Question on atma and baby in mother's womb ?

I have a question here, I just read some thing really suprising on sikhnet youth Q & A section. I was reading topic of abortion, person was given advise by our fellow sikhnet moderators that its ok to abort a new born fetus since atma(soul) doesn't get parvaish(enter) in baby body until fetus is 120 days( approx- 4 months). I was soo suprised that such bold statement was given without any reference from gurbani.

quoting exactly what sikhnet moderators said:

"As Sikhs, we believe that the soul enters the body at the 120th day of pregnancy. Therefore it is perfectly fine to have an abortion before the 120th day or 4th month...in the first trimester of pregnancy. It is far better to be ready for the birth of a child, with both parents present, etc. It is also not good to use abortion as a birth control. If a woman must get an abortion, hopefully she can learn from this error and protect herself and really examine what she is doing and wants in her life".

Now few questions to the guru roop sadh sangat:

1. Is there any reference from gurbani to support that atma enters baby in mother's womb on 120th day? If yes, please provide quotes and ang number so that sangat can do vichar on ponder upon on issue of abortion?

2. If soul indeed enters at 120 th day of baby, then does it not contradicts teaching of gurbani when gurbani talks about this jev suffering from kumbi narak for 9 months and as a result of that- this jev jap naam of vahiguroo, praying to vahiguroo so that this jev can get out from this "kumbi narak". I understand baby gets energy through ambical cord which is attached to mothers womb but if atma is not present in baby, all that the energy goes waste, because without atma every tat(element) in the world is jar(solid matter) roop not chaitan(energy) roop.

I think this is a question best posed to Sadhu Sants as those are the people blessed with the divine knowledge you require. I dont think anyone can really answer this here

All i can add is that at present there is alot of research going on into abortions, the ethical and realistic sides of it. IT seems from recent research that from 3d imaging the fetous prior to 20 weeks is able to move its limbs smile and react to the external sounds. IT seems that the feotus is alive at this point and possible earlier. Due to this anti abortion groups are trying to get the law changed so that the fetous can only be aborted if it is younger the 8 weeks!!

Sikhnet moderators often answer questions according to thier own manmat rather than relying on Gurbani. For example, if someone makes a mistake in their own life than they are likely to justify it and teach others that it's allowed in Sikhe. Even when some of them actually know the truth, I mean they've been corrected via email and Gurbani references, they still continue. Luckily I think it's a minority.

Gurbani teaches that the soul hangs upside down in the fire of the womb for 10 (indian calender) months.

you are right kam, this question is best posted to sadhu/sant mahapursh. However, i was hoping tsingh, javanmard or any other gurmukhs on this site can englighten us in this topic.

Please do chip in this question to sant mandali if you happen to get darshan of any mahapursh, reason i asked you because you visits lot of sants from time to time.

Dear friend,

Your question is very interesting. I would beg to differ here from my friends. Gurbani has stated about 10 months in womb.

Regarding the soul entering the newly born, it can be stated that as there is a life ,at least biological, there should be every presumption that soul should enter the womb as soon as the 'conception' takes place. It may be the zeroth day /first day. Scientifically speaking there appears a little logic that the soul enters the foetus in 4 month.