WJKK WJKF

I completely and truly believe in SGGS ji. I try and base my day to day activities and life as per the rehat maryada. I was always a proud sikh but recently my love for sikhi has grown a lot. To be a better sikh everyday is what I pray for.

The confusion is that how do I convince my mother to stop keeping her beliefs in patri, kundli, astrologers, vastu etc. She turns to astrologers to get solution to hers as well as family problems. For which in return they give weird solutions which are not at all as per my beliefs. I have tried to convince her a lot to believe in SGGS ji only and let guru handle our problems and there will be a definite solution. In return she has stopped discussing such things with me but continues to follow her old ways. (She is a lovely soul, does her path daily and we also have a guru ghar at home)

Recently, someone told her to ask me and my wife to offer flowers in flowing water on a thursday and there will be solution to our problem. My wife and even my dad have been trying to convince me on doing this. I do not want to hurt them as I see that my No's are really upsetting them every time they ask me do such things.

Please advice me to how can I convince them to get their thoughts right on this. (I have already read out SGGS ji quotes, sakhi's and what our Guru's said about this)

its a little conflict oriented ..but you have to be stiff..whenever she suggests with folded hands say Sat Nam Sri Waheguru and touch her feet ..do not argue and counter argue ..i too have faced this ..but mine was easier since my mom even if she consults them will not do any of their vidhi vidhaan suggested..

The confusion is that how do I convince my mother to stop keeping her beliefs in patri, kundli, astrologers, vastu etc. She turns to astrologers to get solution to hers as well as family problems. For which in return they give weird solutions which are not at all as per my beliefs. I have tried to convince her a lot to believe in SGGS ji only and let guru handle our problems and there will be a definite solution. In return she has stopped discussing such things with me but continues to follow her old ways. (She is a lovely soul, does her path daily and we also have a guru ghar at home)

Recently, someone told her to ask me and my wife to offer flowers in flowing water on a thursday and there will be solution to our problem. My wife and even my dad have been trying to convince me on doing this. I do not want to hurt them as I see that my No's are really upsetting them every time they ask me do such things.

Please advice me to how can I convince them to get their thoughts right on this. (I have already read out SGGS ji quotes, sakhi's and what our Guru's said about this)

There are many sakhiys in our sikh panth where gurbani patt resolve social/health/spiritual problems. In fact we have granth called- sharda pooran granth by bhai mani singh ji is faith based granth also granth which mentions to do jaap on certain gurbani shabads to resolve family problems bring social-religious/spiritual/economic prosperity

http://www.scribd.com/doc/61582880/Gur-Shabad-Sidhi-Shardha-Puran-Granth-Bhai-Mani-Singh-Ji-Punjabi

Above is all coming from puratan granth-Gur Shabad Sidhi (Shardha Puran Granth) (Bhai Mani Singh Ji) punjabi -faith building granth used in puratan samparda's where certain shabads are given for bhagti help, health improvement, spiritual/social/religious issues/hindrances social-religious/spiritual/economic prosperity.. approach is also bit like kids beginning like approach as kids have strong faith in anything, when parent want its kid to jaap of vahiguroo, usually greed (lalach) is given in return- baba farid when he was small he was given greed by his parents if he does jaap of vahiguroo, he would get gur(shakar ganz) equivalent to candy every day from vahiguroo, so in this way one is slowly attached with gurbani, once its attached with gurbani one feel naturally de-attached from world if one is receptive enough as one point gurbani mantra/pauri draw seeker in.

I agree its bit of slippery slope but why worry? Everything is in hakum, Gurbani knows best how to draw people in when where and how when once one started do its jaap with receptivity full faith without egoic self coming in a way everything happens , traditionally in gurbani we have bhagat dhru who did bhagti for raaj initially and then got saved later on when jaap drawed him in fully and also baba farid sakhi doing jaap of vahiguroo for candy when he was kid.