Praising Islam: Enquire Within

Kaljug

Mods:

Perhaps it would be good for you to clarify what things are allowed in this forum.

Is this a forum where Sikhs get to engage in Islamic apologetics since we seem to believe that Muslims are not doing a good enough job themselves, or is it a place where we can question the message of the Quran, discuss the practices that Muslims believe to be inspired by God but that we believe are not, and disseminate the truth about Islam's violent history in India in the times of our Gurus and in every other place and every other time that it has existed?

If you expect Sikhs here to tiptoe around controversial topics for fear of offending Muslims who are already offended by our not being Muslims, and to only offer praise and respect for Islam, then I suggest you just close this part of the forum since I can walk into a mosque and hear these same pretty untruths from the mouth of an Imam hungry for another convert.

Regards,

Kaljug Singh.

Every dharam has mystic tradition. This forum welcomes discussion of mystic traditions of other dharams along with good deeds/sakhi of saints/ passages towards nirgun god which are aligned within Gurmat Sikhi Sidhant.

The purpose of different dharam sections to see goodness in all religions, find common belief in all religions through discussing mystic traditions, passages of all the dharams scriptures and bring all the communities together agree on the common grounds despite of differences in sharia.

The sevadars of website are discussing to whether to lock all the dharams section until further notice since allowing post on other dharamas sections is back firing against the main aim of these sections, posts are turning out to be blunt attacks on dharams and their prophets, bringing more hatred than peace in hearts of members of this forum.

I know we should have been clearer on main aim of having all other dharam sections. We may also discuss the possibility of revamping all the other dharam sections titles change them to orders/spiritual of thought of each dharam which supports mysticism (tariqa, marfat, hakikat) and leave shariat aside to avoid clashes/conflicts within Gurmat Sikhi Sidhant.

Every dharam has mystic tradition. This forum welcomes discussion of mystic traditions of other dharams along with good deeds/sakhi of saints/ passages towards nirgun god which are aligned within Gurmat Sikhi Sidhant.

The purpose of different dharam sections to see goodness in all religions, find common belief in all religions through discussing mystic traditions, passages of all the dharams scriptures and bring all the communities together agree on the common grounds despite of differences in sharia.

The sevadars of website are discussing to whether to lock all the dharams section until further notice since allowing post on other dharamas sections is back firing against the main aim of these sections, posts are turning out to be blunt attacks on dharams and their prophets, bringing more hatred than peace in hearts of members of this forum.

I know we should have been clearer on main aim of having all other dharam sections. We may also discuss the possibility of revamping all the other dharam sections titles change them to orders/spiritual of thought of each dharam which supports mysticism (tariqa, marfat, hakikat) and leave shariat aside to avoid clashes/conflicts within Gurmat Sikhi Sidhant.

Fateh!

Perhaps it would be better simply to have one forum where people can post inspirational teachings from other religions and highlight similarities between other religions and Sikhi (the thread on Orthodox Christians maintaining beards is an excellent example of this).

The thing is, even if you leave aside shariat, you will still have to answer the question of whether Sikhs believe that it was God who authored texts like the Torah, the Bible, the Quran, the Vedas, the Gitas and so on, and if so, why Sikhs do not follow the teachings contained within them.

I don't think that Sikhi teaches that it was Akal Purakh speaking when the books were penned, and I believe that there is historical and internal literary evidence to suggest that the deities of the Torah, the Bible and the Quran are separate and distinct tribal Gods, i.e. Yahweh != Christ != Allah. However, I also believe that Sikhi teaches one that the followers of these various religions can attain spiritual enlightenment (or whatever you want to call it) by treating the name of these deities as the name of Nirgun Brahman.

Regards,

K.