Religion Or Dharma, And The Purpose Of Human Life ...

harsharan000

What does the word religion mean?

This word religion comes from the latin langauge,"religare", means union with the origin. That´s it.

And consequently, real religion is that which unites us with the Lord.

And if it is so, what is it, that does so?

Our Guru Sahibans, have the answer for this. Their simple and direct teachings give us the correct direction to walk and achieve that particular and noble aim, namely Wahiguru.

Wahiguru alone is the one truth(SATNAM) .... that truth, which is all pervading and abiding. His home(Sach Khand) is our true home ....and it is this eternal home where we should keep our aim and attention ...and not any material land ...... millions came before us ....millions shall still come .... all shall go. No one stays to make this land where we are born, his perpetual home ...it can not be so.

Everything here is ephimeral and transitory, then why to run after shadows? Are we not blind and fools by doing so?

As said before true religion is that which helps us to unite ourselves with Him.

And our Gurus say:

naanak naam milai vaddiaaee gur sabadhee sach paaeae

O Nanak, through the Naam, glorious greatness is obtained; through the Word of the Guru's Shabad, the True One is found.

This means: Nam is only one eternal truth, in which, by merging our souls, salvation is got.

And how or when does this take place ?

The Bani clearly says: through the bakshish or Gur prasad, Wahiguru Akal purukh is met, not otherwise.

That is why all Gurmukhs, from any place or time, stress only on Nam, on Wahiguru ....

As this is the only exclusive requirement to meet the beloved Akal Purukh, nothing else matters, do whatever we may ..... without Nam , we are like dead corpses.

Nam is the foundation of all the creation, whether material, astral, causal or pure spiritual ...

Not only that .... but even going to the extent that,Wahiguru or Satnam sprang from it , such is it´s greatness.

Our Gurus tell us, we are sikhs if we follow Gurmat ... and what is Gurmat ?

Gurmat is: Jin Har japiya, se Har hoiya.

The method to Love Wahiguru

Amrit ras pee-aa, gur Sabdee, ham Naam vitahu kurbaan

Parbhaatee Mehlaa 4 Bibhaas

In this fourth Patshahee´s Shabad, Guru Sahiban is giving us some simple and clear directions, to overcome our agyanta, clean the vessels of our minds, so that, that Kul Malik, Paree Pooran Parmatma, comes and abides in our hearts.

Well, the fact is, He is already everywhere, but by following Gurmat, He discloses Himself by His grace, to whomsoever is ready to love Him according to Gurmat. Because almost everybody loves Him, but to love Him according to Gurmat is a different thing. This is what makes the difference.

Some may ask, what is all this difference about. Well, Gurmat teaches us to love Wahiguru, for the only sake of Wahiguru alone, without any conditions. And to love Him in that way, though it is simple, we people make it as good as impossible.

Why?

Because, we have adjusted Gurmat to our weaknesses, limiting the Bani, between the walls of rituals, dogmas,outer rules, regulations, symbolisms and slogans, idol worship, lands, mazabs...

So, the method to love Wahiguru according to Gurmat, is to love Him, without the intervention of the mind. Beacuse the mind is our real enemy, and it is this mind whom we have to conquer, and for defeating it, we have to be soldiers, means we have to be alert like soldiers, that this powerfull and invisble may not distract and attack us, by throwing upon us, it´s weapons of : kaam, krodh, lobh, moh and ahankar.

Each one of us in our lives, has to fight this enemy in order to merge in Wahiguru. This mind has to be fought by each one of us, nobody can come and fight it for us, this is a personal battle to be fought, independently of being a male or female, eastern or western, northern or southern, or even if we are residents of Baikunth, or of the status of Brahma, Vishnu, or Shiva, because even there, mind is as active as on the physical or astral planes, nobody is free from it´s negative influence.

But to learn to really love Wahiguru and to lessen the mind effects, we have to the come under the shade of such a tree, which can protect us from the Sun and it´s heat, and that is Sadh kee sangat.

Guru Ram Das, in this today´s Shabad and in the lines below, is telling us how to meet Wahiguru

Kit biDh ki-o paa-ee-ai parabh apunaa,

How am I to find my God?

mo ka-o karahu updays Har daan.

Please bless me with the Gift of the Updesh, the bhed, the jugtee Gift of the Lord´s wealth.

And what is this Lord´s wealth, by which we become rich spiritually? It is His Naam.

Then in the following line, He is telling us where to get it from.

Sadh Sangat meh, Har Har vasi-aa,

The Lord, Har, Har, resides in the company of the Saints; we can clearly see, the Bani says, Wahiguru does not reside in lifeless things made of stone or metal, but resides in a Gurmukh, a Sant Jan. These words of the Gurbani are eternal and unperishable, not for a particular period of time of some hundred years, or place. The method of meeting Wahiguru is only one, unchangeable throughout all ages: Satyug, Tretayug, Dwapuryug and Kaliyug.

mil sangat, har gun jaan.

joining this Sangat, the Lord's Glories are known.

Here He is telling us, that by coming in the company of the holy, we come to know the majesty of Akal Purukh, and we start singing His glories, in a unique manner, the method of Nam Simram, that is why the Bani says: Prabh ka Simran, Har gun Bani.

Vadai bhaag, Sadhsangat paa-ee, Gur Satgur, paras bhagvaan.

By great good fortune, the Society of the Saints is found. Through the Guru, the True Guru, I receive the Touch of the Lord God.

My God, what beautifull words of our Fourth Patshahee!

We have heard and read that Wahiguru´s true form is His Shabad swaroop. So when we are steadfast on Nam Simran, another wonderful thing happens to us.

Just as Satguru Sachay Badshah Guru Amar Das says: Nam jinke man vaseeya, vajeh Shabad ganere. This means, once Nam is perfected in it´s practice and is established in the depths of our mind and hearts, we start listening the unstruck divine melodies of Shabad...this is the touch of Akal Purukh to our souls, this is the Amrit which flows 24 hours inside our selves, and that by drinking it, we become real Gursikhs.

Only then, we are heading to our true desh, true land, which is Sach Khand, the land, of our True Father, Satnam.

This is what we should all look for, and fight with our minds, with all our powers and strengths, then only are we real saints and soldiers. We are soldiers, by fighting and defeating the real enemy of our mind, and we have become saints by merging our cosciouness and souls in Akal Purukh.

It is nothing but our love alone for Wahiguru, which attracts us towards Wahiguru. So we first have to understand and learn to love properly(true love, selfless love, unselfish love.... no lust, no desire to possess, but to loose oneself, to become Him), and that is , to love Him alone, for the sake of love.

Because if we wanto merge in Him and become one with Him, we first have to become like what He in reality is.... If He is an infinite Ocean of Love... we have to become a wave of that Love....so that it can merge in it, in the most natural way.

As there is a famous saying:Sahib ke darbar mein, kewal bhakti aur pyar. Aur kewal bhakti aur pyar mein, Sahib raazee.

According to Gurmat, the key to this miracle, is Nam Simran.

Yes, we can say, that to become One with Him, is a rare miracle... a wonder of wonders... a unique realization in one´s life, for once and ever. From mortal beings, we become Divine.

A real blessing of Grace, above all.

Wah wah Sachay Badshah.

Mil mere Gobinda, apna Nam deho.

Edited by harsharan000

What is important in any religion?

YOUR RELIGION IS NOT IMPORTANT

A brief dialogue between a Brazilian theologist Leonardo Boff and the Dalai Lama :

In a round table discussion about religion and freedom in which Dalai Lama and myself were participating at recess, I maliciously, and also with interest,
asked him: “Your holiness, what is the best religion?”

I thought he would say:
“The Tibetan Buddhism” or “The oriental religions, much older than Christianity”

But Dalai Lama paused, smiled and looked me in the eyes …. which surprised me because I knew of the malice contained in my question.
But he answered:

“The best religion is the one that gets you closest to God. It is the one that makes you a better person.”

To get out of my embarrassment with such a wise answer, I asked: “What is it that makes me better?”

He responded:
“Whatever makes you
more compassionate,
more sensible,
more detached,
more loving,
more humanitarian,
more responsible,
more ethical.”

“The religion that will do that for you, is the best religion.

I was silent for a moment, marvelling and even today thinking of his wise and irrefutable response:

“I am not interested, my friend, about your religión or if you are religious or not.
“What really is important to me is your behaviour in front of your peers, family, work, community, and in front of the world.”
“Remember, the universe is the echo of our actions and our thoughts.”
“The law of action and reaction is not exclusively for physics. It is also of human relations. If I act with goodness, I will receive goodness.
If I act with eviI, I will get evil.” “What our grandparents told us is the pure truth. You will always have what you desire for others. Being happy is not a matter of destiny. It is a matter of options.”

Finally he said:
“Take care of your Thoughts because they become Words.
Take care of your Words because they will become Actions.
Take care of your Actions because they will become Habits.
Take care of your Habits because they will form your Character.
Take care of your Character because it will form your Destiny,
and your Destiny will be your Life
… and …

“There is no religion higher than the Truth.”

* Comments: By applying the above simple lines upon us, irrespective of the religion we may belong, we come to know if we are on the right tracks or not... if yes is the answer, then that religion is correct, and if no is the answer, then we may be called manipulated fanatics or blind faithed.

We can be only better spiritual beings, and gain a seat in heaven, if only we are better human beings first.

The base of spirituality is morality and mercy.

• 1 month later...

Some lines upon Divine Love

Jyu man mera tujh so, yo je tera hoi.

Tata loha yo mile, sandhi na lakhai koi.

Kabit jako khojate, paayo soi thaur.

Soi phiri ke tu bhaya jaako kahata aur.

Maare bahut pukaariya, peer pukaare aur.

Lagi choT maramm ki, rahyo Kabira thaur.

Kabir as a Guru says – Like my mind is overflowing with love for you, only if your mind also could become like this.

At that moment both would get sealed like two hot irons join together. Not even a join can be seen, both have become one.

Kabir says what I was seeking for, I got that place. The thing you considered the other (the Lord, Ram, Guru) has become you.

So many people cry out in pain and suffering, but a true PEER (Saint, Gurmukh) cries out in a different way. He cries out of his love and not of pain and suffering.

The love has struck in his very core of the heart, and Kabir has found the real place.

Sree Kabir Jeeo