Sri Guru Granth Sahib for everyone!

Its worth reading and to see the message we have from our Guru Granth sahib. This is something you MUST read. Hindus, Muslims, Yogis, Sikhs or Christians. Its long but its worth it!

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Sri Guru Granth Sahib

pg 902

RAAMKALEE, FIRST MEHL, ASHTAPADEES:

ONE UNIVERSAL CREATOR GOD. BY THE GRACE OF THE TRUE GURU:

The same moon rises, and the same stars; the same sun shines in the sky. The earth is the same, and the same wind blows. The age in which we dwell affects living beings, but not these places. || 1 || Give up your attachment to life. Those who act like tyrants are accepted and approved - recognize that this is the sign of the Dark Age of Kali Yuga. || 1 || Pause || Kali Yuga has not been heard to have come to any country, or to be sitting at any sacred shrine. It is not where the generous person gives to charities, nor seated in the mansion he has built. || 2 || If someone practices Truth, he is frustrated; prosperity does not come to the home of the sincere. If someone chants the Lord's Name, he is scorned. These are the signs of Kali Yuga. || 3 || Whoever is in charge, is humiliated. Why should the servant be afraid, when the master is put in chains? He dies at the hands of his servant.

Page 903

|| 4 || Chant the Praises of the Lord; Kali Yuga has come. The justice of the previous three ages is gone. One obtains virtue, only if the Lord bestows it. || 1 || Pause || In this turbulent age of Kali Yuga, Muslim law decides the cases, and the blue-robed Qazi is the judge. The Guru's Bani has taken the place of Brahma's Veda, and the singing of the Lord's Praises are good deeds. || 5 || Worship without faith; self-discipline without truthfulness; the ritual of the sacred thread without chastity - what good are these? You may bathe and wash, and apply a ritualistic tilak mark to your forehead, but without inner purity, there is no understanding. || 6 || In Kali Yuga, the Koran and the Bible have become famous. The Pandit's scriptures and the Puraanas are not respected. O Nanak, the Lord's Name now is Rehmaan, the Merciful. Know that there is only One Creator of the creation. || 7 || Nanak has obtained the glorious greatness of the Naam, the Name of the Lord. There is no action higher than this. If someone goes out to beg for what is already in his own home, then he should be chastised. || 8 || 1 || RAAMKALEE, FIRST MEHL: You preach to the world, and set up your house. Abandoning your Yogic postures, how will you find the True Lord? You are attached to possessiveness and the love of sexual pleasure. You are not a renunciate, nor a man of the world. || 1 || Yogi, remain seated, and the pain of duality will run away from you. You beg from door to door, and you don't feel ashamed. || 1 || Pause || You sing the songs, but you do not understand your own self. How will the burning pain within be relieved? Through the Word of the Guru's Shabad, let your mind be absorbed in the Lord's Love, and you will intuitively experience the charity of contemplation. || 2 || You apply ashes to your body, while acting in hypocrisy. Attached to Maya, you will be beaten by Death's heavy club. Your begging bowl is broken; it will not hold the charity of the Lord's Love. Bound in bondage, you come and go. || 3 || You do not control your seed and semen, and yet you claim to practice abstinence. You beg from Maya, lured by the three qualities. You have no compassion; the Lord's Light does not shine in you. You are drowned, drowned in worldly entanglements. || 4 || You wear religious robes, and your patched coat assumes many disguises. You play all sorts of false tricks, like a juggler. The fire of anxiety burns brightly within you. Without the karma of good actions, how can you cross over? || 5 || You make ear-rings of glass to wear in your ears. But liberation does not come from learning without understanding. You are lured by the tastes of the tongue and sex organs. You have become a beast; this sign cannot be erased. || 6 || The people of the world are entangled in the three modes; the Yogis are entangled in the three modes. Contemplating the Word of the Shabad, sorrows are dispelled. Through the Shabad, one becomes radiant, pure and truthful. One who contemplates the true lifestyle is a Yogi. || 7 || The nine treasures are with You, Lord; You are potent, the Cause of causes. You establish and disestablish; whatever You do, happens. One who practices celibacy, chastity, self-control, truth and pure consciousness - O Nanak, that Yogi is the friend of the three worlds. || 8 || 2 || RAAMKALEE, FIRST MEHL: Above the six chakras of the body dwells the detached mind. Awareness of the vibration of the Word of the Shabad has been awakened deep within. The unstruck melody of the sound current resonates and resounds within; my mind is attuned to it. Through the Guru's Teachings, my faith is confirmed in the True Name. || 1 || O mortal, through devotion to the Lord, peace is obtained.

Page 904

The Lord, Har, Har, seems sweet to the Gurmukh, who merges in the Name of the Lord, Har, Har. || 1 || Pause || Eradicating attachment to Maya, one merges into the Lord. Meeting with the True Guru, we unite in His Union. The Naam, the Name of the Lord, is a priceless jewel, a diamond. Attuned to it, the mind is comforted and encouraged. || 2 || The diseases of egotism and possessiveness do not afflict one who worships the Lord. Fear of the Messenger of Death runs away. The Messenger of Death, the enemy of the soul, does not touch me at all. The Immaculate Name of the Lord illuminates my heart. || 3 || Contemplating the Shabad, we become Nirankaari - we come to belong to the Formless Lord God. Awakening to the Guru's Teachings, evil-mindedness is taken away. Remaining awake and aware night and day, lovingly focused on the Lord, one becomes Jivan Mukta - liberated while yet alive. He finds this state deep within himself. || 4 || In the secluded cave, I remain unattached. With the Word of the Shabad, I have killed the five thieves. My mind does not waver or go to the home of any other. I remain intuitively absorbed deep within. || 5 || As Gurmukh, I remain awake and aware, unattached. Forever detached, I am woven into the essence of reality. The world is asleep; it dies, and comes and goes in reincarnation. Without the Word of the Guru's Shabad, it does not understand. || 6 || The unstruck sound current of the Shabad vibrates day and night. The Gurmukh knows the state of the eternal, unchanging Lord God. When someone realizes the Shabad, then he truly knows. The One Lord is permeating and pervading everywhere in Nirvaanaa. || 7 || My mind is intuitively absorbed in the state of deepest Samaadhi; renouncing egotism and greed, I have come to know the One Lord. When the disciple's mind accepts the Guru, O Nanak, duality is eradicated, and he merges in the Lord. || 8 || 3 || RAAMKALEE, FIRST MEHL: You calculate the auspicious days, but you do not understand that the One Creator Lord is above these auspicious days. He alone knows the way, who meets the Guru. When one follows the Guru's Teachings, then he realizes the Hukam of God's Command. || 1 || Do not tell lies, O Pandit; O religious scholar, speak the Truth. When egotism is eradicated through the Word of the Shabad, then one finds His home. || 1 || Pause || Calculating and counting, the astrologer draws the horoscope. He studies it and announces it, but he does not understand reality. Understand, that the Word of the Guru's Shabad is above all. Do not speak of anything else; it is all just ashes. || 2 || You bathe, wash, and worship stones. But without being imbued with the Lord, you are the filthiest of the filthy. Subduing your pride, you shall receive the supreme wealth of God. The mortal is liberated and emancipated, meditating on the Lord. || 3 || You study the arguments, but do not contemplate the Vedas. You drown yourself - how will you save your ancestors? How rare is that person who realizes that God is in each and every heart. When one meets the True Guru, then he understands. || 4 || Making his calculations, cynicism and suffering afflict his soul. Seeking the Sanctuary of the Guru, peace is found. I sinned and made mistakes, but now I seek Your Sanctuary. The Guru led me to meet the Lord, according to my past actions. || 5 || If one does not enter the Guru's Sanctuary, God cannot be found. Deluded by doubt, one is born, only to die, and come back again. Dying in corruption, he is bound and gagged at Death's door. The Naam, the Name of the Lord, is not in his heart, and he does not act according to the Shabad. || 6 || Some call themselves Pandits, religious scholars and spiritual teachers.

Page 905

Tinged with double-mindedness, they do not find the Mansion of the Lord's Presence. One who takes the Support of the Naam, by Guru's Grace, is a rare person, one among millions, incomparable. || 7 || One is bad, and another good, but the One True Lord is contained in all. Understand this, O spiritual teacher, through the support of the True Guru: rare indeed is that Gurmukh, who realizes the One Lord. His comings and goings cease, and he merges in the Lord. || 8 || Those who have the One Universal Creator Lord within their hearts, possess all virtues; they contemplate the True Lord. One who acts in harmony with the Guru's Will, O Nanak, is absorbed in the Truest of the True. || 9 || 4 || RAAMKALEE, FIRST MEHL: Practicing restraint by Hatha Yoga, the body wears away. The mind is not softened by fasting or austerities. Nothing else is equal to worship of the Lord's Name. || 1 || Serve the Guru, O mind, and associate with the humble servants of the Lord. The tyrannical Messenger of Death cannot touch you, and the serpent of Maya cannot sting you, when you drink in the sublime essence of the Lord. || 1 || Pause || The world reads the arguments, and is softened only by music. In the three modes and corruption, they are born and die. Without the Lord's Name, they endure suffering and pain. || 2 || The Yogi draws the breath upwards, and opens the Tenth Gate. He practices inner cleansing and the six rituals of purification. But without the Lord's Name, the breath he draws is useless. || 3 || The fire of the five passions burns within him; how can he be calm? The thief is within him; how can he taste the taste? One who becomes Gurmukh conquers the body-fortress. || 4 || With filth within, he wanders around at places of pilgrimage. His mind is not pure, so what is the use of performing ritual cleansings? He carries the karma of his own past actions; who else can he blame? || 5 || He does not eat food; he tortures his body. Without the Guru's wisdom, he is not satisfied. The self-willed manmukh is born only to die, and be born again. || 6 || Go, and ask the True Guru, and associate with the Lord's humble servants. Your mind shall merge into the Lord, and you shall not be reincarnated to die again. Without the Lord's Name, what can anyone do? || 7 || Silence the mouse scurrying around within you. Serve the Primal Lord, by chanting the Lord's Name. O Nanak, God blesses us with His Name, when He grants His Grace. || 8 || 5 || RAAMKALEE, FIRST MEHL: The created Universe emanated from within You; there is no other at all. Whatever is said to be, is from You, O God. He is the True Lord and Master, throughout the ages. Creation and destruction do not come from anyone else. || 1 || Such is my Lord and Master, profound and unfathomable. Whoever meditates on Him, finds peace. The arrow of the Messenger of Death does not strike one who has the Name of the Lord. || 1 || Pause || The Naam, the Name of the Lord, is a priceless jewel, a diamond. The True Lord Master is immortal and immeasurable. That tongue which chants the True Name is pure. The True Lord is in the home of the self; there is no doubt about it. || 2 || Some sit in the forests, and some make their home in the mountains. Forgetting the Naam, they rot away in egotistical pride. Without the Naam, what is the use of spiritual wisdom and meditation? The Gurmukhs are honored in the Court of the Lord. || 3 || Acting stubbornly in egotism, one does not find the Lord.

Page 906

Studying the scriptures, reading them to other people, and wandering around at places of pilgrimage, the disease is not taken away. Without the Naam, how can one find peace? || 4 || No matter how much he tries, he cannot control his semen and seed. His mind wavers, and he falls into hell. Bound and gagged in the City of Death, he is tortured. Without the Name, his soul cries out in agony. || 5 || The many Siddhas and seekers, silent sages and demi-gods cannot satisfy themselves by practicing restraint through Hatha Yoga. One who contemplates the Word of the Shabad, and serves the Guru - his mind and body become immaculate, and his egotistical pride is obliterated. || 6 || Blessed with Your Grace, I obtain the True Name. I remain in Your Sanctuary, in loving devotion. Love for Your devotional worship has welled up within me. As Gurmukh, I chant and meditate on the Lord's Name. || 7 || When one is rid of egotism and pride, his mind is drenched in the Lord's Love. Practicing fraud and hypocrisy, he does not find God. Without the Word of the Guru's Shabad, he cannot find the Lord's Door. O Nanak, the Gurmukh contemplates the essence of reality. || 8 || 6 || RAAMKALEE, FIRST MEHL: As you come, so will you leave, you fool; as you were born, so will you die. As you enjoy pleasures, so will you suffer pain. Forgetting the Naam, the Name of the Lord, you will fall into the terrifying world-ocean. || 1 || Gazing upon your body and wealth, you are so proud. Your love for gold and sexual pleasures increases; why have you forgotten the Naam, and why do you wander in doubt? || 1 || Pause || You do not practice truth, abstinence, self-discipline or humility; the ghost within your skeleton has turned to dry wood. You have not practiced charity, donations, cleansing baths or austerities. Without the Saadh Sangat, the Company of the Holy, your life has gone in vain. || 2 || Attached to greed, you have forgotten the Naam. Coming and going, your life has been ruined. When the Messenger of Death grabs you by your hair, you will be punished. You are unconscious, and have fallen into Death's mouth. || 3 || Day and night, you jealously slander others; in your heart, you have neither the Naam, nor compassion for all. Without the Word of the Guru's Shabad, you will not find salvation or honor. Without the Lord's Name, you shall go to hell. || 4 || In an instant, you change into various costumes, like a juggler; you are entangled in emotional attachment and sin. You gaze here and there upon the expanse of Maya; you are intoxicated with attachment to Maya. || 5 || You act in corruption, and put on ostentatious shows, but without awareness of the Shabad, you have fallen into confusion. You suffer great pain from the disease of egotism. Following the Guru's Teachings, you shall be rid of this disease. || 6 || Seeing peace and wealth come to him, the faithless cynic become proud in his mind. But He who owns this body and wealth, takes them back again, and then the mortal feels anxiety and pain deep within. || 7 || At the very last instant, nothing goes along with you; all is visible only by His Mercy. God is our Primal and Infinite Lord; enshrining the Lord's Name in the heart, one crosses over. || 8 || You weep for the dead, but who hears you weeping? The dead have fallen to the serpent in the terrifying world-ocean.

Page 907

Gazing upon his family, wealth, household and mansions, the faithless cynic is entangled in worthless worldly affairs. || 9 || He comes when the Lord sends him; when the Lord calls him back, he goes. Whatever he does, the Lord is doing. The Forgiving Lord forgives him. || 10 || I seek to be with those who have tasted this sublime essence of the Lord. Wealth, miraculous spiritual powers, wisdom and spiritual knowledge, are obtained from the Guru. The treasure of liberation is obtained in His Sanctuary. || 11 || The Gurmukh looks upon pain and pleasure as one and the same; he remains untouched by joy and sorrow. Conquering his self-conceit, the Gurmukh finds the Lord; O Nanak, he intuitively merges into the Lord. || 12 || 7 || RAAMKALEE, DAKHANEE, FIRST MEHL: Abstinence, chastity, self-control and truthfulness have been implanted within me; I am imbued with the sublime essence of the True Word of the Shabad. || 1 || My Merciful Guru remains forever imbued with the Lord's Love. Day and night, He remains lovingly focused on the One Lord; gazing upon the True Lord, He is pleased. || 1 || Pause || He abides in the Tenth Gate, and looks equally upon all; He is imbued with the unstruck sound current of the Shabad. || 2 || Wearing the loin-cloth of chastity, He remains absorbed in the all-pervading Lord; His tongue enjoys the taste of God's Love. || 3 || The One who created the creation has met the True Guru; contemplating the Guru's lifestyle, He is pleased. || 4 || All are in the One, and the One is in all. This is what the True Guru has shown me. || 5 || He who created the worlds, solar systems and galaxies - that God cannot be known. || 6 || From the lamp of God, the lamp within is lit; the Divine Light illuminates the three worlds. || 7 || The Guru sits on the true throne in the true mansion; He is attuned, absorbed in the Fearless Lord. || 8 || The Guru, the detached Yogi, has enticed the hearts of all; He plays His harp in each and every heart. || 9 || O Nanak, in God's Sanctuary, one is emancipated; the True Guru becomes our true help and support. || 10 || 8 || RAAMKALEE, FIRST MEHL: He has made His home in the monastery of the heart; He has infused His power into the earth and the sky. || 1 || Through the Word of the Shabad, the Gurmukhs have saved so very many, O Saints. || 1 || Pause || He conquers attachment, and eradicates egotism, and sees Your Divine Light pervading the three worlds, Lord. || 2 || He conquers desire, and enshrines the Lord within his mind; he contemplates the Word of the True Guru's Shabad. || 3 || The horn of consciousness vibrates the unstruck sound current; Your Light illuminates each and every heart, Lord. || 4 || He plays the flute of the universe in his mind, and lights the fire of God. || 5 || Bringing together the five elements, day and night, the Lord's lamp shines with the Immaculate Light of the Infinite. || 6 || The right and left nostrils, the sun and the moon channels, are the strings of the body-harp; they vibrate the wondrous melody of the Shabad. || 7 || The true hermit obtains a seat in the City of God, the invisible, inaccessible, infinite. || 8 || The mind is the king of the city of the body; the five sources of knowledge dwell within it. || 9 || Seated in his home, this king chants the Shabad; he administers justice and virtue. || 10 || What can poor death or birth say to him? Conquering his mind, he remains dead while yet alive.

Page 908

|| 11 || Brahma, Vishnu and Shiva are manifestations of the One God. He Himself is the Doer of deeds. || 12 || One who purifies his body, crosses over the terrifying world-ocean; he contemplates the essence of his own soul. || 13 || Serving the Guru, he finds everlasting peace; deep within, the Shabad permeates him, coloring him with virtue. || 14 || The Giver of virtue unites with Himself, one who conquers egotism and desire. || 15 || Eradicating the three qualities, dwell in the fourth state. This is the unparalleled devotional worship. || 16 || This is the Yoga of the Gurmukh: Through the Shabad, he understands his own soul, and he enshrines within his heart the One Lord. || 17 || Imbued with the Shabad, his mind becomes steady and stable; this is the most excellent action. || 18 || This true hermit does not enter into religious debates or hypocrisy; the Gurmukh contemplates the Shabad. || 19 || The Gurmukh practices Yoga - he is the true hermit; he practices abstinence and truth, and contemplates the Shabad. || 20 || One who dies in the Shabad and conquers his mind is the true hermit; he understands the Way of Yoga. || 21 || Attachment to Maya is the terrifying world-ocean; through the Shabad, the true hermit saves himself, and his ancestors as well. || 22 || Contemplating the Shabad, you shall be a hero throughout the four ages, O hermit; contemplate the Word of the Guru's Bani in devotion. || 23 || This mind is enticed by Maya, O hermit; contemplating the Shabad, you shall find release. || 24 || He Himself forgives, and unites in His Union; Nanak seeks Your Sanctuary, Lord. || 25 || 9 ||

Sri Guru Granth page 340

RAAG GAUREE POORBEE, BAAWAN AKHREE OF KABEER JEE:

ONE UNIVERSAL CREATOR GOD. TRUTH IS THE NAME.

CREATIVE BEING PERSONIFIED. BY GURU'S GRACE:

Through these fifty-two letters, the three worlds and all things are described. These letters shall perish; they cannot describe the Imperishable Lord. Wherever there is speech, there are letters. Where there is no speech, there, the mind rests on nothing. He is in both speech and silence. No one can know Him as He is. If I come to know the Lord, what can I say; what good does it do to speak? He is contained in the seed of the banyan-tree, and yet, His expanse spreads across the three worlds. One who knows the Lord understands His mystery, and bit by bit, the mystery disappears. Turning away from the world, one's mind is pierced through with this mystery, and one obtains the Indestructible, Impenetrable Lord. The Muslim knows the Muslim way of life; the Hindu knows the Vedas and Puraanas. To instruct their minds, people ought to study some sort of spiritual wisdom. I know only the One, the Universal Creator, the Primal Being. I do not believe in anyone whom the Lord writes and erases. If someone knows the One, the Universal Creator, he shall not perish, since he knows Him. KAKKA: When the rays of Divine Light come into the heart-lotus, the moon-light of Maya cannot enter the basket of the mind. And if one obtains the subtle fragrance of that spiritual flower, he cannot describe the indescribable; he could speak, but who would understand? KHAKHA: The mind has entered this cave. It does not leave this cave to wander in the ten directions. Knowing their Lord and Master, people show compassion; then, they become immortal, and attain the state of eternal dignity. GAGGA: One who understands the Guru's Word does not listen to anything else. He remains like a hermit and does not go anywhere, when he grasps the Ungraspable Lord and dwells in the sky of the Tenth Gate. GHAGHA: He dwells in each and every heart. Even when the body-pitcher bursts, he does not diminish. When someone finds the Path to the Lord within his own heart, why should he abandon that Path to follow some other path? NGANGA: Restrain yourself, love the Lord, and dismiss your doubts. EVEN IF YOU DO NOT SEE THE PATH, DO NOT RUN AWAY; THIS IS THE HIGHEST WISDOM. CHACHA: He painted the great picture of the world. Forget this picture, and remember the Painter. This wondrous painting is now the problem. Forget this picture and focus your consciousness on the Painter. CHHACHHA: The Sovereign Lord of the Universe is here with you. Why are you so unhappy? Why don't you abandon your desires? O my mind, each and every moment I try to instruct you, but you forsake Him, and entangle yourself with others. JAJJA: If someone burns his body while he is still alive, and burns away the desires of his youth, then he finds the right way. When he burns his desire for his own wealth, and that of others, then he finds the Divine Light.

Page 341

JHAJHA: You are entangled in the world, and you do not know how to get untangled. You hold back in fear, and are not approved by the Lord. WHY DO YOU TALK SUCH NONSENSE, TRYING TO CONVINCE OTHERS? STIRRING UP ARGUMENTS, YOU SHALL ONLY OBTAIN MORE ARGUMENTS. NYANYA: He dwells near you, deep within your heart; why do you leave Him and go far away? I searched the whole world for Him, but I found Him near myself. TATTA: It is such a difficult path, to find Him within your own heart. Open the doors within, and enter the Mansion of His Presence. Beholding the Immovable Lord, you shall not slip and go anywhere else. You shall remain firmly attached to the Lord, and your heart will be happy. T'HAT'HA: Keep yourself far away from this mirage. With great difficulty, I have calmed my mind. That cheater, who cheated and devoured the whole world - I have cheated that cheater, and my mind is now at peace. DADDA: When the Fear of God wells up, other fears depart. Other fears are absorbed into that Fear. When one rejects the Fear of God, then other fears cling to him. But if he becomes fearless, the fears of his heart run away. DHADHA: Why do you search in other directions? Searching for Him like this, the breath of life runs out. When I returned after climbing the mountain, I found Him in the fortress - the fortress which He Himself made. NANNA: The warrior who fights on the battle-field should keep up and press on. He should not yield, and he should not retreat. Blessed is the coming of one who conquers the one and renounces the many. TATTA: The impassable world-ocean cannot be crossed over; the body remains embroiled in the three worlds. But when the Lord of the three worlds enters into the body, then one's essence merges with the essence of reality, and the True Lord is attained. T'HAT'HA: He is Unfathomable; His depths cannot be fathomed. He is Unfathomable; this body is impermanent, and unstable. The mortal builds his dwelling upon this tiny space; without any pillars, he wishes to support a mansion. DADDA: Whatever is seen shall perish. Contemplate the One who is unseen. When the key is inserted in the Tenth Gate, then the Blessed Vision of the Merciful Lord's Darshan is seen. DHADHA: When one ascends from the lower realms of the earth to the higher realms of the heavens, then everything is resolved. The Lord dwells in both the lower and higher worlds. Leaving the earth, the soul ascends to the heavens; then, the lower and higher join together, and peace is obtained. NANNA: The days and nights go by; I am looking for the Lord. Looking for Him, my eyes have become blood-shot. After looking and looking,when He is finally found, then the one who was looking merges into the One who was looked for. PAPPA: He is limitless; His limits cannot be found. I have attuned myself to the Supreme Light. One who controls his five senses rises above both sin and virtue. FAFFA: Even without the flower, the fruit is produced. One who looks at a slice of that fruit and reflects on it, will not be consigned to reincarnation. A slice of that fruit slices all bodies. BABBA: When one drop blends with another drop, then these drops cannot be separated again. Become the Lord's slave, and hold tight to His meditation.

Page 342

If you turn your thoughts to the Lord, the Lord will take care of you like a relative. BHABHA: When doubt is pierced, union is achieved. I have shattered my fear, and now I have come to have faith. I thought that He was outside of me, but now I know that He is within me. When I came to understand this mystery, then I recognized the Lord. MAMMA: Clinging to the source, the mind is satisfied. One who knows this mystery understands his own mind. Let no one delay in uniting his mind. Those who obtain the True Lord are immersed in delight. MAMMA: The mortal's business is with his own mind; one who disciplines his mind attains perfection. Only the mind can deal with the mind; says Kabeer, I have not met anything like the mind. This mind is Shakti; this mind is Shiva. This mind is the life of the five elements. When this mind is channeled, and guided to enlightenment, it can describe the secrets of the three worlds. YAYYA: If you know anything, then destroy your evil-mindedness, and subjugate the body-village. When you are engaged in the battle, don't run away; then, you shall be known as a spiritual hero. RARRA: I have found tastes to be tasteless. Becoming tasteless, I have realized that taste. Abandoning these tastes, I have found that taste. Drinking in that taste, this taste is no longer pleasing. LALLA: Embrace such love for the Lord in your mind, that you shall not have to go to any other; you shall attain the supreme truth. And if you embrace love and affection for Him there, then you shall obtain the Lord; obtaining Him, you shall be absorbed in His Feet. WAWA: Time and time again, dwell upon the Lord. Dwelling upon the Lord, defeat shall not come to you. I am a sacrifice, a sacrifice to those, who sing the praises of the Saints, the sons of the Lord. Meeting the Lord, total Truth is obtained. WAWA: Know Him. By knowing Him, this mortal becomes Him. When this soul and that Lord are blended, then, having been blended, they cannot be known separately. SASSA: Discipline your mind with sublime perfection. Refrain from that talk which attracts the heart. The heart is attracted, when love wells up. The King of the three worlds is perfectly pervading and permeating there. KHAKHA: Anyone who seeks Him, and by seeking Him, finds Him, shall not be born again. When someone seeks Him, and comes to understand and contemplate Him, then he crosses over the terrifying world-ocean in an instant. SASSA: The bed of the soul-bride is adorned by her Husband Lord; her skepticism is dispelled. Renouncing the shallow pleasures of the world, she obtains the supreme delight. Then, she is the soul-bride; He is called her Husband Lord. HAHA: He exists, but He is not known to exist. When He is known to exist, then the mind is pleased and appeased. Of course the Lord exists, if one could only understand Him. Then, He alone exists, and not this mortal being. Everyone goes around saying, "I'll take this, and I'll take that." Because of that, they suffer in terrible pain. When someone comes to love the Lord of Lakhshmi, his sorrow departs, and he obtains total peace. KHAKHA: Many have wasted their lives, and then perished. Wasting away, they do not remember the Lord, even now. But if someone, even now, comes to know the transitory nature of the world and restrain his mind, he shall find his permanent home, from which he was separated.

Page 343

The fifty-two letters have been joined together. But people cannot recognize the One Word of God. Kabeer speaks the Shabad, the Word of Truth. One who is a Pandit, a religious scholar, must remain fearless. It is the business of the scholarly person to join letters. The spiritual person contemplates the essence of reality. According to the wisdom within the mind, says Kabeer, so does one come to understand.