Dhan Dhan Dhan Bhagat Sri Kabir Ji Maharah (June 20).

ਕਬੀਰ ਜੀ ਗਉੜੀ
Raag Gaurhi kabir ji.

ਕਿਆ ਜਪੁ ਕਿਆ ਤਪੁ ਕਿਆ ਬ੍ਰਤ ਪੂਜਾ ॥ ਜਾ ਕੈ ਰਿਦੈ ਭਾਉ ਹੈ ਦੂਜਾ
What use is chanting, penance, fasts and worship, to one whose heart is filled with the love of duality? of something other than the activity?. 1.

ਰੇ ਜਨ ਮਨੁ ਮਾਧਉ ਸਿਉ ਲਾਈਐ ॥ ਚਤੁਰਾਈ ਨ ਚਤੁਰਭੁਜੁ ਪਾਈਐ ਰਹਾਉ
Hey folks, put your mind towards the Husband of Lakshmi. The Four-Armed Lord cannot be obtained through the intellect. Think about this.

ਪਰਹਰੁ ਲੋਭੁ ਅਰੁ ਲੋਕਾਚਾਰੁ ॥ ਪਰਹਰੁ ਕਾਮੁ ਕ੍ਰੋਧੁ ਅਹੰਕਾਰੁ
Set aside your greed and that display you make in front other people. Set aside your lust, anger and pride. 2.

ਕਰਮ ਕਰਤ ਬਧੇ ਅਹੰਮੇਵ ॥ ਮਿਲਿ ਪਾਥਰ ਕੀ ਕਰਹੀ ਸੇਵ
Actions bind you to pride, and together you all worship representations without deep devotion in your thoughts 3.

ਕਹੁ ਕਬੀਰ ਭਗਤਿ ਕਰਿ ਪਾਇਆ ॥ ਭੋਲੇ ਭਾਇ ਮਿਲੇ ਰਘੁਰਾਇਆ
Kabir ji says, He is only obtained through those actions, during which the mind is lovingly focused on Him. The innocent through love find the King of Raghus. 4. 3.

Summary

Here Kabir ji partially answers the previous shabad that innocent action is that which gets us closer to Ram. The innocence must be present, and cleverness must be shunned. Innocence takes us away from duality. Cleverness takes us deeper and deeper into duality. What is innocence? Innocence is without the sense of 'I'. Innocence is the intense focus on the activity without thoughts of anything else, as if nothing else matters during the activity.

Kabir ji has been telling us so far that meditation on Ram is the way to go. Here he clarifies that if there is love of duality/if one is not focused completely then that meditation has no use. Then meditation is empty and without any deep meaning. So set aside anything that steals the value of your actions. Set aside greed, pride and false displays (sense of 'I'). Innocence is not greedy, proud or has any need to put up a front. Cultivate this innocence.

Meditation loses it's value when one becomes trapped in pride. One says, "I do meditations and fasts" and when full of pride this devalues beneficial activities such as meditation, penance, fasts and worship. The idea is quite simple. You are doing these things to rid yourself of the 'I' so when you bring the sense of 'I' into your actions then you have devalued them. Don't be clever and claim that you performed those actions; maintain your innocence.