Daily Hukamnam.....

DHANAASAREE, FOURTH MEHL:

The Lord is the Fulfiller of desires, the Giver of total peace; the Kaamadhaynaa, the wish-fulfilling cow, is in His power. So meditate on such a Lord, O my soul. Then, you shall obtain total peace, O my mind. || 1 || Chant, O my mind, the True Name, Sat Naam, the True Name. In this world, and in the world beyond, your face shall be radiant, by meditating continually on the immaculate Lord God.|| Pause || Wherever anyone remembers the Lord in meditation, disaster runs away from that place. By great good fortune, we meditate on the Lord. The Guru has blessed servant Nanak with this understanding, that by meditating on the Lord, we cross over the terrifying world-ocean. || 2 || 6 || 12 ||

Thursday 2nd Vaisaakh (Samvat 536 Nanakshahi) (Page: 669)

• Replies 308
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

SHALOK, THIRD MEHL:

O mind, meditate on the Dear Lord, with single-minded conscious concentration. The glorious greatness of the Lord shall last forever and ever; He never regrets what He gives. I am forever a sacrifice to the Lord; serving Him, peace is obtained. O Nanak, the Gurmukh remains merged with the Lord; he burns away his ego through the Word of the Shabad. || 1 || THIRD MEHL: He Himself enjoins us to serve Him, and He Himself blesses us with forgiveness. He Himself is the father and mother of all; He Himself cares for us. O Nanak, those who meditate on the Naam, the Name of the Lord, abide in the home of their inner being; they are honored throughout the ages. || 2 || PAUREE: You are the Creator, all-powerful, able to do anything. Without You, there is no other at all. You Yourself created the world, and You Yourself shall destroy it in the end. The Word of Your Shabad alone is pervading everywhere; whatever You do, comes to pass. God blesses the Gurmukh with glorious greatness, and then, he finds the Lord. As Gurmukh, Nanak worships and adores the Lord; let everyone proclaim, “Blessed, blessed, blessed is He, the Guru!†|| 29 || 1 || SUDH ||

Friday 3rd Vaisaakh (Samvat 536 Nanakshahi) (Page: 653)

SHALOK, THIRD MEHL:

The friends who love the True Guru, meet with the Lord, the True Friend. Meeting their Beloved, they meditate on the True Lord with love and affection. Their minds are appeased by their own minds, through the incomparable Word of the Guru’s Shabad. These friends are united, and will not be separated again; they have been united by the Creator Lord Himself. Some do not believe in the Blessed Vision of the Guru’s Darshan; they do not contemplate the Word of the Shabad. The separated ones are in love with duality — what more separation can they suffer? Friendship with the self-willed manmukhs lasts for only a few short days. This friendship is broken in an instant; this friendship leads to corruption. They do not fear the True Lord within their hearts, and they do not love the Naam. O Nanak, why become friends with those whom the Creator Lord Himself has misled? || 1 || THIRD MEHL: Some remain constantly imbued with the Love of the One Lord; I am forever a sacrifice to them. I dedicate my body, mind and wealth to them; bowing low, I fall at their feet. Meeting them, the mind is satisfied, and one’s hunger and thirst all depart. O Nanak, those who are attuned to the Naam are happy forever; they lovingly focus their awareness on the True Lord. || 2 || PAUREE: I am a sacrifice to the Guru, who recites the sermon of the Lord’s Teachings. I am forever a sacrifice to that Guru, who has led me to serve the Lord. That Beloved True Guru is always with me; wherever I may be, He will save me. Most blessed is that Guru, who imparts understanding of the Lord. O Nanak, I am a sacrifice to the Guru, who has given me the Lord’s Name, and fulfilled the desires of my mind. || 5 ||

Saturday 4th Vaisaakh (Samvat 536 Nanakshahi) (Page: 587)

WADAHANS, THIRD MEHL, CHHANT:

ONE UNIVERSAL CREATOR GOD. BY THE GRACE OF THE TRUE GURU:

Be imbued with the Love of your Husband Lord, O beautiful, perishable bride. Remain immersed in the True Word of the Shabad, O perishable bride; savor and enjoy the Love of your Beloved Husband. The Husband Lord embellishes His beloved bride with His True Love; she is in love with the Lord, Har, Har. Renouncing her selfishness, she attains her Husband Lord, and remains merged in the Word of the Guru’s Shabad. That soul-bride is adorned with the Shabad, who is attracted by His Love, and who treasures the Love of her Beloved deep within. O Nanak, the Husband Lord blends that soul bride with Himself; the True King embellishes her. || 1 || O worthless bride, see your Husband Lord ever-present. One who, as Gurmukh, enjoys her Husband Lord, O perishable bride, knows Him to be all-pervading everywhere. The Husband Lord is all-pervading everywhere; behold Him ever-present. Throughout the ages, know Him as the One. The young, innocent bride intuitively enjoys her Husband Lord; she meets the Architect of karma. One who tastes the sublime essence of the Lord, and chants the sublime Word of the Shabad, remains immersed in the Lord’s Sacred Pool. O Nanak, that soul-bride is pleasing to her Husband Lord, who, through the Shabad, remains in His Presence. || 2 || Go and ask the happy soul-brides, O perishable bride, who have eradicated self-conceit from within. Those who have not eradicated self-conceit, O perishable bride, do not realize the Hukam of their Husband Lord’s Command. Those who eradicate self-conceit obtain their Husband Lord and delight in His Love. Forever attuned to His Love, in perfect poise and grace, she repeats His Name night and day. Very fortunate is that bride who focuses her consciousness on Him; her Lord’s Love is so sweet to her. O Nanak, that soul-bride who is adorned with Truth is imbued with her Lord’s Love, in peace and poise. || 3 || Overcome your egotism, O perishable bride, and walk in the Guru’s Way. Thus you shall enjoy your Husband Lord forever, O perishable bride, and obtain an abode in the home of your own inner being. Obtaining an abode in the home of her inner being, she vibrates the Word of the Shabad, and is a happy soul-bride forever. The Husband Lord is delightful and forever young; night and day, He embellishes His bride. Her Husband Lord activates the destiny written on her forehead, and she is adorned with the True Shabad. O Nanak, the soul-bride is imbued with the Love of the Lord, when she walks according to the Will of the True Guru. || 4 || 1 ||

Sunday 5th Vaisaakh (Samvat 536 Nanakshahi) (Page: 567)

DHANAASAREE, FIFTH MEHL:

Body, mind, wealth and everything belong to Him; He alone is all-wise and all-knowing. He listens to my pains and pleasures, and then my condition improves. || 1 || My soul is satisfied with the One Lord alone. People make all sorts of other efforts, but they have no value at all. || Pause || The Ambrosial Naam, the Name of the Lord, is a priceless jewel. The Guru has given me this advice. It cannot be lost, and it cannot be shaken off; it remains steady, and I am perfectly satisfied with it. || 2 || Those things which tore me away from You, Lord, are now gone. When golden ornaments are melted down into a lump, they are still said to be gold. || 3 || The Divine Light has illuminated me, and I am filled with celestial peace and glory; the unstruck melody of the Lord’s Bani resounds within me. Says Nanak, I have built my eternal home; the Guru has constructed it for me. || 4 || 5 ||

Monday 6th Vaisaakh (Samvat 536 Nanakshahi) 19 April, 2004 (Page: 671)

RAAG BIHAAGRAA, CHHANT, FOURTH MEHL, FIRST HOUSE:

Meditate on the Name of the Lord, Har, Har, O my soul; to the Gurmukh, the Name of the Lord is priceless. My mind is pierced by the sublime essence of the Lord’s Name. The Lord is dear to my mind. My mind is washed clean by the sublime essence of the Lord’s Name. Through the Guru’s Teachings, hold the mind steady, O my soul; do not let it wander anywhere. One who chants the Bani of the Praises of the Lord God, O Nanak, obtains the fruits of his mind’s desires. || 1 || Through the Guru’s Teachings, the Nectar abides within the mind, O my soul; with your mouth, chants the words of Ambrosia. The Words of the devotees are Ambrosial Nectar, O my soul; hear them in the mind, and embrace loving affection for the Lord. Separated for so very long, I have found the Lord God, intuitively hugged in His Loving Embrace. Servant Nanak’s mind is filled with bliss, O my soul, vibrating the unstruck Sound-current of the Shabad. || 2 || If only my friends and companions would come and unite me with my Lord God, O my soul. I dedicate my mind to one who recites the sermon of my Lord God, O my soul. As Gurmukh, worship the Lord in adoration forever, O my soul, and you shall obtain the fruits of your mind’s desires. O Nanak, hurry to the Lord’s Sanctuary, O my soul; those who meditate on the Lord’s Name are very fortunate. || 3 || By His Grace, God comes to meet us, O my soul; through the Guru’s Teachings, His Name is revealed. Without the Lord, I am so sad, O my soul — as sad as the lotus without water. The Perfect Guru, O my soul, has united me with the Lord, my best Friend, the Lord God. Blessed, blessed is the Guru, who has shown me the Lord, O my soul; servant Nanak blossoms forth in the Name of the Lord. || 4 || 1 ||

Tuesday 7th Vaisaakh (Samvat 536 Nanakshahi) 20 April, 2004 (Page: 537)

DAYV-GANDHAAREE, FIFTH MEHL:

My mind longs for the Blessed Vision of the Lord’s Darshan, and His Name. I have wandered everywhere, and now I have come to follow the Saint. || 1 || Pause || Whom should I serve? Whom should I worship in adoration? Whoever I see shall pass away. I have sought the Sanctuary of the Saadh Sangat, the Company of the Holy; my mind longs for the dust of their Feet. || 1 || I do not know the way, and I have no virtue. It is so difficult to escape from Maya! Nanak has come and fallen at the Guru’s feet; all of his evil inclinations have vanished. || 2 || 2 || 28 ||

Wednesday 8th Vaisaakh (Samvat 536 Nanakshahi) 21 April, 2004 (Page: 533)

RAAG SOOHEE, ASHTAPADEES, FOURTH MEHL, SECOND HOUSE:

If only someone would come, and lead me to meet my Darling Beloved; I would sell myself to him. || 1 || I long for the Blessed Vision of the Lord’s Darshan. When the Lord shows Mercy unto me, then I meet the True Guru; I meditate on the Name of the Lord, Har, Har. || 1 || Pause || If You will bless me with happiness, then I will worship and adore You. Even in pain, I will meditate on You. || 2 || Even if You give me hunger, I will still feel satisfied; I am joyful, even in the midst of sorrow. || 3 || I would cut my mind and body apart into pieces, and offer them all to You; I would burn myself in fire. || 4 || I wave the fan over You, and carry water for You; whatever You give me, I take. || 5 || Poor Nanak has fallen at the Lord’s Door; please, O Lord, unite me with Yourself, by Your Glorious Greatness. || 6 || Taking out my eyes, I place them at Your Feet; after travelling over the entire earth, I have come to understand this. || 7 || If You seat me near You, then I worship and adore You. Even if You beat me and drive me out, I will still meditate on You. || 8 || If people praise me, the praise is Yours. Even if they slander me, I will not leave You. || 9 || If You are on my side, then anyone can say anything. But if I were to forget You, then I would die. || 10 || I am a sacrifice, a sacrifice to my Guru; falling at His Feet, I surrender to the Saintly Guru. || 11 || Poor Nanak has gone insane, longing for the Blessed Vision of the Lord’s Darshan. || 12 || Even in violent storms and torrential rain, I go out to catch a glimpse of my Guru. || 13 || Even though the oceans and the salty seas are very vast, the GurSikh will cross over it to get to his Guru. || 14 || Just as the mortal dies without water, so does the Sikh die without the Guru. || 15 || Just as the earth looks beautiful when the rain falls, so does the Sikh blossom forth meeting the Guru. || 16 || I long to be the servant of Your servants; I call upon You reverently in prayer. || 17 || Nanak offers this prayer to the Lord, that he may meet the Guru, and find peace. || 18 || You Yourself are the Guru, and You Yourself are the chaylaa, the disciple; through the Guru, I meditate on You. || 19 || Those who serve You, become You. You preserve the honor of Your servants. || 20 || O Lord, Your devotional worship is a treasure over-flowing. One who loves You, is blessed with it. || 21 || That humble being alone receives it, unto whom You bestow it. All other clever tricks are fruitless. || 22 || Remembering, remembering, remembering my Guru in meditation, my sleeping mind is awakened. || 23 || Poor Nanak begs for this one blessing, that he may become the slave of the slaves of the Lord. || 24 || Even if the Guru rebukes me, He still seems very sweet to me. And if He actually forgives me, that is the Guru’s greatness. || 25 || That which Gurmukh speaks is certified and approved. Whatever the self-willed manmukh says is not accepted. || 26 || Even in the cold, the frost and the snow, the GurSikh still goes out to see his Guru. || 27 || All day and night, I gaze upon my Guru; I install the Guru’s Feet in my eyes. || 28 || I make so many efforts for the sake of the Guru; only that which pleases the Guru is accepted and approved. || 29 || Night and day, I worship the Guru’s Feet in adoration; have Mercy upon me, O my Lord and Master. || 30 || The Guru is Nanak’s body and soul; meeting the Guru, he is satisfied and satiated. || 31 || Nanak’s God is perfectly permeating and all-pervading. Here and there and everywhere, the Lord of the Universe. || 32 || 1 ||

Thursday 9th Vaisaakh (Samvat 536 Nanakshahi) 22 April, 2004 (Page: 757)

SOOHEE, FIFTH MEHL:

The True Guru was satisfied with me, and blessed me with the Support of the Lord’s Lotus Feet. I am a sacrifice to the Lord. The Lord’s Ambrosial Nectar is an overflowing treasure; everything is in His Home. I am a sacrifice to the Lord. My Father is absolutely all-powerful. God is the Doer, the Cause of causes. Remembering Him in meditation, pain does not touch me; thus I cross over the terrifying world-ocean. In the beginning, and throughout the ages, He is the Protector of His devotees. Praising Him continually, I live. O Nanak, the Naam, the Name of the Lord, is the sweetest and most sublime essence. Night and day, I drink it in with my mind and body. || 1 || The Lord unites me with Himself; how could I feel any separation? I am a sacrifice to the Lord. One who has Your Support lives forever and ever. I am a sacrifice to the Lord. I take my support from You alone, O True Creator Lord. No one lacks this Support; such is my God. Meeting with the humble Saints, I sing the songs of joy; day and night, I place my hopes in You. I have obtained the Blessed Vision, the Darshan of the Perfect Guru. Nanak is forever a sacrifice. || 2 || Contemplating, dwelling upon the Lord’s true home, I receive honor, greatness and truth. I am a sacrifice to the Lord. Meeting the Merciful True Guru, I sing the Praises of the Imperishable Lord. I am a sacrifice to the Lord. Sing the Glorious Praises of the Lord of the Universe, continually, continuously; He is the Beloved Master of the breath of life. Good times have come; the Inner-knower, the Searcher of hearts, has met me, and hugged me close in His Embrace. The musical instruments of truth and contentment vibrate, and the unstruck melody of the sound current resounds. Hearing this, all my fears have been dispelled; O Nanak, God is the Primal Being, the Creator Lord. || 3 || The essence of spiritual wisdom has welled up; in this world, and the next, the One Lord is pervading. I am a sacrifice to the Lord. When God meets the God within the self, no one can separate them. I am a sacrifice to the Lord. I gaze upon the Wondrous Lord, and listen to the Wondrous Lord; the Wondrous Lord has come into my vision. The Perfect Lord and Master is pervading the water, the land and the sky, in each and every heart. I have merged again into the One from whom I originated. The value of this cannot be described. Nanak meditates on Him. || 4 || 2 ||

Friday 10th Vaisaakh (Samvat 536 Nanakshahi) (Page: 777)

RAAMKALEE, FIRST MEHL:

The created Universe emanated from within You; there is no other at all. Whatever is said to be, is from You, O God. He is the True Lord and Master, throughout the ages. Creation and destruction do not come from anyone else. || 1 || Such is my Lord and Master, profound and unfathomable. Whoever meditates on Him, finds peace. The arrow of the Messenger of Death does not strike one who has the Name of the Lord. || 1 || Pause || The Naam, the Name of the Lord, is a priceless jewel, a diamond. The True Lord Master is immortal and immeasurable. That tongue which chants the True Name is pure. The True Lord is in the home of the self; there is no doubt about it. || 2 || Some sit in the forests, and some make their home in the mountains. Forgetting the Naam, they rot away in egotistical pride. Without the Naam, what is the use of spiritual wisdom and meditation? The Gurmukhs are honored in the Court of the Lord. || 3 || Acting stubbornly in egotism, one does not find the Lord. Studying the scriptures, reading them to other people, and wandering around at places of pilgrimage, the disease is not taken away. Without the Naam, how can one find peace? || 4 || No matter how much he tries, he cannot control his semen and seed. His mind wavers, and he falls into hell. Bound and gagged in the City of Death, he is tortured. Without the Name, his soul cries out in agony. || 5 || The many Siddhas and seekers, silent sages and demi-gods cannot satisfy themselves by practicing restraint through Hatha Yoga. One who contemplates the Word of the Shabad, and serves the Guru — his mind and body become immaculate, and his egotistical pride is obliterated. || 6 || Blessed with Your Grace, I obtain the True Name. I remain in Your Sanctuary, in loving devotion. Love for Your devotional worship has welled up within me. As Gurmukh, I chant and meditate on the Lord’s Name. || 7 || When one is rid of egotism and pride, his mind is drenched in the Lord’s Love. Practicing fraud and hypocrisy, he does not find God. Without the Word of the Guru’s Shabad, he cannot find the Lord’s Door. O Nanak, the Gurmukh contemplates the essence of reality. || 8 || 6 ||

Saturday 11th Vaisaakh (Samvat 536 Nanakshahi) (Page: 905)

BILAAVAL, FIFTH MEHL:

He places the one who strays back on the Path; such a Guru is found by great good fortune. || 1 || Meditate, contemplate the Name of the Lord, O mind.The Beloved Feet of the Guru abide within my heart. || 1||Pause || The mind is engrossed in sexual desire, anger, greed and emotional attachment. Breaking my bonds, the Guru has liberated me. || 2 || Experiencing pain and pleasure, one is born, only to die again. The Lotus Feet of the Guru bring peace and shelter. || 3 || The world is drowning in the ocean of fire. O Nanak, holding me by the arm, the True Guru has saved me. || 4 || 3 || 8 ||

Sunday 12th Vaisaakh (Samvat 536 Nanakshahi) (Page: 803)

SHALOK, THIRD MEHL:

He alone knows God, and he alone is a Brahmin, who walks in harmony with the Will of the True Guru. One whose heart is filled with the Lord, is freed of egotism and disease. He chants the Lord’s Praises, gathers virtue, and his light merges into the Light. How rare are those Brahmins who, in this age, come to know God, by lovingly focusing their consciousness on Him. O Nanak, those who are blessed by the Lord’s Glance of Grace, remain lovingly attuned to the Name of the True Lord. || 1 || THIRD MEHL: One who does not serve the True Guru, and who does not love the Word of the Shabad, earns the very painful disease of egotism; he is so very selfish. Acting stubborn-mindedly, he is reincarnated over and over again. The birth of the Gurmukh is fruitful and auspicious. The Lord unites him with Himself. O Nanak, when the Merciful Lord grants His Mercy, one obtains the wealth of the Naam, the Name of the Lord. || 2 || PAUREE: All glorious greatness is in the Name of the Lord; as Gurmukh, meditate on the Lord. One obtains all that he asks for, if he keeps his consciousness focused on the Lord. If he tells the secrets of his soul to the True Guru, then he finds absolute peace. When the Perfect Guru bestows the Lord’s Teachings, then all hunger departs. One who is blessed with such pre-ordained destiny, sings the Glorious Praises of the Lord. || 3 ||

Monday 13th Vaisaakh (Samvat 536 Nanakshahi) 26 April, 2004 (Page: 850)

I am blind, totally blind, entangled in corruption and poison. How can I walk on the Guru’s Path? If the True Guru, the Giver of peace, shows His kindness, He attaches us to the hem of His robe. || 1 || O Sikhs of the Guru, O friends, walk on the Guru’s Path. Whatever the Guru says, accept that as good; the sermon of the Lord, Har, Har, is unique and wonderful. || 1 || Pause || O Saints of the Lord, O Siblings of Destiny, listen: serve the Guru, quickly now! Let your service to the True Guru be your supplies on the Lord’s Path; pack them up, and don’t think of today or tomorrow. || 2 || O Saints of the Lord, chant the chant of the Lord’s Name; the Lord’s Saints walk with the Lord. Those who meditate on the Lord, become the Lord; the playful, wondrous Lord meets them. || 3 || To chant the chant of the Lord’s Name, Har, Har, is the longing I long for; have Mercy upon me, O Lord of the world-forest. O Lord, unite servant Nanak with the Saadh Sangat, the Company of the Holy; make me the dust of the feet of the Holy. || 4 || 4 ||

Tuesday 14th Vaisaakh (Samvat 536 Nanakshahi) 27 April, 2004 (Page: 667)

AASAA, CHHANT, FIFTH MEHL, FOURTH HOUSE:

My mind is pierced by the Lord’s Lotus Feet; He alone is sweet to my mind, the Lord King. Joining the Society of the Saints, I meditate on the Lord in adoration; I behold the Lord King in each and every heart. I behold the Lord in each and every heart, and the Ambrosial Nectar rains down upon me; the pains of birth and death are gone. Singing the Praises of the Lord, the treasure of virtue, all my pains are erased, and the knot of ego has been untied. My Beloved shall not leave me to go anywhere — this is His natural way; my mind is imbued with the lasting color of the Lord’s Love. The Lotus Feet of the Lord have pierced Nanak’s mind, and now, nothing else seems sweet to him. || 1 || Just like the fish which revels in water, I am intoxicated with the sublime essence of the Lord, my Lord King. The Perfect Guru has instructed me, and blessed me with salvation in my life; I love the Lord, my King. The Lord Master, the Searcher of hearts, blesses me with salvation in my life; He Himself attaches me to His Love. The Lord is the treasure of jewels, the perfect manifestation; He shall not forsake us to go anywhere else. God, the Lord Master, is so accomplished, beauteous, and all-knowing; His gifts are never exhausted. As the fish is enraptured by the water, so is Nanak intoxicated by the Lord. || 2 || As the song-bird yearns for the rain-drop, the Lord, the Lord my King, is the Support of my breath of life. My Lord King is more beloved than all wealth, treasure, children, siblings and friends. The absolute Lord, the Primal Being, is more beloved than all; His condition cannot be known. I shall never forget the Lord, for an instant, for a single breath; through the Word of the Guru’s Shabad, I enjoy His Love. The Primal Lord God is the Life of the Universe; His Saints drink in the Lord’s sublime essence. Meditating on Him, doubts, attachments and pains are shaken off. As the song-bird yearns for the rain-drop, so does Nanak love the Lord. || 3 || Meeting the Lord, my Lord King, my desires are fulfilled. The walls of doubt have been torn down, meeting the Brave Guru, O Lord King. The Perfect Guru is obtained by perfect pre-ordained destiny; God is the Giver of all treasures — He is merciful to the meek. In the beginning, in the middle, and in the end, is God, the most beautiful Guru, the Sustainer of the World. The dust of the feet of the Holy purifies sinners, and brings great joy, bliss and ecstasy. The Lord, the Infinite Lord, has met with Nanak, and his desires are fulfilled. || 4 || 1 || 3 ||

Wednesday 15th Vaisaakh (Samvat 536 Nanakshahi) 28 April, 2004 (Page: 453)

RAAG SOOHEE, ASHTAPADEES, FOURTH MEHL, SECOND HOUSE:

If only someone would come, and lead me to meet my Darling Beloved; I would sell myself to him. || 1 || I long for the Blessed Vision of the Lord’s Darshan. When the Lord shows Mercy unto me, then I meet the True Guru; I meditate on the Name of the Lord, Har, Har. || 1 || Pause || If You will bless me with happiness, then I will worship and adore You. Even in pain, I will meditate on You. || 2 || Even if You give me hunger, I will still feel satisfied; I am joyful, even in the midst of sorrow. || 3 || I would cut my mind and body apart into pieces, and offer them all to You; I would burn myself in fire. || 4 || I wave the fan over You, and carry water for You; whatever You give me, I take. || 5 || Poor Nanak has fallen at the Lord’s Door; please, O Lord, unite me with Yourself, by Your Glorious Greatness. || 6 || Taking out my eyes, I place them at Your Feet; after travelling over the entire earth, I have come to understand this. || 7 || If You seat me near You, then I worship and adore You. Even if You beat me and drive me out, I will still meditate on You. || 8 || If people praise me, the praise is Yours. Even if they slander me, I will not leave You. || 9 || If You are on my side, then anyone can say anything. But if I were to forget You, then I would die. || 10 || I am a sacrifice, a sacrifice to my Guru; falling at His Feet, I surrender to the Saintly Guru. || 11 || Poor Nanak has gone insane, longing for the Blessed Vision of the Lord’s Darshan. || 12 || Even in violent storms and torrential rain, I go out to catch a glimpse of my Guru. || 13 || Even though the oceans and the salty seas are very vast, the GurSikh will cross over it to get to his Guru. || 14 || Just as the mortal dies without water, so does the Sikh die without the Guru. || 15 || Just as the earth looks beautiful when the rain falls, so does the Sikh blossom forth meeting the Guru. || 16 || I long to be the servant of Your servants; I call upon You reverently in prayer. || 17 || Nanak offers this prayer to the Lord, that he may meet the Guru, and find peace. || 18 || You Yourself are the Guru, and You Yourself are the chaylaa, the disciple; through the Guru, I meditate on You. || 19 || Those who serve You, become You. You preserve the honor of Your servants. || 20 || O Lord, Your devotional worship is a treasure over-flowing. One who loves You, is blessed with it. || 21 || That humble being alone receives it, unto whom You bestow it. All other clever tricks are fruitless. || 22 || Remembering, remembering, remembering my Guru in meditation, my sleeping mind is awakened. || 23 || Poor Nanak begs for this one blessing, that he may become the slave of the slaves of the Lord. || 24 || Even if the Guru rebukes me, He still seems very sweet to me. And if He actually forgives me, that is the Guru’s greatness. || 25 || That which Gurmukh speaks is certified and approved. Whatever the self-willed manmukh says is not accepted. || 26 || Even in the cold, the frost and the snow, the GurSikh still goes out to see his Guru. || 27 || All day and night, I gaze upon my Guru; I install the Guru’s Feet in my eyes. || 28 || I make so many efforts for the sake of the Guru; only that which pleases the Guru is accepted and approved. || 29 || Night and day, I worship the Guru’s Feet in adoration; have Mercy upon me, O my Lord and Master. || 30 || The Guru is Nanak’s body and soul; meeting the Guru, he is satisfied and satiated. || 31 || Nanak’s God is perfectly permeating and all-pervading. Here and there and everywhere, the Lord of the Universe. || 32 || 1 ||

Thursday 16th Vaisaakh (Samvat 536 Nanakshahi) 29 April, 2004 (Page: 757)

DHANAASAREE, FIRST MEHL, CHHANT:

Why should I bathe at sacred shrines of pilgrimage? The Naam, the Name of the Lord, is the sacred shrine of pilgrimage. My sacred shrine of pilgrimage is spiritual wisdom within, and contemplation on the Word of the Shabad. The spiritual wisdom given by the Guru is the True sacred shrine of pilgrimage, where the ten festivals are always observed. I constantly beg for the Name of the Lord; grant it to me, O God, Sustainer of the world. The world is sick, and the Naam is the medicine to cure it; without the True Lord, filth sticks to it. The Guru’s Word is immaculate and pure; it radiates a steady Light. Constantly bathe in such a true shrine of pilgrimage. || 1 || Filth does not stick to the true ones; what filth do they have to wash off? If one strings a garland of virtues for oneself, what is there to cry for? One who conquers his own self through contemplation is saved, and saves others as well; he does not come to be born again. The supreme meditator is Himself the philosopher’s stone, which transforms lead into gold. The true man is pleasing to the True Lord. He is in ecstasy, truly happy, night and day; his sorrows and sins are taken away. He finds the True Name, and beholds the Guru; with the True Name in his mind, no filth sticks to him. || 2 || O friend, association with the Holy is the perfect cleansing bath. The singer who sings the Lord’s Praises is adorned with the Word of the Shabad. Worship the True Lord, and believe in the True Guru; this brings the merit of making donations to charity, kindness and compassion. The soul-bride who loves to be with her Husband Lord bathes at the Triveni, the sacred place where the Ganges, Jamuna and Saraswaati Rivers converge, the Truest of the True. Worship and adore the One Creator, the True Lord, who constantly gives, whose gifts continually increase. Salvation is attained by associating with the Society of the Saints, O friend; granting His Grace, God unites us in His Union. || 3 || Everyone speaks and talks; how great should I say He is? I am foolish, lowly and ignorant; it is only through the Guru’s Teachings that I understand. True are the Teachings of the Guru. His Words are Ambrosial Nectar; my mind is pleased and appeased by them. Loaded down with corruption and sin, people depart, and then come back again; the True Shabad is found through my Guru. There is no end to the treasure of devotion; the Lord is pervading everywhere. Nanak utters this true prayer; one who purifies his mind is True. || 4 || 1 ||

Friday 17th Vaisaakh (Samvat 536 Nanakshahi) (Page: 687)

DHANAASAREE, FIFTH MEHL:

He alone is called a warrior, who is attached to the Lord’s Love in this age. Through the Perfect True Guru, he conquers his own soul, and then everything comes under his control. || 1 || Sing the Praises of the Lord and Master, with the love of your soul. Those who seek His Sanctuary, and meditate on the Naam, the Name of the Lord, are blended with the Lord in celestial peace. || 1 || Pause || The feet of the Lord’s humble servant abide in my heart; with them, my body is made pure. O treasure of mercy, please bless Nanak with the dust of the feet of Your humble servants; this alone brings peace. || 2 || 4 || 35 ||

Saturday 18th Vaisaakh (Samvat 536 Nanakshahi) (Page: 679)

SORAT’H, FIFTH MEHL, THIRD HOUSE, DU-PADAS:

Bathing in the nectar tank of Ram Das, the residues of all sins are erased. One becomes immaculately pure, taking this cleansing bath. The Perfect Guru has bestowed this gift. || 1 || God has blessed all with peace and pleasure. Everything is safe and sound, as we contemplate the Word of the Guru’s Shabad. || Pause || In the Saadh Sangat, the Company of the Holy, filth is washed off. The Supreme Lord God has become our friend and helper. Nanak meditates on the Naam, the Name of the Lord. He has found God, the Primal Being. || 2 || 1 || 65 ||

Sunday 19th Vaisaakh (Samvat 536 Nanakshahi) (Page: 625)

The Lord is the Fulfiller of desires, the Giver of total peace; the Kaamadhaynaa, the wish-fulfilling cow, is in His power. So meditate on such a Lord, O my soul. Then, you shall obtain total peace, O my mind. || 1 || Chant, O my mind, the True Name, Sat Naam, the True Name. In this world, and in the world beyond, your face shall be radiant, by meditating continually on the immaculate Lord God.|| Pause || Wherever anyone remembers the Lord in meditation, disaster runs away from that place. By great good fortune, we meditate on the Lord. The Guru has blessed servant Nanak with this understanding, that by meditating on the Lord, we cross over the terrifying world-ocean. || 2 || 6 || 12 ||

Monday 20th Vaisaakh (Samvat 536 Nanakshahi) 3 May, 2004 (Page: 669)

SHALOK, FIRST MEHL:

The two lamps light the fourteen markets. There are just as many traders as there are living beings. The shops are open, and trading is going on; whoever comes there, is bound to depart. The Righteous Judge of Dharma is the broker, who gives his sign of approval. O Nanak, those who earn the profit of the Naam are accepted and approved. And when they return home, they are greeted with cheers; they obtain the glorious greatness of the True Name. || 1 || FIRST MEHL: Even when the night is dark, whatever is white retains its white color. And even when the light of day is dazzlingly bright, whatever is black retains its black color. The blind fools have no wisdom at all; their understanding is blind. O Nanak, without the Lord’s Grace, they will never receive honor. || 2 || PAUREE: The True Lord Himself created the body-fortress. Some are ruined through the love of duality, engrossed in egotism. This human body is so difficult to obtain; the self-willed manmukhs suffer in pain. He alone understands, whom the Lord Himself causes to understand; he is blessed by the True Guru. He created the entire world for His play; He is pervading amongst all. || 13 ||

Tuesday 21st Vaisaakh (Samvat 536 Nanakshahi) 4 May, 2004 (Page: 789)

SOOHEE, FOURTH MEHL:

Wherever the Lord is worshipped in adoration, there the Lord becomes one’s friend and helper. By Guru’s Grace, the Lord comes to dwell in the mind; He cannot be obtained in any other way. || 1 || So gather in the wealth of the Lord, O Siblings of Destiny, so that in this world and the next, the Lord shall be your friend and companion. || 1 || Pause || In the company of the Sat Sangat, the True Congregation, you shall earn the wealth of the Lord; this wealth of the Lord is not obtained anywhere else, by any other means, at all. The dealer in the Lord’s Jewels purchases the wealth of the Lord’s jewels; the dealer in cheap glass jewels cannot acquire the Lord’s wealth by empty words. || 2 || The Lord’s wealth is like jewels, gems and rubies. At the appointed time in the Amrit Vaylaa, the ambrosial hours of the morning, the Lord’s devotees lovingly center their attention on the Lord, and the wealth of the Lord. The devotees of the Lord plant the seed of the Lord’s wealth in the ambrosial hours of the Amrit Vaylaa; they eat it, and spend it, but it is never exhausted. In this world and the next, the devotees are blessed with glorious greatness, the wealth of the Lord. || 3 || The wealth of the Fearless Lord is permanent, forever and ever, and true. This wealth of the Lord cannot be destroyed by fire or water; neither thieves nor the Messenger of Death can take it away. Thieves cannot even approach the Lord’s wealth; Death, the tax collector cannot tax it. || 4 || The faithless cynics commit sins and gather in their poisonous wealth, but it shall not go along with them for even a single step. In this world, the faithless cynics become miserable, as it slips away through their hands. In the world hereafter, the faithless cynics find no shelter in the Court of the Lord. || 5 || The Lord Himself is the Banker of this wealth, O Saints; when the Lord gives it, the mortal loads it and takes it away. This wealth of the Lord is never exhausted; the Guru has given this understanding to servant Nanak. || 6 || 3 || 10 ||

Wednesday 22nd Vaisaakh (Samvat 536 Nanakshahi) 5 May, 2004 (Page: 733)

SORAT’H, FIFTH MEHL:

He did not take my accounts into account; such is His forgiving nature. He gave me His hand, and saved me and made me His own; forever and ever, I enjoy His Love. || 1 || The True Lord and Master is forever merciful and forgiving. My Perfect Guru has bound me to Him, and now, I am in absolute ecstasy. || Pause || The One who fashioned the body and placed the soul within, who gives you clothing and nourishment — He Himself preserves the honor of His slaves. Nanak is forever a sacrifice to Him. || 2 || 16 || 44 ||

Thursday 23rd Vaisaakh (Samvat 536 Nanakshahi) 6 May, 2004 (Page: 619)

BILAAVAL, FIFTH MEHL:

He places the one who strays back on the Path; such a Guru is found by great good fortune. || 1 || Meditate, contemplate the Name of the Lord, O mind.The Beloved Feet of the Guru abide within my heart. || 1||Pause || The mind is engrossed in sexual desire, anger, greed and emotional attachment. Breaking my bonds, the Guru has liberated me. || 2 || Experiencing pain and pleasure, one is born, only to die again. The Lotus Feet of the Guru bring peace and shelter. || 3 || The world is drowning in the ocean of fire. O Nanak, holding me by the arm, the True Guru has saved me. || 4 || 3 || 8 ||

Friday 24th Vaisaakh (Samvat 536 Nanakshahi)

TODEE, FIFTH MEHL:

My tongue sings the Praises of the Lord of the world, the ocean of virtue. Peace, tranquility, poise and delight well up in my mind, and all sorrows run away. || 1 || Pause || Whatever I ask for, I receive; I serve at the Lord’s feet, the source of nectar. I am released from the bondage of birth and death, and so I cross over the terrifying world-ocean. || 1 || Searching and seeking, I have come to understand the essence of reality; the slave of the Lord of the Universe is dedicated to Him. If you desire eternal bliss, O Nanak, ever remember the Lord in meditation. || 2 || 5 || 10 ||

Saturday 25th Vaisaakh (Samvat 536 Nanakshahi) (Page: 713)

TODEE, 5th GURU :

Forgetting the Lord, one is ruined forever. How can anyone be deceived, who has Your Support, O Lord? || Pause || Without meditating in remembrance on the Lord, life is like a burning fire, even if one lives long, like a snake. One may rule over the nine regions of the earth, but in the end, he shall have to depart, losing the game of life. || 1 || He alone sings the Glorious Praises of the Lord, the treasure of virtue, upon whom the Lord showers His Grace. He is at peace, and his birth is blessed; Nanak is a sacrifice to him. || 2 || 2 ||

Sunday 26th Vaisaakh (Samvat 536 Nanakshahi) (Page: 711)