Culture Vulture Dogs and Snakes want to claim Bible is affirmed by Gurbani and that Jesus was higher than Satgur Nanak at one point - Let them.

3 hours ago, harkeeratsingh said:

On a side note, Kateb is translated as bible but I hold the opinion that the bible is corrupt, not a reliable source of information, not the Kateb which was given to Jesus, not the Kateb Guru is talking about, and the spiritual authority in the christian tradition themselves accept the bible is corrupt.

Never said in Gurbani. Instead clear distinctions are made that validate the Vedic and Biblical texts not Quran not Muhmmad as shown by above citings. 

However, my opinion is Guru doesn't affirm or negate Kateb, bible, Jesus or Christ. What is mentioned to Muslims, who made up 50% of India at that time, is, don't say Kateb is wrong if you haven't read it.

On a side note, Kateb is translated as bible but I hold the opinion that the bible is corrupt, not a reliable source of information, not the Kateb which was given to Jesus, not the Kateb Guru is talking about, and the spiritual authority in the christian tradition themselves accept the bible is corrupt.

Anyways, Jesus is not mentioned in Bani, I think because he's not relevant, he's not important - we come from a tradition where the Guru honors Prophets from different backgrounds by putting their writing in Bani, from low class, poor families, to wealthy ones; there have been countless like Jesus and will be.

Lastly, Guru says a Satgur is someone who knows the Divine, Sat Purkh Jin Janiya, Satgur Tis Ka Nao, so when they say Jesus was Satgur from eternity, I just don't buy that he knew God when he was a baby sh*ttin' in his nappy. 

Thanks for reading. Apologies for my mistakes Waheguru Ji Ka Khalsa Waheguru Ji Ki Fateh _/\_

See Galatians and stand alone nature of Sikhi. 

Lastly, Guru says a Satgur is someone who knows the Divine, Sat Purkh Jin Janiya, Satgur Tis Ka Nao, so when they say Jesus was Satgur from eternity, I just don't buy that he knew God when he was a baby sh*ttin' in his nappy. 

Satguru is a Guru who makes other Satgurus going back 1.  

Guru Nanak Dev Ji was Satigur while poopin nappies just like Jesus. 

However, my opinion is Guru doesn't affirm or negate Kateb, bible, Jesus or Christ. What is mentioned to Muslims, who made up 50% of India at that time, is, don't say Kateb is wrong if you haven't read it.

Anyways, Jesus is not mentioned in Bani, I think because he's not relevant, he's not important - we come from a tradition where the Guru honors Prophets from different backgrounds by putting their writing in Bani, from low class, poor families, to wealthy ones; there have been countless like Jesus and will be.

Thanks for reading. Apologies for my mistakes Waheguru Ji Ka Khalsa Waheguru Ji Ki Fateh _/\_

Apologize for lying and contradicting Gurbani. 

Hukamnama

ਮਃ ੩ ॥

mahalaa teejaa ||

Third Mehla:

ਕਿਉ ਕਰਿ ਇਹੁ ਮਨੁ ਮਾਰੀਐ ਕਿਉ ਕਰਿ ਮਿਰਤਕੁ ਹੋਇ ॥

kiau kar ih man maareeaai kiau kar miratak hoi ||

How can this mind be conquered? How can it be killed?

ਕਹਿਆ ਸਬਦੁ ਨ ਮਾਨਈ ਹਉਮੈ ਛਡੈ ਨ ਕੋਇ ॥

kahiaa sabadh na maaniee haumai chhaddai na koi ||

If one does not accept the Word of the Shabad, egotism does not depart.

ਗੁਰ ਪਰਸਾਦੀ ਹਉਮੈ ਛੁਟੈ ਜੀਵਨ ਮੁਕਤੁ ਸੋ ਹੋਇ ॥

gur parasaadhee haumai chhuTai jeevan mukat so hoi ||

By Guru's Grace, egotism is eradicated, and then, one is Jivan Mukta - liberated while yet alive.

ਨਾਨਕ ਜਿਸ ਨੋ ਬਖਸੇ ਤਿਸੁ ਮਿਲੈ ਤਿਸੁ ਬਿਘਨੁ ਨ ਲਾਗੈ ਕੋਇ ॥੨॥

naanak jis no bakhase tis milai tis bighan na laagai koi ||2||

O Nanak, one whom the Lord forgives is united with Him, and then no obstacles block his way. ||2||

Guru Amar Daas Ji in Raag Raamkalee - 948