My awakenening- Amrit sanchar, december 01, 2003

Waheguru ji ka khalsa, waheguru ji ki fateh

sabh thain hoee sahai

friends and those of you who don't know me,

I read a post earlier that made me want to share my experience. I was a vain, selfish person who wanted to always have the limelight. Time passed and all my actions became fruitless and I realised that the pain in me was mirrored by a more joyous source, How would I know paap and have guilt in me if there weren't something reflecting the goodness???

well, as time went on, I started involving myself in the gurdwara, sitting in front of guru sahib became my only source of peace. I desired to become amritdhari, but sad/bitter faces, hypocrisy, elitism made me want to capitalize on goodness instead. Yet goodness was subjective on circumstances as goodness was perceived by people based on culture and situation.

I realised there was something more, I went to a bhangra competition and my cup of passion for bhangra went up to the brim. I was so high off of the performance, that I don't even remember it. I had an immediate sense of loneliness and went to the gurdwara by my house. It was at that moment that I knew that there was something more I had to do.....

4 years passed.... so much happened... life went upside down and inside out. my perception of life changed but I was still confused. the thought of god was enough to get my by although my circumstances would drive most to the bottle... well I was fortunate enough to meet some good souls. Their subtle fragrance, aura, depth of gaze made me realise that there is something more and divine. I started having "experiences", and I felt change... big change...

I started growing my hair... (this was big because I was gurmukh in desire and action, in a "prettyboy/playboy'" body). This was the first filtering process.. those who liked me because of looks disappeared. Time went on and my relationship with the person who I thought I was going to marry was hitting the rocks. it avalanched down and I was told " I don't find you attractive".... the beauty of my state was that we were months away from being destitute, but I put things aside and dialang saroopay blessed me with a job. I ended up slipping in school, and I was put on academic probation, so I used the last semester to go to india. The week I decided I was going to go, (as my heart told me that guru ji's waiting for me) my dad finally got a job after 2.5 years. I felt the way was paved for me and I made my way to india.

The experience,

I got to india, and the feeling of sikhi, escaped as soon as I hit delhi. I felt like I was in some "Weird" zone. My family did what they could to get me to cut my hair as it didn't coincide with their "arya smaaji" views. But then, I made it out to rakaab ganj, and I can't explain the feeling I had. I also went to bangla sahib and cis ganj and something inside of me said that there is more...

I spent time at darbar sahib and soaked in the peace, but something inside of me became unsettled. I wanted to go down south, I wanted to be in hazoor sahib. Now one would ask why hazoor sahib... I can't honestly tell anyone why. all I knew was that before going to india, I didn't think much of it. I used to think, india is india and I'm in canada; why would/should I care. Well, I went back to delhi from panjab.. and then things happened.

I went to agra, I became sick, I got home, slept. talked to my dad. I found out he lost his job. I called my "Soon to be" and she blanked me. I realised that my last 2.5 years had no substance and my life had no stability upon my return to canada. my love life was shot, my economic stability was shot, my future was probationary, and I looked like sadaam hussain..lol

well, things changed.

I got to nander, something inside of me felt the same excitement and comfort I used to feel at weddings. The person took us to nander sahib, the takhat. I can't describe the excitement that was going on within me. I put my stuff in the "sraan" and then walked in from that side. I can't desribe the peace that I felt. I walked into the takhat and it felt like that was what I have been waiting for my whole life. I listened to rehraas sahib, and then it became dark outside but the life inside was incredible. I heard artee and a part of me was in some other world. I was so elated, I don't remember what happened. I couldn't sit still because it felt like something inside of me had to go and find something. I went to the comittee people and asked about amrit sanchaar . that was my ardaas in front of guru sahib.

the next day we only had 4 people and the maryada was that of 5 singhs. Well, they called us forward and 3 more popped up out of nowhere. here I was, sitting in front of maharaaj ji. with my life shattered, and the worst thing happened. I had dubidha..... but maharaaj did apaar kirpa on me and took me in. I can't describe what that area felt like, It was like that was where I belonged and that I was supposed to run into old friends there. I went to mata sahib devan gurdwara and I thought, the time is coming where this land is going to be populate like mad. There will be so much growth and the gurdwaras from the hills will be landmarks for truth. there is a feeling of promise in that area. I can't explain it.

alrighty, I have been a bit disjointed in my thoughts and my apologies. I hope maharaj blesses everyone with the love I was given.

mai, gur charnee chit laiyeay.

:bow:

The 'Mystery' of Sri Hazoor Sahib cannot be described. :pray:

The city of Nanded is sacred, where my Guru Jee spent some of his time. His presense can be felt there in Takht Sri Hazoor Sahib, but no one can describe it. What we can do is just thank our Guru Jee, who gave us the opportunity to touch the holy dust of Sri Hazoor Sahib. :pray:

Great were the moments, when we saw the Takht Sri Hazoor Sahib. The 'Anand' of 'Artee' in Sri Hazoor Sahib cannot be described. :pray: .How can we describe our feelings when we were taking the 'Amrit' right before the mysterious Sri Angeetha Sahib? :pray: .

My mother wanted me to visit Sri Patna Sahib and Sri Huzoor Sahib. She wanted me to taste Amrit at Sri Huzoor Sahib. It could not be possible because of her ill health. When she died in 1986, I was just fourteen years old. My father took me to Sri Patna Sahib to fulfill my mother's wish.

After some years, I started to feel some emptiness inside me. I thought it was because I did not fulfill my mother's wish to be baptized at Sri Huzoor Sahib. So, I decided to taste the Nectar.

I went to Sri Huzoor Sahib with a religious party. We reached there in the evening. We were told that the 'Amrit Sanchaar' would be taken place next morning.

Next, morning, I reached there on given time. I bowed my head before the Takhat Sahib. The Holy Sri Guru Granth Sahib and Sri Dasam Granth Sahib were installed there. In the middle of the building, there is the place called 'Sri Angeethha Sahib'. It is the place where last rituals of Guru Gobind Singh Ji were held. A platform is constructed there. There have been put the Holy weapons of Guru Gobind Singh Ji. The weapons of Akali Phoola Singh Ji, Maharaja Ranjit Singh and some of the Sikhs are also put there.

After the keertan (the devotional singing), the Amrit Sanchaar started. Singh Sahib Bhai Hazoora Singh Ji (now left for his heavenly abode) himself was among the Five beloved ones. About one hundred men, women and children were present to take the Nectar.

The ceremony started. The five beloved ones were in saffron dresses. They sat around the 'Baata' (iron vessel) and started to recite the holy hymns from Sri Guru Granth Sahib and Sri Dasam Granth Sahib. During all the period, all the seekers remained standing.

After completing all the required rituals, the Five beloved ones started to distribute the Nectar. People came one by one and took the Holy Nectar for five times. Because there were about one hundred seekers, so it took some time to complete the ceremony.

Then, came the greatest moments in my life. It was now my turn to take the Holy Nectar. I was wearing a sword and a 'Saif' (a double edged sword). One of the Five beloved asked me to sit down before them.

The Jathedar of the Holy Takhat, Singh Sahib Hazoora Singh, looked at me, because I was wearing not just a single sword, but also a 'Saif' (a double edged sword) with three feet long blade. He put his hand on my shoulder, looked carefully at my 'Saif' and then he smiled. I answered in a smile.

I was sitting before the Five beloved ones. On my one side, there was the Holy Sri Guru Granth Sahib Ji and the other side Sri Dasam Granth Sahib Ji. Before my eyes, there was the Holy 'Angeethha Sahib' of Sri Guru Gobind Singh Ji Maharaj. The holy weapons of Guru Gobind Singh Ji were right before my eyes. The weapons of Akali Phoola Singh, Maharaja Ranjit Singh and other Sikhs were there right before my eyes. I bowed my head to the Guru and the 'Angeethha Sahib'.

Singh Sahib Hazoora Singh, the Jathedar of the Holy shrine himself distributed the Holy Nectar to me. He gave me the Nectar to taste for five times and asked me to say 'Waheguru'. He put the Nectar for five times on my head and asked me to say 'Waheguru' for each time. He sprinkled the Nectar in my eyes for five times and asked me to say 'Waheguru'.

I was given a new name 'Ranjit Singh', though my first name, Amrit Pal Singh, was also taken from Sri Guru Granth Sahib at Takht Sri Kesgarh Sahib, Anandpur Sahib.

After the ceremony, all of us went to river Godawari to take a bath. This is the river, which has many memories of Guru Gobind Singh Ji and Baba Banda Singh Bahadur Ji.

Thus, I became the Sikh of Guru Granth Sahib Ji Maharaj.

:pray: :pray:

-A Hazooree Singh