Daily Hukamnam.....

WADAHANS, THIRD MEHL:

Listen, O brides of the Lord: serve your Husband Lord, and contemplate the Word of His Shabad. The worthless bride does not know her Husband Lord — she is deluded; forgetting her Husband Lord, she weeps and wails. She weeps, thinking of her Husband Lord, and she constantly cherishes His virtues; her Husband Lord does not die, or go away. As Gurmukh, she knows Him; through the Word of His Shabad, He is realized. Through True Love, she merges with Him. She who does not know her Husband Lord, the Architect of karma, is deluded by falsehood — she herself is false. Listen, O brides of the Lord: serve your Husband Lord, and contemplate the Word of His Shabad. || 1 || He Himself created the whole world; the world comes and goes. The love of Maya has ruined the world; people die, to be re-born, over and over again. People die to be re-born, over and over again, while their sins steadily increase; without spiritual wisdom, they are deluded. Without the Shabad, the Husband Lord is not found; the worthless, false bride wastes her life away, weeping and wailing. He is my Beloved Husband Lord, the Life of the World — for whom should I weep? They alone weep, who forget their Husband Lord. He Himself created the whole world; the world comes and goes. || 2 || That Husband Lord is True, forever True; He does not die or go away. The ignorant soul-bride wanders in delusion; in the love of duality, she sits like a widow. She sits like a widow, in the love of duality; infatuated with Maya, she suffers in pain. She grows old, and her body withers away. Whatever has come, shall all pass away; through the love of duality, all suffer in pain. They do not see the Messenger of Death; they long for Maya, and their consciousness is attached to greed. That Husband Lord is True, forever True; He does not die or go away. || 3 || Some weep and wail, separated from their Husband Lord; the blind ones do not know that their Husband is with them. By Guru’s Grace, they meet their True Husband, and cherish Him always deep within. She cherishes her Husband deep within herself — He is always with her, but the self-willed manmukhs think that He is far away. This body rolls in the dust, and is totally useless; it does not realize the Presence of its Lord and Master. O Nanak, that soul-bride is united in Union; she cherishes her Beloved Husband forever, deep within. Some weep and wail, separated from their Husband Lord; the blind ones do not know that their Husband is with them. || 4 || 2 ||

Thursday 5th Chayt (Samvat 536 Nanakshahi) (Page: 583)

• Replies 308
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

ONE UNIVERSAL CREATOR GOD. TRUTH IS THE NAME. CREATIVE BEING PERSONIFIED. NO FEAR. NO HATRED. IMAGE OF THE UNDYING. BEYOND BIRTH. SELF-EXISTENT. BY GURU’S GRACE:

RAAG SOOHEE, FIRST MEHL, CHAU-PADAS, FIRST HOUSE:

Wash the vessel, sit down and anoint it with fragrance; then, go out and get the milk. Add the rennet of clear consciousness to the milk of good deeds, and then, free of desire, let it curdle. || 1 || Chant the Name of the One Lord. All other actions are fruitless. || 1 || Pause || Let your mind be the handles, and then churn it, without sleeping. If you chant the Naam, the Name of the Lord ,with your tongue, then the curd will be churned. In this way, the Ambrosial Nectar is obtained. || 2 || Wash your mind in the pool of Truth, and let it be the vessel of the Lord; let this be your offering to please Him. That humble servant who dedicates and offers his life, and who serves in this way, remains absorbed in his Lord and Master. || 3 || The speakers speak and speak and speak, and then they depart. There is no other to compare to You. Servant Nanak, lacking devotion, humbly prays: may I sing the Praises of the True Lord. || 4 || 1 ||

Friday 6th Chayt (Samvat 536 Nanakshahi) (Page: 728)

SHALOK, THIRD MEHL:

The elephant offers its head to the reins, and the anvil offers itself to the hammer; just so, we offer our minds and bodies to our Guru; we stand before Him, and serve Him. This is how the Gurmukhs eliminate their self-conceit, and come to rule the whole world. O Nanak, the Gurmukh understands, when the Lord casts His Glance of Grace. || 1 || THIRD MEHL: Blessed and approved is the coming into the world, of those Gurmukhs who meditate on the Naam, the Name of the Lord. O Nanak, they save their families, and they are honored in the Court of the Lord. || 2 || PAUREE: The Guru unites His Sikhs, the Gurmukhs, with the Lord. The Guru keeps some of them with Himself, and engages others in His Service. Those who cherish their Beloved in their conscious minds, the Guru blesses them with His Love. The Guru loves all of His Gursikhs equally well, like friends, children and siblings. So chant the Name of the Guru, the True Guru, everyone! Chanting the Name of the Guru, Guru, you shall be rejuvenated. || 14 ||

Saturday 7th Chayt (Samvat 536 Nanakshahi) (Page: 647)

TODEE, 5th GURU, 5th HOUSE, DU-PADAS:

ONE UNIVERSAL CREATOR GOD. BY THE GRACE OF THE TRUE GURU:

Such is the blessing my God has bestowed upon me. He has totally banished the five evils and the illness of egotism from my body. || Pause || Breaking my bonds, and releasing me from vice and corruption, He has enshrined the Word of the Guru’s Shabad within my heart. The Lord has not considered my beauty or ugliness; instead, He has held me with love. I am drenched with His Love. || 1 || I behold my Beloved, now that the curtain has been torn away. My mind is happy, pleased and satisfied. My house is His; He is my God. Nanak is obedient to His Lord and Master. || 2 || 1 || 20 ||

Sunday 8th Chayt (Samvat 536 Nanakshahi) (Page: 716)

DHANAASAREE, FIFTH MEHL:

Wherever I look, there I see Him present; He is never far away. He is all-pervading, everywhere; O my mind, meditate on Him forever. || 1 || He alone is called your companion, who will not be separated from you, here or hereafter. That pleasure, which passes away in an instant, is trivial. || Pause || He cherishes us, and gives us sustenance; He does not lack anything. With each and every breath, my God takes care of His creatures. || 2 || God is undeceiveable, impenetrable and infinite; His form is lofty and exalted. Chanting and meditating on the embodiment of wonder and beauty, His humble servants are in bliss. || 3 || Bless me with such understanding, O Merciful Lord God, that I might remember You. Nanak begs God for the gift of the dust of the feet of the Saints. || 4 || 3 || 27 ||

Monday 9th Chayt (Samvat 536 Nanakshahi) 22 March, 2004 (Page : 677)

DHANAASAREE, FIFTH MEHL:

He has extended His power in all four directions, and placed His hand upon my head. Gazing upon me with his Eye of Mercy, He has dispelled the pains of His slave. || 1 || The Guru, the Lord of the Universe, has saved the Lord’s humble servant. Hugging me close in His embrace, the merciful, forgiving Lord has erased all my sins. || Pause || Whatever I ask for from my Lord and Master, he gives that to me. Whatever the Lord’s slave Nanak utters with his mouth, proves to be true, here and hereafter. || 2 || 14 || 45 ||

Tuesday 10th Chayt (Samvat 536 Nanakshahi) 23 March, 2004 (Page : 681)

Guest Maha_Pavitar

DHANAASAREE, FIFTH MEHL, TWELFTH HOUSE:

I bow in reverence to the Lord, I bow in reverence. I sing the Glorious Praises of the Lord, my King. || Pause || By great good fortune, one meets the Divine Guru. Millions of sins are erased by serving the Lord. || 1 || One whose mind is imbued with the Lord’s lotus feet is not afflicted by the fire of sorrow. || 2 || He crosses over the world-ocean in the Saadh Sangat, the Company of the Holy. He chants the Name of the Fearless Lord, and is imbued with the Lord’s Love. || 3 || One who does not steal the wealth of others, who does not commit evil deeds or sinful acts — the Messenger of Death does not even approach him. || 4 || God Himself quenches the fires of desire. O Nanak, in God’s Sanctuary, one is saved. || 5 || 1 || 55 ||

Wednesday 11th Chayt (Samvat 536 Nanakshahi)

(Page: 683)

JAITSREE, FIFTH MEHL, THIRD HOUSE:

Does anyone know, who is our friend in this world? He alone understands this, whom the Lord blesses with His Mercy. Immaculate and unstained is his way of life. || 1 || Pause || Mother, father, spouse, children, relatives, lovers, friends and siblings meet, having been associated in previous lives; but none of them will be your companion and support in the end. || 1 || Pearl necklaces, gold, rubies and diamonds please the mind, but they are only Maya. Possessing them, one passes his life in agony; he obtains no contentment from them. || 2 || Elephants, chariots, horses as fast as the wind, wealth, land, and armies of four kinds — none of these will go with him; he must get up and depart, naked. || 3 || The Lord’s Saints are the beloved lovers of God; sing of the Lord, Har, Har, with them. O Nanak, in the Society of the Saints, you shall obtain peace in this world, and in the next world, your face shall be radiant and bright. || 4 || 1 ||

Thursday 12th Chayt (Samvat 536 Nanakshahi) (Page: 700)

SORAT’H, FIFTH MEHL:

I met the True Guru, by great good fortune, and my mind has been enlightened. No one else can equal me, because I have the loving support of my Lord and Master. || 1 || I am a sacrifice to my True Guru. I am at peace in this world, and I shall be in celestial peace in the next; my home is filled with bliss. || Pause || He is the Inner-knower, the Searcher of hearts, the Creator, my Lord and Master. I have become fearless, attached to the Guru’s feet; I take the Support of the Name of the One Lord. || 2 || Fruitful is the Blessed Vision of His Darshan; the Form of God is deathless; He is and shall always be. He hugs His humble servants close, and protects and preserves them; their love for Him is sweet to Him. || 3 || Great is His glorious greatness, and wondrous is His magnificence; through Him, all affairs are resolved. Nanak has met with the Perfect Guru; all his sorrows have been dispelled. || 4 || 5 ||

Friday 13th Chayt (Samvat 536 Nanakshahi) 26 March, 2004 (Page: 609)

SOOHEE, FOURTH MEHL:

Wherever the Lord is worshipped in adoration, there the Lord becomes one’s friend and helper. By Guru’s Grace, the Lord comes to dwell in the mind; He cannot be obtained in any other way. || 1 || So gather in the wealth of the Lord, O Siblings of Destiny, so that in this world and the next, the Lord shall be your friend and companion. || 1 || Pause || In the company of the Sat Sangat, the True Congregation, you shall earn the wealth of the Lord; this wealth of the Lord is not obtained anywhere else, by any other means, at all. The dealer in the Lord’s Jewels purchases the wealth of the Lord’s jewels; the dealer in cheap glass jewels cannot acquire the Lord’s wealth by empty words. || 2 || The Lord’s wealth is like jewels, gems and rubies. At the appointed time in the Amrit Vaylaa, the ambrosial hours of the morning, the Lord’s devotees lovingly center their attention on the Lord, and the wealth of the Lord. The devotees of the Lord plant the seed of the Lord’s wealth in the ambrosial hours of the Amrit Vaylaa; they eat it, and spend it, but it is never exhausted. In this world and the next, the devotees are blessed with glorious greatness, the wealth of the Lord. || 3 || The wealth of the Fearless Lord is permanent, forever and ever, and true. This wealth of the Lord cannot be destroyed by fire or water; neither thieves nor the Messenger of Death can take it away. Thieves cannot even approach the Lord’s wealth; Death, the tax collector cannot tax it. || 4 || The faithless cynics commit sins and gather in their poisonous wealth, but it shall not go along with them for even a single step. In this world, the faithless cynics become miserable, as it slips away through their hands. In the world hereafter, the faithless cynics find no shelter in the Court of the Lord. || 5 || The Lord Himself is the Banker of this wealth, O Saints; when the Lord gives it, the mortal loads it and takes it away. This wealth of the Lord is never exhausted; the Guru has given this understanding to servant Nanak. || 6 || 3 || 10 ||

Saturday 14th Chayt (Samvat 536 Nanakshahi) 27 March, 2004 (Page:733)

DHANAASAREE, FIFTH MEHL:

He has extended His power in all four directions, and placed His hand upon my head. Gazing upon me with his Eye of Mercy, He has dispelled the pains of His slave. || 1 || The Guru, the Lord of the Universe, has saved the Lord’s humble servant. Hugging me close in His embrace, the merciful, forgiving Lord has erased all my sins. || Pause || Whatever I ask for from my Lord and Master, he gives that to me. Whatever the Lord’s slave Nanak utters with his mouth, proves to be true, here and hereafter. || 2 || 14 || 45 ||

Sunday 15th Chayt (Samvat 536 Nanakshahi) 28 March, 2004 (Page : 681)

SHALOK, THIRD MEHL:

The red-robed woman becomes a happy soul-bride, only when she accepts the True Name. Become pleasing to your True Guru, and you shall be totally beautified; otherwise, there is no place of rest. So decorate yourself with the decorations that will never stain, and love the Lord day and night. O Nanak, what is the character of the happy soul-bride? Within her, is Truth; her face is bright and radiant, and she is absorbed in her Lord and Master. || 1 || THIRD MEHL: O people: I am in red, dressed in a red robe. But my Husband Lord is not obtained by any robes; I have tried and tried, and given up wearing robes. O Nanak, they alone obtain their Husband Lord, who listen to the Guru’s Teachings. Whatever pleases Him, happens. In this way, the Husband Lord is met. || 2 || PAUREE: By His Command, He created the creation, the world with its many species of beings. I do not know how great Your Command is, O Unseen and Infinite True Lord. You join some with Yourself; they reflect on the Word of the Guru’s Shabad. Those who are imbued with the True Lord are immaculate and pure; they conquer egotism and corruption. He alone is united with You, whom You unite with Yourself; he alone is true. || 2 ||

Monday 16th Chayt (Samvat 536 Nanakshahi) 29 March, 2004 (Page : 785)

DHANAASAREE, FIFTH MEHL:

He does not let His devotees see the difficult times; this is His innate nature. Giving His hand, He protects His devotee; with each and every breath, He cherishes him. || 1 || My consciousness remains attached to God. In the beginning, and in the end, God is always my helper and companion; blessed is my friend. || Pause || My mind is delighted, gazing upon the marvellous, glorious greatness of the Lord and Master. Remembering, remembering the Lord in meditation, Nanak is in ecstasy; God, in His perfection, has protected and preserved his honor. || 2 || 15 || 46 ||

Tuesday 17th Chayt (Samvat 536 Nanakshahi) 30 March, 2004 (Page: 682)

BILAAVAL, FIRST MEHL:

My mind is filled with such a great joy; I have blossomed forth in Truth. I am enticed by the love of my Husband Lord, the Eternal, Imperishable Lord God. The Lord is everlasting, the Master of masters. Whatever He wills, happens. O Great Giver, You are always kind and compassionate. You infuse life into all living beings. I have no other spiritual wisdom, meditation or worship; the Name of the Lord alone dwells deep within me. I know nothing about religious robes, pilgrimages or stubborn fanaticism; O Nanak, I hold tight to the Truth. || 1 || The night is beautiful, drenched with dew, and the day is delightful, when her Husband Lord wakes the sleeping soul-bride, in the home of the self. The young bride has awakened to the Word of the Shabad; she is pleasing to her Husband Lord. So renounce falsehood, fraud, love of duality and working for people. The Name of the Lord is my necklace, and I am anointed with the True Shabad. With his palms pressed together, Nanak begs for the gift of the True Name; please, bless me with Your Grace, through the pleasure of Your Will. || 2 || Awake, O bride of splendored eyes, and chant the Word of the Guru’s Bani. Listen, and place your faith in the Unspoken Speech of the Lord. The Unspoken Speech, the state of Nirvaanaa — how rare is the Gurmukh who understands this. Merging in the Word of the Shabad, self-conceit is eradicated, and the three worlds are revealed to her understanding. Remaining detached, with infinity infusing, the true mind cherishes the virtues of the Lord. He is fully pervading and permeating all places; Nanak has enshrined Him within his heart. || 3 || The Lord is calling you to the Mansion of His Presence; O soul-bride, He is the Lover of His devotees. Following the Guru’s Teachings, your mind shall be delighted, and your body shall be fulfilled. Conquer and subdue your mind, and love the Word of the Shabad; reform yourself, and realize the Lord of the three worlds. Her mind shall not waver or wander anywhere else, when she comes to know her Husband Lord. You are my only Support, You are my Lord and Master. You are my strength and anchor. She is forever truthful and pure, O Nanak; through the Word of the Guru’s Shabad, conflicts are resolved. || 4 || 2 ||

Wednesday 18th Chayt (Samvat 536 Nanakshahi) 31 March, 2004 (Page: 843)

SORAT’H, THIRD MEHL:

Without serving the True Guru, he suffers in terrible pain, and throughout the four ages, he wanders aimlessly. I am poor and meek, and throughout the ages, You are the Great Giver - please, grant me the understanding of the Shabad. || 1 || O Dear Beloved Lord, please show mercy to me. Unite me in the Union of the True Guru, the Great Giver, and give me the support of the Lord’s Name.|| Pause || Conquering my desires and duality, I have merged in celestial peace, and I have found the Naam, the Name of the Infinite Lord. I have tasted the sublime essence of the Lord, and my soul has become immaculately pure; the Lord is the Destroyer of sins. || 2 || Dying in the Word of the Shabad, you shall live forever, and you shall never die again. The Ambrosial Nectar of the Naam is ever-sweet to the mind; but how few are those who obtain the Shabad. || 3 || The Great Giver keeps His Gifts in His Hand; He gives them to those with whom He is pleased. O Nanak, imbued with the Naam, they find peace, and in the Court of the Lord, they are exalted. || 4 || 11 ||

Sunday 22nd Chayt (Samvat 536 Nanakshahi) (Page: 603)

DHANAASAREE, FIFTH MEHL:

You are the Giver, O Lord, O Cherisher, my Master, my Husband Lord. Each and every moment, You cherish and nurture me; I am Your child, and I rely upon You alone. || 1 || I have only one tongue — which of Your Glorious Virtues can I describe? Unlimited, infinite Lord and Master — no one knows Your limits. || 1 || Pause || You destroy millions of my sins, and teach me in so many ways. I am so ignorant — I understand nothing at all. Please honor Your innate nature, and save me! || 2 || I seek Your Sanctuary — You are my only hope. You are my companion, and my best friend. Save me, O Merciful Saviour Lord; Nanak is the slave of Your home. || 3 || 12 ||

Monday 23rd Chayt (Samvat 536 Nanakshahi) 5 April, 2004 (Page: 673)

BILAAVAL, FOURTH MEHL:

Come, O Saints, and join together, O my Siblings of Destiny; let us tell the Stories of the Lord, Har, Har. The Naam, the Name of the Lord, is the boat in this Dark Age of Kali Yuga; the Word of the Guru’s Shabad is the boatman to ferry us across. || 1 || O my mind, chant the Glorious Praises of the Lord. According to the pre-ordained destiny inscribed upon your forehead, sing the Praises of the Lord; join the Holy Congregation, and cross over the world-ocean. || 1 || Pause || Within the body-village is the Lord’s supreme, sublime essence. How can I obtain it? Teach me, O humble Saints. Serving the True Guru, you shall obtain the Fruitful Vision of the Lord’s Darshan; meeting Him, drink in the ambrosial essence of the Lord’s Nectar. || 2 || The Ambrosial Name of the Lord, Har, Har, is so sweet; O Saints of the Lord, taste it, and see. Under Guru’s Instruction, the Lord’s essence seems so sweet; through it, all corrupt sensual pleasures are forgotten. || 3 || The Name of the Lord is the medicine to cure all diseases; so serve the Lord, O humble Saints. The four great blessings are obtained, O Nanak, by vibrating upon the Lord, under Guru’s Instruction. || 4 || 4 ||

Tuesday 24th Chayt (Samvat 536 Nanakshahi) 6 April, 2004 (Page: 799)

BILAAWAL, FIRST MEHL:

He Himself is the Word of the Shabad, and He Himself is the Insignia. He Himself is the Listener, and He Himself is the Knower. He Himself created the creation, and He Himself beholds His almighty power. You are the Great Giver; Your Name alone is approved. || 1 || Such is the Name of the Immaculate, Divine Lord. I am just a beggar; You are invisible and unknowable. || 1 || Pause || Love of Maya is like a cursed woman, ugly, dirty and promiscuous. Power and beauty are false, and last for only a few days. But when one is blessed with the Naam, the darkness within is illuminated. || 2 || I tasted Maya and renounced it, and now, I have no doubts. One whose father is known, cannot be illegitimate. One who belongs to the One Lord, has no fear. The Creator acts, and causes all to act. One who dies in the Word of the Shabad conquers his mind, through his mind. Keeping his mind restrained, he enshrines the True Lord within his heart. He does not know any other, and he is a sacrifice to the Guru. O Nanak, attuned to the Naam, he is emancipated. || 4 || 3 ||

Wednesday 25th Chayt (Samvat 536 Nanakshahi) 7 April, 2004 (Page: 795)

SORAT’H, FIRST MEHL, FIRST HOUSE:

Make your mind the farmer, good deeds the farm, modesty the water, and your body the field. Let the Lord’s Name be the seed, contentment the plow, and your humble dress the fence. Doing deeds of love, the seed shall sprout, and you shall see your home flourish. || 1 || O Baba, the wealth of Maya does not go with anyone. This Maya has bewitched the world, but only a rare few understand this. || Pause || Make your ever-decreasing life your shop, and make the Lord’s Name your merchandise. Make understanding and contemplation your warehouse, and in that warehouse, store the Lord’s Name. Deal with the Lord’s dealers, earn your profits, and rejoice in your mind. || 2 || Let your trade be listening to scripture, and let Truth be the horses you take to sell. Gather up merits for your travelling expenses, and do not think of tomorrow in your mind. When you arrive in the land of the Formless Lord, you shall find peace in the Mansion of His Presence. || 3 || Let your service be the focusing of your consciousness, and let your occupation be the placing of faith in the Naam. Let your work be restraint from sin; only then will people call you blessed. O Nanak, the Lord shall look upon you with His Glance of Grace, and you shall be blessed with honor four times over. || 4 || 2 ||

Thursday 26th Chayt (Samvat 536 Nanakshahi) 8 April, 2004 (Page: 595)

RAAG SOOHEE, THIRD MEHL, FIRST HOUSE, ASHTAPADEES:

Everything comes from the Naam, the Name of the Lord; without the True Guru, the Naam is not experienced. The Word of the Guru’s Shabad is the sweetest and most sublime essence, but without tasting it, its flavor cannot be experienced. He wastes this human life in exchange for a mere shell; he does not understand his own self. But, if he becomes Gurmukh, then he comes to know the One Lord, and the disease of egotism does not afflict him. || 1 || I am a sacrifice to my Guru, who has lovingly attached me to the True Lord. Concentrating on the Word of the Shabad, the soul is illumined and enlightened. I remain absorbed in celestial ecstasy. || 1 || Pause || The Gurmukh sings the Praises of the Lord; the Gurmukh understands. The Gurmukh contemplates the Word of the Shabad. Body and soul are totally rejuvenated through the Guru; the Gurmukh’s affairs are resolved in his favor. The blind self-willed manmukh acts blindly, and earns only poison in this world. Enticed by Maya, he suffers in constant pain, without the most Beloved Guru. || 2 || He alone is a selfless servant, who serves the True Guru, and walks in harmony with the True Guru’s Will. The True Shabad, the Word of God, is the True Praise of God; enshrine the True Lord within your mind. The Gurmukh speaks the True Word of Gurbani, and egotism departs from within. He Himself is the Giver, and True are His actions. He proclaims the True Word of the Shabad. || 3 || The Gurmukh works, and the Gurmukh earns; the Gurmukh inspires others to chant the Naam. He is forever unattached, imbued with the Love of the True Lord, intuitively in harmony with the Guru. The self-willed manmukh always tells lies; he plants the seeds of poison, and eats only poison. He is bound and gagged by the Messenger of Death, and burnt in the fire of desire; who can save him, except the Guru? || 4 || True is that place of pilgrimage, where one bathes in the pool of Truth, and achieves self-realization as Gurmukh. The Gurmukh understands his own self. The Lord has shown that the Word of the Guru’s Shabad is the sixty-eight sacred shrines of pilgrimage; bathing in it, filth is washed away. True and Immaculate is the True Word of His Shabad; no filth touches or clings to Him. True Praise, True Devotional Praise, is obtained from the Perfect Guru. || 5 || Body, mind, everything belongs to the Lord; but the evil-minded ones cannot even say this. If such is the Hukam of the Lord’s Command, then one becomes pure and spotless, and the ego is taken away from within. I have intuitively tasted the Guru’s Teachings, and the fire of my desire has been quenched. Attuned to the Word of the Guru’s Shabad, one is naturally intoxicated, merging imperceptibly into the Lord. || 6 || The Name of the Lord is known as True, through the Love of the Beloved Guru. True Glorious Greatness is obtained from the Guru, through the Beloved True Name. The One True Lord is permeating and pervading among all; how rare is the one who contemplates this. The Lord Himself unites us in Union, and forgives us; He embellishes us with true devotional worship. || 7 || All is Truth; Truth, and Truth alone is pervading; how rare is the Gurmukh who knows this. Birth and death occur by the Hukam of His Command; the Gurmukh understands his own self. He meditates on the Naam, the Name of the Lord, and so pleases the True Guru. He receives whatever rewards he desires. O Nanak, one who eradicates self-conceit from within, has everything. || 8 || 1 ||

Friday 27th Chayt (Samvat 536 Nanakshahi) (Page: 753)

SOOHEE, FIFTH MEHL:

The angelic beings and demi-gods are not permitted to remain here. The silent sages and humble servants also must arise and depart. || 1 || Only those who meditate on the Lord, Har, Har, are seen to live on. In the Saadh Sangat, the Company of the Holy, they obtain the Blessed Vision of the Lord’s Darshan. || 1 || Pause || Kings, emperors and merchants must die. Whoever is seen shall be consumed by death. || 2 || Mortal beings are entangled, clinging to false worldly attachments. And when they must leave them behind, then they regret and grieve. || 3 || O Lord, O treasure of mercy, please bless Nanak with this gift, that he may chant Your Name, day and night. || 4 || 8 || 14 ||

Saturday 28th Chayt (Samvat 536 Nanakshahi) (Page: 740)

SOOHEE, FIFTH MEHL:

An intense yearning to meet God has welled up in my heart. I have gone out searching to find my Beloved Husband Lord. Hearing news of my Beloved, I have laid out my bed in my home.. Wandering, wandering all around, I came, but I did not even see Him. || 1 || How can this poor heart be comforted? Come and meet me, O Friend; I am a sacrifice to You. || 1 || Pause || One bed is spread out for the bride and her Husband Lord. The bride is asleep, while her Husband Lord is always awake. The bride is intoxicated, as if she has drunk wine. The soul-bride only awakens when her Husband Lord calls to her. || 2 || She has lost hope — so many days have passed. I have travelled through all the lands and the countries. I cannot survive, even for an instant, without the feet of my Beloved. When God becomes Merciful, I become fortunate, and then I meet Him. || 3 || Becoming Merciful, He has united me with the Sat Sangat, the True Congregation. The fire has been quenched, and I have found my Husband Lord within my own home. I am now adorned with all sorts of decorations. Says Nanak, the Guru has dispelled my doubt. || 4 || Wherever I look, I see my Husband Lord there, O Siblings of Destiny. When the door is opened, then the mind is restrained. || 1 || Second Pause || 5 ||

Sunday 29th Chayt (Samvat 536 Nanakshahi) 11 April, 2004 (Page: 737)

JAITSREE, FIFTH MEHL:

If only someone would unite me with the Lord! I hold tight to His feet, and utter sweet words with my tongue; I make my breath of life an offering to Him. || 1 || Pause || I make my mind and body into pure little gardens, and irrigate them with the sublime essence of the Lord. I am drenched with this sublime essence by His Grace, and the powerful hold of Maya’s corruption has been broken. || 1 || I have come to Your Sanctuary, O Destroyer of the suffering of the innocent; I keep my consciousness focused on You. Bless me with the gifts of the state of fearlessness, and meditative remembrance, Lord and Master; O Nanak, God is the Breaker of bonds. || 2 || 5 || 9 ||

Monday 30th Chayt (Samvat 536 Nanakshahi) 12 April, 2004 (Page: 701)

SHALOK, THIRD MEHL:

O mind, meditate on the Dear Lord, with single-minded conscious concentration. The glorious greatness of the Lord shall last forever and ever; He never regrets what He gives. I am forever a sacrifice to the Lord; serving Him, peace is obtained. O Nanak, the Gurmukh remains merged with the Lord; he burns away his ego through the Word of the Shabad. || 1 || THIRD MEHL: He Himself enjoins us to serve Him, and He Himself blesses us with forgiveness. He Himself is the father and mother of all; He Himself cares for us. O Nanak, those who meditate on the Naam, the Name of the Lord, abide in the home of their inner being; they are honored throughout the ages. || 2 || PAUREE: You are the Creator, all-powerful, able to do anything. Without You, there is no other at all. You Yourself created the world, and You Yourself shall destroy it in the end. The Word of Your Shabad alone is pervading everywhere; whatever You do, comes to pass. God blesses the Gurmukh with glorious greatness, and then, he finds the Lord. As Gurmukh, Nanak worships and adores the Lord; let everyone proclaim, “Blessed, blessed, blessed is He, the Guru!†|| 29 || 1 || SUDH ||

Tuesday 31st Chayt (Samvat 536 Nanakshahi) (Page: 653)

SHALOK, THIRD MEHL:

Without the Name of the Lord, everyone wanders around the world, losing. The self-willed manmukhs do their deeds in the pitch black darkness of egotism. The Gurmukhs drink in the Ambrosial Nectar, O Nanak, contemplating the Word of the Shabad. || 1 || THIRD MEHL: He wakes in peace, and he sleeps in peace. The Gurmukh praises the Lord night and day. The self-willed manmukh remains deluded by his doubts. He is filled with anxiety, and he cannot even sleep. The spiritually wise wake and sleep in peace. Nanak is a sacrifice to those who are imbued with the Naam, the Name of the Lord. || 2 || PAUREE: They alone meditate on the Lord’s Name, who are imbued with the Lord. They meditate on the One Lord; the One and Only Lord is True. The One Lord is pervading everywhere; the One Lord created the Universe. Those who meditate on the Lord’s Name, cast out their fears. The Lord Himself blesses them with Guru’s Instruction; the Gurmukh meditates on the Lord. || 9 ||

Wednesday 1st Vaisaakh (Samvat 536 Nanakshahi) (Page: 646)