Dhan Dhan Guru Tegh Bahadur

Let's all remember our great Ninth Nanak, who sacrificed himself to save another faith, Waheguru! on his Shaheedi Diwas (Monday 24th Novemeber).

"Baba Bakala" - he is at the village Bakala! Many impostors, distant blood-relations of the Master, proclaimed themselves the new Nanak. But the trained disciples well know the fragrance of the soul that comes from the true Beloved. They soon found their Master. So great was the joy that a disciple, Makahn Shah got on top of a house and cried in ecstasy to the heavens and the earth, "Guru Ladho! Guru Ladho!" The Master is found! The Master is found!

Tegh Bahadur had lived till now in extreme abstraction and in awful solitude. None could go near him, such was his reserve, inaccessible as the high peak of a mountain. His Dhyanam-abstracted look disconcerted people: and as they passed him by, called him "mad Tegh".

Till now, we have seen that every reincarnation of Nanak that has shown before us was different and yet alike. Tegh Bahadur could not bear the sight of creation without a deep agitation of soul. He could not but suffer from a profound sadness on seeing the helpless destiny of man's life imprisoned under the "Inverted Bowl" of this blue sky. He could live in the Dhyanam of the Beloved, and nowhere else. So sympathetic, so saddened by the world's distress was he, that he would have died of sympathy, had he not been put in the center where shines the light of the Beloved. If God had not caught his mind in the magic net of His own Effulgence, if Tegh Bahadur had not found peace in the spirit of Nanak, his temperament would have led him to be one of those who sacrifice themselves. He would jay down his life to save a poor cow from being led to the slaughterhouse, in order to escape the pain of the great illusion.

Tegh Bahadur always sings the sorrows of created life, and converts them into a vision of Heaven - a joy of self-realization. He finds joy nowhere but in His Nam and praise, and he exhorts everyone to be of that spirit. "Do they not make ropes of wet sand on the river bank who rely on the riches of this earth? Like a picture painted on water, like a bubble on the wave is not all this magic of evanescence unsatisfying? O Man! thy supreme vocation is to live in the Beloved!" Tegh Bahadur's note is Renunciation: he dwells only upon the nearness of his Beloved, and the enlargement of the divine Idea in human life. The pleasures of life were so many pains; but, as Tegh Bahadur says, all realization of truth and its joy springs from these hard pains. Shed your tears for the sorrows of the world, but make them into a rosary for telling the beads of HariNam.

Sorrow is your wealth, suffering your gladness of soul, if you are really great as He Himself.

Your optimism is austere and ascetic, and never can be reconciled to life but in Him.

Tegh Bahadur's mind is ever awake. It alone is made forever free of the drowsiness that the Maya of life induces in every one. "To forget One and to feel enamored of another reality, is Maya," says the Master. "You shall sleep not, O Bride! if you have chosen to wait for the king tonight," Tegh Bahadur's emphasis on this aspect of the Dhyanam of the disciple is as great as that of the older Nanak, judging by their songs. "O Brother! Nothing in this world can be thine forever, therefore think of Him alone, and live retired from the sorrows of life. Plunge yourself again and again into thought, and see what the world contains that can promise aught but the illusions of magic colors, snaring you again and again without purpose. Therefore turn within and see the truth within yourself."

Guru Tegh Bahadur was so tender in his being, that he ought not to have been allowed to come in contact with the suffering of the people. His poems are tears shed for them in the silence of his heart. Soft as a rain cloud, his songs awakened the dry hearts of men.

"Forget yourselves, O people, but forget not the Beloved. Forget not, in your gifts, the great Giver." Such is the message of Tegh Bahadur; which, sinking deep in the heart, makes life painful, but delicious. It makes men sleepless, but full of the peace of the Infinite. Tegh Bahadur's word bestows on us a repose which no death can shake. It is the greatest solace ever uttered of the Sikh martyrs! " What reck we of this earthly life? We lay it down for a higher life that puts forth its sign blossom in the Window of the Soul? Nothing matters. What are fetters to our feet, when we see wings already spread for our soul to fly to the Beloved? What is torture, or death, or wrath of kings, when to our inner ear the angels are already singing victory? What injury can fire do us, or waters, or swords, when we see beings made of light take us in their embrace and support us in a faith that we are His and He is ours and all is made of light and song and joy?"

Tegh Bahadur and Amritsar

The seat of the Master and the disciples, as we said, had shifted to Kiratpur; and Amritsar was already in he hands of impostors, priests who saw the money to be got by priest-craft at Han Mandir. When the Guru had gone towards the hills, the disciples also departed thither and only priests remained behind. Since the time of Arjan Dev, there had sprung up a kind of civic administration, which collected the offerings of people at large for the upkeep of the Sikh cities, temples and tanks. Often the administration got into the hands of people other than the disciples, though everyone was eager to call himself a Sikh in those halcyon days. For some time the civic administration worked well; but later the surrounding enemies of the House of the Master came in and enlisted as Masands or collectors of offerings, and made the whole administration inimical to the disciples. They afflicted the true disciples in many way, and the disciples endured without a sigh or murmur all that came from Masands in the name of their Beloved. A full revelation of their ill-doing was made to Gobind Singh in a drama played before him at Anandpur, and it was he who abolished the Masand administration and destroyed the tyrants.

The signs of this tyranny were visible when Tegh Bahadur paid a visit to Hari Mandir. The priests, shut the doors of the temple against the Master, and he said, The priests of Amritsar are men of blind heart that burn in their own lust of greed." But, as the news spread, all Amritsar came out to pour their soul at his feet. The women of the Holy City of Song welcomed him with the Master's song and went singing all the way with him to the village Walia, where he stayed in the lowly abode of a devoted disciple.

Tegh Bahadur could not stay in one place, for the accumulating sorrows of the people grew to be more than he could bear. He was perpetually on tour, meeting his disciples in villages and in lonely jungle-huts. He traveled as far as Dacca and Kamrup in eastern India burning lamps of 'human hearts in memory of Guru Nanak, wherever the Master had been before him. At Dhubri, Tegh Bahadur raised a mound. He organized a Sangat in Assam, and illuminated many a family with the light of his face.

[Prof Puran Singh]

DHAN DHAN GURU TEGH BAHADUR SAHIB

DHAN DHAN GURU TEGH BAHADUR SAHIB

WHO SACREFISEDHIS LIFE FOR RELIGIOUS FREEDOM

FOR HINDUS & SIKHS TO BE ABEL TO PRATICE THEIR RELIGIONS

DHAN DHAN GURU TEGH BHADUR SAHIb

U WONT EVER FIND SUCH A PEROSN WHO GIVE HIS LIFE FOR AN OTHRE RELIGION!

DHAN DHAN GURU TEGH BHADUR SAHIB!

:bow: :bow: :bow: :bow: :bow: :bow:

If guroo maharaj wouldnt scarificed himself for hindu dharam.. there would be no such thing hinduism at india....half of people in the world would be circumsized by now under evil islam mughal regime!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

DHAN DHAN 9TH GUROO NANAK SAHIB NIRNAKAR :bow: :bow: :bow:

Guest Javanmard

Tilak and Janeo were used during the Mughal period to signify religious freedom in general not just Hinduism. To say that Guru Tegh Bahadar sacrificed his life for Hinduism is RSS propaganda. Our Guru died for religious freedom in general. All the lovers of God be they Sikh, Christians, Muslims, Vaishnav or Shaiv etc.. should be able to practice their religion in freedom. Let us also remember in this context the death of Prince Dara Shukoh who died for the same reasons and was the friend of Guru Hari Rai. Guru Gobind SIngh refers to Dara Shukof inhis letters to Aurangzeb.

What is so striking about Guru Tegh Bahadar is the sweetness of his bani he composed in prison.

Vah Vah Guru Tegh Bahadur, Shah i Shahidan!!!

Guest Javanmard

does that mean you're OK with RSS. Guru Gobind SIngh himslef cursed the masands. We shouldn't judge but then again there are those who are so bad that they we don't need to judge them to know that they are bad. Remember 1984 and the RSS?

does that mean you're OK with RSS. Guru Gobind SIngh himslef cursed the masands. We shouldn't judge but then again there are those who are so bad that they we don't need to judge them to know that they are bad. Remember 1984 and the RSS?

yes i do :)

no i am nto OK with them

but generally speak i would not Curse anyone as I have no power...

And I defenetly wouldn't compare myself to Guru Govind Singh ji :roll:

Guest Javanmard

I never compared myself to Guru Gobind Singh :evil: :evil: If you wish to keep on taking my posts personally at least have the decency of using pm instead of waging your little ego war against me in front of the cyber sangat! :evil:

I never compared myself to Guru Gobind Singh :evil: :evil: If you wish to keep on taking my posts personally at least have the decency of using pm instead of waging your little ego war against me in front of the cyber sangat! :evil:

U know what..

I'm not gonna bother answering ur posts now

Tusi perfect o Maharaj :yo: :yo: :yo:

Guru Tegh Bhadhur ji sacrificed to save humanity. Also, don't buy this propaganda that Guru ji was trying to give some kind of favour to Kashmiri Pandit's. Did he mention somewhere that he wanted to get something in return? Also don't forget that if you can't see god in all then you can't see God at all and I think Guru ji was on that level.

Let me add more to it. Guru ji had two real brothers with him as well from the same family and also Bhai Dyala ji which all these sikh camps in UK try to hide for some reason.

Here are links to read about them.

Bhai Mati Das Ji

http://allaboutsikhs.com/bhagats/bhaimatidas.htm

Bhai Sati Das Ji

http://allaboutsikhs.com/martyrs/bhaisatidas.htm

Bhai Dyala Ji

http://www.worldkhalsa.com/public/dyala.html