Are These Lines From Guru Nanak Dev Ji Or Guru Arjan Dev Ji?

ਨਾ ਹਮ ਹਿੰਦੂ ਨ ਮੁਸਲਮਾਨ ॥

ना हम हिंदू न मुसलमान ॥

Nā ham hinḏū na musalmān.

I am not a Hindu, nor am I a Muslim.

http://www.srigranth.org/servlet/gurbani.gurbani?Action=Page&Param=1136&english=t&id=48600#l48600

Everywhere on the net ,in various discussions I have read that these lines are from Guru Nanak dev ji but in Guru Granth sahib

the author of this shabad is Guru Arjan dev ji.

Edited by kdsingh80

ਨਾ ਹਮ ਹਿੰਦੂ ਨ ਮੁਸਲਮਾਨ ॥

ना हम हिंदू न मुसलमान ॥

Nā ham hinḏū na musalmān.

I am not a Hindu, nor am I a Muslim.

http://www.srigranth...id=48600#l48600

Everywhere on the net ,in various discussions I have read that these lines are from Guru Nanak dev ji but in Guru Granth sahib

the author of this shabad is Guru Arjan dev ji.

it says mahalla 5. there is bhagat kabir's name at the end of shabad, prof sahib singh explained that too.

it says mahalla 5. there is bhagat kabir's name at the end of shabad, prof sahib singh explained that too.

Quite interesting

http://www.sikhiwiki.org/index.php/Talk:Guru_Nanak_in_Mecca

here is what sikhiwiki says

Guru Nanak Dev visited many places outside India during his missionary tours (Udaasi) to preach the divine doctrines and Mecca is one of them. The objective of his visit has been manipulated by Muslims who connect his visit to Mecca with Hajj (the Muslim pilgrimage). Sikhs totally disagree with the Muslim views as the philosophy of Guru Nanak Dev rejects the ritualistic practices. The Guru recited:

I do not make pilgrimages to Mecca, nor do I worship at Hindu sacred shrines.I serve the One Lord, and not any other. ||2||I do not perform Hindu worship services, nor do I offer the Muslim prayers.I have taken the One Formless Lord into my heart; I humbly worship Him there. (GGS, p1136)

Now if this shabad is written by kabeer ji then why everywhere there is story that Guru Nanak dev ji uttered these words

Edited by kdsingh80

Gurfateh

Well these words are said by Baba Nanak when he came out from Vein river. But This thing as work of Baba Nanak are not included in Shri Guru Granth Sahib.

We have Nanak Nam Chardi Kala Tere Bhane Sarbat Da Bhala, Karani Nama, Nasihat Namam, another Bavan/Painti Akhari, Jit Dar Lakh Mohmada,Pran Sangali etc. which is not the part of present Shri Guru Granth Sahib but could be the work of First Master.

Component of Shri Guru Granth Sahib are Dhur Ki Bani or words of God but personal saying of Baba Nanak could be found at differnt place. This could be mapped to Holy Kuran and Holy Hadith respectively.

Gurfateh

Well these words are said by Baba Nanak when he came out from Vein river. But This thing as work of Baba Nanak are not included in Shri Guru Granth Sahib.

We have Nanak Nam Chardi Kala Tere Bhane Sarbat Da Bhala, Karani Nama, Nasihat Namam, another Bavan/Painti Akhari, Jit Dar Lakh Mohmada,Pran Sangali etc. which is not the part of present Shri Guru Granth Sahib but could be the work of First Master.

Component of Shri Guru Granth Sahib are Dhur Ki Bani or words of God but personal saying of Baba Nanak could be found at differnt place. This could be mapped to Holy Kuran and Holy Hadith respectively.

So what is the full shabad? Why Sikh sites'articles quote Shabad of kabeer ji and say that these are the words uttered by Guru Nanak in Mecca?

Now if this shabad is written by kabeer ji then why everywhere there is story that Guru Nanak dev ji uttered these words

Again, this shabad is not written by Bhagat Kabir. Here is what Prof Sahib Singh says,

ਨੋਟ: ਇਸ ਸ਼ਬਦ ਦਾ ਸਿਰਲੇਖ ਹੈ 'ਮਹਲਾ ੫'। ਪਰ ਅਖ਼ੀਰ ਤੇ ਲਫ਼ਜ਼ 'ਨਾਨਕ' ਦੇ ਥਾਂ 'ਕਬੀਰ' ਹੈ। ਇਸ ਦਾ ਭਾਵ ਇਹ ਹੈ ਕਿ ਇਹ ਸ਼ਬਦ ਗੁਰੂ ਅਰਜਨ ਸਾਹਿਬ ਜੀ ਦਾ ਆਪਣਾ ਲਿਖਿਆ ਹੋਇਆ ਹੈ, ਪਰ ਹੈ ਇਹ ਕਬੀਰ ਜੀ ਦੇ ਕਿਸੇ ਸ਼ਬਦ ਦੇ ਪਰਥਾਇ। ਹੁਣ ਵੇਖੋ ਇਸੇ ਰਾਗ ਵਿਚ ਕਬੀਰ ਜੀ ਦਾ ਸ਼ਬਦ ਨੰਬਰ ੭। ਉਸ ਵਿਚੋਂ ਹੇਠ-ਲਿਖੀਆਂ ਤੁਕਾਂ ਪੜ੍ਹ ਕੇ ਗੁਰੂ ਅਰਜਨ ਸਾਹਿਬ ਦੇ ਇਸ ਸ਼ਬਦ ਨਾਲ ਰਲਾਓ: ਹਮਰਾ ਝਗਰਾ ਰਹਾ ਨ ਕੋਊ ॥ ਪੰਡਿਤ ਮੁਲਾਂ ਛਾਡੇ ਦੋਊ ॥੧॥ਰਹਾਉ॥... ਪੰਡਿਤ ਮੁਲਾਂ ਜੋ ਲਿਖਿ ਦੀਆ ॥ ਛਾਡਿ ਚਲੇ ਹਮ ਕਛੂ ਨ ਲੀਆ ॥੩॥ ਗੁਰੂ ਅਰਜਨ ਸਾਹਿਬ ਆਪਣੇ ਸ਼ਬਦ ਵਿਚ ਕਬੀਰ ਜੀ ਦੇ ਦਿੱਤੇ ਖ਼ਿਆਲ ਦੀ ਵਿਆਖਿਆ ਕਰ ਰਹੇ ਹਨ।