 months later...

SHALOK, THIRD MEHL:

The love of Maya is enticing; without teeth, it has eaten up the world. The self-willed manmukhs are eaten away, while the Gurmukhs are saved; they focus their consciousness on the True Name. Without the Name, the world wanders around insane; the Gurmukhs come to see this. Involved in worldly affairs, he wastes his life in vain; the peace-giving Lord does not come to abide in his mind. O Nanak, they alone obtain the Name, who have such pre-ordained destiny. || 1 || THIRD MEHL: The home within is filled with Ambrosial Nectar, but the self-willed manmukh does not get to taste it. He is like the deer, who does not recognize its own musk-scent; it wanders around, deluded by doubt. The manmukh forsakes the Ambrosial Nectar, and instead gathers poison; the Creator Himself has fooled him. How rare are the Gurmukhs, who obtain this understanding; they behold the Lord God within themselves. Their minds and bodies are cooled and soothed, and their tongues enjoy the sublime taste of the Lord. Through the Word of the Shabad, the Name wells up; through the Shabad, we are united in the Lord’s Union. Without the Shabad, the whole world is insane, and it loses its life in vain. The Shabad alone is Ambrosial Nectar; O Nanak, the Gurmukhs obtain it. || 2 || PAUREE: The Lord God is inaccessible; tell me, how can we find Him? He has no form or feature, and He cannot be seen; tell me, how can we meditate on Him? The Lord is formless, immaculate and inaccessible; which of His Virtues should we speak of and sing? They alone walk on the Lord’s Path, whom the Lord Himself instructs. The Perfect Guru has revealed Him to me; serving the Guru, He is found. || 4 ||

Tuesday, 14th Aasaarh (Samvat 537 Nanakshahi) (Page: 643)

• 2 months later...

SOOHEE, FOURTH MEHL:

The Lord’s Name is the Love of the Lord. The Lord’s Love is the permanent color. When the Guru is totally satisfied and pleased, He colors us with the Lord’s Love; this color shall never fade away. || 1 || O my mind, enshrine love for the Name of the Lord. The Guru, satisfied and pleased, taught me about the Lord, and my Sovereign Lord King met with me at once. || 1 || Pause || The self-willed manmukh is like the ignorant bride, who comes and goes again and again in reincarnation. The Lord God does not come into her consciousness, and her mind is stuck in the love of duality. || 2 || I am full of filth, and I practice evil deeds; O Lord, save me, be with me, merge me into Your Being! The Guru has bathed me in the pool of Ambrosial Nectar, and the dirty residues of all my sins and mistakes have been washed away. || 3 || O Lord God, Merciful to the meek and the poor, please unite me with the Sat Sangat, the True Congregation. Joining the Sangat, servant Nanak has obtained the Lord’s Love; my mind and body are drenched in it. || 4 || 3 ||

Tuesday, 29th Bhaadon (Samvat 537 Nanakshahi) (Page : 731)

RAAG SORAT’H, THE WORD OF DEVOTEE KABEER JEE

What use is it to read, and what use is it to study? What use is it to listen to the Vedas and the Puraanas? What use is reading and listening, if celestial peace is not attained? || 1 || The fool does not chant the Name of the Lord. So what does he think of, over and over again? || 1 || Pause || In the darkness, we need a lamp to find the incomprehensible thing. I have found this incomprehensible thing; my mind is illuminated and enlightened. || 2 || Says Kabeer, now I know Him; since I know Him, my mind is pleased and appeased. My mind is pleased and appeased, and yet, people do not believe it. They do not believe it, so what can I do? || 3 || 7||

Wednesday, 30th Bhaadon (Samvat 537 Nanakshahi) (Page: 655)

• 2 weeks later...

RAAG SORAT’H, THE WORD OF DEVOTEE KABEER JEE

What use is it to read, and what use is it to study? What use is it to listen to the Vedas and the Puraanas? What use is reading and listening, if celestial peace is not attained? || 1 || The fool does not chant the Name of the Lord. So what does he think of, over and over again? || 1 || Pause || In the darkness, we need a lamp to find the incomprehensible thing. I have found this incomprehensible thing; my mind is illuminated and enlightened. || 2 || Says Kabeer, now I know Him; since I know Him, my mind is pleased and appeased. My mind is pleased and appeased, and yet, people do not believe it. They do not believe it, so what can I do? || 3 || 7||

Tuesday, 13 Assu (Samvat 537 Nanakshahi) (Page: 655)

SHALOK, THIRD MEHL:

Waaho! Waaho! is the Bani, the Word, of the Formless Lord. There is no other as great as He is. Waaho! Waaho! The Lord is unfathomable and inaccessible. Waaho! Waaho! He is the True One. Waaho! Waaho! He is the self-existent Lord. Waaho! Waaho! As He wills, so it comes to pass. Waaho! Waaho! is the Ambrosial Nectar of the Naam, the Name of the Lord, obtained by the Gurmukh. Waaho! Waaho! This is realized by His Grace, as He Himself grants His Grace. O Nanak, Waaho! Waaho! This is obtained by the Gurmukhs, who hold tight to the Naam, night and day. || 1 || THIRD MEHL: Without serving the True Guru, peace is not obtained, and the sense of duality does not depart. No matter how much one may wish, without the Lord’s Grace, He is not found. Those who are filled with greed and corruption are ruined by the love of duality. They cannot escape birth and death, and with egotism within them, they suffer in misery. Those who center their consciousness on the True Guru, never go empty-handed. They are not summoned by the Messenger of Death, and they do not suffer in pain. O Nanak, the Gurmukhs are saved; they merge in the True Lord. || 2 || PAUREE: He alone is called a minstrel, who enshrines love for his Lord and Master. Standing at the Lord’s Door, he serves the Lord, and reflects upon the Word of the Guru’s Shabad. The minstrel attains the Lord’s Gate and Mansion, and he keeps the True Lord clasped to his heart. The status of the minstrel is exalted; he loves the Name of the Lord. The service of the minstrel is to meditate on the Lord; he is emancipated by the Lord. || 18 ||

Wednesday, 14 Assu (Samvat 537 Nanakshahi) (Page: 515)

JAITSREE, FIFTH MEHL, VAAR WITH SHALOKS:

ONE UNIVERSAL CREATOR GOD. BY THE GRACE OF THE TRUE GURU: SHALOK:

In the beginning, He was pervading; in the middle, He is pervading; in the end, He will be pervading. He is the Transcendent Lord. The Saints remember in meditation the all-pervading Lord God. O Nanak, He is the Destroyer of sins, the Lord of the universe. || 1 || See, hear, speak and implant the True Lord within your mind. He is all-pervading, permeating everywhere; O Nanak, be absorbed in the Lord’s Love. || 2 || PAUREE: Sing the Praise of the One, the Immaculate Lord; He is contained within all. The Cause of causes, the Almighty Lord God; whatever He wills, comes to pass. In an instant, He establishes and disestablishes; without Him, there is no other. He pervades the continents, solar systems, nether worlds, islands and all worlds. He alone understands, whom the Lord Himself instructs; he alone is a pure and unstained being. || 1 ||

Friday, 16 Assu (Samvat 537 Nanakshahi) (Page: 705)

DAYV-GANDHAAREE, FIFTH MEHL:

The Lord God is my praanaa, my breath of life; He is the Giver of peace. By Guru’s Grace, only a few know Him. || 1 || Pause || Your Saints are Your Beloveds; death does not consume them. They are dyed in the deep crimson color of Your Love, and they are intoxicated with the sublime essence of the Lord’s Name. || 1 || The greatest sins, and millions of pains and diseases are destroyed by Your Gracious Glance, O God. While sleeping and waking, Nanak sings the Lord’s Name, Har, Har, Har; he falls at the Guru’s feet. || 2 || 8 ||

Sunday, 18 Assu (Samvat 537 Nanakshahi) (Page: 529)