Here are some lines from the SGGS, that are worth sharing

--

In an instant, one is born, and in an instant, one dies. In an instant one comes, and in an instant one goes.

If the mind is polluted, then the body is polluted, and the tongue is polluted as well.

Whatever has been, and whatever shall be, comes from You, Lord.

As they plant, so shall they harvest.The True Guru has shown me that there is only one pleasure.Whatever the Lord does, is pleasing to the Lord's devotee.

O Nanak, he alone lives, who chants the Naam, the Name of the Lord.

Remain dead while yet alive, and you shall be welcomed in the Court of the Lord.

Within the cave of this body, there is one beautiful place.

O Nanak, that human body, in which there is no pain of separation from the Lord-take that body and burn it.

Like a traveller in his travels, you have come. Behold the caravan leaving each day.

I am a sacrifice, my soul is a sacrifice, to those Gurmukhs who drink in this Ambrosial Nectar.

The tongue tastes the essence, and remains forever imbued with the Lord's Love, intuitively singing the Glorious Praises of the Lord.

Through selfless service, eternal peace is obtained. The Gurmukh is absorbed in intuitive peace.

If I cut my body into pieces, and burn them in the fire, and if I make my body and mind into firewood, and night and day burn them in the fire, and if I perform hundreds of thousands and millions of religious rituals-still, all these are not equal to the Name of the Lord. ||2|| If my body were cut in half, if a saw was put to my head, and if my body were frozen in the Himalayas-even then, my mind would not be free of disease

Truth is higher than everything; but higher still is truthful living.

The Lord's Name is the pure wealth; through the Guru, God bestows this gift

One who has the Guru, the Creator, as his Friend, shall not be questioned hereafter

Beholding your family, you are lured away by emotional attachment, but when you leave, they will not go with you.

Remember your Lord and Master, who is easily obtained, and all desires shall be fulfilled.

aapai no aap khaa-ay man nirmal hovai gur sabdee veechaar. Their identity consumes their identical identity, and their minds become pure by contemplating the Word of the Guru's Shabad.

He remains dead while yet alive, and he chants the Name of the Lord.

You have forsaken the Bani, the Word of the Immortal Lord, in this mortal world; in the end, you shall regret and repent.

Twenty-four hours a day, they deal in the Name of the Lord.

This mind is a mirror; how rare are those who, as Gurmukh, see themselves in it.I do not know any other than the Lord.

This world is a garden, and my Lord God is the Gardener.

The Gurmukhs know that the Lord alone acts, and causes others to act.

O Nanak, the self-willed manmukhs love the darkness.

This world is an illusion; it dies and it is re-born-it comes and it goes in reincarnation.

They desert you even when you are alive, O madman

and one quote from Baba Nand Singh Ji

In the process of devotion and love of Sri Guru Nanak Sahib if sleep overtakes, it is then better to fall in the well and die rather than live a life otherwise

--

• 1 month later...