What is Shivling?

The rest of the "body" of Shiv is "worshipped" by folk Hindus, in the common (folk) Shiv-devotee prayers.

The lingam is treated differently, because according to the Shiv Puran, it fell to earth in 12 places (called Jotirlings), and is therefore considered to be a divine thing in mundane form. The other "known" attributes of Shiv are beyond our ken, such as the moon in his head, the Ganges flowing from his hair, etc.

According to the pundits, it's possible to do brahmanical rituals to enpower a stone to become a true Shiv Ling. This is not accepted by the Gosains, who are the true Shaivites, in the martial tradition. In the Gosain tradition, Shaivism is both yoga and Tantrik.

The folk (low-caste) Hindus have devised their own (corrupted) imitations of Shaivism, and their practices are not supported by scripture.

The other "known" attributes of Shiv are beyond our ken, such as the moon in his head, the Ganges flowing from his hair, etc.

The moon represents Buddhi/Mahatva (Higher Mind).Just like the moon reflects the suns light, the Buddhi reflects the inner luminosity of the Transcendental Self.

The moon also has esoteric meaning in Hath Yoga.It is supposed to "drip" Amrit, which in ordinary mortals is wasted, it is consumed by the "sun" situated in the navel area.The "moon" is situated at the uvula.According to Hath Yoga, the Khechari Mudra (Space Walking Seal) is supposed to stop the Amrit from falling down into the "sun".Thus enabling the Hath Yogin to enjoy the immortal elixir.

The Khechari Mudra is when the Hath Yogin cuts their phrenum, a tiny bit every week or so, until they can place the tongue right at the back of the throat and into the nasal passage, I believe.Quite drastic, but it isn't called Hath (forceful/hard) Yoga for nothing.

Also Ganga is supposed to represent one of the life energy conduits.The Ganga, Yamuna and Sarasvati rivers flow as the Sushman, Ida and Pingala Nadi in everyone.Sorry I can't remember which river represents which Nadi.

As Shiv is the Primal Master (Adi Naath) of most Yogin, the Yogin seeks to become Shiv Himself.

Can someone describe it for me? And why do Hindus worship only Shivling not the whole body?

As far as my limited knowledge goes regarding Hindusim "Shiv-ling" is penis of God shiva?

Here is link related to Shivling.

http://www.godrealized.com/glossary/agloss12.html#Lingam

A moorti of Shivling has the Lingam and Yoni (female sex).The Yoni is on the bottom, with the Lingam on top, sort of penetrating it.Yes it is sexual union, which represents the Higher Sexual union of Purush and Prakriti, Shiv and Shakti.Consciousness and Energy.

The funny thing is that most "Hindu" have no idea that they are worshipping a phallic symbol and what it means.Very sad.

The moon represents Buddhi/Mahatva (Higher Mind).Just like the moon reflects the suns light, the Buddhi reflects the inner luminosity of the Transcendental Self.

The moon also has esoteric meaning in Hath Yoga.It is supposed to "drip" Amrit, which in ordinary mortals is wasted, it is consumed by the "sun" situated in the navel area.The "moon" is situated at the uvula.According to Hath Yoga, the Khechari Mudra (Space Walking Seal) is supposed to stop the Amrit from falling down into the "sun".Thus enabling the Hath Yogin to enjoy the immortal elixir.

The Khechari Mudra is when the Hath Yogin cuts their phrenum, a tiny bit every week or so, until they can place the tongue right at the back of the throat and into the nasal passage, I believe.Quite drastic, but it isn't called Hath (forceful/hard) Yoga for nothing.

Also Ganga is supposed to represent one of the life energy conduits.The Ganga, Yamuna and Sarasvati rivers flow as the Sushman, Ida and Pingala Nadi in everyone.Sorry I can't remember which river represents which Nadi.

As Shiv is the Primal Master (Adi Naath) of most Yogin, the Yogin seeks to become Shiv Himself.

Hari, that's superb. I know most of this stuff already, though. Although I believe there are many other interpretations of the attributes to Lord Shiv. I simply did'nt mention them because to me, Shiv is Gosain (i.e. Allah) and his attributes are beyond our ken.

If anyone has any questions for a very senior and learned GOSAIN, please pass them to me and I will pass them on and report the answers here. What these guys hold in their memory is simply staggering. And they're not to be messed with, too.

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...
Guest Punjabi Nationalist

Gurfateh people

I stumbled across this on the net - sent to me by a friend - for no appararent reason;

http://www.swordoftruth.com/swordoftruth/a...di/vpopia1.html

Thoughts please

Harpreet

Yeah RIGHT.

How stupid do these Hindutva think ordinary people are?

Read this quote:

That the Vedas were the religious scriptures to which the Arabs owed allegiance as early as 1800 B.C. proves not only the antiquity of the Vedas but also the existence of Indian rule over the entire region from the Indus to the Mediterranean, because it is a fact of history that the religion of the ruler is practised by his subjects.

That would explain why every leader from Darius I to Queen Victoria has ruled over either part or the whole of the subcontinent, whereas no Hindu kingdom has ever pushed further than the Khyber pass.

Also, what exactly is "Indian rule" when there were was no country called India until 1947?

India is a geographical Greek name for lands east of the Indus, so what "Indian" people is this guy talking about when they have never been united unitl the British forced us all to live in the same country...