Daily Hukamnam.....

SORAT’H, FIFTH MEHL:

The Perfect Guru has attached me to His feet. I have obtained the Lord as my companion, my support, my best friend. Wherever I go, I am happy there. By His Kind Mercy, God united me with Himself. || 1 || So sing forever the Glorious Praises of the Lord with loving devotion. You shall obtain all the fruits of your mind’s desires, and the Lord shall become the companion and the support of your soul. || 1 || Pause || The Lord is the support of the breath of life. I am the dust of the feet of the Holy people. I am a sinner, but the Lord made me pure. By His Kind Mercy, the Lord blessed me with His Praises. || 2 || The Supreme Lord God cherishes and nurtures me. He is always with me, the Protector of my soul. Singing the Kirtan of the Lord’s Praises day and night, I shall not be consigned to reincarnation again. || 3 || One who is blessed by the Primal Lord, the Architect of Destiny, realizes the subtle essence of the Lord. The Messenger of Death does not come near him. In the Lord’s Sanctuary, Nanak has found peace. || 4 || 9 || 59 ||

Tuesday 1st Aasaarh, (Samvat 536 Nanakshahi) (Page: 623)

• Replies 308
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

SHALOK, THIRD MEHL:

The love of Maya is enticing; without teeth, it has eaten up the world. The self-willed manmukhs are eaten away, while the Gurmukhs are saved; they focus their consciousness on the True Name. Without the Name, the world wanders around insane; the Gurmukhs come to see this. Involved in worldly affairs, he wastes his life in vain; the peace-giving Lord does not come to abide in his mind. O Nanak, they alone obtain the Name, who have such pre-ordained destiny. || 1 || THIRD MEHL: The home within is filled with Ambrosial Nectar, but the self-willed manmukh does not get to taste it. He is like the deer, who does not recognize its own musk-scent; it wanders around, deluded by doubt. The manmukh forsakes the Ambrosial Nectar, and instead gathers poison; the Creator Himself has fooled him. How rare are the Gurmukhs, who obtain this understanding; they behold the Lord God within themselves. Their minds and bodies are cooled and soothed, and their tongues enjoy the sublime taste of the Lord. Through the Word of the Shabad, the Name wells up; through the Shabad, we are united in the Lord’s Union. Without the Shabad, the whole world is insane, and it loses its life in vain. The Shabad alone is Ambrosial Nectar; O Nanak, the Gurmukhs obtain it. || 2 || PAUREE: The Lord God is inaccessible; tell me, how can we find Him? He has no form or feature, and He cannot be seen; tell me, how can we meditate on Him? The Lord is formless, immaculate and inaccessible; which of His Virtues should we speak of and sing? They alone walk on the Lord’s Path, whom the Lord Himself instructs. The Perfect Guru has revealed Him to me; serving the Guru, He is found. || 4 ||

Wednesday 2nd Aasaarh, (Samvat 536 Nanakshahi) 16 June 2004 (Page: 643

SORAT’H, FIFTH MEHL, THIRD HOUSE, DU-PADAS:

ONE UNIVERSAL CREATOR GOD. BY THE GRACE OF THE TRUE GURU:

Bathing in the nectar tank of Ram Das, the residues of all sins are erased. One becomes immaculately pure, taking this cleansing bath. The Perfect Guru has bestowed this gift. || 1 || God has blessed all with peace and pleasure. Everything is safe and sound, as we contemplate the Word of the Guru’s Shabad. || Pause || In the Saadh Sangat, the Company of the Holy, filth is washed off. The Supreme Lord God has become our friend and helper. Nanak meditates on the Naam, the Name of the Lord. He has found God, the Primal Being. || 2 || 1 || 65 ||

Thursday 3rd Aasaarh, (Samvat 536 Nanakshahi) (Page: 625)

SORAT’H, 3rd GURU:

He alone is a Sikh, a friend, a relative and a sibling, who walks in the Way of the Guru’s Will. One who walks according to his own will, O Siblings of Destiny, suffers separation from the Lord, and shall be punished. Without the True Guru, peace is never obtained, O Siblings of Destiny; again and again, he regrets and repents. || 1 || The Lord’s slaves are happy, O Siblings of Destiny. The sins and sorrows of countless lifetimes are eradicated; the Lord Himself unites them in His Union. || Pause || All of these relatives are like chains upon the soul, O Siblings of Destiny; the world is deluded by doubt. Without the Guru, the chains cannot be broken; the Gurmukhs find the door of salvation. One who performs rituals without realizing the Word of the Guru’s Shabad, shall die and be reborn, again and again. || 2 || The world is entangled in egotism and possessiveness, O Siblings of Destiny, but no one belongs to anyone else. The Gurmukhs attain the Mansion of the Lord’s Presence, singing the Glories of the Lord; they dwell in the home of their own inner being. One who understands here, realizes himself; the Lord God belongs to him. || 3 || The True Guru is forever merciful, O Siblings of Destiny; without good destiny, what can anyone obtain? He looks alike upon all with His Glance of Grace, but people receive the fruits of their rewards according to their love for the Lord. O Nanak, when the Naam, the Name of the Lord, comes to dwell within the mind, then self-conceit is eradicated from within. || 4 || 6 ||

Friday 4th Aasaarh, (Samvat 536 Nanakshahi) (Page: 601)

TILANG, SECOND HOUSE, FIFTH MEHL:

There is no other than You, Lord. You are the Creator; whatever You do, that alone happens. You are the strength, and You are the support of the mind. Forever and ever, meditate, O Nanak, on the One. || 1 || The Great Giver is the Supreme Lord God over all. You are our support, You are our sustainer. || Pause || You are, You are, and You shall ever be, O inaccessible, unfathomable, lofty and infinite Lord. Those who serve You, are not touched by fear or suffering. By Guru’s Grace, O Nanak, sing the Glorious Praises of the Lord. || 2 || Whatever is seen, is Your form, O treasure of virtue, O Lord of the Universe, O Lord of incomparable beauty. Remembering, remembering, remembering the Lord in meditation, His humble servant becomes like Him. O Nanak, by His Grace, we obtain Him. || 3 || I am a sacrifice to those who meditate on the Lord. Associating with them, the whole world is saved. Says Nanak, God fulfills our hopes and aspirations. I long for the dust of the feet of the Saints. || 4 || 2 ||

Saturday 5th Aasaarh, (Samvat 536 Nanakshahi) (Page: 723)

SOOHEE, FIFTH MEHL:

The religious rites, rituals and hypocrisies which are seen, are plundered by the Messenger of Death, the ultimate tax collector. In the state of Nirvaanaa, sing the Kirtan of the Creator’s Praises; contemplating Him in meditation, even for an instant, one is saved. || 1 || O Saints, cross over the world-ocean. One who practices the Teachings of the Saints, by Guru’s Grace, is carried across. || 1 || Pause || Millions of cleansing baths at sacred shrines of pilgrimage only fill the mortal with filth in this Dark Age of Kali Yuga. One who sings the Glorious Praises of the Lord in the Saadh Sangat, the Company of the Holy, becomes spotlessly pure. || 2 || One may read all the books of the Vedas, the Bible, the Simritees and the Shaastras, but they will not bring liberation. One who, as Gurmukh, chants the One Word, acquires a spotlessly pure reputation. || 3 || The four castes — the Kh’shaatriyas, Brahmins, Soodras and Vaishyas — are equal in respect to the teachings. One who, as Gurmukh, chants the Naam, the Name of the Lord, is saved. In this Dark Age of Kali Yuga, O Nanak, God is permeating the hearts of each and every being. || 4 || 3 || 50 ||

Sunday 6th Aasaarh, (Samvat 536 Nanakshahi) (Page: 747)

BAIRAAREE, FOURTH MEHL:

The Lord’s humble servant sings the Glorious Praises of the Lord’s Name. Even if someone slanders the Lord’s humble servant, he does not give up his own goodness. || 1 || Pause || Whatever the Lord and Master does, He does by Himself; the Lord Himself does the deeds. The Lord and Master Himself imparts understanding; the Lord Himself inspires us to speak. || 1 || The Lord Himself directs the evolution of the world of the five elements; He Himself infuses the five senses into it. O servant Nanak, the Lord Himself unites us with the True Guru; He Himself resolves the conflicts. || 2 || 3 ||

Monday 7th Aasaarh, (Samvat 536 Nanakshahi) (Page: 719)

SORAT’H, 5th GURU :

The Lord abides in my mind and body. Everyone congratulates me on my victory. This is the glorious greatness of the Perfect Guru. His value cannot be described. || 1 || I am a sacrifice to Your Name. He alone, whom You have forgiven, O my Beloved, sings Your Praises. || 1 || Pause || You are my Great Lord and Master. You are the support of the Saints. Nanak has entered God’s Sanctuary. The faces of the slanderers are blackened with ashes. || 2 || 22 || 86 ||

Tuesday 8th Aasaarh, (Samvat 536 Nanakshahi) (Page: 629)

SORAT’H, THIRD MEHL, FIRST HOUSE, TI-TUKAS:

You always preserve the honor of Your devotees, O Dear Lord; You have protected them from the very beginning of time. You protected Your servant Prahlaad, O Dear Lord, and annihilated Harnaakhash. The Gurmukhs place their faith in the Dear Lord, but the self-willed manmukhs are deluded by doubt. || 1 || O Dear Lord, this is Your Glory. You preserve the honor of Your devotees, O Lord Master; Your devotees seek Your Sanctuary. || Pause || The Messenger of Death cannot touch Your devotees; death cannot even approach them. The Name of the Lord alone abides in their minds; through the Naam, the Name of the Lord, they find liberation. Wealth and all the spiritual powers of the Siddhis fall at the feet of the Lord’s devotees; they obtain peace and poise from the Guru. || 2 || The self-willed manmukhs have no faith; they are filled with greed and self-interest. They are not Gurmukh — they do not understand the Word of the Shabad in their hearts; they do not love the Naam, the Name of the Lord. Their masks of falsehood and hypocrisy shall fall off; the self-willed manmukhs speak with insipid words. || 3 || You are pervading through Your devotees, O Dear God; through Your devotees, You are known.All the people are enticed by Maya; they are Yours, Lord — You alone are the Architect of Destiny. Overcoming my egotism and quieting the desires within my mind, I have come to realize the Word of the Guru’s Shabad. || 4 || God automatically does the work of those who love the Name of the Lord. By Guru’s Grace, he ever dwells in their minds, and He resolves all their affairs. Whoever challenges them is destroyed; they have the Lord God as their Savior. || 5 || Without serving the True Guru, no one finds the Lord; the self-willed manmukhs die crying out in pain. They come and go, and find no place of rest; in pain and suffering, they perish. But one who becomes Gurmukh drinks in the Ambrosial Nectar, and is easily absorbed in the True Name. || 6 || Without serving the True Guru, one cannot escape reincarnation, even by performing numerous rituals. Those who read the Vedas, and argue and debate without the Lord, lose their honor. True is the True Guru, and True is the Word of His Bani; in the Guru’s Sanctuary, one is saved. || 7 || Those whose minds are filled with the Lord are judged as true in the Court of the Lord; they are hailed as true in the True Court. Their praises echo throughout the ages, and no one can erase them. Nanak is forever a sacrifice to those who enshrine the Lord within their hearts. || 8 || 1 ||

Wednesday 9th Aasaarh, (Samvat 536 Nanakshahi) (Page: 637)

TODEE, FIFTH MEHL:

My tongue sings the Praises of the Lord of the world, the ocean of virtue. Peace, tranquility, poise and delight well up in my mind, and all sorrows run away. || 1 || Pause || Whatever I ask for, I receive; I serve at the Lord’s feet, the source of nectar. I am released from the bondage of birth and death, and so I cross over the terrifying world-ocean. || 1 || Searching and seeking, I have come to understand the essence of reality; the slave of the Lord of the Universe is dedicated to Him. If you desire eternal bliss, O Nanak, ever remember the Lord in meditation. || 2 || 5 || 10 ||

Thursday 10th Aasaarh, (Samvat 536 Nanakshahi) (Page: 713)

SOOHEE, FIFTH MEHL:

An intense yearning to meet God has welled up in my heart. I have gone out searching to find my Beloved Husband Lord. Hearing news of my Beloved, I have laid out my bed in my home.. Wandering, wandering all around, I came, but I did not even see Him. || 1 || How can this poor heart be comforted? Come and meet me, O Friend; I am a sacrifice to You. || 1 || Pause || One bed is spread out for the bride and her Husband Lord. The bride is asleep, while her Husband Lord is always awake. The bride is intoxicated, as if she has drunk wine. The soul-bride only awakens when her Husband Lord calls to her. || 2 || She has lost hope — so many days have passed. I have travelled through all the lands and the countries. I cannot survive, even for an instant, without the feet of my Beloved. When God becomes Merciful, I become fortunate, and then I meet Him. || 3 || Becoming Merciful, He has united me with the Sat Sangat, the True Congregation. The fire has been quenched, and I have found my Husband Lord within my own home. I am now adorned with all sorts of decorations. Says Nanak, the Guru has dispelled my doubt. || 4 || Wherever I look, I see my Husband Lord there, O Siblings of Destiny. When the door is opened, then the mind is restrained. || 1 || Second Pause || 5 ||

Friday 11th Aasaarh, (Samvat 536 Nanakshahi) 25 June 2004 (Page: 737)

DHANAASAREE, FIFTH MEHL:

Body, mind, wealth and everything belong to Him; He alone is all-wise and all-knowing. He listens to my pains and pleasures, and then my condition improves. || 1 || My soul is satisfied with the One Lord alone. People make all sorts of other efforts, but they have no value at all. || Pause || The Ambrosial Naam, the Name of the Lord, is a priceless jewel. The Guru has given me this advice. It cannot be lost, and it cannot be shaken off; it remains steady, and I am perfectly satisfied with it. || 2 || Those things which tore me away from You, Lord, are now gone. When golden ornaments are melted down into a lump, they are still said to be gold. || 3 || The Divine Light has illuminated me, and I am filled with celestial peace and glory; the unstruck melody of the Lord’s Bani resounds within me. Says Nanak, I have built my eternal home; the Guru has constructed it for me. || 4 || 5 ||

Sunday 13th Aasaarh, (Samvat 536 Nanakshahi) 27 June 2004 (Page: 671)

BILAAVAL, FIFTH MEHL:

The Divine Guru has blessed me with total happiness. He has linked His servant to His service. No obstacles block my path, meditating on the incomprehensible, inscrutable Lord. || 1 || The soil has been sanctified, singing the Glories of His Praises. The residues of sinful mistakes are eradicated, meditating on the Name of the Lord. || 1 || Pause || He Himself is pervading everywhere; from the very beginning, and throughout the ages, His Glory has been radiantly manifest. By Guru’s Grace, sorrow does not touch me. || 2 || The Guru’s Feet seem so sweet to my mind. He is unobstructed, dwelling everywhere. I found total peace, when the Guru was pleased. || 3 || The Supreme Lord God has become my Savior. Wherever I look, I see Him there with me. O Nanak, the Lord and Master protects and cherishes His slaves. || 4 || 2 ||

Monday 14th Aasaarh, (Samvat 536 Nanakshahi) (Page: 801)

DHANAASAREE, FIFTH MEHL:

He alone is called a warrior, who is attached to the Lord’s Love in this age. Through the Perfect True Guru, he conquers his own soul, and then everything comes under his control. || 1 || Sing the Praises of the Lord and Master, with the love of your soul. Those who seek His Sanctuary, and meditate on the Naam, the Name of the Lord, are blended with the Lord in celestial peace. || 1 || Pause || The feet of the Lord’s humble servant abide in my heart; with them, my body is made pure. O treasure of mercy, please bless Nanak with the dust of the feet of Your humble servants; this alone brings peace. || 2 || 4 || 35 ||

Wednesday 16th Aasaarh, (Samvat 536 Nanakshahi) (Page: 679)

WADAHANS, FIFTH MEHL:

When You allow Yourself to be known, then we know You. We chant Your Name, which You have given to us. || 1 || You are so wonderful! Your creative potency is amazing! || 1 || Pause || You Yourself are the Cause of causes; You Yourself are the Creator. By the Hukam of Your Command, we are born, and by Your Command, we die. || 2 || Your Name is the Support of our mind and body. This is Your blessing to Nanak, Your slave. || 3 || 8 ||

Sunday 20th Aasaarh, (Samvat 536 Nanakshahi) (Page : 563)

SHALOK, THIRD MEHL:

One who serves his True Guru, is worshipped by everyone. Of all efforts, the supreme effort is the attainment of the Lord’s Name. Peace and tranquility come to dwell within the mind; meditating within the heart, there comes a lasting peace. The Ambrosial Amrit is his food, and the Ambrosial Amrit is his clothes; O Nanak, through the Naam, the Name of the Lord, greatness is obtained. || 1 || THIRD MEHL: O mind, listen to the Guru’s Teachings, and you shall obtain the treasure of virtue. The Lord, the Giver of peace, shall dwell in your mind, and your egotism and pride shall depart. O Nanak, when the Lord bestows His Glance of Grace, then, night and day, one centers his meditation on the Lord. || 2 || PAUREE: The Gurmukh is totally truthful, content and pure. Deception and wickedness have departed from within him, and he easily conquers his mind. There, the Divine Light and the essence of bliss are manifest, and ignorance is eliminated. Night and day, he sings the Glorious Praises of the Lord, and manifests the excellence of the Lord. The One Lord is the Giver of all; the Lord alone is our friend. || 9 ||

Monday 21st Aasaarh, (Samvat 536 Nanakshahi) 05 July 2004 (Page : 511)

BIHAAGRAA, FIFTH MEHL, CHHANT:

O you of righteous faith, chant the Lord’s Name; why do you remain silent? with your eyes, you have seen the treacherous ways of Maya. Nothing shall go along with you, except the Name of the Lord of the Universe. Land and clothes, gold and silver — all of these things are useless. Children, spouse and worldly honors, elephants, horses and other corrupting influences shall not go with you. Prays Nanak, without the Saadh Sangat, the Company of the Holy, the whole world is false. || 1 || O king, why are you asleep? Why don’t you wake up to reality? It is useless to cry and whine about Maya, but so many weep and wail. So many weep and wail for Maya, the great enticer, but without the Name of the Lord, there is no peace. Thousands of clever tricks and efforts will not succeed. They go wherever the Lord wills them to go. In the beginning, in the end, and in the middle, He is all-pervading everywhere; He is in each and every heart. Prays Nanak, those who join the Saadh Sangat go to the house of the Lord with honor. || 2 || O king of the people, you know your palaces and wise servants? You shall certainly have to separate from them; your attachment to them will cause you to regret. Beholding the phantom city, you have gone astray; how can you find stability now? Absorbed in things other than the Name of the Lord, this human life is wasted in vain. Indulging in egotistical actions, your thirst is not quenched. Your desires are not fulfilled, and you do not attain spiritual wisdom. Prays Nanak, without the Name of the Lord, many have departed with regret. || 3 || Showering His blessings, the Lord has made me His own. Grasping my arm, He has pulled me out of the mud, and blessed me with the Saadh Sangat, the Company of the Holy. Worshipping the Lord in the Saadh Sangat, all my sins and sufferings are burnt away. This is the greatest religion, and the best act of charity; this alone shall go along with you. My tongue chants in adoration the Name of the One Lord and Master; my mind and body are drenched in the Lord’s Name. O Nanak, whoever the Lord unites with Himself, is filled with all virtues. || 4 || 6 || 9 ||

Tuesday 22nd Aasaarh, (Samvat 536 Nanakshahi) (Page : 547)

DHANAASAREE, FIFTH MEHL:

Body, mind, wealth and everything belong to Him; He alone is all-wise and all-knowing. He listens to my pains and pleasures, and then my condition improves. || 1 || My soul is satisfied with the One Lord alone. People make all sorts of other efforts, but they have no value at all. || Pause || The Ambrosial Naam, the Name of the Lord, is a priceless jewel. The Guru has given me this advice. It cannot be lost, and it cannot be shaken off; it remains steady, and I am perfectly satisfied with it. || 2 || Those things which tore me away from You, Lord, are now gone. When golden ornaments are melted down into a lump, they are still said to be gold. || 3 || The Divine Light has illuminated me, and I am filled with celestial peace and glory; the unstruck melody of the Lord’s Bani resounds within me. Says Nanak, I have built my eternal home; the Guru has constructed it for me. || 4 || 5 ||

Wednesday 23rd Aasaarh, (Samvat 536 Nanakshahi) 07 July 2004 (Page: 671)

SOOHEE, FIRST MEHL:

That vessel alone is pure, which is pleasing to Him. The filthiest vessel does not become pure, simply by being washed. Through the Gurdwara, the Guru’s Gate, one obtains understanding. By being washed through this Gate, it becomes pure. The Lord Himself sets the standards to differentiate between the dirty and the pure. Do not think that you will automatically find a place of rest hereafter. According to the actions one has committed, so does the mortal become. He Himself bestows the Ambrosial Name of the Lord. Such a mortal departs with honor and renown; his life is embellished and redeemed, and the trumpets resound with his glory. Why speak of poor mortals? His glory shall echo throughout the three worlds. O Nanak, he himself shall be enraptured, and he shall save his entire ancestry. || 1 || 4 || 6 ||

Thursday 24th Aasaarh, (Samvat 536 Nanakshahi) (Page: 730)

SORAT’H, FIFTH MEHL:

He is imperishable, the Giver of all beings; meditating on Him, all filth is removed. He is the treasure of excellence, the object of His devotees, but rare are those who find Him. || 1 || O my mind, meditate on the Guru, and God, the Cherisher of the world. Seeking His Sanctuary, one finds peace, and he shall not suffer in pain again. || 1 || Pause || By great good fortune, one obtains the Saadh Sangat, the Company of the Holy. Meeting them, evil-mindedness is eliminated. Slave Nanak yearns for the dust of the feet of those, who have woven the Lord’s Name into their hearts. || 2 || 5 || 33 ||

Friday 25th Aasaarh, (Samvat 536 Nanakshahi) 09 July 2004

BILAAVAL, THIRD MEHL, THE SEVEN DAYS, TENTH HOUSE:

Sunday: He, the Lord, is the Primal Being. He Himself is the Pervading Lord; there is no other at all. Through and through, He is woven into the fabric of the world. Whatever the Creator Himself does, that alone happens. Imbued with the Naam, the Name of the Lord, one is forever in peace. But how rare is the one, who, as Gurmukh, understands this. || 1 || Within my heart, I chant the Chant of the Lord, the treasure of virtue. The Lord, my Lord and Master, is inaccessible, unfathomable and unlimited. Grasping the feet of the Lord’s humble servants, I meditate on Him, and become the slave of His slaves. || 1 || Pause || Monday: The True Lord is permeating and pervading. His value cannot be described. Talking and speaking about Him, all keep themselves lovingly focused on Him. Devotion falls into the laps of those whom He so blesses. He is inaccessible and unfathomable; He cannot be seen. Through the Word of the Guru’s Shabad, the Lord is seen to be permeating and pervading everywhere. || 2 || Tuesday: The Lord created love and attachment to Maya. He Himself has enjoined each and every being to their tasks. He alone understands, whom the Lord causes to understand. Through the Word of the Guru’s Shabad, one understands his heart and home. He worships the Lord in loving devotion. His egotism and self-conceit are burnt away by the Shabad. || 3 || Wednesday: He Himself bestows sublime understanding. The Gurmukh does good deeds, and contemplates the Word of the Shabad. Imbued with the Naam, the Name of the Lord, the mind become pure and immaculate. He sings the Glorious Glorious Praises of the Lord, and washes off the filth of egotism. In the Court of the True Lord, he obtains lasting glory. Imbued with the Naam, he is embellished with the Word of the Guru’s Shabad. || 4 || The profit of the Naam is obtained through the Door of the Guru. The Great Giver Himself gives it. I am a sacrifice to the One who gives it. By Guru’s Grace, self-conceit is eradicated. O Nanak, enshrine the Naam within your heart. I celebrate the victory of the Lord, the Great Giver. || 5 || Thursday: The fifty-two warriors were deluded by doubt. All the goblins and demons are attached to duality. God Himself created them, and sees each one distinct. O Creator Lord, You are the Support of all. The beings and creatures are under Your protection. He alone meets You, whom You Yourself meet. || 6 || Friday: God is permeating and pervading everywhere. He Himself created all, and appraises the value of all. One who become Gurmukh, contemplates the Lord. He practices truth and self-restraint. Without genuine understanding, all fasts, religious rituals and daily worship services lead only to the love of duality. || 7 || Saturday: Contemplating good omens and the Shaastras, in egotism and self-conceit, the world wanders in delusion. The blind, self-willed manmukh in engrossed in the love of duality. Bound and gagged at death’s door, he is beaten and punished. By Guru’s Grace, one finds lasting peace. He practices Truth, and lovingly focuses on the Truth. || 8 || Those who serve the True Guru are very fortunate. Conquering their ego, they embrace love for the True Lord. They are automatically imbued with Your Love, O Lord. You are the Giver of peace; You merge them into Yourself. Everything comes from the One and only Lord; there is no other at all. The Gurmukh realizes this, and understands. || 9 || The fifteen lunar days, the seven days of the week, the months, seasons, days and nights, come over and over again; so the world goes on. Coming and going were created by the Creator Lord. The True Lord remains steady and stable, by His almighty power. O Nanak, how rare is that Gurmukh who understands, and contemplates the Naam, the Name of the Lord. || 10 || 1 ||

Sunday 27th Aasaarh, (Samvat 536 Nanakshahi) 11 July 2004 (Page: 841)

BILAAVAL, FIFTH MEHL, CHHANT, MANGAL ~ THE SONG OF JOY:

SHALOK: God is beautiful, tranquil and merciful; He is the treasure of absolute peace, my Husband Lord. Meeting with God, the Ocean of Peace, O Nanak, this soul becomes happy. || 1 || CHHANT: One finds God, the Ocean of Peace, when destiny is activated. Abandoning the distinctions of honor and dishonor, grasp the Feet of the Lord. Renounce cleverness and trickery, and forsake your evil-minded intellect. O Nanak, seek the Sanctuary of the Sovereign Lord, Your King, and your marriage will be permanent and stable. || 1 || Why forsake God, and attach yourself to another? Without the Lord, you cannot even live. The ignorant fool does not feel any shame; the evil man wanders around deluded. God is the Purifier of sinners; if he forsakes God, tell me, where he can find a place of rest? O Nanak, by loving devotional worship of the Merciful Lord, he attains the state of eternal life. || 2 || May that vicious tongue that does not chant the Name of the Great Lord of the World, be burnt. One who does not serve God, the Lover of His devotees, shall have his body eaten by crows. Enticed by doubt, he does not understand the pain it brings; he wanders through millions of incarnations. O Nanak, if you desire anything other than the Lord, you shall be consumed, like a maggot in manure. || 3 || Embrace love for the Lord God, and in detachment, unite with Him. Give up your sandalwood oil, expensive clothes, perfumes, tasty flavors and the poison of egotism. Do not waver this way or that, but remain wakeful in the service of the Lord. O Nanak, she who has obtained her God, is a happy soul-bride forever. || 4 || 1 || 4 ||

Monday 28th Aasaarh, (Samvat 536 Nanakshahi) (Page: 847)

RAAMKALEE, FIFTH MEHL:

The fire runs away from the fuel. The water runs away from the dust in all directions. The feet are above, and the sky is beneath. The ocean appears in the cup. || 1 || Such is our all-powerful dear Lord. His devotees do not forget Him, even for an instant. Twenty-four hours a day, O mind, meditate on Him. || 1 || Pause || First comes the butter, and then the milk. The dirt cleans the soap. The fearless are afraid of fear. The living are killed by the dead. || 2 || The visible body is hidden, and the etheric body is seen. The Lord of the world does all these things. The one who is cheated, is not cheated by the cheat. With no merchandise, the trader trades again and again. || 3 || So join the Society of the Saints, and chant the Lord’s Name. So say the Simritees, Shaastras, Vedas and Puraanas. Rare are those who contemplate and meditate on God. O Nanak, they attain the supreme status. || 4 || 43 || 54 ||

Tuesday 29th Aasaarh, (Samvat 536 Nanakshahi) 13 July 2004 (Page: 900)

SHALOK, THIRD MEHL:

If you long for your Husband Lord, O young and innocent bride, then focus your consciousness on the Guru’s feet. You shall be a happy soul bride of your Dear Lord forever; He does not die or leave. The Dear Lord does not die, and He does not leave; through the peaceful poise of the Guru, the soul bride becomes the lover of her Husband Lord. Through truth and self-control, she is forever immaculate and pure; she is embellished with the Word of the Guru’s Shabad. My God is True, forever and ever; He Himself created Himself. O Nanak, she who focuses her consciousness on the Guru’s feet, enjoys her Husband Lord. || 1 || When the young, innocent bride finds her Husband Lord, she is automatically intoxicated with Him, night and day. Through the Word of the Guru’s Teachings, her mind becomes blissful, and her body is not tinged with filth at all. Her body is not tinged with filth at all, and she is imbued with her Lord God; my God unites her in Union. Night and day, she enjoys her Lord God; her egotism is banished from within. Through the Guru’s Teachings, she easily finds and meets Him. She is imbued with her Beloved. O Nanak, through the Naam, the Name of the Lord, she obtains glorious greatness. She ravishes and enjoys her God; she is imbued with His Love. || 2 || Ravishing her Husband Lord, she is imbued with His Love; she obtains the Mansion of His Presence. She is utterly immaculate and pure; the Great Giver banishes self-conceit from within her. The Lord drives out attachment from within her, when it pleases Him. The soul bride becomes pleasing to the Lord’s Mind. Night and day, she continually sings the Glorious Praises of the True Lord; she speaks the Unspoken Speech. Throughout the four ages, the One True Lord is permeating and pervading; without the Guru, no one finds Him. O Nanak, she revels in joy, imbued with His Love; she focuses her consciousness on the Lord. || 3 || The mind of the soul bride is very happy, when she meets her Friend, her Beloved Lord. Through the Guru’s Teachings, her mind becomes immaculate; she enshrines the Lord within her heart. Keeping the Lord enshrined within her heart, her affairs are arranged and resolved; through the Guru’s Teachings, she knows her Lord. My Beloved has enticed my mind; I have obtained the Lord, the Architect of Destiny. Serving the True Guru, she finds lasting peace; the Lord, the Destroyer of pride, dwells in her mind. O Nanak, she merges with her Guru, embellished and adorned with the Word of the Guru's Shabad. || 4 || 5 || 6 ||

Wednesday 30th Aasaarh, (Samvat 536 Nanakshahi) (Page: 771)

SORAT’H, FIFTH MEHL, SECOND HOUSE:

In our mother’s womb, You blessed us with Your meditative remembrance, and You preserved us there. Through the countless waves of the ocean of fire, please, carry us across and save us, O Savior Lord! || 1 || O Lord, You are the Master above my head. Here and hereafter, You alone are my Support. || Pause || He looks upon the creation like a mountain of gold, and sees the Creator as a blade of grass. You are the Great Giver, and we are all mere beggars; O God, You give gifts according to Your Will. || 2 || In an instant, You are one thing, and in another instant, You are another. Wondrous are Your ways! You are beautiful, mysterious, profound, unfathomable, lofty, inaccessible and infinite. || 3 || When You brought me to the Saadh Sangat, the Company of the Holy, then I heard the Bani of Your Word. Nanak is in ecstasy, beholding the Glory of the Primal Lord of Nirvaanaa. || 4 || 7 || 18 ||

Thursday 31th Aasaarh, (Samvat 536 Nanakshahi) 15 July 2004 (Page: 613)