Guru Khalsa Panth

Most people acknowledge that Guru Gobind Singh Ji gave Guruship to Guru Granth and Guru Panth, but who exactly is the Guru Panth? When decisive decisions have to be made who takes part in making these decisions?

The Panth includes everyone who owes alligence to Guru Maharaj, but obviously not everyones view is going to be counted, rather it would be a select body of people. When decisions are made ie Jhatka Meat is allowed, Kesh as Kakkar, Dasam Granth in parkash alongside Adi Guru Granth; there are often people who will not accept them, does this mean that the Guru Panth isnt aknowledged?

On the other hand, do decisions by the Panth hold authority over previous protocol in the times of the Guru?

Please Discuss

I'll answer the question with another wicked question.

Why do these matters need to be decisive? If I think Kesh is Kakkar and Mrl. Singh thinks Keski is kakkar...we are both perfectly able to live our spitual life without interfering with one another.

unless the ego gets in the way

Personally, I think before we wrestle with the issues that may largely be up to personal taste, we need some kind of leadership to shore up our base in Panjab. I see modern Sikhs...young, modern Sikhs that live in the west...that SUPPORT the caste system. I see entire families ooooh and aaahhhhh over some sort of astrological thing they did while in India.

The female to male ratio in Panjab is THE WORST in the world, creating a human disaster that makes a veritable laughing stock of our values...yet is on display for the entire world to see.

My mother is not Sikh. She is concerned about the idea of me marrying a Sikh man. She believes that they are intensely disrespectful to women.

Well...can you blame her?

Our religion speaks of equality, yet it was only this year that women were allowed to do kirtan in our highest temple.

The decision of women's seva in our highest temple has been met with such anger that shastras and kirpans were drawn and used...not as holy symbols but as weapons plunged into the flesh of another fellow Sikh.

When greed-laden artists seek to show Sikhi in a bad light (Carol Lay, GK Bhatti), some in our community have offered death threats to the offenders, while others cheered them on. So, all of the sudden they have the power to decide who should die? Funny, they don't meet the description of God that I read in Mool Mantra. But...boy, doesn't that make us look good? Hey all you westerners. See these guys that are largely brown skinned sporting beards and turbans? They want to kill these women that spoke out against them. Yep, many of those men want to see those women dead just because they disagreed. I distates both of them...but I don't believe that gives me the power to wish them dead.

Values. Core values. The values taught in Gurbani. This is where the leadership needs to be. Anything else is a distraction of the ego.

In my views,

Guru Khalsa Panth is all the sampardha's(lineages/order)

from Guru's time, independent scholars & saints (as long as they stay within maryada) who have these following qualities

Orginal Panj Pyares

1. Daya Singh: Compassion and Sympathy.

2. Dharam Singh: Truth and Discipline.

3. Himmat Singh: Strength and Courage.

4. Mohkam Singh: Determination and Fortitude.

5. Saheb Singh: Royalty and Nobleness

Remember one sampardha, group or org can never represent Guru Khalsa Panth.

Pillars of Guru Khalsa Panth is 5 beloved of Khalsa (5 qualities in one) choosen by Siri Guru Gobind Singh Ji.

That's a beauty of Guru Khalsa Panth.

Waheguru ji ka khalsa waheguru ji ki fateh

I just bow my head wherever in my room when I pray, jusy assume that Guru Ji is in front of u while u were praying hunna?

but I think its good to bow to sangat and I noticed so many humble ppl do bow to the sangat but after bowing to Guru Granth Sahib Ji. I think Guru Granth Sahib Ji is the highest but I still think we bow to sangat cos Guru Gobind Singh Ji even said that proper Singh are Guru Ji's roop.

(soz if that didnt make sense)!

Fateh Har Naal Pyar Ji

:D thats a wicked reply... gives much food for thought!! :D

makes sense especially if we believe in Ek Onkar... the ever presence of Waheguru. :)

:arrow: for all to consider:

does this ever become ritualistic though? where Sikhs dont know why they are doing something and simply do it because of tradition. Does this bring up the notion of other great sikh practices, which have simply become rituals?... is this where the power of panth is to be found?.. do we have a combined strength... to help eduate each other?.. or is this our combined weakness (duality). :?: :!: :?: :?:

i would really appreciate ur views. :idea:

Waheguru Ji Ka Khalsa Waheguru Ji Ke Fateh

Ghost, I don't really think I do anything that involves rituals but if anyone here that knows me thinks I do then let me know!

Soms things in other religions are done for the sake of it without any understanding but when u ask these ppl they will say it is out of love for God. Now that reply, I think is quite worrying, I'm not saying stop everything u do in ur religion but that u need to also learn WHY u do it.

A lot of ppl say that the Gurus did this so we just blindly do that aswell, the Gurus definately are NOT WRONG but in order to appreciate that act we need to understand WHY the Gurus told us to do that.

Oh and Ghost thanks for the compliment (I'm always open to them!)