OFFERING PARSHAD

source: http://www.geocities.com/Athens/Troy/8399/...sar/FRAMES.html

OFFERING PARSHAD

(SACRED FOOD) TO THE GURU

The Sikhs firmly believe, and it is a fact that their Guru is ever present with them. They pray to the Guru to render all help to them and to fulfil their desire. When the Sikhs assert that Sri Guru Granth Sahib Ji is the visible manifestation of the Guru's body then why should we say that he cannot eat the Parshad? Baba Ji used to place the Parshad before the Guru and the Guru actually eats part of it. In the prayer, made at Nanaksar and even at many other Gurdwara, the devotees pray to the Guru to eat a part of the parshad and not merely "accept" it.

There are some true stories in proof of the fact that the Satguru ate Parshad. S. Ram Singh, retired Executive Engineer, Canal Department, Punjab narrated that Baba Ji had built rooms of wooden sleepers, temporarily erected, at some distance from Montgomery town when he visited that place. Inside the room of Sri Guru Granth Sahib Ji, there used to be a very dim light of an oil lamp. He one day saw that, when Baba Ji went inside to offer parshad to the Satguru, there was and extraordinary Light in the room, which could be seen through the slits in the wooden sleepers.

Baba Ji used to stress that the parshad should be prepared with pure intentions with money earned honestly.

It is impossible for anyone to know and describe the unlimited spiritualism of true saint. Even his outward behavior and life cannot be adequately described. Only he knows the Supreme Joy with God, and the Guru. Baba Ji possessed the Treasure of Spiritualism. None can fully know and describe his spiritual powers:

The protective powers of Baba Ji saved many from serious results. Once Babu Ramji Dass, Way Inspector of the Railway Department, India, came from Jagraon with his family in a cart to Nanaksar. After paying respects to Baba Ji, he sought permission to go back. Baba Ji told him to wait. He again sought his permission but Baba Ji again told him to wait. In spite of this, he and his family members left Nanaksar and sat in the cart to go back to Jagraon. The coolies, who were pushing the trolley on the railway track, saw a train coming from behind at a great speed from the direction of Moga. The party had no option. Death was certain. However, the train stopped dead when it reached the trolley. The engine driver, Buta Singh, was himself puzzled as to how the enginie had stopped. He said, "It was impossible for me to stop the engine as it was coming at a very high speed. I could not apply the vacuum brakes. It is strange that the engine has become cool like ice. It is a miracle."

The party put the trolley in the train and came in it to Jagraon. They thanked God, the Satguru and Baba Ji for saving their lives. Next day, Ramji Dass went to pay respects to Baba Ji, who observed, "O simple man!! Why did you not obey my directions and stay here. I had to leave meditation, in order to stop the engine."

Baba Ji's power to remain absorbed in the Naam was extraordinary. He had no love for worldly things. Once some devotees of Maghiana wanted to donate some land in the name of Baba Ji. The Patwari came to enquire the name of Baba Ji's father. Baba Ji observed : "My father's name is Guru Gobind Singh. I do not want any property whatsoever. I have not come in this world to make huts, or houses or to own land."

Sant Wadhawa Singh wanted to write a deed in order to appoint Baba Ji as his successor. Baba Ji observed. "In all the regions of the creation, I do not own even an area equal to the eye of the sewing needle. Yet, I being the son of Almighty Creator, own all that exists. I don't want to succeed you. Kindly excuse me."

Baba Ji used to observe that the desire to get fame and name is the biggest weakness of the man. A true Saint does not even want this. Baba Ji used to take upon himself the ailments and sufferings of others. When Baba Ji was in Bhatinda, the devotees saw some whitish small boils on his thighs. On enquiry, he said that the attendants had not performed massage properly. The next day, some devotees came from a nearby village and submitted. "Plaque is raging in our village. Kindly have mercy and save us from this deadly disease." Baba Ji showed his thighs to them and observed, "Yesterday when you said your prayers, I got the disease upon my person. Now the plaque will vanish from your village." When they went back they found that no one suffered from this disease since then.

Baba Ji once said that he is endeavoring to become a true Sikh, a state which is very difficult to attain.

"A Sikh may become spiritually most powerful, powerful enough even to pluck the stars from the skies, but he remains a Sikh only."

Baba Nand Singh Ji

• 1 year later...