16 Days With Sant Baba Maan Singh (DAY 16 - FINAL ONE!)

FATEH - THIS IS THE LAST DAY OF THESE POSTS - ID LIKE TO THAT H S LAKHAN FOR HIS TRANSLATIONS.. :D:D AND I KNOW I MADE A MISTAKE - IT WAS 16 DAYS... NOT 15 :P:P:oops:

Day 16 : This Life is for Remembering God?s Name.

What are we here for? What should we be doing? Only the ones who?ve got attached to the feet of Guru jee have a life, any other life is not even worth a penny. We have obtained this life for meditating on God?s Name, or Naam. Without Naam, this life is totally wasted. Just like some goats don?t give milk, so you can say their teats are useless. It makes no difference if they had teats or not. In the same way the ones who haven?t remembered God?s Name, have just come here for show. They look like a human being but they are empty of Naam inside. It makes no difference that they came to this world or not. Khalsa jee, Satguru jee tells us,

"Jini asa har nam na cheti-o, se kaheh jug aa-i-eh raam raaje?

_why did the ones who never remembered God?s Name come into this world?"

Again Guru jee tells us, "Eh manas janam dulumb ha, naam bina birtha sabh jaai

...this human life is precious but without Naam it is wasted."

Satguru jee tells us yet again, "Bhai re bhagat-heen ka-in jag ae-i-aa,

pooreh gur kee seva na keenee, birtha janam gavaa-i-aa

_O man empty of worship, why did you come into this world?

You never served the perfect complete Guru and wasted this precious life."

A woman can put on lots of make-up and jewellery and dress up as much as she wants, but without obtaining a husband her efforts got to waste. In the same way, a person comes into the world and collects wealth and riches, but without obtaining Waheguru jee the true husband, all of the soul-bride?s efforts go to waste.

Reach Anandpur Sahib, the City of Joy, Guru Gobind Singh jee?s royal court, or darbar is in process. The Sikhs are in the holy congregation at Guru jee?s feet and no one can break their concentration. They have fixed their attention on the Guru?s form. Guru jee was explaining God?s Word when he asked a Sikh, "Khalsa jee! Are you familiar with Bhagat Kabeer jee?s name?" The Sikh replied, "O protector of the poor, Gareeb Nivaaj, is there anyone that hasn?t heard of Bhagat Kabeer jee? We read his stories and sing his Words. His caste was of a weaver, his wife was Mai Lohee, he had a son Kumala and one daughter Kumalee. Guru jee, he used to repeat God?s Name and he used to do a lot of worshipping and praising." Guru jee said, "Khalsa jee, tell me who was the King at Bhagat Kabeer jee?s time?" One Sikh guessed wrongly "Babar." The next Sikh wrongly guessed "Jahengeer." The third Sikh wrongly guessed "Hundyoo" and so on, everyone guessed wrongly. Guru Gobind Singh jee said, "Khalsa jee, how can you forget

a King?s name? A King has millions of acres in his Kingdom, he has countless wives and children, he has a great many treasures, he has mighty generals under his command, he is the head of powerful armies. O Khalsa jee, how can you forget the name of such great Kings? Yet, you remember the name of a low caste weaver Bhagat Kabeer jee."

The Sikhs said, "O protector of the poor, Bhagat Kabeer jee used to repeat Supreme God?s Name, he used to worship and meditate on the Supreme God, he was a Saint, a Bhagat." Guru jee said, "O beloved ones, look at the glory of Naam and the priceless value of doing meditation and serving the Guru." Over time the names of Kings and Emperors will pile up and the world will forget them all, but as long as the world remains it will remember Bhagat Kabeer jee, his glory will be ever radiant like the rays of the Sun." That?s why Guru Granth Sahib jee has told us, "Naam raahi-o, Sadhoo raahi-o, raahi-o Gur Gobind_Naam stays true, the Saints stay true and God, the Protector of the World, stays true." Everything else is false.

Some disciples of Bhagat Kabeer jee said, "Baba jee, we have some questions in our mind, may we ask them?" Bhagat Kabeer jee said, "Of course beloved ones." A disciple asked, "Baba jee, some people say that powerful Emperors are the greatest beings because they could stop men from going from one place to another if they desired. Some people say that the priests are the greatest beings yet others say that brave warriors are the greatest. Some say the ones who make charitable offerings are the greatest, O Baba jee who truly is the greatest being in this world?" Bhagat Kabeer jee said, "you didn?t even mention the greatest one in your list."

"Pandit Soor Chadr Pat Raja, Bhagat Brabr ko-ee na

_The Priest, Warrior, Donor and King and not equal to the Saint"

The beloved Saints of Waheguru jee are greater than everyone else.

Take your mind to Delhi at the time of the Master, Guru Hargobind jee. After his father Guru Arjan Dev jee?s martyrdom, he brought a great change to the Sikh Religion. When the previous Guru jees went for their coronation ceremony, the existing Guru jee would bow with the traditional 5 paise-coins, a coconut and a Tilak, or mark on the forehead would be made. Guru Hargobind jee?s coronation was being performed by Baba Budda jee. When he was about to mark the Tilak mark on Guru jee?s forehead, Guru Hargobind jee said, "Baba jee give the Tilak to the Hindu priests, bring me a mighty sword, I will be fighting wars!"

Guru Hargobind jee wore the two swords of Miri, (representing military power) and Piri (representing spiritual power). He said, "Baba jee, this is not the time to just meditate with a rosary. No, alongside worship (Bhagtee) there will be worldly power (Shaktee). Baba jee, if a dog attacks someone, then there is nothing wrong in defending yourself with a stick." Guru Hargobind jee wore the two swords of Miri and Piri and established the political throne of Akal Takhat.

Guru Hargobind jee was over seven foot tall, he was so strong that he could hold a gold soverign in his palm and erase the inscribed date just by wiping his thumb across it. Guru Hargobind jee had a very, very, powerful body.

In Delhi the Emperor, Jahangeer asked Guru jee, "You carry a sword, so do I, you wear a royal plume, so do I, you have an army, I too am the leader of great armies. I rule many lands and people address me as BadShah - King. However, people address you as Sacheh Patshah - the True Emperor of Emperors. Why don?t they call me this?"

The answer to this is very simple, only the ones attached to truth can be true -

"Jis no bakshe siffaat salaah, Nanak patshahee patshaah

_The ones blessed with singing God?s praises and glories,

are the King of Kings says Nanak."

All other Kingship is false, the ones joined with truth and imbued in Naam are the real Kings.

Guru Hargobind jee said, "You will have to wait a little while before I tell you the answer."

One is the King of the whole world if becoming a Gurmukh they meditate on Naam.

"Prabh ko simro sabh ke rajeh_

The King of All is the one who remembers God?s Name"

Guru jee said to the Emperor, "Wait some time then you?ll understand why they call me the true King of Kings, Sacheh Patshaah. If I tell you the answer you won?t believe it so wait a while."

Khalsa jee, give me your attention, many preachers say that I insult and degrade them. Not so, the Kirtanee-musicians, Katha-discoursers and the Granthi-priests are the pillars of the Guru?s house. The more holy and pure their life is the more holy and pure the holy congregation, or sadh-sangat will become. Sant Baba Sundar Singh jee said, "If one Saint lives his whole life in chastity, then hundreds of thousands of saints will be born!" Khalsa jee, the ones that serve as preachers, yet drink alcohol and eat meat, will go to hell.

At the time of Maharaja Ranjit Singh, Shera-Punjab or the Lion-Of-Punjab, the Head Granthi of HarMandir Sahib (Golden Temple) was Bhai Mansa Singh jee. He was so poor, that he didn?t even have enough money to buy a hot plate to cook chippatees on. So he made his own one, cooked his own chipatees and then did his service in the divine court of Guru-King Guru Ram Das jee. Observe how much respect and devotion the Sikhs had for their faith.

One time the Lion-of-Punjab heard about his poverty and thought it wasn?t right that such an important person such as the Head Granthi should be so poor that he couldn?t even afford to buy a hot plate. The Maharaja rode an elephant laden with gold. Bhai Mansa Singh jee was looking out from an upstairs window and saw the Maharaja coming.

Khalsa jee, is it a sin or a virtue to sell your sister? Sin! Is it a sin or a virtue to sell your daughter? Sin! Is it a sin or a virtue to sell your own mother? Sin! So, Khalsa jee is it a sin or a virtue to sell God?s Word, Gurbanee? Sin!! Gurbanee will not be sold. Out of respect one may give hundreds of thousands of pounds or none at all, one may give a tiny coin or even a flower out of respect, but Gurbanee will not be sold. We have no faith in our Guru jee, if we had faith then the Guru becomes merciful he will call you, he will call you and give you everything.

Bhai Mansa Singh jee saw the Maharaja in the distance. When he came close, Bhai Mansa Singh jee locked his doors. The Maharaja himself came and knocked on his door after one of his Ministers had failed with his attempt. The Minister said, "Bhai Mansa Singh jee, the Maharaja is here to see you." Bhai Mansa Singh jee replied, "Tell the Maharaja that I don?t want to see him." The Minister failed to persuade Bhai Mansa Singh jee to open the door. Bhai Mansa Singh jee said, "I don?t want his riches, I want the world to remember that the Head Granthi of Guru Ram Das jee?s house was a simple man." When Maharaja Ranjit Singh jee also failed in his attempt to open the door, he sighed and wiped away his tears, he said to his Minister, "The ones that desire to be with me I don?t desire them, the ones I desire to be with don?t desire me."

Lets return to Delhi.

It wasn?t for nothing that Guru Gobind Singh jee said to Aurangzeb, "If your Turks are the kings in Delhi, then my Sikhs are the Kings in Sach Khand, God?s Realm of Truth."

Guru Hargobind jee began to say, "I?ll soon tell you why I?m called the True King, Sache Patshah and you?re just called King, BadShah." Guru jee said, "I?m going to Agra, it would be great if you came with us." They reached Agra, in the morning there was a religious program were the Sikhs were blessed with the sacred sight, or darshan of Guru jee. One Sikh by the name of Bhai Sheeha, missed Guru?s darshan. He had received Naam from Guru Arjan Dev jee, but had not yet seen Guru Hargobind jee. Often he would be forced to miss meals because he was so poor. He had made great efforts to earn the few pennies he had. He kept them in his turban so that when he did finally see the sacred sight of Guru Hargobind jee he would be able to offer it and make his life successful. In his prayer, he would ask, "O True Guru jee, when will the time come, when will the time come when I?m blessed with your darshan?"

One day he heard Guru HarGobind jee was coming to his locality. It was a hot day in the middle of summer. People were surprised he hadn?t turned up earlier and asked him, "Where have you been?" He was so happy he couldn?t contain the joy within and sung, "On hearing that my Beloved Guru was coming, my mind has been filled with delight_.Sunni-aa guru da aa-ona, man vich chao hoi-gi-a."

He was so happy, he wanted to put his best clothes on, but all his clothes were torn and ragged. O Sangat jee, to be rich is not a virtue, to be extremely poor is not a sin. Rich and poor is not in the Guru?s house. He put on his torn turban and ragged clothes on. He made his way to Agra. He may have been a poor man judging by his body, but his spiritual wealth was greater than all the Kings put together.

"Jis no bakshe siffaat salaah, Nanak patshahee patshaah_The ones blessed with singing God?s praises and glories, are the King of Kings says Nanak."

Guru Hargobind jee and Jahangeer had left to go hunting. People ask, "Why did Guru Hargobind jee and Guru Gobind Singh jee go hunting?" Sadh Sangat jee, they didn?t go hunting in order to eat the meat. No, they went to save the Sikhs who?d been cursed in previous lives into being born as animals. Bhai Moola Khatree was cursed at Guru Nanak Dev jee?s time and saved by Guru Gobind Singh jee. Guru Hargobind jee fought 4 battles, Guru Gobind Singh jee fought 21 battles. Animals struck by the Guru?s arrows and weapons were liberated.

Bhai Sheeha reached Agra and asked where his beloved Guru jee was. He was told that the Guru had gone hunting along with Emperor Jahangeer. He was so sad at having missed the Guru jee.

Without a Guru, a person is like a fish out of water. Guru jee has shown us a wonder, a fish lives in water, he has water inside him he needs water to breath, he drinks water, his life is water inside and out, but when he?s separated from water his very life goes. He has been separated from water but his body never forgets water even after it is dead.

The ones who eat fish first take the scales off and cut it up then they need water to wash it- he?s been cut up and quartered, still hes grateful and says, "O water!" Then its rinsed in water. The ones who eat the fish chew and cut it with their teeth, he?s been cut and chewed, yet his thirst for water doesn?t leave. The one who eats it has a thirst for water every 15 to 30 minutes. Even in the stomach it remembers water and the one who ate it has an urge to drink water. Just as the fish never forgets water. The Sikhs never forget the Guru nor God?s Word, Gurbanee.

Lets reach Delhi, Bhai Mati Das is about to be tortured. Guru Tegh Bahadur jee asked him, "Beloved one, do you have any final request?" He humbly replied, "Guru jee, may my soul be at your feet when life leaves my body."

Does the one without a Guru have a life? Does he? Does he? Remember the martyrdoms of Bhai Mani Singh jee, Bhai Taroo Singh jee, Baba Deep Singh jee, Bhai Subegh Singh jee - they had love for Guru jee. They gave up their life for love and never forgot their Guru jee, even while they were cut and broken into pieces like the fish.

Bhai Mani Singh jee was Head Granthi of Harmandar Sahib. Can any Granthi say his life is anywhere near as devoted as was Bhai Mani Singh jees? He spoke truth, lived the truth and died for the truth.

Sangat jee, Sant Isher Singh jee has said to me never beg. Today all the money that you donate will be given to your new Gurdwara building fund, so please leave with lighter pockets. Bhai Mani Singh jee organised the Sangat to gather together for Diwalee. Nawab Khan demanded tax on the money that had been donated. Bhai Mani Singh jee said, "Nawab Khan, there is no money for you or your government from Guru Ram Das jee?s treasury!" Sant Isher Singh jee said, "Mistakes can be forgiven, but if the Guru?s money enters your house you can never be forgiven. Your generations will suffer, the Guru?s money is for the Guru?s house." Bhai Mani Singh jee was summoned to Lahore and sentenced to be cut joint by joint. Khalsa jee, the Nation that forgets it?s history is destroyed.

The executioner was about to cut Bhai Mani Singh jee?s wrist, he sharpened his knife and touched his wrist before striking it. Bhai Mani Singh jee said, "You?ve been ordered to cut me joint by joint. Start at the finger joints!"

Nowadays, people say that their mind is weak - they can?t resist alcohol. O Sikhs, your spirit never broke when they cut you joint by joint, when they scalped you alive and when they broke you on the torturer?s wheel, but now you tell me your spirit breaks over nothing.

Bhai Mani Singh jee said to the executioner obey your orders. The executioner became cold with fear and put his blade down. He said to Nawab Khan - "I can?t cut this man joint by joint." Another executioner had to do the job.

Bhai Sheeha jee went into the jungle barefoot looking for Guru HarGobind jee,

"Mera man lochay Gur Darshan thaa-ee_my mind yearns for the blessed vision of the Guru".

Walking through late at night his feet started bleeding from being pricked with thorns, but he had love in his heart. Jahangeer was sitting on his throne inside his tent. He wore a turban-crown adorned with the royal Kalgi-plume, he carried swords and had his servants all around him. Further along the river, Guru Hargobind jee was sitting with his Sikhs. Bhai Sheeha saw the royal Kalgi-plume, the turban-crown and the swords of Jahangeer and mistakenly thought he had found Guru Hargobind jee. He walked towards him, but the soldiers stopped him. He was so upset at not being allowed to see his Guru. He had no shoes, he wore ragged clothes and a torn turban, he was poor of body but King of Kings by spirit. Jahangeer took pity and let him enter.

Bhai Sheeha took the money out of his turban and lay flat like a stick at his feet. Jahangeer said, "O Sikh, ask for whatever you want." He said, "Patshah, O King of Kings I never want to be born again, this is my request Guru jee."

Jahangeer said ,"You?ve made a mistake. I?m the King of Delhi, only the Guru can give you liberation, you have to go further down the river for that. I can only give you wealth." Bhai Sheeha said, "Badshah, O King, I?ve made a mistake, give me back the coins I offered at your feet. I thought you were Patshah, King of Kings, I had heard the Guru Patshah can give freedom from the cycle of birth after birth. By going to the Guru I thought I?d obtain peace of mind. Badshah, O King, give my offering back."

Jahangeer said, "Take as much wealth as you want." Bhai Sheeha said, "I earned that offering through my sweat and tears, it will get me liberation. I only want those coins back." Jahangeer said, "How can your small offering get you liberation, your small offering can?t even get you lessons in liberation!" Bhai Sheeha jee said, "Satguru, the True Guru, is not hungry for money, he looks for devotion, he longs for the disciples love." Jahangeer said, "Take wealth instead," Bhai Sheeha jee said, "Even if you gave me all the treasures from all the worlds, I?d spit them out."

Nowadays its very difficult to work hard and give money away, its hard to even give our Daswand, or tenth of our earnings. Bhai Sheeha took his coins back and fell at Guru jee?s feet. He cried and cried. Guru jee said, "Sheeha ask for something." His teeth locked he said, "Patshah, King of Kings, I just wanted your darshan, your holy vision." He didn?t even want liberation any more. He kept crying and just as a mother can?t stand to see her child crying, Guru jee kept asking "Sheeha ask for something." Bhai Sheeha kept replying, "Patshah, O King of Kings, I just wanted your Darshan." Guru Hargobind jee said, "If you asked for it, I could make you the king of the world, if you desire it I can give you liberation." Bhai Sheeha replied, "I need nothing except for the love for your lotus feet." Guru jee was so moved by his devotees love that he blessed him by saying, "21 generations of your family will be ferried across to Waheguru jee and in this place there will be a Gurdwara in memory of our spritu

al love, in a few days your poverty will disappear too."

Jahangeer came and said to Guru jee, "One of your Sikhs came and asked me for liberation, but I couldn?t give him that. What I could give he refused, he wouldn?t take the wealth I offered him." Guru jee said, "Remember you asked me why I?m called Sachay Patshah and why you are only a Badshah? Well here is your answer, you are not liberated and you can?t give liberation, that?s why you aren?t called Sachay Patshah and I am."

Khalsa jee I?ll keep coming back to help you build your new Gurdwara. Have you ever thought how much power a police man has in his hand when he controls the traffic? He can cause a traffic jam. Have you ever thought how much power Guru Nanak Dev jee has? A Sant has 2 hands, he?s a Sant because he gets things done that committees and other people can?t. A Sant gets it done because he?s not after money. Khalsa jee, pounds and dollars can be earned by doing overtime, but the Khalsa life has to be earned by receiving amrit and mediating on Naam. Khalsa jee, make such a huge Gurdwara that can be seen for miles around, make it the main Gurdwara in London.

Sing 'Great is, Great is, Great is Guru..?

Dhan Ha, Dhan Ha, Dhan Ha, Guru Nanak Sahib jee Dhan ha

Dhan Ha, Dhan Ha, Dhan Ha, Guru Angad Sahib jee Dhan ha

Dhan Ha, Dhan Ha, Dhan Ha, Guru Amar Das jee Dhan ha

Dhan Ha, Dhan Ha, Dhan Ha, Guru Ram Das jee Dhan ha

Dhan Ha, Dhan Ha, Dhan Ha, Guru Arjun Sahib jee Dhan ha

Dhan Ha, Dhan Ha, Dhan Ha, Guru HarGobind Sahib jee Dhan ha

Dhan Ha, Dhan Ha, Dhan Ha, Guru Har Rai Sahib jee Dhan ha

Dhan Ha, Dhan Ha, Dhan Ha, Guru Har Krishan Sahib jee Dhan ha

Dhan Ha, Dhan Ha, Dhan Ha, Guru Tegh Bahadur Dhan ha

Dhan Ha, Dhan Ha, Dhan Ha, Guru Gobind Singh jee Dhan ha

Dhan Ha, Dhan Ha, Dhan Ha, Guru Granth Sahib jee Dhan ha

Dhan Ha, Dhan Ha, Dhan Ha, Tera Panth Khalsa Dhan ha

Satnaam Siree Waheguru bol

-speak the true name, Holy Waheguru

Waheguru Waheguru Waheguru bol

-Speak Waheguru Waheguru Waheguru

Waheguru Bol Kadha na Dol

-Speak Waheguru, never be down

Waheguru Waheguru Bol pyari-aa, tera mitr lagaaga bol pyar-ia

-speak waheguru beloved one, your speech becomes sweet beloved one

Waheguru jee ka khalsa, Waheguru Jee Kee Fateh!

Waheguru Jee?s Khalsa, Waheguru Jee?s Victory!

Vaheguru Ji Ka Khalsa, Vaheguru Ji Ki Fateh !

BOLE_SO_NIHAAL SAT_SRI_AKAAL !!!

Vaheguru Ji Ka Khalsa, Vaheguru Ji Ki Fateh !

• 1 month later...

i'v just read all 16 days, they were soooooooooo good :shock:

u wont believe how helpful it was for me to read them all, it answered so many questions. for me thats the best thing i'v read by far!

b4 i used to think that just cus i iddnt drink or smoke or eat meat that that meant i was a great sikh, but after reading that i realise that i'm far from it!

thanks to SB for telling me about the posts! :)