~~ Whats Your Ultimate Goal In Following Sikh Dharma ~~

I don't exist so no goal. Ego creates goals but forgets it has no say in this eternal cycle of birth and death... Taking ownership of this mind and body is a burden and an illusion as everything is happening by itself.

No free will so ultimate goal for whom?

Good response, only if we could truly believe in that great statement in spontaneous effortless permanent abidance

• SAadmin unfeatured this topic

Good response, only if we could truly believe in that great statement in spontaneous effortless permanent abidance

​One must not believe but know. Like we know that we are breathing in the same way we must know that there is no free will all our actions and thoughts are occurring by themselves. So how can we know? Just in the same way we can experience ourselves breathing we can experience what I have written above. Therefore we as an independent entity do not exist. If there is doubt as in believing then more inquiry/sadhna must be done.

• 2 weeks later...

I understand that we are enjoined to transcend the limitations of emotion and attachment, but I don't see that there's anything wrong with simply loving Sikhi for its own sake. We've an Itihaas that is second to none, a religious tradition that, in my view, blows the others out of the water on every account, every time. What's more, it sits comfortably with reason. A Christian or a Muslim, even a liberal one, will always have to contend in their own heads with the barbarism and senselessness contained within their Holy Books, and struggle to reconcile it with everything they know about human morality. I've never felt conflicted in this way, I'm not entirely sure any Sikh has. 

I hate to resort to the banal after all this profundity, but my motivation for my adherence to Sikhi is simply unremarkable by comparison - it makes me happy.