Man Who Became Father At 98 Is Lonely Again As Wife, Kids Go Missing

Ramjit-Raghav-Family-Pun.jpg

Becoming a father at 98 is no small thing. Though Ramjit Raghav, now 99, of Sonepat hogged the limelight for being one of those exceptions in 2012, his happiness was shortlived.

His two sons and wife are reportedly missing. Raghav works as labourer at a farm in Kharkhodda town of Sonepat district. His then 52-year-old wife Shakuntala Devi had delivered a healthy baby boy in October 2012. The couple was blessed with their first child in 2010.

The nonagenarian's elder son Vikramjit Singh had disappeared mysteriously from Sonepat town in June this year and despite having registered a missing complaint Vikramjit was never traced.

Before he could come out of the pain of losing his elder son, his wife and younger son Karamjit also went missing under mysterious circumstances on September 25.

Talking to mediapersons, Raghav said due to his old age he found it difficult to keep track of the case at police station and court. "Being blessed with two sons at such an old age had invoked my faith in the almighty. I had special plans for my kids' education, but now my dreams are shattered," he said.

Kharkhodda station house officer (SHO) Ravinder Kumar admitted that Raghav had come to the police station earlier this week. He said though Raghav had come, he did not lodge a missing complaint. He said that police would extend all help to the elderly.

http://www.yespunjab.com/punjab/item/31594-man-who-became-father-at-98-is-lonely-again-as-wife-kids-go-missing