Beauty

Kwizit

Vaheguru Ji Ka Khalsa Vaheguru Ji Ki Fateh

External beauty is often a reflection of inward consciousness. Many people, including myself, have worked on our physical appearance to build up self-confidence to some degree, whether it be by wearing clothes or adding gel to the hair (or in my case to the beard). Our physical appearance is not just about impressing others, but conveys information about ourselves to them, our convictions and aspirations. Some carry with them external symbols of faith to assist in the rememberance of principles to assist them in their journey of inner discovery. Some wear makeup, to enhance the beauty that God has bestowed upon them either to project an image of confidence that will assist then inside in getting what they seek, or to attract a companion that will serve the same ends, love. Some carry with them a smile and need nothing else external to give them the inner peace they are given. Everything in nature is about cycles, much like the water cycle in which a river parts with the water that comprises it, which evaporates from it but returns in the form of rain. Similarly a desire originates within us, we try to fulfill that desire through physical things, and hope it will induce in an internal reaction to the external action and fulfill that desire.

It is true that beauty is in the eye of the beholder and can't be measured without comparison to other things we are aware of. But if one was not to make comparisons with anything and evaluate their selves through more truthful eyes, in which they were to become seperate from the world stage and look at themselves in isolation, we would get a better picture of what we lack on the inside, which itself is just a perception bound in the framework of time. Any want is bound to time, just as any desire is. We precieve of it's fulfillment occuring in the future (whether it be a moment or a year), but why dwell on that when all that exists is the present?

I once heard something, i can't remember from where, but it has never left my mind, and brought me a great peace inside when looking at the world stage and the unfolding drama.

"Happiness is not measured by the amount of something you have, it is measured by how much of it you need to be happy and how much you have."

Some people need more physical things, more money, more beauty, more women, more family to be happy. Some people are content with what He gives them with no desire for anything else. To them the universe belongs.

Vaheguru Ji Ka Khalsa Vaheguru Ji Ki Fateh