Ik Oankar Sat Gurparsad

Guru Gobind Singh jee was about to mount his horse, he suddenly asked the Khalsa that was standing around to recite Guru Granth Sahib jee in the time it took him to get on the horse. IMPOSSIBLE! thought the sangat, except for one Singh who did as Guru Sahib ordered, he got as far as saying ‘Ik Oankar Sat.. , Guru Gobind Singh jee sat on his horse and finished off by saying 'Gurprasad'. Guru Sahib explained the whole fundamental message of Guru Granth Sahib jee is : There is One God - realised by the Grace of the True Guru.

Dont get mislead by anyone who says they are Guru Nanak Dev jee, nor by anyone who claims to be a living human SatGuru, nor anyone who says for 20GBP they'll tell you your future from some cards. Believe in True Guru Granth Sahib jee and no one else. Say to Guru Granth Sahib jee, ' You are my master, highest, unparralled and most gracious, you look after all that sing Gods praises and all those that listen to Gods praises, save me as well Baba jee'. Guru Granth Sahib jee is 'Jag dee Jot' the Light of the World. Believe this whole heartedly without doubt, Guru Gobind Singh jee says 'Sabh Sikhan ko Hukam ha, Guru Mani-o Granth' 'It is the order to all Sikhs to believe their Guru is the Granth '.

There's a Sakhi about belief: Bhai Bala jee asked Guru Angad Dev jee how come he became the second Guru after doing only a few years of seva, whereas Bhai Bala jee had dedicated most of his life to guru Nanak jee? Guru Angad Dev jee said to him,; Bhai Bala jee what did you see Guru Nanak jee as?', Bhai Bala jee said' He was a perfect Sant in this world'. Guru Anagad Dev jee said,' And you too have become a perfect Sant in this world'. Bhai Bala asked Guru Angad Dev jee what he saw, Guru Angad Dev jee said,' I saw Waheguru jee himself in Guru Nanak jee and I was made Guru'.

In the same way, treat Guru Granth Sahib jee as the embodoiment of Waheguru jees light - perfect and pure in every way, believe in no other man or photo then your love will take you to the Supreme light where you are destined to merge in anand and happiness.

If one believes Guru Granth Sahib jee is merely ink and paper, but a man is necessary to bow to and worship then that person is destined to be second best like Bhai Bala jee.

ik oangkar satgur prasad,

ik oangkar satgur prasad,

- keep singing this until you truly understand it.