This Sikh gas station owner in US is selling fuel at a loss; the reason makes him a 'hero'

https://www.timesnownews.com/viral/this-sikh-gas-station-owner-in-us-is-selling-fuel-at-a-loss-the-reason-makes-him-a-hero-article-92157581

This Sikh gas station owner in US is selling fuel at a loss; the reason makes him a 'hero'

Jaswiendre Singh, a gas station owner from Phoenix, is selling gas at a huge cheap price to "give a break to the customer and my community".

479257189.cms?width=30&height=30

TN Viral Desk

Updated Jun 12, 2022 | 11:59 AM IST

Jaswiendre Singh

Sikh man sells fuel at a loss in US; says he just wants to help others

Ensuring that everyone eats and no one sleeps empty stomach has is a priority for the Sikh community, who have always been around to lend a helping hand.
Whether it was the Bushfires in Australia, the ongoing COVID-19 crisis, and the protests in America, Sikh groups have always found ways to serve food and necessities to the needy.
Seva also Sewa, short for the word Karseva refers to "selfless service", work or service performed without any thought of reward or personal benefit. In the Punjabi language, the person performing such service is called a 'Sevadar'.

While it may not be possible for an individual to organise mass meals and distribution services, the simplest of deeds can go a long way in making others feel happy and hopeful.

Jaswiendre Singh, a gas station owner from Phoenix, is doing his bit to help his local community.
He has been selling gas at a huge cheap price to "give a break to the customer and my community".

Singh is selling gas for $5.19 a gallon, 47 cents cheaper than the purchase price. Although he is losing out on $500 a day, he said he has no regrets about it.
For this gesture, he is now being hailed a hero on social media.

"People don’t have the money right now. My mother and my father did teach us to help if you have something,” said Singh.
He and his wife are working overtime these days to offset the losses they are facing at the petrol station.