Trend Of Collecting Books/audio Not Reading, Applying Or Translating

There is disturbing trend among many sikhs, including unfortunately sikhs youths- i was also victim of this at one point, who are obsessive in collecting audio/books but when it comes to actually reading, translating some of it sharing the wisdom, applying the wisdom teachings we all fall short.

There is nothing wrong with collection, digitizing etc for preservation purposes for generation to come thats great we have to do that but true full advantage of it is to actually read it , provide commentary-translate and apply it in our daily lives. If we can do it on a personal level than we can encourage others to do the some to raise collective consciousness of our community into actual Guru's standard-Gurmat.

Kam (kam1825)-gurmatveechar.com/kam podcast, among singhs behind mahapurakh.com, gursevak.com, simran.info and I, amrit, tsingh, dalsingh, shaheediya, niranjana among many others by maharaj kirpa here on sikhawareness- spent many years online since 2003 to get stuff out there whether kam efforts to bringing full media collection on Gurmatveechar.com or whether its serious efforts by team on mahapurakh.com to actually do audio books of great books and translating material, or whether at here at home- sikhawareness.com many providing their own research, deep understanding of gurmat providing commentary, posting commentary screenshot from puratan japji sahib teeka.

I really hope young generation sikhs also make good effort - listening, applying deep layers of gurmat, sharing which is aleady available on gurmatveechar.com, mahapurakh.com and here at home sikhawareness.com.

But unfortunately it appears young generation sikhs are more concerned about just hoarding stuff , argue over some arbitrary nitty gritty differences in the panth, or controversy and fixate themselves to that instead. Thats why we will find more hits on controversial topics than deep layers of gurmat topic which are all deserted.

I can seriously vouch amount of deep gurmat material is out here on online web, you will rarely find in real life- western gurdwaras. So make best of cyber dharamsala (learning of gurmat-online learning center) guys.

There is disturbing trend among many sikhs, including unfortunately sikhs youths- i was also victim of this at one point, who are obsessive in collecting audio/books but when it comes to actually reading, translating some of it sharing the wisdom, applying the wisdom teachings we all fall short.

Guilty.

I have done/am doing the same. I love reading but have tens of books I have yet to start reading, yet I am buying more.

The 2nd point you made Neo bro, is something that crossed my mind as well. I have a book by Bawa Sumer Singh written in the 1700s "Gurbilas 10" and it is written in Brij. I would love to start working on a translation of this into English.