Salvation

source: http://www.geocities.com/Athens/Troy/8399/...sar/FRAMES.html

SALVATION

God is Absolute (Nirgun) i.e. He is free from limits and conditions. He is Unconditional and Unalterable. However, he at the same time, is Relative (Sargun). He exists everywhere. These two forms of God are not different from each other, just as gold and gold ornaments are the same. The True Guru shall have to be worshipped in order to see the (Nirgun) God. Consequently, Guru Nanak, who is the embodiment of Formless God, shall have to be worshipped. In Gurbani, we find many passages in support of this truth. Water exists every where under the earth, but one has to obtain it by certain devices, such as digging a well. One will see GOD in his GURU. The holy Guru Granth Sahib Ji is sent by God to mankind through Guru Nanak to enable the masses to attain the final goal in which leads one to worship and remember God, with total love and devotion.

Explaining the limits of the NAAM, Baba Ji observed, "Streams and rivers finally fall in the ocean. What is the limit of the ocean? God and the NAAM are Limitless. For a Gursikh, his final resort is the Guru, who will, by his grace, unite him with the Naam and God."

Baba Ji provides us a perfect model worthy of emulation. He proved by his unique life-style that whatever was prescribed in holy Sri Guru Granth Sahib Ji was to be contemplated with all humility and veneration, was to be diligently followed and was to be practically lived. There was complete harmony between the eternal truths Baba Ji talked of and his own truthful living.

Baba Ji had absolute conviction that Sri Guru Granth Sahib Ji was God and he yearned, thirsted to realize and see God face to face, to intimately talk to His beloved Lord, to humbly and lovingly serve Him with his own hands.

Once during a holy conversation, in praise and glory of Mahan Baba Nand Singh Ji, Baba Isher Singh Ji narrated a personal experience of his own. Baba Nand Singh Ji was once busy in the holy service of Sri Guru Granth Sahib Ji. It was time for the Holy Scripture to be closed for rest. Baba Isher Singh Ji who was standing there, was watching Baba Ji with his most adorable, lovable, worshipful, Lord Sri Guru Granth Sahib Ji. Baba Ji, just at that time, in a most compassionate and divine mood looked at Baba Isher Singh Ji and in his ecstatic characteristic humility kept his forehead on the open Sri Guru Granth Sahib Ji, with all reverence. No sooner he did this he disappeared physically in the holy folds and lap of Sri Guru Granth Sahib Ji. As Baba Ji did not reappear from the holy Sri Guru Granth Sahib Ji for some time, venerable Baba Isher Singh Ji got worried and started praying to Baba Ji to kindly return from the Holy source of His merger. Baba Ji reappeared from the Sri Guru Granth Sahib Ji.

Esteemed Baba Isher Singh Ji then added that all this he saw with his own physical eyes with the blessings of Baba Nand Singh Ji. He saw physical merger of the great worshipper and he worshipped Lord into one entity and then physical emergence of Baba Nand Singh Ji Maharaj again as a separate entity apparently for the redemption of mankind.

God revealed himself to Baba Nand Singh Ji in all His Glory and that is what Sri Guru Granth Sahib stood for and meant to Baba Nand Singh Ji. Whereas for others Sri Guru Granth Sahib ii represents a mere holy scripture, for Baba Nand Singh Ji the Guru Granth Sahib Ji stands for all powerful, luminous, omnipresent GOD.

"When you touch the knees or feet of an elderly person, his hands automatically come on your shoulders or head to bless you. So is the nature of my Beloved Guru Nanak. When a devotee falls in full reverence, in all humility at the Lotus Feet of Sri Guru Granth Sahib, Holy Hands of All merciful Guru Nanak move on his head and blesses him."

Baba Nand Singh Ji

"Being a born saint, Baba Nand Singh Ji has nothing to accomplish for himself. He had nothing to do for his personal benefit or gain something. He therefore set out a maryada aglow with perfect desirelessness, selflessness, non-attachment. And Baba Nand Singh Ji alone was capable of accomplishing all this so perfectly, so magnificently in this dark age of Kalyug.

The golden maryada carved out by Baba Nand Singh Ji will shine as sustainer of the whole world."

Baba Narinder Singh Ji

Once during a holy conversation, in praise and glory of Mahan Baba Nand Singh Ji, Baba Isher Singh Ji narrated a personal experience of his own. Baba Nand Singh Ji was once busy in the holy service of Sri Guru Granth Sahib Ji. It was time for the Holy Scripture to be closed for rest. Baba Isher Singh Ji who was standing there, was watching Baba Ji with his most adorable, lovable, worshipful, Lord Sri Guru Granth Sahib Ji. Baba Ji, just at that time, in a most compassionate and divine mood looked at Baba Isher Singh Ji and in his ecstatic characteristic humility kept his forehead on the open Sri Guru Granth Sahib Ji, with all reverence. No sooner he did this he disappeared physically in the holy folds and lap of Sri Guru Granth Sahib Ji. As Baba Ji did not reappear from the holy Sri Guru Granth Sahib Ji for some time, venerable Baba Isher Singh Ji got worried and started praying to Baba Ji to kindly return from the Holy source of His merger. Baba Ji reappeared from the Sri Guru Granth Sahib Ji.

Baba Narinder Singh Ji

Sat Sri Akal

No offense, but this story sounds pretty wierd to me... Do you want us to believe in such stories... What purpose do they serve to us other than wondering what sikhi is all about ?

Even if these episodes are/may be true should be kept to our ownself and never propogated to others to influence their psychology. I think that was the message of our Gurus as well... who did not perform miracles to influence their followers...

Chardi Kala

No offense, but this story sounds pretty wierd to me... Do you want us to believe in such stories... What purpose do they serve to us other than wondering what sikhi is all about ?

Even if these episodes are/may be true should be kept to our ownself and never propogated to others to influence their psychology. I think that was the message of our Gurus as well... who did not perform miracles to influence their followers...

Chardi Kala

Ideal singh ji,

On the same site i got this

Baba Ji DID NOT perform any miracles, but as explained in the Divine Hymns, supernatural powers automatically serve as humble servants of the Brahmgiani, who attains union with GOD during his lifetime.

And why should i keep to myself.. I like to share with the sangat about our enrich sikh history.....i would like to prove those people who dont beleive in sants/bhramgyani that they do exist...

They are gloosy stars of sikhism which keeping sikhi alive and kicking and flourishing sikhi with Loveeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee and Anand!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Thats one thing you cant deny!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :D

Ideal Singh,

Look beyond the miracles. The point of the Sakhi is not to 'show off' about how many miracles Babaji performed, it is to demonstrate the point at which Babaji merged into His Guru. This is the final goal for every Sikh, and Babaji personified this. Whether it affects your psychology in a way to benefit you is in your hands.

Gurfateh