Guru Ji's advice to Muslims

• 3 months later...

theeh kar rakhae pa(n)j kar saathhee naao saithaan math katt jaaee ||

You may observe the thirty fasts, and say the five prayers each day, but 'Satan' can undo them.

(Siree Raag, First Mehl)

well, since Bab Guru Nanak was muslim so he was repeating to muslims what it was already told muslims..

of course, this is right and i already knew this IN ISLAM..

but u pals just took the outter meaning of this sentence..

ISLAM TELLS MUSLIM THAT 5 PRAYERS AND FASTS SHOULD BE PERFORMED WITH CLEAN + pious HEART , LIKE WITHOUT ANY GREED...

Allah knows everything...

for example, if one person says his 5 prayers without his full attention to God then there satan can overcome on him..

overall, DIL SE URR ACHI NIYAT SE KAAM KARO GE TO PHAL MEETHA HEE HO GA ( CHANGGE TE SAAF SUTHRE MANN + NIYAT NAAL KOI KAMM KARO GE TA RABB DEE MADAD MILDI HAI, NAHEE TA UTTON UTTON KARAN WAALA KOI BHEE KAMM TE SATAN HEE KARWAYE GA

Hold up!!!!

Guru Nanak Ji Was never a muslim, he was born into a Hindu family but thats bout it, now ur the one thats going to old stories, for ur information.I think u need to be checking things b4 writin things.

Hold up!!!!

Guru Nanak Ji Was never a muslim, he was born into a Hindu family but thats bout it, now ur the one thats going to old stories, for ur information.I think u need to be checking things b4 writin things.

lol..

i know that he was born in hindu family but he never liked hindus' tradition

, there are many proofs which show that Guru Nanak embraced Islam..

of course, sikhs have to make as many excuses when they hear that Guru Nanak was a True Muslim later in his life

if sikhs don't make any excuses then they have to follow Islam which i guess they don't like to follow because of sikhs later hindu influenced gurus..

BTW, I JUST ANSWERED TO THIS THREAD TITLE...REST DISCUSSION COULD BE TAKEN PLACE ON SEPARATE THREAD...

Guest Maha_Pavitar

Why are you so hostile..so eager for all to embrace Islam? I'm sorry but with such 'strong' feelings how can you be a Muslim? From the definitions and descriptions you yourself have given us..you're telling me this is what Islam is? I honestly doubt it..There are no excuses, Sikhi is universal..in a way we are all Sikhs, Hindus, Muslims, Christians, etc..

If Muslims believe Guru Nanak to be Muslim, to what extent do they follow his teachings and his message?

Do they read Japji Sahib?

Do they believe in eqality that is giving women a higher status within the society?

Do they belive in reincarnation?

Do they believe in brotherhood of all man kind?

Do they practice love, compassion, tolerance of all others religions and cultures as Guru ji taught?

How do Muslims or various Multitude of Muslim sects incoporate the teaching of Guru Nanak Dev ji (Guru of the Universe) in their every day life?

Please answer Ammanwala

H.

There is a muslim sect, known as the Nanakpanthis, they believe in the Guru Nanak Dev ji and they also meditate upon Guru ji's Banis. They were and are very peace loving people. They live and let live without imosing their Islamic beliefs or distorting histories to assert their point. That is a dirct effect of Nanakian phiolosophy. If only we all believed in Guru Nanak rather than claiming him to be mine or yours, there would be true peace on earth.

Regards

H.

Guest Javanmard

Dear Imaan wala, how can you call yourself a Muslim if you pertinently disrespect the desires of the Holy Prophet (pbuh)!

1. You do not respect the Prophet (pbuh) because you do not recognise Imam Ali (as) as his true successor!

2. Because you fail to do so you do not respect the traditions of the Ahlul Bayt (as) and the last rose of the 14 Masumeen, Imam Mahdi (as) who is still in ghaybat.

3. Mirza Ghulam Ahmad can in NO WAY be the Mahdi because he simply is NOT the son of the 11th Imam!

If you call yourself a Muslim please do recognise Imam (as) as the righteous successor of the Prophet (pbuh). You post about Islam yet you fail to practice your religion properly. Please repsect the wishes of the Holy Prophet (pbuh) and recognise the 14 Masumeen!!!

see the folliwng link http://alhafeez.org/rashid/overview.htm