16 Days With Sant Baba Maan Singh (DAY 15)

THIS ONE IS AWESOME! I LOVE THE LAST PARAGRAPH :wink:

Day 15 : Death

Guru Arjun Dev jee says,

"Ja kau ae soi bihajhoh, Har gur te maneh basera.

Nij ghar mahal pavoh sukh sahje bahur na hoego phera ||3|| "

(Rag Gauri Purbi Mahala 5, Kirtan Sohila)

"Buy that commodity (i.e. God?s Name) for which you have come into this world,

God will dwell within you by the grace of the Guru.

You will get the presence of God in your own home

and obtain the beautitude easily,

you will not go into the cycle of transmigration again."

We have received this human life, but will not keep it forever. We have received it so that by meditating on God?s Name, Waheguru, and by leading a religious life, our soul will escape from births and death. We don?t want to suffer the pain of death life after life. We were born this time so that we never have to die again.

Every evening we read Kirtan Sohila, Guru jee tells us,

"Karoh benantee sunoh merey meeta, sant tahal kee belaa.

Eeha kaat chaloh har laaha, agai bus?n suhilaa."

"..Listen friend, do the requesting prayer,

for now is the best opportunity to serve the saints.

Gather God?s Name in this world, take the profit with you into the next world

and live resplendently..."(Rag Gauri Purbi Mahala 5)

We?re here to earn the profit of Naam, God?s Name Waheguru.

Think how difficult a journey is especially, if there are rocky roads and you have no money with you. But, at least you have your body. In the journey to the next world you won?t even have your body. In the next life you have no body, nor caste to take with you. Someone asked me, "How will the 5Ks go with you?" In the next world God?s Word, Gurbanee, will go with us, Gurbanee can be memorised - it abides in the soul not the body, Gurbanee goes with us. By being greatly blessed, it will reside in your heart. A Sikh who has received amrit, an amrit-dharee, feels a lot of hurt when their Kirpan (short sword) or Kanga (comb) fall accidentally. After a man retires he gets pension depending on the length of his service. The longer we are amrit-dharee the better of we?ll be in the next world. Guru jee said that this life is only four days long (child, youth, middle age and old age). Remember you are going to die one day. Everyone who comes into this world will have to die, there are no exceptions.

Everyone has to leave the world. A cat holds it kittens lovingly in its mouth, she doesn?t bite them with her sharp teeth. But if a mouse falls in between those teeth then there?s no hope for the mouse. Death looks at man like the cat looks at the mouse. Death will get the one without a Guru, the Manmukh. Bhagat Kabeer jee was asked to describe how horribly death takes a Manmukh. Bhagat Kabeer jee said, "Its painful, get 100 swords into one sword get a thousand of these swords and when that strikes you its still not as painful as Death." When death comes he strikes the Manmukh unconscious. Death collects the one who belongs to the Guru, the Gurmukh, like the kitten in its mother?s mouth.

Baba Fareed jee tells us that when a person comes into the world the date and time of their death is already written. They have a limited amount of breaths. When a judge sentences a prisoner, he also states the release date. Its the same way when we come into this world. We reap the rewards of what we sow.

O Beloved Ones of the Guru, Guru Pyario, Bhagat Fareed jee tells us that just as the cat loves her kittens, so death takes the ones who?ve meditated on God?s Name with love not pain.

When Guru Gobind Singh jee reached the south of India with his army, he was resting after having eaten. His body guards were standing nearby, one of whom was Bhai Daya Singh jee. He was always alongside Guru jee in battle and in performing service, or seva. Near the time of his death he laid out a white sheet. The ones that belong to the Guru, the Gurmukhs, have no fear of leaving their body, they are already detached from it. People began singing God?s Words, Gurbanee, "Why should we cry when a Sant dies? Why should one cry when a Sant dies for he is going to his home!"

Guru jee heard the singing and asked who had died? One of Guru jee?s bodyguards went to the place where Bhai Daya Singh left his body. The bodyguard came back to Guru jee and said, "The head of the Beloved Five Punj Pyare has gone back to God?s Realm, Sach Khand." Guru jee said, "He went to Sach Khand without even telling me."

Guru jee instructed the bodyguard to stand at Bhai Daya Singh jee?s feet, say to his spirit, "Our Guru-Father has recalled you. Come and meet him before you go." The bodyguard did as requested and after his prayer, or Ardas, Bhai Daya Singh jee came back into his body and stood up.

Now reach the pure land of KartarPur, The Creators Town. Guru Nanak Dev jee?s final moments are approaching, he?s lying under a white sheet. On one side are Hindus on the other are Muslims. When Baba Siri Chand heard that his father had gone, he started crying at his father?s side, "O Guru Nanak jee, you didn?t even tell me you were going. Dearest Guru-father jee, come back for even 4 hours. Guru jee came back and said, "Son, if you had asked for 4 Ages I would have stayed that long."

After Guru Nanak jee left, the Hindus wanted to cremate the body, but the Muslims wanted to bury it. To their astonishment, when they removed the sheet there was no body and no arguments. The Muslims then said that they would make a tomb in his memory by the river. However, when they placed their half of the sheet down by the riverside, the wind blew the sheet away. When people came looking for Guru Nanak jee they found him in Guru Angad Dev jee.

Sant Attar Singh jee came to Ropar state and told the Sikhs to go to the villages and sing God?s Words, do Kirtan. But, no one came to the Kirtan program because it was the time to sow the seeds while the soil was still moist. It was a crucial time for farmers. Sant jee personally went and invited the sangat to the Kirtan program, and he himself sung simple Kirtan. Over 5000 people became inspired to receive amrit! They were simple folk, but now people are clever, and even after hearing this series of 21 days preaching, they still aren?t convinced.

When Sant Attar Singh jee left a place he would sing, "Meet the Saints and meditate on God?s Name, the Saints will go soon."

Before he left this world, the other Sant Isher Singh from Nanaksar, told the Sangat that he?d received the orders from Waheguru jee to return. The Sikhs asked him why he had never ever said the "Fateh!" (Victory) greeting in his life. He replied that only when you have achieved victory in something should you say the word "Fateh!".

A few days later after Rahras Sahib, or the evening prayer, in the presence of Guru Granth Sahib jee, Sant Isher Singh jee got up and put his hands together, he said, "Waheguru jee ka Khalsa, Waheguru jee kee Fateh!"

The Sikhs were surprised, Sant jee had never said "Fateh!" in his whole life! Sant jee bowed to Guru Granth Sahib jee and left his body in this position.

"Karoh benantee sunoh merey meeta, sant tahel kee belaa.

Eeha kaat chaloh har laaha, agai bus?n suhela."

"..Listen friend, do the requesting prayer,

for now is the best opportunity to serve the saints.

Gather God?s Name in this world, take the profit with you into the next world

and live resplendently...".(Rag Gauri Purbi Mahala 5)

People say there?s no need for Sants, but Khalsa jee because the world was starved of Sants, Guru Nanak Dev jee came. Nowadays, the holy congregation, or Sadh-Sangat, wants to hear its own praises from the preachers who require pounds. I require Khalsa. I?ll tell you straight, you don?t have a sense of shame, without the sense of shame their is no religion. When Maharaja Ranjit Singh jee had committed shameful acts, he was called in front of the 5 Heads, or Jathedars, of the 5 Takhats, seats of Sikh Authority. The 5 Jathedars, lead by Akali Phoola Singh jee, asked, "Did you break the rules of the Guru?s House?" The Maharaja admitted he had. Akali Phoola Singh jee said, "Either you reject the Sikh Religion, or you accept the punishment from the 5 Beloved Punj Pyare." He agreed to accept the punishment, one of the Jathedars suggested washing up dishes, or sweeping the gurdwara, but Akali Phoola Singh jee said, "Whip him 20 times, so that coming generations know that the Khalsa Panth, or Nation, dealt

severley with the Maharaja for his shameful act."

Bhai Daya Singh jee got up and went to Guru jee. Guru jee said, "Why didn?t you meet me before you left this world?" He replied, "I received the order from the Immortal Being, Akal Purakh, I had to go immediately, but I heard your request just as I was entering Sach Khand, God?s Realm." Guru jee said, "Bhai Daya Singh jee, tell my beloved Waheguru jee that I?ll be coming a few days after you." Bhai Daya Singh jee lay under the white sheet and saying "Waheguru Waheguru" he left his body and headed to the land of Nirankar, the Formless One.

Before Bhagat Kabeer jee left this world, he went to Kanshee town, because Shiv jee?s curse would send anyone dying in this town to hell regardless of them being a good or bad person. Bhagat Kabeer jee wanted to prove it wasn?t true and lifted the curse.

I would like to give many congratulations to the ones that received amrit earlier today. Sant Gurbachan Singh jee used to tell the ones who?d just received amrit, to go home and light candles. He told them, "Think how happy you are when a child is born into your house, you express your joy by lighting candles and then celebrate. Well, today you have been born into the house of Guru-Father Guru Gobind Singh jee."

For the ones that didn?t receive amrit today, there?s another amrit ceremony in 2 weeks time. This is for the ones who can?t make up their minds, like when your sitting on a sofa you make your mind to get up but a few minutes later you find your self still sitting there! Make your minds up and make the effort. Do this prayer, Ardas, "Guru jee help us become successful in our efforts."

A man was standing in the road thinking shall I go home or shall I go to the Guru? He got stuck, shall I go home or shall I go to the Guru. A women was driving past, she said, "Step to one side!" He decided to go to the Guru. Sangat jee, get to one side - make your mind up! Today, Guru was greatly graceful, he blessed 325 people with amrit.

Khalsa jee, I feel that with Guru Nanak?s blessing that the UK, USA and Canada will become Khalsa that have received amrit before India ever does. I have a big mission and that is to help 1000 to receive amrit before I leave the UK in 3 weeks time.

Preachers say to me, "We sing Kirtan for three weeks and inspire 15 people to receive amrit, you get many more, why?" I said, "You get what you really want i.e. money! I get what I want - Khalsa!" I ask each congregation I go to, "How many people will you give to receive amrit?"

Each of the ones who received amrit today will be presented with a siropa, scarf of honour.

Khalsa jee some people have been spreading rumours that the amrit today was distributed in glasses!! Let the dogs bark, I?ll carry on strong. You can kill me one thousand times, but I?ll carry on with this mission!

Today Khalsa jee, I?m very happy with you receiving amrit. Remember the importance of the Kachera, or shorts. Someone asked me, "Sant jee, why do you wear such a long Kachera." I said it is a brake. It enforces chastity. Would you ride a motor-bike without any brakes? The longer the Kachera the more powerful the brakes are on Lust!!!

All of the Sangat put your might into speaking in ardas....

Vaheguru Ji Ka Khalsa, Vaheguru Ji Ki Fateh !

Thankyou for reading Sangat Jee....Look out for the Last Day !!